AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-06-15, 10:15   Link #21
S3wvc

Also found this, though not of the topic, just i cant find enough thing to write to start a thread
https://larvyde.wordpress.com/takarakuji/
S3wvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 16:24   Link #22
makarich

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
Spoiler for 6/24:

cover is good as always! haven't read this though
Thanks for the picture! Yes, the art is seriously good. I wish they had the same illustrator for Yomigaeri no Maou
Anyway, this series is still my number one. I get bored in the middle of others novels, but not this one. Oh, and Asuta got abducted in latest chapters. Sudden spoiler, muahaha!
makarich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 05:44   Link #23
Poligrafowicz

So, I started reading this, but I'm only halfway through the second chapter (the chapters are fairly long). I must say this is very interesting.

In some ways this reminds me of Risou no Himo Seikatsu and Seiun o Kakeru, but this is different from the other two. The thing those 3 series have in common is lack of cheat abilities, not being a fighting series (at least the MC is a non-combatant). If the MC wants to achieve something he only has his 2 hands and his head to count on (and in Risou no Himo Seikatsu, there is little he actually has to do anyway).

Here is my attempt at a summary what went on so far:
Spoiler for prologue and ch1 summary:

What I got out from all this is that the lead girl is a tsundere of a kind. She has short temper and ends up doing the opposite of what she is saying, but she feels different from other tsundere. It's like she acts on impulse and means what she says, but she changes her mind just as easily.

There seems to be nice chemistry between the two even though it's far to early to call their relationship romantic. It's more like, she is interested in him a little because he is completely out of place and that's why she is helping him. On the other hand, the MC is very grateful (though he does find her attractive) and wants to cook her something that actually tastes good. In short, both have personalities and it's interesting to watch them interact.

So far there was little to no fanservice (which I'm perfectly fine with), though there is one thing I'm a little worried about:
Spoiler for minor spoiler:

Edit: Finished reading chapter 2
Spoiler for minor spoilers:

Last edited by Poligrafowicz; 2015-06-28 at 11:34.
Poligrafowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 02:21   Link #24
Poligrafowicz

New LN volume is to come out in september (the cover image is still unknown though).

I finished reading the WN equivalent of volume 1 and I must say the pace is slow. The first volume barely covers 6 days.

The female lead is a blend of kuudere and tsundere, but lately she has been more dere.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Poligrafowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-29, 05:06   Link #25
laclongquan

http://rebirthonlineworld.com/ryouridou/

They have translated up to chapter 3. @makarich please amend your original post~
laclongquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-29, 06:41   Link #26
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'

Nope, no harem!!!!
This one is awesome, since NO HAREM!!

Quote:
Harem? I guess it does have harem, if I can call it that. Just a few girls, intrigued by a guy, who can make tasty food. Where else you can find (SPOILER) a girl supposedly from his harem getting marriage proposal from another guy, more than that, its a very touching moment?!
BECAUSE SHE WASN'T IN HIS HAREM! SHEESH!! the girl not only gets proposed to, she marries the dude in v3 of the novel. Where Aifa and Asuta starts to subtly wonder about their future too...duh...

P.S _. I should mention that for the LN I have read ONLY v3 last chapter. ..................well still...NO HAREM IS NO HAREM!!!

P.S.S -> Yup I just asked one of my friends on nico, he said this one isn't harem (at least till the chapter he read...he reads wn btw)..
damn confused...I was SURE AS HELL this wasn't a harem..
And I usually do intense spoiler free research before I add a wn to my read list.............

LIKE INTENSE AS HELL!!!

Damn harem ninjas always sneaking into a good wn after I read a lot of it. But usually I am not wrong.

Btw, don't read at rebirthonline, those guys are google translate fanatics

Last edited by TheCatWalk; 2015-12-29 at 07:00.
TheCatWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-29, 09:08   Link #27
laclongquan

You know the saying beggars cant be choosers?

I solicited two different Translators with ability to do this series and they both have no time to do it. The rebirthonlineworld guys can do it with my wholehearted support.

If later on some translators want to do it properly, well... that's LATER. One bird in hand is better than two in the bush and all that~
Old 2015-12-29, 09:12   Link #28
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by laclongquan View Post
You know the saying beggars cant be choosers?

I solicited two different Translators with ability to do this series and they both have no time to do it. The rebirthonlineworld guys can do it with my wholehearted support.

If later on some translators want to do it properly, well... that's LATER. One bird in hand is better than two in the bush and all that~
Trust me, no one is gonna do it anytime soon as long as the mtl (not properly edited at all) still exist for it.
Well I won't mind too much as long as they ATLEAST EDIT IT PROPERLY,
no sense of english grammar what so ever.
At this point just tell them to translate it to Lithuanian or something. No one gives a shit about Lithuanian grammar.
TheCatWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-30, 00:49   Link #29
laclongquan

Hell, Blastron pick up Kumo LN while Turbo still doing the WN of it.

Mushouku Tensei got done already, but another group is slowly translate the LN of it.

After many long years of wouldbe translators and anti-reader complain of Japan Stronk message in Gate, we finally have a translator doing it. Not the nanodesu group who poll a selection of target series, which show how humongous interest there is in Gate.

It's a matter of interest, in showing how much interest in a series, and finding potential willing workers.

If we leave it entirely to snobs who sneer at the willings or anti-readers we would never have translation.

Note: anti-readers is the type who never read a kind of novels but very willing to look down on it. A translator I know is an exact example of that: he's a romance (broadly defined) readers, and he translate only romance (broadly defined) tittles. He can not name a favourite action SF/Fantasy to save his life but he's unwilling to admit that they are not his type. Very unwilling. God know why. It's not as if I judge a guy by the type of books he read. But maybe he does. And when we discussing Gate he blast on all the genre-specific tropes that used in Gate. What would happen if I had blasted on all the romance-genre-specific tropes that used in his favourite novels? I kept my peace because frankly, I know it's useless unless he realize his own blind spot.

Anti-reader is worse than other kinds because they dont like a type of book, but unwilling to admit that they dont like that type of book, and nitpick to find reason to explain why they dont like each tittle in that type of book.
Old 2016-01-03, 04:47   Link #30
niknasr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatWalk View Post
Nope, no harem!!!!
This one is awesome, since NO HAREM!!

BECAUSE SHE WASN'T IN HIS HAREM! SHEESH!! the girl not only gets proposed to, she marries the dude in v3 of the novel. Where Aifa and Asuta starts to subtly wonder about their future too...duh...

P.S _. I should mention that for the LN I have read ONLY v3 last chapter. ..................well still...NO HAREM IS NO HAREM!!!

P.S.S -> Yup I just asked one of my friends on nico, he said this one isn't harem (at least till the chapter he read...he reads wn btw)..
damn confused...I was SURE AS HELL this wasn't a harem..
And I usually do intense spoiler free research before I add a wn to my read list.............

LIKE INTENSE AS HELL!!!

Damn harem ninjas always sneaking into a good wn after I read a lot of it. But usually I am not wrong.

Btw, don't read at rebirthonline, those guys are google translate fanatics
I thought they used LN raw? (Quote from them in Rebirth Online: Here is the last part of Chapter 1 xD finally 1/6 of volume 1 is done. 71 of 335 pages. Still long journey ahead >.<. Now I know translating LN is far heavier than WN.) and usually LN raw is a lot more difficult to mtl than WN because of reasons.. Don't know, maybe they were indeed using mtl but I didn't think some other people would mind it too much, I think someone who will mind about it only limited to some people who have some degree of proficiency in Japanese with some Kanji's knowledge mix in it only..

I'm quite rage too when someone badmouthing my favourite LN just because they only watch the anime ver of it, this is my honest thought and can be used as comparison with the above statement..
niknasr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-08, 22:34   Link #31
joako210293
goomoonryong666

it seems that this one is the new project of skythewood, i kinda like this novel, its not the usual isekai with OP protagonist who have an harem and do as he like
joako210293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 01:25   Link #32
soularc55
7th dimensional king

Quote:
Originally Posted by joako210293 View Post
it seems that this one is the new project of skythewood, i kinda like this novel, its not the usual isekai with OP protagonist who have an harem and do as he like
And unlike other cooking isekai, this one has variety (not just NIPPON FOOD WANKING like nobu), focuses on the world and cultural aspects (much more unique with the aspect of hunters-and-gatherers). The nitpicking aspect here I have to touch has to do with Asuta suddenly sent with barely much explanation (did he die and just get sent) (even nobu has this problem but was conveyed much worse) or how the world ironically has no language barrier. I would say alot of things with alot of waifus here but what are you gonna do? Overall, I like it for what it is for having far-better and unique worldbuilding aspects compared to the typical-medieval-fantasy isekai that alot of them seem to have for some reason.
Old 2017-07-09, 01:28   Link #33
soularc55
7th dimensional king

And thank god our main heroine isn't a tsundere just CAUSE, her anger is justified most of the time (biting).
Old 2017-10-05, 00:19   Link #34
soularc55
7th dimensional king

Manga. Took a while to get here
Old 2017-10-05, 09:50   Link #35
Tenzen12

Oh it's "Cooking with wild game" lol. SkytheWood translated at least one whole volume.

I really love this novel. Whole this low to no magic settings, vanilla romance (with some very light harem teasing) and realistic cooking combination make it really nice to read.
Old 2017-12-31, 02:15   Link #36
matt619

I know this isn't light novel forum

but can someone give me the LN illustration after volume 3? because i can't find any

Last edited by matt619; 2017-12-31 at 02:28.
matt619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-06, 05:50   Link #37
zesty2

Caught up to Sky's translations. Really like this series. Has anyone been following the web novel raw? Curious to know where this series goes.

Spoiler for ?:
zesty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-06, 06:23   Link #38
Rinvelt
駄目人間

I once looked pretty far ahead, and in a nutshell:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-06, 09:14   Link #39
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Does the plot explain/hint on why Asuta got isekai'd in the 1st place?
ie. magic portal, isekai god, afterlife world, etc...
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-06, 12:20   Link #40
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
That brings another question, which was always in air regarding their relationship and lifestyle

Spoiler for soo...:

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2018-03-06 at 12:43.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
another world, cooking, economy, male protagonist