Old 2013-07-01, 01:24   Link #4042
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaxelazul View Post
is there any spolier of the bonus novel¿¿¿
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
...it's about chuunibyou Tamaki visits Kirino to watch a Meruru Remake 10 years after the end of the story (remember that Tamaki is a Meruru fan in present-day). Future Tamaki apparently looks just like Kuroneko does present-day. Kirino is apparently so beautiful for her age that chuuni-Tamaki considers her a modern-day witch. () Hinata also goes to see Kirino to ask for "life counselling" about her little sister. None of the other characters appear.
(I think this is probably the fourth re-post. )
Old 2013-07-01, 05:00   Link #4043
theaxelazul

ok, first sorry for make you re-post the spoiler for fourth time, and second, REALLY¿¿¡¡ none of the other characters appear¿¿ so basically is not clear whether kirino and kyouske are dating or are normal siblings, just suck more
theaxelazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 05:55   Link #4044
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaxelazul View Post
ok, first sorry for make you re-post the spoiler for fourth time, and second, REALLY¿¿¡¡ none of the other characters appear¿¿ so basically is not clear whether kirino and kyouske are dating or are normal siblings, just suck more
It's that kind of ending. It's up to you to decide: 'what happens next?'. You also must consider that Kirino is just 15 years old and Kyousuke 18 years old. Think about it. It's not easy for them to be lovers or run away together. Right now, they can't do this if they want to be together in the future. Think about the famliy issue (they can be separated ), society, school and future jobs. This story tells you about what happend between Kirino and kyouse, starting from the age 14 and 17 until the age of 15 and 18. This story doesn't say anything about the future. Everything is possible in the future (romance, normal siblings etc.)

But, there are different opinions on how to interpret the ending.
You can search for some good explanations made by SigUp, relentlessflame and others in this thread. I hope this clarifies things.

Start reading from page 184.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2013-07-02 at 14:58. Reason: Spelling
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 15:52   Link #4045
KronosPlasma

Okay looking back on the final fight with Manami. Something starts to bother me
about it and that is why have. nothing come of it there relationship isn't brought to light and the siblings stay "together". The only thing the happens is they lose one friend. The couple walk off in to the sunset happy as can be. It's even more pointless when the author says he wonted to give Kirino a happy ending. The fight then is just one last way of getting more hate shifted to Manami. She doesn't need to be there in the end. Kyousuke and Kirino know how hard things will be for them and have the "break up" already planed. Knowing all of this just seems like a cheap way of dragging Manami though the mud one last time. I'm not really trying to defended her it's just this feels pointless looking at it again and knowing what the author said. The world was in Kirino favor from the begging sure some people still don't like her, but in the book everything and person practically bend over backwards for her. Dose anyone else see this or am I just grabbing a nothing?
KronosPlasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 15:56   Link #4046
protheus
short series addict

Manami was the cause for everything that happened in the novels...how could she not be included in the end?
Old 2013-07-01, 16:00   Link #4047
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KronosPlasma View Post
Okay looking back on the final fight with Manami. Something starts to bother me
about it and that is why have. nothing come of it there relationship isn't brought to light and the siblings stay "together". The only thing the happens is they lose one friend. The couple walk off in to the sunset happy as can be. It's even more pointless when the author says he wonted to give Kirino a happy ending. The fight then is just one last way of getting more hate shifted to Manami. She doesn't need to be there in the end. Kyousuke and Kirino know how hard things will be for them and have the "break up" already planed. Knowing all of this just seems like a cheap way of dragging Manami though the mud one last time. I'm not really trying to defended her it's just this feels pointless looking at it again and knowing what the author said. The world was in Kirino favor from the begging sure some people still don't like her, but in the book everything and person practically bend over backwards for her. Dose anyone else see this or am I just grabbing a nothing?
Kirino being Manami's friend? She is her eternal enemy. Looking back at the novels and really reading through the lines and understanding every single word is important to get to this conclusion. If you look back at it, Kirino had the hardest way, she is his sister, she cant speak and convey her feelings freely. If anything, Manami is to blame for the current situation.
Old 2013-07-01, 23:10   Link #4048
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KronosPlasma View Post
The fight then is just one last way of getting more hate shifted to Manami. She doesn't need to be there in the end. Kyousuke and Kirino know how hard things will be for them and have the "break up" already planed. Knowing all of this just seems like a cheap way of dragging Manami though the mud one last time.
I don't think the intention of the conflict is really to drag Manami through the mud; it only comes across that way if you look at it from Kirino's perspective (because Manami is Kirino's "enemy"). But it's very important to understand that Manami is absolutely not Kyousuke's enemy, nor really Kirino's true enemy in the end.

If you look at it another way, she's the only one of Kyousuke's friends who is prepared to sacrifice her own standing with him in order to (try to) protect him from potentially making a "mistake" that could very well ruin his life. If you knew that one of your best friends was about to do something that could really hurt their future, would you really just sit back and watch? She knows Kyousuke more than just about anyone. In her view, Kyousuke is the sort of risk-taker who's willing to do crazy things for others' sake -- she's known that about him since childhood. She's been trying to protect him from himself for years by encouraging him to accept his limits. And now he's back to his old habits, and it seems to her that Kirino might have put him up to it again (because, as she said before, he has always been seeking Kirino's praise/approval).

The central reason for the conflict is to remind Kyousuke (and Kirino) of the potential consequences of their choices, so they have to face it through her before something worse happens. And this is logical because Manami is the one who helped clean up the "mess" last time Kyousuke's crazy plan backfired three years ago, so he will absolutely remember the lesson he learned back then. But this is one "mess" that, beyond this conflict, she can't really save him from. The key message that Kyousuke needed to convey to her is that he did indeed learn the lesson she taught him -- that he's aware of his limits, that he still wanted to make this choice of his own accord, and that he's prepared to deal with the consequences on his own. That's why, even though they already knew they were going to give up their open relationship shortly thereafter, he still stood his ground and had to reject his best friend. In the end, this was the last and most important thing she could do for him as his "family".

In a way, it's not so dissimilar to how Kyousuke took responsibility for Kirino's eroge at the beginning of the story, and the Dad still had to punch him even though he knew full well that Kyousuke was just lying to protect Kirino -- and after that, the Dad could willingly turn a blind eye to it. What Manami does here is pretty similar -- since they haven't told their parents, she has to play the "authority figure" to make sure they know full well that what they're doing is dangerous and that they (and particularly Kyousuke) are willing to take responsibility. At the end, the punch she gives him is just like the punch Kyousuke's Dad gave him at the beginning. And then she walks away because she said what had to be said. And that was particularly hard for her given that he's also the person she loved. But, in her view, she couldn't very well say she loved Kyousuke and let him go down this dangerous path without at least putting up a fight.

Now all this isn't to say that Manami was totally pure and blameless in her intents either -- by her own admission, she's just as self-interested and jealous as any other girl, and she has been hiding a little bit of this "darker" side from Kyousuke (her love interest) just like anyone might. She probably didn't want Kyousuke to know that she was resentful of Kirino because it's a bit childish and petty. But Kyousuke doesn't judge her for this, because he recognizes that ultimately Manami's primary motivation was trying to look out for him in her own way all this time. Honestly, in that moment Kyousuke demonstrates some significant maturity. It's sort of like how a child gets frustrated with their restrictive parents growing up, but later in life comes to appreciate what they were trying to do and why. She certainly wasn't right about everything, but as even the book says: she's not the real "last boss".

All this to say, there is a lot of stuff going on just under the surface in that scene that provide important closure to all the characters and cap off some major character development for Kyousuke. And in the end, I honestly don't think people should look down on Manami as much as they do. As I said before, I don't necessarily agree with everything she did, but I don't think the books were truly making her into the enemy that people want to see her as. That's only how things look on the surface from one point of view.
Old 2013-07-01, 23:12   Link #4049
KronosPlasma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Kirino being Manami's friend? She is her eternal enemy. Looking back at the novels and really reading through the lines and understanding every single word is important to get to this conclusion. If you look back at it, Kirino had the hardest way, she is his sister, she cant speak and convey her feelings freely. If anything, Manami is to blame for the current situation.
Well she starts off as a friend the show even points it out as well. An that's before everything falls apart between the three.
I never said shes not to blame just just the way thing have been reviled at the end seems nu-needed. Like I said the author was going for a happy ending for Kirino.
To me it's like his trying to push more hate on Manami. For nothing to come of the confrontation no social backlash or parents spiting them up or telling them no.
Well I guess it's a common ending in Japaneses incest stories. It's always just one person saying it's wrong and then happy ever after ending. Yosuga No Sora and Koi Kaze come to mine.

Spoiler for Comparison to Koi Kaze:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-01 at 23:16. Reason: Using spoiler tag for comparison to to other work
Old 2013-07-02, 08:51   Link #4050
Drakkar77

Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post
Manami was the cause for everything that happened in the novels...how could she not be included in the end?
This...

I wish we could have seen a little be more of Ayase at the end too...I really like her character.

Mayid,

I really not trying to be an ass but I have to point out the misuse of their, there, and/or they're because it's a huge pet peeve of mine. ^^ ...even though there are different homonyms that nearly everyone gets wrong.

KronosPlasma,

I like your posts but some of the sentences hard to understand.

Last edited by Drakkar77; 2013-07-02 at 09:03.
Drakkar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 09:20   Link #4051
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkar77 View Post
This...

I wish we could have seen a little be more of Ayase at the end too...I really like her character.

Mayid,

I really not trying to be an ass but I have to point out the misuse of their, there, and/or they're because it's a huge pet peeve of mine. ^^ ...even though there are different homonyms that nearly everyone gets wrong.

KronosPlasma,

I like your posts but some of the sentences hard to understand.
Edit: I have edited my post. I understand what you mean. Thank you for pointing out my mistakes.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2013-07-02 at 10:54.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 09:54   Link #4052
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
All this to say, there is a lot of stuff going on just under the surface in that scene that provide important closure to all the characters and cap off some major character development for Kyousuke. And in the end, I honestly don't think people should look down on Manami as much as they do. As I said before, I don't necessarily agree with everything she did, but I don't think the books were truly making her into the enemy that people want to see her as. That's only how things look on the surface from one point of view.
I may not be that knowledgeable in the LN's, but I really don't like how Manami handles Kyousuke's problems or her concerns about him. She's not really a hands-on person when it comes to handling things, so she will come up as manipulative. There's also her "DAAAAAAME" said with a smiling face. That's not really something a normal girl would do; she should have gone for a more straight confrontation with a serious look. What she just did was pouring alcohol on Kirino's betrayed heart.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 10:10   Link #4053
Wilshere

The only thing that Kirino said back there is '' Give me back my brother''. How did it turn into an ''incest is wrong'' lecture? I mean, we don't know what did Kirino exactly say before. If someone can enlighten me please do.
Old 2013-07-02, 10:34   Link #4054
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
The only thing that Kirino said back there is '' Give me back my brother''. How did it turn into an ''incest is wrong'' lecture? I mean, we don't know what did Kirino exactly say before. If someone can enlighten me please do.
Kirino didn't engage Manami into such type of discussion. It was the other way round, Manami actively sought out that topic with Kirino.
Old 2013-07-02, 10:46   Link #4055
kaigan
Segmentation fault

i have the feeling that the anime showed us an abridged version of events. supposedly manami's brother's 'betrayal' made manami know about kiri's feelings towards kyou, right?
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 10:47   Link #4056
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Kirino didn't engage Manami into such type of discussion. It was the other way round, Manami actively sought out that topic with Kirino.
Why did Manami open a sibling love affair discussion anyway?
Old 2013-07-02, 11:05   Link #4057
Solafighter
Hige

Anything new about this 10 year after? Job keeps me rollin' and can't find time on the ground to keep up in this thread.
Old 2013-07-02, 11:13   Link #4058
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Anything new about this 10 year after? Job keeps me rollin' and can't find time on the ground to keep up in this thread.
Quote:
Apparently it's about chuunibyou Tamaki visits Kirino to watch a Meruru Remake 10 years after the end of the story (remember that Tamaki is a Meruru fan in present-day). Future Tamaki apparently looks just like Kuroneko does present-day. Kirino is apparently so beautiful for her age that chuuni-Tamaki considers her a modern-day witch. () Hinata also goes to see Kirino to ask for "life counselling" about her little sister. None of the other characters appear.

(But, if Kirino is hanging out with Ruri's sisters, then it certainly suggests that the two families are still friends.)
I think this is like the 5th time this has been posted so I am not sure if I should post it again, but here it is anyway .

Quote:
Why did Manami open a sibling love affair discussion anyway?
That kind of bugged me as well, it just seems to come out of no where. I mean as light novel readers we get where it is all coming from, but from the context of the anime the only previous hints at all (chronologically) for Manami are the one time they are hanging out at her house and Kirino gets annoyed and when Kirino screamed to give her back her brother. Both of those things don't really scream "incest".
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 11:23   Link #4059
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigan View Post
i have the feeling that the anime showed us an abridged version of events. supposedly manami's brother's 'betrayal' made manami know about kiri's feelings towards kyou, right?
I don't think Manami knew about it. Ironically, Rock asked to fight Kyousuke(back then,when he was angry that he thought Manami is being taken away) and now it's Manami and Kirino's turn to do it.

Edit: Rock also says that ''I will take this secret to the grave''. He was a sis-con back then, and Kirino's definiton of traitor is that he ''betrayed'' Manami.
Its the same with Kirino,well he grew out from it, as for Kirino she was told to bottle-up her feelings resulting in this brother complex.

Last edited by Wilshere; 2013-07-02 at 11:34.
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 17:40   Link #4060
KronosPlasma

Quote:

In a way, it's not so dissimilar to how Kyousuke took responsibility for Kirino's eroge at the beginning of the story, and the Dad still had to punch him even though he knew full well that Kyousuke was just lying to protect Kirino -- and after that, the Dad could willingly turn a blind eye to it. What Manami does here is pretty similar -- since they haven't told their parents,
Well compering it to what the dad did helps makes things clearer for me.
It still feels odd the way things go down though.

Quote:
I don't think Manami knew about it. Ironically, Rock asked to fight Kyousuke(back then,when he was angry that he thought Manami is being taken away) and now it's Manami and Kirino's turn to do it.

Edit: Rock also says that ''I will take this secret to the grave''. He was a sis-con back then, and Kirino's definiton of traitor is that he ''betrayed'' Manami.
Its the same with Kirino,well he grew out from it, as for Kirino she was told to bottle-up her feelings resulting in this brother complex.
She wasn't told to bottle it up her feelings. Simply put from what Manami said get over it. She could have talked to Kyousuke at the time. Not counting how the anime showed it. Kirino is a lot more forceful in the novel at that point. So getting him to pay attention doesn't seem to be an issue she's not all tsundere yet.

That aside were the hell is Rock in the story. For being the brother of one of the main character he's almost never brought up.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings