AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-02-11, 19:41   Link #81
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
It's better to assume the information was still there at the time of the arrest than for it to have been deleted. Besides, it's not like Sergei wasn't performing his own investigation after figuring out that Allejuah was the same as Soma. He obviously wasn't satisfied with the excuse that the other Factions might be conducting their own enhanced human projects.

They know what Allejuah looks and sounds like. It's a safer bet than not.

My point is it would have been better for Soma's performance against Virtue and Kyrios to be seen as a threat to their operations. If just one Super Soldier makes one of their Meisters go crazy, and is able to comfortably out perform any of their suits, then more would be a bad thing for them.

Instead, Allejuah pulls top secret information out of his ass, non-chalantly passes it on to Sumeragi who arbitraily decides it's war incitement and grants permission for Allejuah to kill as many as he wants in order for him to become of age.
Know what he sounds like, yes. Look like, no. It was a top secret program that was well hidden. You don't just leave info like that lying around to be seen by anyone. If he didn't delete it after finding out who Allelujah was, then he'd sure as hell make sure it wouldn't be found easily since it's clear he doesn't want to give that info out. Remember that the place Allelujah blew up wasn't know by Sergei until it was destroyed.

Also VEDA recommended that mission as well as Sumeragi.
Old 2008-02-11, 20:08   Link #82
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Know what he sounds like, yes. Look like, no. It was a top secret program that was well hidden. You don't just leave info like that lying around to be seen by anyone. If he didn't delete it after finding out who Allelujah was, then he'd sure as hell make sure it wouldn't be found easily since it's clear he doesn't want to give that info out. Remember that the place Allelujah blew up wasn't know by Sergei until it was destroyed.

Also VEDA recommended that mission as well as Sumeragi.
As if Sergei wouldn't have confiscated their research material and computers after making the arrests.

But whatever. The point is they can't do anything with Allejuah's identity even if they know who is. At the time of his departure from the program, he was just a kid. They could put up wanted posters, but that simply means Allejuah can't go out in public anymore, which is something he hasn't done since the first few episodes.

And as if VEDA has any more of a right to make decisions like that.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 22:05   Link #83
allenephilim88

I wonder which criteria Veda uses to aprove missions. It would probably follow some kind of ulterior plan in which some situations must be created to achieve CBs goal, but with the appereance of the Thrones (an unknown variable for Veda) it all went to hell. Unlike the first gundam team, the Thrones team are not under itīs control so many of the missions it had were just cancelled. Could be one of the reasons why the first gundam team hasnīt been sent to any mission at all (besides, there hasnīt been any major conflicts except for all the havoc the thrones are creating).

If the Thrones are the source of conflict, shouldnīt Veda send the original meisters to face them??? In my opinion Veda doesnīt consider any attack caused by a gundam source of conflict and thatīs why it hasnīt react, or Nena did actually change something to make Veda aprove the Thrones missions. In any case, Setsuna is right to consider the Thrones source of conflict and to erradicate them. The first CB team new mission should be to destroy the Thrones, not only because they are killing innocent civilians just for fun but because they are destroying everything that the first team accomplished. The fans CB had know are probably against it.
allenephilim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 23:18   Link #84
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Don't forget, though that Veda is more or less compromised. The last several missions against military bases have been said not to be in Veda's memory banks, the Thrones seem to take their orders from someone else, AND Veda is known to be hacked.

Take Veda with a grain of salt now.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 23:27   Link #85
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Don't forget, though that Veda is more or less compromised. The last several missions against military bases have been said not to be in Veda's memory banks, the Thrones seem to take their orders from someone else, AND Veda is known to be hacked.

Take Veda with a grain of salt now.
Not that it meant much at all before.

Chris doesn't think VEDA can be hacked, and she's the resident computer whiz who hacked a first world military mainframe before breakfast. I don't really like how Sumeragi basically told her she didn't know what she was talking about, but if the show's writers only want to use her for fanservice and silly panic attacks, that's their problem.

If VEDA can be hacked, Chris should hack it herself to try to find out the culprit, or what may have been changed. That would give her some relevance to the series besides a silly girl that likes to shop.
Old 2008-02-11, 23:48   Link #86
ReddyRedWolf

Well whatever Neena is she can interface with Veda like Tieria.

That must have been a motherload of data purple Haro had.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 00:54   Link #87
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Look, I'm basing it on a quote from Ali in one of his battles with Setsuna. If that quote can be seen in any other way, than I'll drop it. I believe it was in episode 13 Menclave Subs. The quote shouldn't be hard to find. If I'm remembering it wrong or if you think the quote can be taken in a different way, just go ahead and tell me.

If not, then I stand by my belief that Ali knows exactly who Setsuna is.
That's already what i am doing, you interpret the situation one way, me in another.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 00:56   Link #88
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
That's already what i am doing, you interpret the situation one way, me in another.
What is the quote exactly than? It's not up for interpretation if it's not up for interpretation. He either generalized or specified. Which was it?
Old 2008-02-12, 04:39   Link #89
Terra

Quote:
Not that it meant much at all before.

Chris doesn't think VEDA can be hacked, and she's the resident computer whiz who hacked a first world military mainframe before breakfast. I don't really like how Sumeragi basically told her she didn't know what she was talking about, but if the show's writers only want to use her for fanservice and silly panic attacks, that's their problem.

If VEDA can be hacked, Chris should hack it herself to try to find out the culprit, or what may have been changed. That would give her some relevance to the series besides a silly girl that likes to shop.
Christina is probably completely unaware of what Teiria and Neena can do which is why she blindly believes it can't be hacked. This is a method of accessing a computer beyond anything she's experienced.
Old 2008-02-12, 05:13   Link #90
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Christina is probably completely unaware of what Teiria and Neena can do which is why she blindly believes it can't be hacked. This is a method of accessing a computer beyond anything she's experienced.
That's one assumption. Makes you wonder if they've got Tieria and VEDA, why do they even need Christina? *cough* fanservice/paniced female *cough*
Old 2008-02-12, 07:55   Link #91
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
That's one assumption. Makes you wonder if they've got Tieria and VEDA, why do they even need Christina? *cough* fanservice/paniced female *cough*
*cough*hacking into government mainframes during battles*cough*
*cough*Real-time data analysis*cough*
*cough*Foil to other characters in CB, such as Felt*cough*
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 04:41   Link #92
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
What is the quote exactly than? It's not up for interpretation if it's not up for interpretation. He either generalized or specified. Which was it?
The thing is that atm Ali never called "Setsuna" name (whichever one Ali may have know him under), he deduced that Exia pilot is a kurd so he keep calling him that "kurdish brat" but he still doesnt know his full identity.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 08:21   Link #93
Paranoia833
Mystery buff

Regardless of what precisely Ali knows about Setsuna's identity, is it really all that relevent? I mean, he knows Setsuna was one of the Kurdish kids he indoctrinated. If he's particularly sharp he may know Setsuna's real name. So what? Setsuna's old identity no longer exists outside his head and a few years of growth spurts will make finding him out of the millions of Kurdish teenagers out there nearly impossible. Since he's probably using his Gundam as his principle method of transport and probably renting his apartment uner the name Setsuna, unless his identification is subjected to close scrutiny the authorities probably wont even know he's Kurdish.

Ali's testimony on its own won't be nearly enough to locate Setsuna, even if he were inclined to give it to the Union, which for whatever reason he isn't.
Paranoia833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 03:28   Link #94
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
I only watched gundam 00... was wondering which gundam would be best to watch now.. seed, destiny, etc...
Seed is the series before Destiny, so you should watch that first.. Or the original MSG series which is probably where everyone should start...

Quote:
Coudnt the materials be from space? The CB were gathering materials from some asteroids too.
No, simply because there's plenty of carbon on Earth, nevermind they have very little space capability in OO compared to other Gundam series. Although, building an Elevator solely from the ground up is probably impossible. Connecting space to the ground would have to occur to keep it stable. To keep the point in space stable, they'd probably need to build a huge ring around the planet or a big station/colony in high orbit, which would require lots of resources, making you wonder why they'd bother building the Elevators in the first place if they could exploit space to that degree already.

Why don't they use nuclear energy in space at least? There was some incident on the ground, but a disaster in space would probably be isolated.
Old 2008-05-04, 05:52   Link #95
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Several design of space elevators have already been explored by scientists and engineers, and altough one of the first reason that made me watch 00 was that it dispayed one, I must reckon that the solar energy system is kinda weird.

YOu can get a handfull about space elevators on wikipedia, plus some alternate designs.

So far the Solar Energy System seems to be a triple tensile geostationary elevator, the upper ring is probably at geostationary orbit and at the center of mass of each pillar, the lower part being suspended (with the lower ring), and the upper part being a counterweigth. It is most likely it was built from geostationary orbit, using asteroids as material (chondritic asteroids are carbon rich, and I suppose the silicon of the rocks would prove useful in building the energy system).

The pillars being void make unlikely the system to be compressive.

Another design, requiring fewer material, is that of a "suspended" ring: a lower orbit ring is accelerated by a "static" ring from wich hang the space elevators, such a dynamic design would need fewer materials. It's a pity none of the rings from 00 seem able to accomodate such a feature.

Lastly an interesting concept which allow building from the ground and outside of the equator is that of the Space Fountain: during it's construction the tower would not be supported structurally but by the slowing of a mass stream flowing trough it. Maybe this system could be used to build the lowest part of the pillars.
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:54   Link #96
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Several design of space elevators have already been explored by scientists and engineers, and altough one of the first reason that made me watch 00 was that it dispayed one, I must reckon that the solar energy system is kinda weird.

YOu can get a handfull about space elevators on wikipedia, plus some alternate designs.

So far the Solar Energy System seems to be a triple tensile geostationary elevator, the upper ring is probably at geostationary orbit and at the center of mass of each pillar, the lower part being suspended (with the lower ring), and the upper part being a counterweigth. It is most likely it was built from geostationary orbit, using asteroids as material (chondritic asteroids are carbon rich, and I suppose the silicon of the rocks would prove useful in building the energy system).

The pillars being void make unlikely the system to be compressive.

Another design, requiring fewer material, is that of a "suspended" ring: a lower orbit ring is accelerated by a "static" ring from wich hang the space elevators, such a dynamic design would need fewer materials. It's a pity none of the rings from 00 seem able to accomodate such a feature.

Lastly an interesting concept which allow building from the ground and outside of the equator is that of the Space Fountain: during it's construction the tower would not be supported structurally but by the slowing of a mass stream flowing trough it. Maybe this system could be used to build the lowest part of the pillars.
The whole idea of solar energy in gundam 00 is stupid. Other than all the technical issues, that thing could be blown up from the bottom at any time. I mean... CB was able to get a fucking Gundam inside the train lol... and since the tower had no protection at all (such as a barrier like the gundams had) it could be easily destroyed from an external attack. Imagine it breaking at the bottom... and the whole thing falls down from space.. lol
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:57   Link #97
Wesley84

Why didn't Ali destroy the Elevators once he had his Gundam? His past behavior as a terrorist and "war instigator" was anti-Solarpower. Why not take the oppurtunity to start some real fighting and instability, while getting some personal satisfaction?
Old 2008-05-05, 08:33   Link #98
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Why didn't Ali destroy the Elevators once he had his Gundam? His past behavior as a terrorist and "war instigator" was anti-Solarpower. Why not take the oppurtunity to start some real fighting and instability, while getting some personal satisfaction?
That foreshadows an elevator drop for S2, I really wanna see that!
Old 2008-05-05, 09:06   Link #99
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
The whole idea of solar energy in gundam 00 is stupid. Other than all the technical issues, that thing could be blown up from the bottom at any time. I mean... CB was able to get a fucking Gundam inside the train lol... and since the tower had no protection at all (such as a barrier like the gundams had) it could be easily destroyed from an external attack. Imagine it breaking at the bottom... and the whole thing falls down from space.. lol
The elevators look HUGE though... The 60 ft tall Hellions look minuscule compared to them as seen in Ep 1... They must be 2,000 ft in diameter or something close to that magnitude, which would take more than a bomb to take out. Considering the fact that there are no more nukes in the 00 universe, it'll probably take a large army to do it, or at least a whole bunch of bombs planted everywhere... I doubt even Ali could be able to do that easily.
Old 2008-05-05, 09:12   Link #100
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
The elevators look HUGE though... The 60 ft tall Hellions look minuscule compared to them as seen in Ep 1... They must be 2,000 ft in diameter or something close to that magnitude, which would take more than a bomb to take out. Considering the fact that there are no more nukes in the 00 universe, it'll probably take a large army to do it, which Ali wouldn't have access to...
Their size works against them, and a Gundam has more than enough power to damage them.