AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 20 24.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 31.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 18.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.10%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.66%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-15, 03:39   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Boku wa Tomodachi..., Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-12-15, 13:26   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

BokuTomo 11 - Festival of Nerds?/Festival of Haircuts

So if they didn't go to the local festival, the group was considering going to Comiket or the equivalent thereof? Maybe in a later episode. If the footage is to be believed, the OreImo gang would've been there, and a battle of epic(?) proportions would've ensued. But a shrine festival provides good hijinks too. All the character interactions the show's been working to build were on display, from Yozora and Sena vs each other to Kobato and Maria vs each other to Rika vs everyone's libido. She approaches microphones and chocolate bananas in the same way.

Even if they aren't willing to admit it, it's clear from the fireworks scene that this bunch of misfits has become a pretty close group of friends. The final scene really brought on the schmaltz with the violin and the sparkles. Wonder what the repercussions of that are going to be. Though it's been a pretty obvious "secret" for some time now.
Old 2011-12-15, 13:50   Link #3
mironicus

Does this show really only have 12 episodes? The secret about Yozora is just about to be revealed in the last episode and then it ends...?
Old 2011-12-15, 13:53   Link #4
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
Does this show really only have 12 episodes? The secret about Yozora is just about to be revealed in the last episode and then it ends...?
Well, the series is adapted from a Light Novel, which is still ongoing right now, so the story is not yet over.
Old 2011-12-15, 15:43   Link #5
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Oh long and beautiful hair, where hadth thou gone???
Old 2011-12-15, 15:56   Link #6
mironicus

Yozora is a handsome boy now.

This episode was not so great. Lack of quality in the animation/drawings. The end was very rushed, not very emotional as it should be. I just saw the raw version - the preview at the end only showed pictures of the recent episodes (Yozora with long hair, a summary?).

On the comic con you could see some characters from OreImo from behind (Kirino, Kyosuke, Kuroneko...).
Rika won a Xbox 360, in the novel she won a PS3.
Sena's affection to Kobato was reduced to a normal level it seems, she is not creepy like in the VN.
Kodaka told Sena about his hair and why he don't dye it.
Yozora was the only one that did not want to wear a yukata.
Rika looked amazingly cute in her yukata and as Yozora and Sena were fighting she was able to spend some time with Kodaka.

The fights between Yozora and Sena were harmless.

4/10 worst episode as of yet.

I hope that they will work things over for the BD-release.

Last edited by mironicus; 2011-12-15 at 17:39.
Old 2011-12-15, 16:47   Link #7
LC
Shocking Pink

Ahhh, it kills me that we won't get any further in the novel than this. Is the last episode anime-originial, I wonder?

It was raw, so I couldn't understand the insults they threw at each other, but Yozora and Sena need to admit it--they're friends. Otherwise, why spend the entire time with someone you hate?

Rika and the banana was pure lulz.

Yozora's haircut is soo cute! I love her long hair too though.
Old 2011-12-15, 17:06   Link #8
potchip

Didn't like the handling of the ending that well. For an episode that's mucho drama it falls short I feel. Not enough surprise on Kodaka's part and then the voice acting of Yozora didn't have enough conviction. I feel the direction was ordinary - close up at each individual's face when it has to be a shot with both in the picture. A fairly meh moment to be honest.
Old 2011-12-15, 17:39   Link #9
Miraluka
Banned

OMG, her hair burned? How tragic, how terrible, how much depth there is, plot everywhere!!... sigh...

Meh.jpg

Fail drama is fail. Soredemos had some little drama but with so far better execution. Not the best episode but it seems I found my new signature on it =_=+.

P.S.: For those who ask, yes, there is a Oreimo's girls and Sandbag's cameo.

Spoiler for Funny fanservice:

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-12-15 at 17:50.
Old 2011-12-15, 18:08   Link #10
Sides

Gave it a nine out of ten, just because of the starting and ending bit. The middle part was okayish, Rikka's bananaerotica was probably the only highlight.
Have to say this series makes too much reference/cameos to other series for my taste, I reckon I probably did not catch three-quarters of it.
Old 2011-12-15, 19:11   Link #11
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow Rika actually looked cute in a yukata. Surprised Sena wasn't more cray over Kobato. Lol Sena and Yozora's competition. THe fireworks were a nice scene. Like the reveal at the end. So it was actually good that Yozora had her hair burnt. From the preview looks like a summary next ep since Yozora has long hair.
Old 2011-12-15, 19:22   Link #12
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Yozora looked great with short hair, I gotta admit though, I was abit taken aback by the change in personalities with her when he recognized her as the boy from the past. It was kinda sweet yet awkward.
Old 2011-12-15, 19:32   Link #13
potchip

If I was the director...

When rollcalled Yozora's name, she should appear suddenly and forcefully (like yeah what you lookin at?) not in that meekish voice.

When Kodaka made the realisation, should skip with the childhood flashback - there were enough foreshadowing, don't repeat it in the actual realisation - and Kodaka's expression should change and more surprised.

When Yozora made the reply, there should be a PAUSE after Kodaka's call out, then expression change, and the voice should be a little melancholic, a little relieved etc, not just in that cute voice. That was an extremely important scene but badly rushed.

Then of course a shot of both in one frame.

Blah...
Old 2011-12-15, 19:33   Link #14
mironicus

Quote:
Yozora and Sena need to admit it--they're friends.
After watching the subbed version I noticed that Yozora was nearly about to leave the festival but Sena persuaded her to stay and to compete in games with her. This was a really friendly gesture. Yozora is still unsocial in some ways but Sena wanted her to stay and she was successful.

Hmm... I am bit confused about the Anime version. I did not like Sena in the VN and the manga (creepy) but in the anime she is such a lovely girl...
Old 2011-12-15, 20:37   Link #15
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I didn't have a problem with the ending as a lot of other people did. It was very mellow and sort of anti-climactic, but it was still in-line with what this show has always been. Over-the-top, yet mellow at the same time.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-12-15, 20:41   Link #16
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Finally Yozora appears as Sora, the long lost osananajimi of Taka...

Not enough comedy this episode and a forced drama...
Old 2011-12-15, 21:04   Link #17
User68604
Disabled By Request

aint gonna lie;

yozora with short hair looked reaaaaal good

and yes theres at least 1 more ep
Old 2011-12-15, 21:06   Link #18
ion475
にこにこにー

My critique of the last scene is same as most people - it just lack that certain warm-heart feeling. Okay, I read the LN so I already know the story long time ago, but the emotion is just not there. Literally spoiling the relation b/t Yozora and Kodaka doesn't help, either (I mean, even non-LN readers can infer the "secret" without much efforts...)

It gets a 9/10 for me. On the other hand, I won't argue with people that say the episode is boring - b/c it is, and that's what happen when you dedicate a single episode to one single chapter (Okay, two if you count the last chapter, which is basically the reunion scene). At the end, it advanced the story, end Vol. 3, and we finally get the short-hair Yozora that's just better than the long-hair version...

On last note, yeah, gotta love that Oreimo cameo. When will they do a Season 2 on that?
Old 2011-12-15, 21:18   Link #19
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

omfg that end. Fuckin finally. :'D
Old 2011-12-15, 21:24   Link #20
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
VAing was somewhat dry, and the events did not help at all. Even the apex of the episode, Yozora burning her hair, was passed by in a matter of seconds, and the we got a dry transition through an Horizon-like infodump. An equivalent event in Aria drove everyone to tears. Also Kodaka's reason for not dying his hair was presented clinically, VAs aside, the only time they changed a posture or an expression was when Kobato touched his hand in sympathy, and not only they did not change her expression, but in the next cut they forgot about it.

Pretty much the direction of this episode was horrible. Still, had some good moments, Rika and Yozora's character designs, for example.

And more inconsistencies with breast sizes, with the latest victim being Sena in Yukata... she dropped at least one, probably two sizes... at least animate the scene where she uses a sarashi
Closed Thread