AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-03-29, 23:49   Link #41041
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was thinking multiple mono-atomic filaments

Hmm how about a metal that has the characteristics of living matter? Not sentient, just living cells... like the cells that make up human flesh.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 23:58   Link #41042
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Like I said, thin slice of metal is USELESS for anything but torture, mono atomic meant it'll shatter/burn/thingamajing as soon as it made contact with other particle.

Unless the bond somehow stronger than what has been stated by math-physic, but there's another issue about atomic bond recovery of the target and whatnot.

As for the next one.

Why, hello there
Old 2013-03-30, 00:04   Link #41043
demino_hellsin
That one guy

imagine if a carbon has 4 bonds and within these 4 bonds is a certain amount of energy. What I propose is a metal filament that takes the collective energy that formed those 4 bonds. and make only 2 of them.

Kinda like that yeah. The only problem with the metal is that since it's alive, it'll keep growing. So... dang
Old 2013-03-30, 04:34   Link #41044
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Now that would be a no-no. Last time I checked your reviews, there are people who want you to finish Silverback.
That maybe so, but normally I post scenes here to get some help from you guys. That's why I post them. But as I said earlier, the recent ones I've posted are just flat out ignored.

I take it that nobody wants to help. Now I'm not sure if I want to post new scenes here...

Quote:
That aside, have a scene:

Spoiler for X-Grader:
How's that chapter coming along by the way?

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2013-03-30 at 06:00.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 07:00   Link #41045
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Don't worry jak, I've been regularly ignored too

Unfortunately for them I am a persistent fellow

Unfortunately I cannot help you personally because our tastes and personality clash. Good luck.
Old 2013-03-30, 08:16   Link #41046
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I can help, but if you specifically ask what do you want

Storywise? Tech? character Vs? Anything, if you ask what you want.
Old 2013-03-30, 08:25   Link #41047
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think we need to wait till he's online...

Prolly the issues he wants to work out is how the story flows in conjunction to canon and how he can better fit it in while explaining the points he doesn't want changed.
Old 2013-03-30, 09:52   Link #41048
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

it's rather challenging to try and fit fanfic plot into canon plot since canon story itself isn't quite complete.

I could throw a hand for tech stuffs.

Quote:
How's that chapter coming along by the way?
Very slowly. I'm making a list of characters, major and minor alike and I found myself having quite the laundry list.

And that's just OCs.
Old 2013-03-30, 11:05   Link #41049
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I have a bit of a problem... I'm trying to imagine fluid fights between IS, but all I get is gundam gundam gundam gundam and even more gundam @_@
Old 2013-03-30, 13:15   Link #41050
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I have a bit of a problem... I'm trying to imagine fluid fights between IS, but all I get is gundam gundam gundam gundam and even more gundam @_@
Please elaborate?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 14:07   Link #41051
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Just replace the Gundams with the ISs
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 19:02   Link #41052
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Imagining mid-air fights but most of the maneuvers can be done with only gundam/mobile suits. The squishy humans in IS prolly can move in the way I imagine, and the IS seem too cumbersome. Sometimes I even lose myself in imagining the combat the weaponry at each combatant's disposal becomes that of MS instead of IS. kind of like my image of Rafael vs Blue Tears suddenly turns into ReZel versus Kshatriya. @_@

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-03-30 at 20:07.
Old 2013-03-30, 20:47   Link #41053
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

You could try imagining things from Iron Man. Sure they may not have remote weapons but it's the closest you have to armored human fights.
Old 2013-03-30, 20:57   Link #41054
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I don't know much about iron man. All I can see is unibeam, repulsor blast and lots of flying brawling.
Old 2013-03-30, 21:08   Link #41055
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Flying brawling is where it's at, if you're into that sort of thing. I had to rewatch one of the IS' episodes to see how one could move in an IS.

Basically, with all the wing bits, beam and fire flying around... I'm not sure what else aside from Gundam can be a prime imagination. Unless of course, you could imagine the mobile suits movement's behaving exactly like a human.
Old 2013-03-30, 21:16   Link #41056
demino_hellsin
That one guy

funny thing. The problem I had with gundam was that the movements were too smoothe. IS are more clunky. They have practically zero dexterity. @_@

It's like they strike poses instead of actually fight.
Old 2013-03-30, 21:28   Link #41057
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I suppose you are right somehow. Then again, I would guess there's room for liberties for that. I even made my OC run in the Uchigane for her first fight using an IS, just to show that she's inexperienced with the IS' features. Combat wise, I imagine it to be near human-like movements only with elongated armored limbs which serves no weight.
Old 2013-03-30, 21:54   Link #41058
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Ironically in kamen rider versus IS, I was banking on that zero dexterity to give the kamen rider the edge in close combat. Basically he needs to keep them in arms' length or he's screwed

IS to IS combat is just so
Old 2013-03-31, 03:17   Link #41059
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I always use armored core as reference when it's arena combat, outside it, it's more ace combat than anything else.
Old 2013-03-31, 03:26   Link #41060
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I suppose AC4A comes close. I'll try looking for more material.

Update to the kyokugen.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=41017

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest