AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-27, 19:41   Link #321
Limenade
Boss Mode

Anyone know if Alladin goin to be brain washed by this stuff? (Hopes not >.< ) and what happens to the little girl in 5th district? Stuff has got me pissed seeing how twisted these magicians are to the point they believe they are doing the right thing for the "greater good". ZzZzZ I hate the ideology behind greater good of sacrificing smaller numbers for larger ones. If that's how it is they should sac up and figure out a way to help as many as possible or just go down in flames with the world knowing they arent twisted freaks.
Limenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 22:07   Link #322
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
You've just described 'Tales of Magi.'

I'd play the hell out of that game.
Tales is one the series I had in mind, when writing this. Yes.

Quote:
Chapter 158
maybe this is the part where Aladdin realize that white Rukh is not always good

and maybe they'll eventually hint that black Rukh is not necessarily evil. (look at Alibaba and Sinbad for instance)

maybe what Rukh really does is just gauge a person's mental state.

so a psychopath like Joker who hates everything and wants the world to burn will show black Rukh
but a sociopath like Jigsaw who systematically kills peoples in convoluted ways and believes he is improving lives, will show white Rukh

hey, this kinda reminds me of that new Psychopass anime, actually.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 22:14   Link #323
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
and maybe they'll eventually hint that black Rukh is not necessarily evil. (look at Alladin and Sinbad for instance)
Alladin? What does Aladdin have to do with black Rukh?

Quote:
maybe what Rukh really does is just gauge a person's mental state.

so a psychopath like Joker who hates everything and wants the world to burn will show black Rukh
but a sociopath like Jigsaw who systematically kills peoples in convoluted ways and believes he is improving lives, will show white Rukh
This is pretty much my take on it too. And yeah, it does reminds me to Psyco-pass.
Old 2012-10-27, 22:16   Link #324
Key Board
Carbon

Oops.. I meant to say Alibaba..

I am going to change that.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2012-10-27, 22:21   Link #325
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Did Alibaba ever have black rukh? I've never seen him described or shown to have them, implicitly. And no, Kassim's magoi inside him doesn't count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limenade View Post
Anyone know if Alladin goin to be brain washed by this stuff? (Hopes not >.< ) and what happens to the little girl in 5th district? Stuff has got me pissed seeing how twisted these magicians are to the point they believe they are doing the right thing for the "greater good". ZzZzZ I hate the ideology behind greater good of sacrificing smaller numbers for larger ones. If that's how it is they should sac up and figure out a way to help as many as possible or just go down in flames with the world knowing they arent twisted freaks.
Given his characterisation, it doesn't look like Moganett employs any literal brainwashing. (towards his fellow magicians, at least)

And I would think Aladdin knows way better than to be taken in by some non-pervasive brainwashing, given his experiences in Balbadd, Kouga, Sindria experiencing different viewpoints of different characters, be it Dunya or even Isnan. Not to mention his unrevealed hidden backstory related to Alma Toran, where he clearly experienced/or knows of something similar to what is happening in Magnoshatt.

As for the little girl, assuming Hogwarts arc will go that far ahead, we'll probably witness her death in a year's time or so.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 22:23   Link #326
Key Board
Carbon

well. that's part of him now.. like it or not.. (I don't)
Old 2012-10-27, 22:38   Link #327
Kazu-kun

Quote:
well. that's part of him now.. like it or not.. (I don't)
But that Rukh's no black. It turned white way back at the end of the Balbad arc.
Old 2012-10-27, 23:47   Link #328
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Spoiler for spoilers 160:
Have you seen what he said when third prince of Kou left?
And in chapter 159 as well.

He's calling out non-magicians as goi, spitting out the phrase in a degoritory fashion with hate filled on his face.
What you're saying is like someone keeps using the N word and making statements resenting them but he's not filled with hate because he thinks he's right.

Mogamet is a stereotypical racist who doesn't think he's one.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-10-28 at 00:05.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 01:20   Link #329
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But that Rukh's no black. It turned white way back at the end of the Balbad arc.
Alibaba is like Sinbad now. He has two kinds of Rukh: black and white. That's the reason why he went to Laem. He wants to learn how to keep the conflicting Rukhs from tearing apart his body.
Old 2012-10-28, 01:41   Link #330
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Alibaba is like Sinbad now. He has two kinds of Rukh: black and white.
No at all. Sinbad has black and white Rukh because he was cursed. He said so himself.

Alibaba just has a part of Cassim's magoi inside him, but it's not black.* So even now that the two magoi inside him have become one, the whole thing is still pure white.

*Cassim's magoi was purified at the end of the Balbad arc, when he died. And later on when Isna and Aladdin entered inside Alibaba, it was confirmed that all his magoi was still white, and you could see Cassim's magoi there too in that chapter, and it was white as well.
Old 2012-10-28, 01:48   Link #331
Kioras

Quote:
Alibaba is like Sinbad now. He has two kinds of Rukh: black and white. That's the reason why he went to Laem. He wants to learn how to keep the conflicting Rukhs from tearing apart his body.
He only had 2 sources of Magoi in his body, His own(a lessor amount) and Cassim's (who had more). At the end of the Balbadd arc he Cassim's Rukh was purified from the black to white(chapter 75). That is why in chapter 115, when you saw his silhouette, it was pure white.

He needed to get sutck with the needles, and operated on by the Yambala to be able to control both sources of Magoi, and in the end they merged completely, in the coliseum fight. So instead of mastering it with manipulation, he accepted it, the past that he worked and lived with Cassim and the Magoi merged instead.

Real question will be what will Aladdin do after Hogwarts, will he stay there and try to change things, or will he perhaps go with titus, and meet up with Alibaba in the Laem empire before they move onto the next adventure? Hopefully Morgianna will also return there.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 01:56   Link #332
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
Real question will be what will Aladdin do after Hogwarts, will he stay there and try to change things, or will he perhaps go with titus, and meet up with Alibaba in the Laem empire before they move onto the next adventure? Hopefully Morgianna will also return there.
I got the feeling Aladdin will meet up with Alibaba before deciding what to do with Hogwarts. I think it should be Alibaba, as a human and king candidate, the one to take those kind decisions, and I got the feeling Aladdin thinks so too.
Old 2012-10-28, 02:22   Link #333
Key Board
Carbon

now that I think of it, can a Magi have more than one king candidate?

who is Judal's candidate? the empress?
Old 2012-10-28, 02:32   Link #334
Kazu-kun

Quote:
now that I think of it, can a Magi have more than one king candidate?
When Judal fought Aladdin for the first time he asked Aladdin "Where is your king". This suggests a magi has only one true king candidate.

Quote:
The empress seems to be magician, so she probably isn't. I think Judal still hasn't decided on his candidate. IIRC he was interested in Sinbad but the latter didn't like the idea for obvious reasons...
Old 2012-10-28, 05:04   Link #335
Key Board
Carbon

IIRC, Sinbad is neutral

he conquered a dungeon without the help of a Magi. (supposed to be impossible?)

and that pissed off Judal, IIRC
Old 2012-10-28, 05:33   Link #336
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
I am guessing he planning to make Hakuryu his king candidate. Judal seemed to take interest in him.
Old 2012-10-28, 06:05   Link #337
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Read 159....

As expected, Mogamett is a dirty scum....Perhaps as repulsive as that Al-Sarmen Banker. How many Dunyas does that bastard wish to make while being such a damned hypocrite.....ugh...

Anyway, the Dai Kouga Empire are the people who now form Hakuei's cavalry right?
Old 2012-10-28, 06:09   Link #338
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
I am guessing he planning to make Hakuryu his king candidate. Judal seemed to take interest in him.
Agreed, even though the other dungeon conquerors maybe stronger than Hakuryu, none of them have shown any signs of falling.
If Judal chooses, a black king would suit him best.
Old 2012-10-28, 07:26   Link #339
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Anyway, the Dai Kouga Empire are the people who now form Hakuei's cavalry right?
More precisely, the Kouga clan that descended from the Great Kouga Empire are, yes.

The Empire itself haven't existed in supposedly centuries.
Old 2012-10-28, 12:51   Link #340
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Read 159....
As expected, Mogamett is a dirty scum....Perhaps as repulsive as that Al-Sarmen Banker. How many Dunyas does that bastard wish to make while being such a damned hypocrite.....ugh...
Thats not the case , what happened to dunya was unfortunate but mogamett has also have his righful reasons . I accept mogametts thinking is wrong but its the old empire that pushed him to that kind of desparate thinking because of their corruptness . Even citizens admit that they were in worse condition in old empire which shows mogamett is more mercifull then old king , also people who have skills can also live comfortable life so he isnt just unfair .

What mogamett discards is people who doesnt have a worth but even in our world there are people like that ( homeless people in america , drug dealers etc.. ) all these kinds of people born because rich and people of high status ignore them . I think instead of discarding this kind of people we should show them the right way , mogamett is like any of us who doesnt look at homeless or thinks thiefs are bad people just because they are bad etc...

You look at dunya and see a poor princess but you cant see the poor people dunyas father opressed and made them live in shitty enviroment , what did dunya do for her people did she even looked how poor lived etc... ignorance is sin itself how can a princess of a country can be that ignorant , what did she even knew about her people .

I am not agreeing how mogamett does things but its understandeble how he got there , i also agree mogamett is in a wrong way so lets hope he changes his mind and try coexisting with other people . Mogamett is a good man he just lost his faith to humanity becuse of corruptness of the old empire so if aladdin can show him that there are decent people exist even in non magicians he will probably gain his good old heart again .

Humans doesnt live in a straight line in all their lives and everyone makes mistakes , lets also not forget that everyone hated old empire not just mogamett . You are just seeing princess wiev which is no different then that marie antoinette who said citizens should eat cake if they cant find pan but if someone cant even eat pan how would they eat a cake .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen