AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2018-01-28, 07:59   Link #1901
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillenniumTwilight View Post
Well there are only two IS that ca control ice right now - Cold Blood and Hell and Heaven. Mysterious Lady is water not ice...

But do you think we’ll get a uniform sprite of Forte via this?
Velvet Hell's [Hell and Heaven] can control ice too. And about Forte's sprite, well, it is a Gacha game, so anything goes.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 09:37   Link #1902
MillenniumTwilight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Velvet Hell's [Hell and Heaven] can control ice too. And about Forte's sprite, well, it is a Gacha game, so anything goes.
Yes. I just said that? Didn’t you see?
There are only two ice-based IS right now - Forte’s Cold Bood, and Velvet’s Hell and Heaven.

Tatenashi’s Mysterious Lady is water, not ice, and has never been shown to use ice in any of its appearances - games, books or anime.

So two IS sharing a power isn’t too bad - especially as Velvet has a huge vendetta against Forte and they were childhood friends.
MillenniumTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 20:28   Link #1903
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
That 'some reason' would be either the translators having lives that keep them busy, or simply having lost interest.
Either way, someone has to finish translating chapter 4 and epilogue of light novel vol.9. It's been years and vol.10 and vol.11 just being announced. Cecilia must take some steps to get ahead of the harem in order to win Ichika's heart. If I recall correctly, Cecilia's Blue Tears's main purpose is to attack multiple enemies at once. Let's see if Cecilia have what it takes to meet Chifuyu's standards such as to protect Ichika from any and all threats including the jealous girls and oneself without dying. Defeat her in combat. And to love him selflessly.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 21:03   Link #1904
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
Either way, someone has to finish translating chapter 4 and epilogue of light novel vol.9. It's been years and vol.10 and vol.11 just being announced. Cecilia must take some steps to get ahead of the harem in order to win Ichika's heart. If I recall correctly, Cecilia's Blue Tears's main purpose is to attack multiple enemies at once. Let's see if Cecilia have what it takes to meet Chifuyu's standards such as to protect Ichika from any and all threats including the jealous girls and oneself without dying. Defeat her in combat. And to love him selflessly.
Nah Houki will won, she is japanese and the childhood friend...
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 21:28   Link #1905
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
Nah Houki will won, she is japanese and the childhood friend...
Nah, Madoka and Chifuyu will win. They are Japanese and are siblings by birth, which means incest is wincest.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 01:04   Link #1906
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Nah, Madoka and Chifuyu will win. They are Japanese and are siblings by birth, which means incest is wincest.
We both know Madoka despises Ichika. And Chifuyu can't marry her own brother, nor to bear his child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
Nah Houki will won, she is Japanese and the childhood friend...
I believe Houki have a chance to catch up with her competition. But does she have what it takes to meet Chifuyu's standards such as to protect Ichika from any and all threats including the jealous girls and oneself without dying, defeat Chifuyu in combat, and to love Ichika unselfishly once Houki gets 1st place of the harem?
Old 2018-01-29, 05:29   Link #1907
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
No. No one has to. We aren’t entitled to a translation at all. No one gets paid to translate these novels - they’re translated by fans who give up their own free time to do so. If they don’t want to anymore, then that’s their choice. No one has any right to force them, or anyone else, to translate something they don’t have time for, or don’t want to.

We’re lucky that people have translated anything at all. The fact that Volumes 9 and 10 have been out for years - and 11 almost a year - mean nothing. We don’t have some divine right to read them. If someone wants to translate, they wil; if no one wants to, they won’t. It’s as simple as that. We’ll just have to live with the results. If no one translates it, the best thing to do, rather than complaining, would be to learn Japanese.

Quote:
Infinite Stratos would never do something that controversial. For a start, even in Japan, a proper blood-sibling being the final heroine wold land IS - and Izuru - a lot of negative press....but more than that, Chifuyu is nowhere near as popular over there as she is over here. She has her fans, sure - like Yuuki Homura - but the girls themselves are far more popular, and not even Izuru is stupid enough to piss all those fanbases off. I can see Madoka being promoted to the harem st some poin, but...
Lets face it, IS, if it ever has an ending, will have an open ending where Ichika chooses no body, and the harem shenanigains wil just continue. Like how S1 of the anime ended.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 08:50   Link #1908
blitz1/2

Quote:
We both know Madoka despises Ichika. And Chifuyu can't marry her own brother, nor to bear his child.

I believe Houki have a chance to catch up with her competition. But does she have what it takes to meet Chifuyu's standards such as to protect Ichika from any and all threats including the jealous girls and oneself without dying, defeat Chifuyu in combat, and to love Ichika unselfishly once Houki gets 1st place of the harem?

Madoka is playing hard to catch. The strategy is to do a sudden SURPRISE attack (like a sudden kiss) to crack her defenses to set the seeds in.

Houki...NOT A CHANCE, not if she has her current personality.

Well, several authors has received negative press before, all of that will give birth to a GREATER hope, a hope that will conquer any despair. No matter how big the gap or how many obstacles there are, sisters will ALWAYS win in the end.

Old 2018-01-29, 10:43   Link #1909
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Madoka is playing hard to catch. The strategy is to do a sudden SURPRISE attack (like a sudden kiss) to crack her defenses to set the seeds in.

Houki...NOT A CHANCE, not if she has her current personality.

Well, several authors has received negative press before, all of that will give birth to a GREATER hope, a hope that will conquer any despair. No matter how big the gap or how many obstacles there are, sisters will ALWAYS win in the end.
Yes, they have, but Izuru is too much of a coward. He likes the easy life.

As someone with a sister, I have to say that your fixation on it is...creepy.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.

Letting Go
Old 2018-01-29, 13:07   Link #1910
blitz1/2

Quote:
Yes, they have, but Izuru is too much of a coward. He likes the easy life.

As someone with a sister, I have to say that your fixation on it is...creepy.
You can blame Micchi for corrupting me to the wonders of imouto.

There is NO shame in being an onii-chan! For people that watched imouto sae, the main protagonist's thought process is LIKE mine to a DEFINITE fault.

And like he said, "you can't compare that 3D thing to my ideal imouto!"

It's exactly that Izuru likes the easy life and sadly, "lazy" that Infinite stratos is riddled with it's flaws when it has SO much potential.

Old 2018-01-29, 14:18   Link #1911
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
You can blame Micchi for corrupting me to the wonders of imouto.

There is NO shame in being an onii-chan! For people that watched imouto sae, the main protagonist's thought process is LIKE mine to a DEFINITE fault.

And like he said, "you can't compare that 3D thing to my ideal imouto!"

It's exactly that Izuru likes the easy life and sadly, "lazy" that Infinite stratos is riddled with it's flaws when it has SO much potential.
Onee-san, actually (not that it matters here, as I'm gay), and I see nothing wrong with incest pairings of both are willing...but there's a limit to how much I, personally, can put up with, before I start feeling a bit creeped out.

But yeah, I agree with that sentiment. Not agreeing on what potentual Izuru is squandering, IS could be AMAZING if he let it be...V10 and V11 are steps in the right direction but...it's just too late at this point. Which is a shame. Uggggghhhhhhhhh ><

Letting Go
Old 2018-01-29, 19:33   Link #1912
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
No. No one has to. We aren’t entitled to a translation at all. No one gets paid to translate these novels - they’re translated by fans who give up their own free time to do so. If they don’t want to anymore, then that’s their choice. No one has any right to force them, or anyone else, to translate something they don’t have time for, or don’t want to.

We’re lucky that people have translated anything at all. The fact that Volumes 9 and 10 have been out for years - and 11 almost a year - mean nothing. We don’t have some divine right to read them. If someone wants to translate, they wil; if no one wants to, they won’t. It’s as simple as that. We’ll just have to live with the results. If no one translates it, the best thing to do, rather than complaining, would be to learn Japanese.

Infinite Stratos would never do something that controversial. For a start, even in Japan, a proper blood-sibling being the final heroine wold land IS - and Izuru - a lot of negative press....but more than that, Chifuyu is nowhere near as popular over there as she is over here. She has her fans, sure - like Yuuki Homura - but the girls themselves are far more popular, and not even Izuru is stupid enough to piss all those fanbases off. I can see Madoka being promoted to the harem st some poin, but...
Lets face it, IS, if it ever has an ending, will have an open ending where Ichika chooses no body, and the harem shenanigains wil just continue. Like how S1 of the anime ended.
If Ichika can't date someone, or to have a girlfriend, or get married in the future, then what's the point of having romance in this series if he doesn't given a chance to experience love?
Old 2018-01-29, 19:40   Link #1913
MillenniumTwilight

Quote:
If Ichika can't date someone, or to have a girlfriend, or get married in the future, then what's the point of having romance in this series if he doesn't given a chance to experience love?
...Because the whole point of IS is 'cute girls in mecha armour' ? That's why.

Last edited by MillenniumTwilight; 2018-01-29 at 19:53.
MillenniumTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 09:30   Link #1914
blitz1/2

Quote:

Grabbing fans' attention via girl art?

Old 2018-01-30, 09:52   Link #1915
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Grabbing fans' attention via girl art?
I don't mean to be mean, but that reason sounds pathetic. If there's a reason why romance and harem are added to this series, then give Ichika a chance to experience love. Everyone deserves true love.

Speaking of sisters, has Chifuyu know the existence of Madoka Orimura yet? The reason why I asked is that she claimed Ichika as her only family. It's like if she keep Ichika in the dark about their family's secrets or something. What would Chifuyu plan to do if she meet Madoka face to face in her younger brother's presence? Could she be saying like this...

Chifuyu: "I know what you're up to and all the offense you have done, M. As far as I concerned, you're no sister of mine. Or my brother's."
Old 2018-01-30, 10:00   Link #1916
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
I don't mean to be mean, but that reason sounds pathetic. If there's a reason why romance and harem are added to this series, then give Ichika a chance to experience love. Everyone deserves true love.
the reason ''romance'' and ''harem'' were added is because it was populair in that time not because he wanted to give ichika ''love''

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 16:12   Link #1917
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
the reason ''romance'' and ''harem'' were added is because it was populair in that time not because he wanted to give ichika ''love''
Romance is a good thing. The lack of love that Ichika received from his IS harem is what I concerned the most. I feel sorry for the poor man. You have given me another reason why I like Sekirei and High School DxD better than this series.

Edit: One Question.

Has any girl of the IS harem gotten closer to Ichika yet?

Last edited by Chaos-Zero; 2018-01-30 at 20:31.
Old 2018-01-30, 22:27   Link #1918
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Romance is a good thing. The lack of love that Ichika received from his IS harem is what I concerned the most. I feel sorry for the poor man. You have given me another reason why I like Sekirei and High School DxD better than this series.

Edit: One Question.

Has any girl of the IS harem gotten closer to Ichika yet?
No, they haven't. And as has been said before, there probably won't be a big romantic conclusion either.

Infinite Stratos revolves around the girls. That's why it was made, that's what makes it money, and that's the only reason it is still going.

Ichika isn't the point of the franchise - he's just there to fill the role of the protagonist. Is this a good thing? No. But it's the truth.

Izuru isn't trying to tell an epic story about political intrigue, mecha suits and/or romance - he's trying to make money, and to that end, is writing a slapstick harem story - as was popular when it was first published.

IS isn't still going because Izuru wants to finish his masterpiece or keep some promise to his readers; IS is still going because people still throw money at the girls - that's why the new mobage was created.

Letting Go
Old 2018-01-31, 11:24   Link #1919
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
No, they haven't. And as has been said before, there probably won't be a big romantic conclusion either.

Infinite Stratos revolves around the girls. That's why it was made, that's what makes it money, and that's the only reason it is still going.

Ichika isn't the point of the franchise - he's just there to fill the role of the protagonist. Is this a good thing? No. But it's the truth.

Izuru isn't trying to tell an epic story about political intrigue, mecha suits and/or romance - he's trying to make money, and to that end, is writing a slapstick harem story - as was popular when it was first published.

IS isn't still going because Izuru wants to finish his masterpiece or keep some promise to his readers; IS is still going because people still throw money at the girls - that's why the new mobage was created.
I see. So things haven't move forward between Ichika and his IS girl(s). And I wonder why. I figure is due to people around them, causing these shenanigans. Not to mention their violent jealousy. Ever since the start of the series, Ichika haven't went out one single date because of these mischief as well as these misunderstandings. Every single time Ichika hanging out with a girl, even if it's one of them among themselves, the others are out for his blood, which will solves nothing for him. Look at this, the love progress of Infinite Stratos grows pretty slower than most of the other series including those of harem/romance. Even Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto and Yukinari Sasaki from Girls Bravo have made progress by ended up marrying Hinata and Miharu respectively. I know Izuru wants to make money and all. But does the author himself wants Ichika to be dateless and alone, huh?

Edit: I mean the word "haven't".

Last edited by Chaos-Zero; 2018-01-31 at 13:39. Reason: For making the right sentence.
Old 2018-01-31, 13:40   Link #1920
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
I know Izuru wants to make money and all. But does the author himself wants Ichika to be dateless and alone, huh?
He. Doesn't. Care.

Letting Go

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, mecha, romance, school life, sci-fi, shounen, stupid protagonist