AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2018-12-10, 13:10   Link #3481
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^You need to keep in mind that if Eren asks them to, they'll literally go to hell and back for him without question. That's what he's trying to avoid here. It's clear as day to anyone who's reading this manga that Eren's going for the martyr route and trying to secure a peaceful future for those he's leaving behind.

It's definitely cliche af, but that's not inherently a bad thing. We know what his intentions are because we've seen this many times over in other stories, but it doesn't take away from what Isayama's trying to convey here with Eren.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 19:35   Link #3482
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
And? Eren said, that the Ackermans are meant to protect the King. Neither Eren, nor Zeke are the king. Zeke is of royal descent, but not the king, so there is no problem in fighting against him.
He also explained, that Mikasa only achieved the power, because she basically tricked herself into thinking of Eren this way, like some sort of self-hypnosis.
Then that means that she decided to regard Eren as her King. It wasn't her Ackerman blood that inevitably led her to do so, she chose him.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-12, 15:56   Link #3483
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's heart breaking, what's happening with Eren, Mikasa and Armin. None of them can really trust their own thoughts. Not even Eren, despite what he thinks. And it's especially bad for Mikasa. What has her life been up to this point? What will it be going forward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Then that means that she decided to regard Eren as her King. It wasn't her Ackerman blood that inevitably led her to do so, she chose him.
For what her choice was worth - having been done subconsciously, with no knowledge of what it entailed or even that it was being made, and in extreme circumstances - you are right. But Eren's point is, a free woman would have had no need for a master in the first place. A free woman could, at any later point, decide he wasn't worth that much devotion. A free woman could have punched him in the face instead of subduing the guy trying to do it.

My problem with what Eren said about Ackermans is that Levi and his uncle were warriors before meeting their masters. Did they even have those? It's possible Erwin and the old king were that for them, but it's also possible they weren't.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2018-12-24 at 13:56.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-12, 19:46   Link #3484
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
My problem with what Eren said about Ackermans is that Levi and his uncle were warriors before meeting their masters. Did they even have those? It's possible Erwin and the old king were that for them, but it's also possible they weren't.
Levi eventually chose to let Erwin die, so I doubt he was his king. It would be interesting to go back and check if he had a headache when he made that decision though.
Old 2018-12-12, 22:53   Link #3485
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

What if Levi's king is himself? Not that he did it consciously, but supposing he unlocked his Ackerman abilities on a subconscious level?

It sounds like a stretch, but hear me out: Hypothetically speaking, considering that he grew up in the slums and surviving there was literally an everyday battle. It could be possible that his drive to survive (i.e. self-preservation) lead to him somehow unlocking his Ackerman abilities without him actually needing to serve the king or a perceived master.

Either that or if we consider "No Regrets" as canon, then we can speculate that he unlocked it during the time he spent with Isabel and Furlan. (i.e. It would be a similar situation to how Mikasa unlocked her abilities because of Eren)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2018-12-13 at 01:07. Reason: Derp.
Old 2018-12-13, 00:49   Link #3486
The Small One

Do we have any proof, that Levi already unlocked his Ackermann powers? Maybe he simply has more than average fighting capabilities and may become even better unlocking them.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-13, 01:12   Link #3487
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Unlikely. If that were the case, it wouldn't make any that an awakened Mikasa is equal to or arguably weaker than him. By all means, she's supposed to be stronger than him.

I can't remember which chapter it was, but Levi asked Mikasa something along the lines of "was there ever a moment where you felt a surge of power in your body" (to which she confirmed) and he then proceeded to tell her that it's supposedly common in the Ackerman family. That implies that he was also aware of the Ackerman family's abilities to some extent and it goes without saying, that it'd also further imply that he had a similar experience.

EDIT: Found IT. You'll see it in the episode summary. I'm too lazy to skim through the five chapters that are adapted for the episode, so that's why I just linked the episode summary itself.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2018-12-13 at 01:31.
Old 2018-12-15, 06:20   Link #3488
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Attack On Titan Chapter 112 (A lot of Chess Pieces!)
Eren is turning out real nice. Zeke is quiet the ,schemer if not manipulator, puncher, and counter puncher. I have respect for him. Zeke is truly a chess player which even Marley should be careful. Zeke will have to pull out all the stops to try and eat Eren. Eren has 3 powers and he has a lot of memories which lead to a lot of solutions and wisdom. The fact that Armin and his titan is unknown to Zeke is a big factor. Zeke also needs to know who has the female titan. If and when the remaining Warriors get to paradise Island I wonder how Zeke will earn their trust(they know of Zeke's betrayal)? Will the Remaining Warriors flip. Will Annie flip? I wonder if Armin going to die? He is going to have to be careful Galliard's Jaw Titan is a good counter to the colossal titan. What role does Yelena, Onyankopon, and the Anti Marleyan Volunteers have now that the cover is blown? Yelena is one person I don't trust. Does Kiyomi Azumbito(the ambassador) have an army waiting to start problems. She seems to have made a deal with Zeke. Maybe help Zeke achieve his goal and she gets Paradise Island's resource. I feel the ambassador is a clueless pawn in Zeke's goals she will most likely die. I wonder if Flouch is playing or series about all of this? I feel he is series but who knows. So much lying and deceit going on who's story is real anymore? The Generals were planning to turn on Eren and manipulating the queen(Historia) so I guess them drinking the wine wasn't so bad after all.(I did notice in chapter 108 Niles Dawk the commander didn't drink the wine, I don't think general Pyxis did either). The big question is what does Paradise Island have for a counter punch?

Ultimately Zeke vs. Eren will come head to head and Zeke will lose. My money is on Eren getting Zeke's power but the receivers for Zeke's power just became huge with the fact that Zeke put the spinal fluid in a lot of the wine. When Zeke dies I hope the author will reveal why he betrayed Grisha and Dina his parents. Has for Chapter 112 and some of the recent previous chapter were all just zingers and emotional rides for the reader.

On the side note I would like to say this Sasha's family is finally getting a glimpse into Sasha's world and what she fought for.

Winner take all!
This is just my opinion but I think the scout regiment planned this. The reason I believe this is look who has been in charge or managing affairs. General Pyxis, Hang, Levi, Eren, and Dhalis Zackery(supposedly deceased). These guys are the survivors of the post time skip. Whats also interesting is they chose to side with Zeke. How did they come to this conclusion? It had to be from Eren's memory and i feel like this may possibly be his idea and Zeke walked into a trap. Looking at Zeke and Scout Regiment goals they pretty much align. That is gain access to the founding titan. The person who does has bargaining power, both Zeke and Scout Regiment know this. Zeke and Scout Regiment have been planning for the inevitable clash since the ending of Chapter 90 when Eren and the remaining scout regiment reached the ocean. Both Zeke and Scout Regiment took the same gamble knowing one would betray the other.

The Talk
Has for the discussion with Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. Small bits of facts but a bunch of deceit and lies and no real truth. Even the Ackerman facts are scewed. Opinion wise Mikasa chose her loyalty and I think any Ackerman can do that. Also Eren and Armin have not revealed the facts about colossal titan and the female titan which means that maybe be a ace up the sleeve. You guys have to remember the scout regiment operates in this kind of environment all the time. Good example is Erwin Smith(Ex Scout Regiment Commander). To take control from the power that be, he had to do a coup on his government. A lot of casualties on all sides but in the end Paradise Island gained new found freedom and understanding of the world around them.

Friends, Family, Loyalty, Truth and Resolve
How did Erwin get there with all the betrayals, killing, backstabbing, and anything else a violent world can throw at him? He surrounded himself with friends and family. The scout regiment was his family and his support. Were there problems and traitors in the scout regiment? Yes but he had his circle of trusted people like Hang, Levi, and most of the Rank in file in the Regiment. He relied on them to help bring his dream alive. Chapter 112 is nothing new because the scout regiment has been through it all. If they are to survive this event they must remain loyal to each other regardless how it ends. That means Armin, Historia, Mikasa, Eren, Hang, Levi, Jean, Conny, and any who will follow in the future(I think Gabi, Falco, and possibly Annie will join). They must keep their backs to each other and remain loyal to one another regardless of what each individual does for right or wrong reasons. If that circle gets smaller the so be it. They need to stand firm and fight it out together regardless of the consequences. I am curious to see what Eren will do when he has the power. In chapter 90 he touched Historia and saw Frieda Reiss. She said some disturbing things. How many times has he come in to contact with Historia since then in order to unlock more memories like those?

Roll with the Punches
The way scout regiment has always operated by taking the punches and learning what the enemy can do and adapt and then counter punch when the opportune time is right. Good example is Chapter 74 Mission's conditions victory when Erwin and the 100 faced off with Marley's Warriors. That was and end result of all the suffering and pain from all the previous chapters beginning with chapter one. Zeke made the first move now it will be up to the scout regiment and how they respond.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2018-12-17 at 07:48. Reason: Collect my thoughts
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-17, 08:03   Link #3489
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
For what her choice was worth - having been done subconsciously, with no knowledge of what it entailed or even that it was being made, and in extreme circumstances - you are right.
Minus the extreme circumstances all you have said so far is true for love as well.

By Eren's logic even a mother sacrificing herself to save her children is just a slave of a natural mechanism of self preservation of the species.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 11:54   Link #3490
TURI123456

about this chapter I pretty sure Eren told to Mikasa and Armin only half-truths (and lies of course) but at the same time I think he really believes to what he says to Mikasa (not the part of he hates her) the part of she on his side only because of her Ackerman traits and not because of her free will if that true or not we will need to wait and see (but if the manga lost girls is coan it could be of Eren wrong).

about Armin to all who says he was going to visit Anne even without Berthodlt memory, you need to remember this tow are never was so close one to another and if we believe to Eren Armin starts to visit her only after he eats Berthodlt.

I may eat gravel because of this opinion but I still write it.

I don't think Mikasa is so much overprotecting Eren because of Eren personality we need to remember Eren (the one in the starts of the story) is not someone who stops to think before he starts fights (I mean he tried to attack a man when he was only ten years old) plus we need to remember Mikasa already thought she lose him once so we have an explanation to her behavior.

this chapter as reminded me something of I was thought about it to Ymir was three girls so what if the Ackerman family are the same as the Fritz family a direct bloodline of Ymir if that true I wonder what happens to the last girl of Ymir.

by the way, I see a hypothesis of say of all the three girls gets a titan power after Ymir death (if Ymir was her real name) if that true it could be of Ymir was get and killed.

Quote:
It's heart breaking, what's happening with Eren, Mikasa and Armin. None of them can really trust their own thoughts. Not even Eren, despite what he thinks. And it's especially bad for Mikasa. What has her life been up to this point? What will it be going forward?

For what her choice was worth - having been done subconsciously, with no knowledge of what it entailed or even that it was being made, and in extreme circumstances - you are right. But Eren's point is, a free woman would have had no need for a master in the first place. A free woman could, at any later point, decided he wasn't worth that much devotion. A free woman could have punched him in the face instead of subduing the guy trying to do it.

plus she was in a situation of life or death and she was only at nine years old in an age when she "chose him as her king"...

about Eren and Mikasa we need to remember something until now Eren never try to exploit Mikasa actually until the timeskip Eren never try intentionally hurt Mikasa feeling he maybe disagree with her but he doesn't try to hurt her so it isn't the case of the abusive husband like it implicit from the comments here.

P.S someone pls can tell me if that comment was understandable to reading?
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 13:55   Link #3491
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Minus the extreme circumstances all you have said so far is true for love as well.
But you can fall out of love. Or choose to betray your lover, for one reason or another.

Quote:
By Eren's logic even a mother sacrificing herself to save her children is just a slave of a natural mechanism of self preservation of the species.
Even a mother doesn't have memories she never made. Titan shifters do. That's why I said they can't trust their own thoughts, trust that they are, in fact, their own thoughts. And that goes for Mikasa too, even if she doesn't have extra memories.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 15:26   Link #3492
TURI123456

Quote:
But you can fall out of love. Or choose to betray your lover, for one reason or another.

Even a mother doesn't have memories she never made. Titan shifters do. That's why I said they can't trust their own thoughts, trust that they are, in fact, their own thoughts. And that goes for Mikasa too, even if she doesn't have extra memories.

but she allowed Armin "die" which means betrayal Eren will.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 04:42   Link #3493
Ka-el

113 SPOILER
Spoiler:
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 07:59   Link #3494
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
113 SPOILER
Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2018-12-29, 09:32   Link #3495
grecefar

that's karma for zeke lol.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 06:59   Link #3496
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2019-01-04, 07:21   Link #3497
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Spoiler for Chapter 113:
Old 2019-01-04, 11:49   Link #3498
Wandering Soul

First Grisha fills his head with that stuff about being special and goes on to marry the woman he loves. Then after training him and trying to keep him out the military, Eren allows his men to beat him to an inch of his life. Keith really did his spend his shitty life being screwed over by the Yeager men.
Old 2019-01-04, 12:02   Link #3499
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We got confirmation that Zeke isn't manipulating Eren. He believes Eren shares the same vision as his, whatever that is. I'm thinking he wants to destroy the whole world except Eldia.

He underestimated Levi once again, both mentally and physically. He should have known better after what happened in Shinganshina. This chapter really made Zeke look like a scrub.

I felt bad for Keith, but the way the scene was framed made it pretty funny. He bragged that it didn't matter how many of them came at him, and then he's half dead on the floor two panels later
Isayama really wants us to hate Floch. I think he's overdoing it a bit at this point.
Old 2019-01-04, 12:39   Link #3500
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 113:
Levi stole the whole badass amount the moment he faced Annie, then the one who thought Mikasa was OP had the world turned upside-down.XD anyway Levi was already the monster who scares the monsters with his blades, if you give him even thunder spear it’s over.XD