AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 26 36.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 27.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-12, 20:20   Link #21
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

There was somebody saying something about that before. Something about the anime messing up how they originally used the IBN5100 in the game. I think the person said that it wasn't used to access the Jellyman reports.
Old 2011-07-12, 20:33   Link #22
Raiga
tl;dr

Man all episode I was thinking, "So far so good, Daru hasn't hit on his daughter yet, keep it up man I know you can do this" and RIGHT at the end he goes and does it. Come on, man, no subconscious spark of fatherly affection to forestall your usual perverted advances?

... as for sneaky spoilers and speculation, I dunno about other theories but as an anime-only viewer I surmised the Daru = Suzuha's father thing from the episode when Suzuha mentioned she'd be looking for her dad at an IRL meetup... on the same day Daru happens to have one as well. Come on, this is fiction; there's no way that was a coincidence.

Some good laughs this episode. I loved Mayushii's plan to find Suzuha's dad, and Kurisu falling for it and warning the others dead serious was just icing on the cake.
Old 2011-07-12, 20:45   Link #23
Qikz

Quote:
.. as for sneaky spoilers and speculation, I dunno about other theories but as an anime-only viewer I surmised the Daru = Suzuha's father thing from the episode when Suzuha mentioned she'd be looking for her dad at an IRL meetup... on the same day Daru happens to have one as well. Come on, this is fiction; there's no way that was a coincidence.
This. Either they're going to completely 180 this, but even in this episode there was another massive hint.

Daru says that the machinery in the timemachine is much like that of the Phone Microwaves, which Daru himself built. Also for him to be able to fix something which is made by future tech he's never seen means he must know something about it.

My theory is that after the Lab folded and Mayushi died, Okabe became a militant/terrorist fighting against SERN and Daru started to try and make his own time machine in secret using information he'd gained from before with the Phone Microwave. Kurisu as said in this episode joined SERN and helped develop their first time machine probably unaware of what they were doing with the human experiments as Okabe never told her.

I'm an anime only viewer and that's what I've deduced from just loving the anime to the point of wanting to pick through everything to find out more. I'm so close to just going to go play the game as I own it, but I want to finish the anime first and then get the larger backstory after.
Old 2011-07-12, 21:22   Link #24
pampz21
ShipCore

Hint should be the badge.....
Go LAB MEN!!!!

They finaly revealed their @ channel name!!!

Okabe is so cool... SUNUVABITCH!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2011-07-12, 21:36   Link #25
GuiBleh

Oh my god, loved this episode, can't wait for the next one! SONUVABITCH!
Old 2011-07-12, 22:09   Link #26
CatOfTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Seeing Daru and Suzuha together at the time machine in complete ignorance almost brought tears to my eyes. I wonder if Fayris-tan's real name is Amane?
Could be her middle name but it was revealed in episode 9 that her name is "Akiha Rumiho" so it can't be her first name (unless she was lying about her name).

Great episode! This lighthearted episode was a great way to relief some tension after all the depressive scenes in the past few episodes.

Wonder if the badge seller actually found out where that badge is used or is it SERN's trap to get Okabe (doubt it but you'll never know).
Old 2011-07-12, 22:34   Link #27
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatbob1 View Post
You're correct.

A huge amount of people that post in these episode threads already know what's going to happen and play it off as "oh hey guys I have this theory" haha.

I can imagine it be extremely annoying for those that don't want to spoil themselves, but hey what can you do .
How do you know that they already knew? You might be discrediting people who genuinely speculate what was about to happen and got it right. The thing about Daru as Suzuha's father was speculated by a lot of people who might not have played the game before.

At least, as one who have already played the game, even I don't know who else have played it in this thread.
Old 2011-07-12, 23:01   Link #28
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

People's speculations so far from what I'm seeing are quite good. So the whole ordeal with Suzuha's father being Daru could have just been someone who carefully examined the episode where she says her father didn't go to a IRL meetup. Do remember during the Madoka Magica thread that everyone had speculations that were right in future episodes that it was quite dangerous and how well they examined each episode. Then again there wasn't something to spoil them at the time so it all depends on if we can find out all those who played the game.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-07-12 at 23:27.
Old 2011-07-12, 23:43   Link #29
whatbob1
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
How do you know that they already knew? You might be discrediting people who genuinely speculate what was about to happen and got it right. The thing about Daru as Suzuha's father was speculated by a lot of people who might not have played the game before.

At least, as one who have already played the game, even I don't know who else have played it in this thread.
Well I wasn't talking about the whole Suzuha and Daru theory in particular or this episode thread in particular. But more in regards toward just in general in the AS forum (And I'm sure it happens everywhere else too for such an awesome show ).

When SG only had it's single general thread before it got it's own subforum. You could tell some people that posted already knew what was going to happen but pass it off as "hey guys i have this theory blah blah", even a Moderator complained about it a couple of times in the single general thread before SG got it's own subforum. But you're right I can't prove if a person went on wikipedia, went on the game thread for SG, googled the summaries of all the chapters, looked up some spoiler review, etc.

Though, I'm not saying that if someone posts a correct theory then that means they already knew the answer either from playing the VN or spoiling themselves with google or whatever. But for those of us that already know what's going to happen some people's post will stand out quite a bit. Not saying it might of been in this thread but in general. But regardless these type of things always happens for any show that is based off of something (manga, light novel, game, etc.)

And with that said, I apologize for de-railing the thread.
Old 2011-07-12, 23:59   Link #30
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Like everyone else the whole badge scene was pure awesomeness! I laughed so hard XD That gave it extra points.

I really like how the story is working where we see building of the characters at the same time. But a shame that they won't recall it when the time is reverted back again and again.

Also best Engrish since Air Gear swearing!
Old 2011-07-13, 00:21   Link #31
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yukarin... yea. It just makes Suzuha melts me, with her different range and tone of voices.

I also laughed at Okabe for his failed racism, serves him right to sterotype. It was a nice breather episode, there's been too much of Mayuri dying, so they need a break to group up and think of something. But those guys aren't making it easy.

And the future... crappy future indeed. Does one of the timelines lead to terminator?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-07-13, 02:23   Link #32
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
There was somebody saying something about that before. Something about the anime messing up how they originally used the IBN5100 in the game. I think the person said that it wasn't used to access the Jellyman reports.

And? If you go back to the episode when they hack to SERN you'll see that the IBN is used to decrypt most of the SERN's database, otherwise it will appear as gibberish. He was however, able to read one email in which it said already about the Human is dead. Mismatch thing and something about refer to Jellyman's Reports for more info. Then they used IBN5100 to decrypt those mails and find more info about the jellified humans. I think Kurisu knew about the human experiments from the very first mail they read without the IBN.
Old 2011-07-13, 04:29   Link #33
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
1) Why not simply NOT send the d-mail that triggered SERN's system? Would seem to be far easier. Or don't even develop the phone microwave. A simple d-mail to the past would take care of that.
They cannot "unsend" the very first D-mail because that event happened in timeline Beta, not in the current Alpha timeline (to use Suzuha's terminology). Okarin remembers sending the D-mail thanks to his Reading Steiner but it didn't actually happen in timeline Alpha.
There is also the fact that the first D-mail probably saved Kurisu's life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
2) How does Karisu know about SERN experimentation on humans? This version of Kurisu shouldn't, since there was no IBN 5100 to decode the SERN emails.
According to novel readers, this one is a blunder of the anime adaptation. In the novel the IBN 5100 wasn't required to decrypt SERN's emails.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2011-07-13, 05:56   Link #34
cherrycolaz

ogod, I loled so hard at Okabe's english attempt. Sonuvabitch.
Old 2011-07-13, 05:56   Link #35
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

^
^
Or maybe its just bad translation from CR, we're seeing lot of them throughout the series.
Old 2011-07-13, 06:27   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
What I want to know is how people were able to deduce this already from like 10 episodes. This, and other things that were theorized about seemed so ridiculous that I couldn't believe them until the show gave hints to them.. Wouldn't be surprising if there was some VN player here who '' theorized '' it by giving clever hints so that we would get spoiled <.<. (Wouldn't be the first time this has happened..)
The hints were there in episode 10, it's not our fault if you didn't pick up on them. You're being a little paranoid here.

In these type of stories, the "father" is always someone we already know anyway. There are only about 3 male characters in this series: Okabe, Mr Braun, and Daru. I thought for the longest time that it was Okabe, but as soon as Suzuha revealed her father was supposed to go to the same IRL meeting as Daru, it become obvious to me that her father was Daru instead. Not only that, but Okabe prevented Daru from going to the meeting and Suzuha's father coincidentally didn't show up to it either. It's very hard to believe this is just a coincidence, especially since coincidences are a rare occurrence in fiction.
Old 2011-07-13, 06:46   Link #37
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
It's hardly called paranoid when moderators themselves have also posted in the general discussion thread and pointed out that people should stop posting clear hints to events in VN and disguising them as '' clever theories ''. Like I said, it has happened, and S;G is not the only thread it happens in. I also did point out that it was not only the Daru thing which we have been '' spoiled '' with '' theories ''. Of course I can't say for sure until these events happen (or won't happen).
Old 2011-07-13, 06:49   Link #38
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
But if the 1st D-Mail isn't sent then Kurisu is dead?
I keep seeing this.

How exactly did that first D-mail even prevent her death? Daru just thought it was spam, it shouldn't have changed anything.
Old 2011-07-13, 06:54   Link #39
Qikz

Well, it's still not been explained what happens when Okabe first meets her.

If I remember rightly she said that before she met with him in the first/second episode she mentions that he'd spoken to her before, yet that was the first time he personally had ever met her alive. Maybe it's something to do with that?

I don't remember that being explained or if it even meant anything :S
Old 2011-07-13, 07:03   Link #40
Suryce

I think it works like this :
First D-mail saves Kurisu because : Sern detected it -> they create time machine and causes dystopia -> Suzuha go back in time and crash in the building -> Kurisu lecture about time travel is cancelled -> somehow it saves her from being murdered
Closed Thread