Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-31, 11:41   Link #41
Soon

Send a message via MSN to Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
It's rather amazing how everything seems to weave together in the world of Ojamajo Doremi. In the Motto Ojamajo Doremi movie, we see Aiko's reluctance to go into the water by the river. And then in Ojamajo Doremi Naisho, we even get a story about her trying to practice swimming even though she's not good at it! Very consistent characterization (for a 200+ episode series).
Yup, I totally agree on this. There is not many anime that shows the full name, background of the main characters.

See, we all know (first season)
Harukaze family
Fujiwara family
Senoo family

Even famous cartoon like doraemon doesn't list their main character's bio as consistent and detail like Ojamajo series.

I want the sharp series for BT, anyone know where to get the Jap version or Chinese version of it? I have the full version of Ojamajo Doremi Season 1 in chinese, cost me a bomb to purchase it.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Soon; 2006-01-31 at 14:12. Reason: Added spoiler
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 21:38   Link #42
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Oh ho ho. I can see a little problem with a lack of a

Spoiler for ep 20:
durrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 22:23   Link #43
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

The Ojamajo Doremi project is revived! But 4kids only aired up to 26... strange...

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 00:26   Link #44
SpiderBraids

The return of Doremi (Seriously!)

I found on The Anime Connection (Doremi Fansubs' forums) that 4K has resumed, after over a year of hiatus, dubbing Doremi.

And they're getting rid of Oyajide.

And you have to watch it online.

Details.

Apparently, 4K is resuming at #29 with the fair, and they get around the whole "Japanese culture up the wazoo in this ep" problem by making it a Japanese-themed county fair. Somehow, this is so totally un-4K.
SpiderBraids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 15:58   Link #45
FireChick

Watch it online? Where? On YouTube?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 07:25   Link #46
SpiderBraids

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Watch it online? Where? On YouTube?
At 4Kids' own website. And they've set it up so that you can only watch it (imitates Bandit Keith) in America.

ETA:

4K have added "You Ought to Not be in Pictures" this week. Judging from the partial synopsis displayed at the player, it seems to be 1x27, which is also Oyajide's debut.

So, maybe not so Oyajide-less after all? (I don't live IN AMERICA! so I can't verify that this is the case...)

Last edited by SpiderBraids; 2007-11-21 at 02:32.
Old 2007-11-21, 16:27   Link #47
FireChick

I don't really know why but I'm gonna stop watching Ojamajo/Magical Doremi. I dunno why. I'm kinda not gonna be able to complete it and I wish they'd air it on TV again. For some reason I'm scared to watch full episodes on sites like 4Kids and Jetix. Sorry. I feel weird.
Old 2007-11-29, 23:38   Link #48
SpiderBraids

This past Tuesday, 4K put up ep 28 at their site. It's called "Love Serving Love".

And Oyajiide is indeed in the 4K dub, as Feredagio.
Old 2007-12-05, 07:30   Link #49
SpiderBraids

Episode 31 (with the present from Mongolia) is now up. Enjoy... or not.
Old 2007-12-26, 08:29   Link #50
SpiderBraids

More new episodes up...

We have the episode with the class election (1x32), and I guess the episode with Aiko dealing with her parents' divorce (1x34).

That means that next Tuesday will probably be Onpu's debut. Interesting.
Old 2008-01-02, 23:18   Link #51
SpiderBraids

Onpu's debut

Onpu finally makes her debut in the 4K dub, and you can watch it at 4K's video page. All thoughts are welcome.
Old 2008-01-12, 00:29   Link #52
SpiderBraids

Hmm, not even Onpu's dub arrival could stimulate discussion in this thread. Hmm... Anyways, there's a new episode up with the 4th level exam at 4K's site. I'll come back later to post a few comparison pics between the original and dub versions.
Old 2008-01-12, 02:10   Link #53
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Onpu's voice isn't bad, the worst is still Aiko's dubbed voice. Seki-sensei is voiced surprisingly well though, sad they had to take out the music.

All in all, it's a 4kids job all right.

Old 2008-01-12, 22:57   Link #54
SpiderBraids

Two things I kinda guessed:
1. that they'd take the first break after Doremi slumps on to her table
2. that they'd leave out the Oyajiide/Pop scene, since he spells out "Onpu" with his body.

Never would have expected that they changed Onpu's mom into some random woman who even says, "I wonder who her mother is." I was half-expecting her to say, "Oh, that's right. Me!" (That's going to be a problem when they get to the final episode of the season at the very least.)

A witch named Gardenia: That's Bloom's hometown in Winx Club, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart View Post
Onpu's voice isn't bad, the worst is still Aiko's dubbed voice. Seki-sensei is voiced surprisingly well though, sad they had to take out the music.

All in all, it's a 4kids job all right.
Dub Aiko has a seriously scratchy voice. And they made her a country girl. Meanwhile, they cut out the music, but they left the sound effects in. Hmm...

AND they left in the dagger, even though they changed Reika's act from Juliet to Scarlet O'Hara.

Anyhow, pix. Reika / Josie's autographed photo:

Onpu / Ellie's sigs:

Click here (pic screws up the margins)

(When Ellie's writing her name the 2nd time, we see her last name already written while she's writing her first name. So I guess she can write her name backwards? ;-) )

Huge banner at the audition:

De-texted whiteboard:

Sign on the door:

Bathroom sign gets good grammar'd:

Magazine:

(An earlier scene with a close up of the mag was removed)

So, the usual de-texting (and replacing) is going on here. But 4K went a bit further on a few edits.

Outside the building:

Judges:

Doremi runs back to the stage with her "Technicolor dreamcoat" (they're just not trying anymore with the localization, are they?) past a sign for the audition and a fire extinguisher:

(Looks like the erasing nicked a bit of Doremi's shoe there, too)

(Shading totally doesn't even fit)

And I also should note that each time she runs past an erased sign, the erase runs over the black edges of the picture. Hmm...

As you see, 4K didn't just de-text the signs, they removed the signs themselves. What's up with that?

Last edited by SpiderBraids; 2008-01-12 at 23:00. Reason: Change BIG margin-screwing pic to link
Old 2008-01-13, 02:48   Link #55
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

That's "Americanization" for you. Luckily, most companies have refrained from doing such things (with exceptions such as 4kids though).

Old 2008-02-19, 14:57   Link #56
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I can't even watch the dubs on 4kids lame site i think only USA can even watch it. Pretty freaking lame since people in Canada get Fox too 0_o
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 17:11   Link #57
FireChick

I did watch this show with 4Kids dub, but then I suddenly stopped when it got taken off of TV. The character songs are good though! I wonder where all the character CDs are...?
Old 2009-09-13, 07:42   Link #58
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Ah some random fansubber did a random fansub on episode 40 for Dokkan. I remember watching this episode when I was younger in chinese dub, I couldn't understand the subtle meaning under this episode.

This is the reason why I love tihs show so much. Some episodes are just golden. I really wish Toei makes another mahou shoujo just like this one. Look at the backgrounds compare it to current Pretty Cure Fresh.
Old 2018-08-13, 16:47   Link #59
petran79
out of touch with anime

Did a Doremi marathon, watching all 216 episodes in 2 weeks. Fansubbed version.

I do not think there exists any other series with so much character development, both for main and side characters. 50 characters get at least 1 episode devoted to them. Can not remember any other series that does this to such an extent. What is more important is that they are not forgotten but continue appearing and interacting with the main characters till the end, as they grow older. Comparatively speaking this is the definite series that deserves a 10 in character development.

One reason series was so underrated was that it very difficult to make a proper localisation outside Japan without sacrifices. The thing that made the series stand out was the continuity. Each and every episode and character were connected from start to finish. Not all seasons were broadcast abroad and even if they did, it was not possible to make the connection to the Japanese school year and seasons for 4 straight years.

Also I am not sure whether some tense moments were edited in later seasons, eg the episode with Kayoko or about Ai's father, that also included domestic violence. They were very tense for a dubbed kids series.

To me this remains the best and most epic magical girl anime I've watched. Since I am more interested in characters and not battles, imo it surpasses Sailor Moon and even Madoka and all maho shojo.

Perhaps if series like Heartcatch Precure had multiple seasons where the characters grow instead of a single one, they could have reached the level of Doremi. Though both have animals that poop magic spheres.

Having watched this, I'll take a break anime for quite a while, till 2019
petran79 is offline   Reply With Quote