AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-06-30, 05:31   Link #2241
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that Durandal was more or less correct when he died: there was no escaping destiny. Was Kira always destined to be the perfect soldier, no matter how he tries to run away? As for Lacus, has she wanted to become the leader of the PLANTs?
You know it was "destiny" because Kira and Lacus ended up like who they are. It seems as if everything was "planned" and they became who they are, did what they were supposed to do.

But Durandal's ideals had a flaw, he ignored what can be changed at present, what potential humans have to alter their supposed "destiny".
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 09:50   Link #2242
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
You know it was "destiny" because Kira and Lacus ended up like who they are. It seems as if everything was "planned" and they became who they are, did what they were supposed to do.

But Durandal's ideals had a flaw, he ignored what can be changed at present, what potential humans have to alter their supposed "destiny".
I agree with you, that was his major flaw. He had things figured out but didn't really think of the possibility of it changing. Simple human actions can change and alter big things... he underestimated Kira and Co.s abilities to change the course of destiny.

Although Dully's plan would definitely create a world of peace (he talks about communism where everything is controlled by one big ruling body) .. and you know, Kira and Co. were not fighting for peace at the end of Destiny, they were fighting for freedom-- the thing that was lacking in the world Dully wanted to create.

Human beings can be so stupid after all.. they sometimes have the tendency to chose war over peace.
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 13:11   Link #2243
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
I agree with you, that was his major flaw. He had things figured out but didn't really think of the possibility of it changing. Simple human actions can change and alter big things... he underestimated Kira and Co.s abilities to change the course of destiny.

Human beings can be so stupid after all.. they sometimes have the tendency to chose war over peace.
I think its safe to assume that humanity prefers freedom over security & safety. Dully wanted to be god, and create a society that would make India's caste system blush.

Sure, it'd mean the (near) perfect utopia, but it'd also introduce massive mindless lemmings going about their everyday lives while Dully himself reaps the benefits.

And... I didn't vote for him

Not a wonder he needed to be taken down.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 00:02   Link #2244
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Going back to the wrestler comparisons, here's a revised list of what I've been thinking:
  • Kira = John Cena/Undertaker/Shawn Michaels (and for all of you old-schoolers, Hulk Hogan)
  • Athrun = Triple H (and for all of you old-schoolers, Ric Flair/Randy Savage)
  • Shinn = Randy Orton/Christian/Chris Jericho/any upper mid-carder whom HHH and Michaels see as threats to their spots (and for all of you old-schoolers, Ultimate Warrior)
  • Lacus = Stephanie McMahon/Michelle McCool (and for all of you old-schoolers, Miss Elizabeth)
  • Cagalli = [insert talented female wrestler here]
  • Flay = Mickie James
  • Lunamaria = [insert WWE Diva/eye candy here]
  • Meyrin and Meer = see Lunamaria
Old 2011-07-05, 22:44   Link #2245
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I think its safe to assume that humanity prefers freedom over security & safety. Dully wanted to be god, and create a society that would make India's caste system blush.

Sure, it'd mean the (near) perfect utopia, but it'd also introduce massive mindless lemmings going about their everyday lives while Dully himself reaps the benefits.

And... I didn't vote for him

Not a wonder he needed to be taken down.

- Tak
All Dully did was propose Obamacare...He didn't accomplish jack with it...He had a commercial spot, then Orb fanboys killed him...That ain't $hit^^...And he wasn't go kill you for not voting for him, because you didn't have a $hitload of illegal technology strong enuff to elevate a flea-sized nation over the populous of Earth and Space...Sooooooo...You woulda got a pamphlet...
Old 2011-07-11, 06:24   Link #2246
winter45

Hmmm after all these years people are still trying to paint Dully as an evil bastard trying to control the world.... he proposed an alternative that works on mars and people killed him for it.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 06:36   Link #2247
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Hmmm after all these years people are still trying to paint Dully as an evil bastard trying to control the world.... he proposed an alternative that works on mars and people killed him for it.
He needed people like you to vindicate him I guess.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 06:42   Link #2248
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
He needed people like you to vindicate him I guess.
Vindicate him of what?

In an interview with fakuda the man himself even stated that kira and co were wrong/bad guys... Dean the young supplied the link in a different thread a few years back.
Old 2011-07-13, 05:27   Link #2249
Charred Knight

Quote:
Vindicate him of what?

In an interview with fakuda the man himself even stated that kira and co were wrong/bad guys... Dean the young supplied the link in a different thread a few years back.
His not talking about that, Fukada was talking about Kira attacking both sides, and making the war worse. Durandal had loss faith in humanity, and wanted to control humanity (that's what the chess game between Le Creuset was supposed to represent) so that they wouldn't fight anymore. Lacus opposed it because she believes that humans can still live in peace with each other without losing their freedom. Kira opposed it because Lacus opposed it.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 06:19   Link #2250
winter45

when i find the transscript ill get back to you in the appropriate thread. (might be a while i only visit here on graveyard shifts at work)

But i fully disagree with you that dully wanted human control. You have a choice and there was never onscreen footage of aggressive consequences if you voted no, that just speculation.

As wingdarkness pointed out.. orb fanboys killed him for his proposal.

This topic is de-threading the trilogy subject so im gonna stop here.

With gundam age coming out soon and a possible origin series, Seed trilogy is looking grim

Last edited by winter45; 2011-07-13 at 06:41. Reason: correcting choice of words
Old 2011-07-13, 06:41   Link #2251
Charred Knight

Quote:
when i find the link ill get back to you in the appropriate thread. (might be a while i only visit here on graveyard shifts at work)

But i fully disagree with you that dully wanted human control. You had a choice and there was never onscreen footage of aggressive consequences if you disagreed, that just speculation.

As wingdarkness pointed out.. orb fanboys killed him for his proposal.
You didn't have a choice, that was the entire point of the Destiny plan, your destiny was decided for you by your genes. Look at what Durandal did to Rey, he basically raised him as a replacement for LeCreuset, and never allowed him to be anyone else. Anyone who disagreed with him got a taste of the Requiem Cannon.
Old 2011-08-12, 22:06   Link #2252
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Shinn Asuka and Lunamaria gets married in real life
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 23:09   Link #2253
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Along with Mikiya and Shiki, Zack and Aerith, Hikaru and Haruhi, etc., etc., etc. all at once.
Old 2011-08-13, 00:26   Link #2254
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Fukuda shoots off his mouth at the wedding news :-

Rough translation :-

Quote:
During Destiny, I always knew Maaya had her eyes on someone. But I never thought that it will be Suzumura. Looks like I was mistaken there
And after being flammed on Twitter for this comment he goes on a rant on some of his...."personal wisdom" on what is regarded as right or wrong :-

How dumb can you be, Fukuda ? That is why Sunrise shelf you as a producer.
Old 2011-08-13, 01:11   Link #2255
Tak

Quote:
How dumb can you be, Fukuda ? That is why Sunrise shelf you as a producer.
And lets keep it that way. The possibilities of him further ruining anything relating to SEED & Gundam in general sends shivers down my spine!

Sure, some people would point out that it was his wife who ruined it, but... hey, he is the director.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-08-13, 02:27   Link #2256
Charred Knight

Do you have to put everything he says in a negative manner? Unless this is a cultural thing and it sounds much worse in Japan.
Old 2011-08-13, 02:44   Link #2257
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Do you have to put everything he says in a negative manner? Unless this is a cultural thing and it sounds much worse in Japan.
Basically it all originated from the rumored friction FATkuda had with Suzumura on the set of Destiny, thus making FATkuda's latest twitter post sounded as if he was implying that it was impossible for Sakamoto to have sat her eyes on Suzumura.

If I was Suzumura, I think I'd be offended.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2011-08-13 at 03:16.
Old 2011-08-13, 02:58   Link #2258
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Because he was basically implying that it was impossible for Sakamoto to have sat her eyes on Suzumura.

And there after that posting on Twitter, Fukuda was trying to defend his comment, making himself trying to look like an innocent party by putting all the blame on the flammer in that incoherant rant.
Old 2011-08-13, 03:05   Link #2259
Tak

Quote:
And there after that posting on Twitter, Fukuda was trying to defend his comment, making himself trying to look like an innocent party by putting all the blame on the flammer in that incoherant rant.
Then he had to drag the recent earthquake into this.

I mean, really? Dig a bigger hole, please.

- Tak

Old 2011-08-13, 03:52   Link #2260
Charred Knight

Quote:
Basically it all originated from the rumored friction FATkuda had with Suzumura on the set of Destiny, thus making FATkuda's latest twitter post sounded as if he was implying that it was impossible for Sakamoto to have sat her eyes on Suzumura.

- Tak
I don't care about rumors, I deal only on facts. He was shocked that Suzumura married Sakamoto. A guy then started flaming him at which point he started an argument. I don't expect writers and Directors to be Saints and deal with people in a level headed manner.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep