AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-06, 23:07   Link #2281
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
It be funny if more people outside Japan cared about the results than people inside of Japan.
It isn't if. Chinese J-AST related forums in Baidu probably has more than a hundred unique ID commenting in them. I know there are several Korean forums and blogs that follow J-AST, thus know that number of eyeballs in Korea alone probably will be more than the number of people who voted for Toki in the final. We also have not negligible size of following here in AnimeSuki and another group in ISML forum. I also know there are some English blogs about J-AST. It is extremely unlikely that a person in one of these places be present in almost all the places I mentioned, and even so, then how about those SE Asian forums on J-AST which I know that it exist?(VN Sharing's Negima Corp anyone?) Conservatively, I would estimate more than a thousand people in the world outside of Japan who knows that Toki won the J-AST.
Old 2012-11-08, 20:16   Link #2282
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Say, does anybody have a complete collection of Anonymous's Saimoe posters this year?
Old 2012-11-18, 04:03   Link #2283
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

In other news potentially related to future Saimoe madness (be it Orignial, Korean style, or International Medley):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Anime View Post
Rozen Maiden New Anime KITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-12967.html

The Rozen Maidens Return!?
Old 2012-11-18, 04:12   Link #2284
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Are you kidding me?

As much as I enjoyed Rozen Maiden, I had already put them behind - moving forward. But y'know what? Bring them back. Busou Shinki is just not the same.
Old 2012-11-18, 07:06   Link #2285
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Fashionably late to the veterans' party.

Depending on how early that comes out, they might even coincide with the return of the Nanoha franchise's veterans (c/o Movie 2nd A's). The long-awaited grand reunion was not complete without the return of the storied Rozen Maiden and Nanoha characters.

The question is, have their factions' core supporters already been decimated by various factors over the years?
Old 2012-11-18, 13:14   Link #2286
Kyuu
=^^=

OK. Today is confirmed:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ets-more-anime

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-12967.html

True. Absolutely not a rumor. OMFG, they're coming back.

The real question:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-18, 13:29   Link #2287
broken270
Defying gravity

Rozen Maiden vs. Nanoha, if the former comes out in time.
Old 2012-11-18, 14:05   Link #2288
RJ TAYLER

This is NOT a drill REPEAT This is NOT a drill.

It's a possible rematch. A possible three tournament winners up again 2005-2006, 2011 (possibly a record fourth 2012). Saimoe 2013 now upgraded to 'INTERESTING'.
Old 2012-11-18, 16:40   Link #2289
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

...and we get another reason why I want Saimoe to bar franchises that have already won the tournament from future tournaments (as Rozen Maiden was pretty much the original "overdominant" title of the tournament).
Old 2012-11-18, 18:03   Link #2290
stormtrooper

AST will just get better if that happens. Bringing back the old faces and the new faces collide with them will be surely interesting.
Old 2012-11-18, 22:44   Link #2291
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

I hope Suigintou manages to get top 8 on whatever saimoe they'll be eligible in. I wonder how Kirakishou would do too if she is in it.
Old 2012-11-18, 22:48   Link #2292
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
...and we get another reason why I want Saimoe to bar franchises that have already won the tournament from future tournaments (as Rozen Maiden was pretty much the original "overdominant" title of the tournament).

Considering how well most of the older shows did this year (not very well) I wouldn't hold such a rule over the tournament. The rules presently are for shows that were on that year...whatever they were. If the fanbase is there and the moe is there, they will advance. If those things aren't in place, they will get knocked out in the first or second round.

Note the results of K-On, Higurashi, or Fate/Zero-Carnival Phantasm's performance for the Fate/Stay-Night veterans. The only old timers that held on to the end game were Louise and Shana. And those were definately not series support systems. That was all Rie Kugimiya.

Also look where Haruhi's bunch went even after the Disapperance film came out. They managed a few victories, but didn't get as far as they did in 2006.

No, a limiter based on winning in the past is not needed. Dominance only lasts if there is a fanbase to make it last. We don't know if the Rozen Maiden fanbase is even viable anymore for Saimoe. Much like we don't know if Nanoha's fanbase viable for next year.

Saki's fanbase is there and intact...but also the voting pool is much, much smaller than it was in 2006.

Judging the Rozens by the reactions here is no good. Most of us can't vote in Saimoe anymore. The only thing we effect these days is ISML. The Rozens dominated there one year, and then basically were dropped off the face of the Earth by their fanbase.
Old 2012-11-19, 07:10   Link #2293
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

It's been 6 years though. Being gone for too long is definitely not a good thing when it comes to Saimoe.
Old 2012-11-19, 09:40   Link #2294
Archaeon

Happy to see Rozen Maiden come back. Suigintou is my favorite. Hope she win at least a moe tournament whether it's J-Saimoe, ISML or even Korean Best Moe.
Old 2012-11-19, 10:07   Link #2295
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
It's been 6 years though. Being gone for too long is definitely not a good thing when it comes to Saimoe.
I think it is better than staying in Saimoe for like 5+years almost consecutively because being gone for too long might make Rozen Maiden get new fans that wasn't around saimoe 2005-2007 while I don't think their veteran fans would leave them in the dust. While staying in saimoe for 5+ years consecutively might have a higher chance of a series' power depleting even if new material comes out.
Old 2012-11-19, 12:53   Link #2296
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Death to Desu

Gin was rob

JUNK!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2012-12-11, 15:01   Link #2297
broken270
Defying gravity

Old 2012-12-15, 13:41   Link #2298
RJ TAYLER

It's a possible rematch. A possible three tournament winners up again 2005-2006, 2011 (possibly a record fourth 2012). Saimoe 2013 now upgraded to 'INTERESTING'.

P.S. Can we start to 'pencil in' the 2007 & 2008 Champions as well, in light of recent unconfirmed reports? If this is the case then only the 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2009 champions will be vying for a spot in the sideline commentary team next year.
Old 2012-12-19, 15:49   Link #2299
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Even though Higurashi won't fare off too well it seems like they are joining in the veterans party next year too.
Old 2012-12-19, 22:53   Link #2300
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Who is the pink-haired girl next to Louise on the left?
She is cute!

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament