AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-01-15, 15:13   Link #1321
BPD Renegade

Ch 666: Huh, I wasn't expecting this little twist regarding Utsuro, but it does make having the "Spirit Bomb" be the final move (assuming it is the final) seem more appropriate now. I was expecting something blatant for "666" and was a bit disappointed when it seemed like a normal chapter, but in retrospect, humans inciting fear in the devil works too, although it's subtle enough to probably be a coincidence. Meanwhile, is this where we'll finally get our last flashbacks?
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-15, 16:30   Link #1322
grecefar

it should've ended in this 666 chapter, fitting for gorilla. lol
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-15, 17:45   Link #1323
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's pretty cliché, but this is so well done. Loved the final pages showing our three heroes standing up one last time. Not many chapters left now.
Old 2018-01-15, 18:48   Link #1324
thefreakmike

What if the Gorilla purposely didnt made everything going to shit in 666 only for someone to bite the dust in the next chapter

Like "you thought it will go down to shit in this chapter, but not, IT WILL BE IN 667 XD" like that would be a troll move, classic of this series

Regarding the chapter itself, I can live with it, a lot of people are comparing it to Fairy Tail but this is actually not an asspull, nobody is randomly powering up nor giving cringe-worthy speeches, plus all of the lives from Kabuki-cho are at actual stake here (not that I truely believe every single one of them will die)
Old 2018-01-17, 19:06   Link #1325
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

What the heck? Gintoki has lost more blood than Ichigo Kurosaki or Haru Glory and he keeps fighting.
Old 2018-01-17, 19:18   Link #1326
thefreakmike

Gintoki has had worse injuries in the Shogun Assassination and Rakuyou arcs combined and was able to keep fighting, the most damage he has gotten is being impaled by Utsuro in this fight, this nothing to him
Old 2018-01-17, 19:29   Link #1327
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreakmike View Post
Gintoki has had worse injuries in the Shogun Assassination and Rakuyou arcs combined and was able to keep fighting, the most damage he has gotten is being impaled by Utsuro in this fight, this nothing to him
Yeah, the wounds are pushing it too much. Even the younger ones are recovering. The plot armor is amazing.
Old 2018-01-23, 23:13   Link #1328
thefreakmike

Sad news everyone

Gintama is either ending next week, or reaches its "climax", either way its ending for real this month

This was such a ride and I am so glad I took, Gintama will surely hold up as one of the best manga in general in history and seeing reach its end is both satisfying and sad at the same time, and it will forever leave an irreplaceable spot both in Jump and in everyone´s life

Last edited by thefreakmike; 2018-01-23 at 23:32.
thefreakmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-24, 12:24   Link #1329
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I already figured it was going to end very soon, so not surprised by this news. Definitely sad to see one of my all time favorite series that I've watched/read for over 12 years come to an end though. When I read the final chapter, it's going to hit me hard. I hope we'll get a proper epilogue for each main character.
Old 2018-01-24, 13:10   Link #1330
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

just the clarification. is Climax for "Final arc". Chance are we still have few chapter for epilogue.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-25, 21:23   Link #1331
thefreakmike

Spoiler for F*CK:
Old 2018-01-27, 01:06   Link #1332
BPD Renegade

Well, shit. Is this source real? Gintama ending February 5th? That leaves only one issue left after chapter 668! There's no way the manga would end so abruptly, right? I feel like there has to have been some mistake in translation. Especially since this week's chapter didn't announce that it's ending next issue...

Man, it's been over ten years since I started reading Gintama. I remember when there were only a few dozen chapters scanlated, and translators jumped almost straight to the Benizakura arc, leaving a huge, gaping hole that took years to fill in, haha. We really are fortunate to have the current team working on Gintama every week nowadays. It's going to feel so surreal when it ends.
Old 2018-01-27, 10:39   Link #1333
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Well, shit. Is this source real? Gintama ending February 5th? That leaves only one issue left after chapter 668! There's no way the manga would end so abruptly, right? I feel like there has to have been some mistake in translation. Especially since this week's chapter didn't announce that it's ending next issue...

Man, it's been over ten years since I started reading Gintama. I remember when there were only a few dozen chapters scanlated, and translators jumped almost straight to the Benizakura arc, leaving a huge, gaping hole that took years to fill in, haha. We really are fortunate to have the current team working on Gintama every week nowadays. It's going to feel so surreal when it ends.
Well, at least the fight against Utsuro might end next chapter. Wonder what the wounded Yorozuya will do to defeat him. Maybe Utsuro will just give up or something
Old 2018-01-27, 15:39   Link #1334
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

New chapter is out

Spoiler for 668:
Old 2018-01-27, 20:02   Link #1335
BPD Renegade

^ Yes, it came out yesterday, but there wasn't any mention in it (that I saw) that next chapter is the last, which is why I have misgivings about the validity of the article's source.

Then again, Gorilla can always give us the middle finger and next chapter is "Earth is Destroyed. Everyone dies. SURPRISE SUCKERS! The End."
Old 2018-01-27, 20:34   Link #1336
thefreakmike

My bet is that Utsuro rises up one last time only for Zura to finish him off for good and save the day, like he foreshadowed all the way back in Rakuyou
Old 2018-01-27, 20:37   Link #1337
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreakmike View Post
My bet is that Utsuro rises up one last time only for Zura to finish him off for good and save the day, like he foreshadowed all the way back in Rakuyou
That's not how you say February Elizabeth
Old 2018-01-29, 13:40   Link #1338
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think this is the end for Utsuro. He seemed to have accepted humans were stronger than him. On the other hand, he did give the middle finger to Gintoki by telling him he couldn't save his master. He just had to have the last word
Old 2018-01-29, 14:59   Link #1339
BPD Renegade

So it was a mistranslation after all. Looks like next week's chapter is just the climax.
Source

And after scrolling up, it looks like you guys already mentioned it. Whoops.

Let's start the betting pool people. Who's going to end up dead by the end of this? Tossing my chips onto Utsuro and Takasugi.
Old 2018-01-29, 15:50   Link #1340
Ernietheracefan

Does Shinsengumi have a casualties so far..?

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
samurai, sci-fi