AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2006-08-05, 05:40   Link #1
toru310

Can't play rmvb files!!!!

Can anyone help me i can't seem to play rmvb files is there any other player aside from real player cause when i play rmvb files realplayer crashes with the debug don't send thiny..

Is there any codecs for rmvb????
Old 2006-08-05, 06:04   Link #2
Sides

If you have realplayer already installed,
get gabest's realmedia splitter.
Old 2006-08-05, 06:32   Link #3
toru310

Actuallly, I uninstall it because it has no use it can play all the files except the rmvb files etc. When i play Rmvb files in realplayer realplayer crashes
Old 2006-08-05, 09:01   Link #4
Sides

Well you just need the codecs, you can either get it legally by installing realplayer
or illegally by installing something such as realalternative,
which is basically the mentioned realmedia splitter from above with the real codecs
packed together in a installation package.

I think the codecs are also available on helixcommunity site,
but it is down till the 6th.

BTW mediaplayerclassic has the splitter buildin, so you'll only need the codecs.
Old 2006-08-05, 10:51   Link #5
Nicholi
King of Hosers

If the files will not play in the latest official RealPlayer, you cannot play them anywhere else. That is what I am gathering from your first post at least. However in order to play RealMedia files (of any type) in DirectShow you need two things.

1. Gabest's Real Media Splitter
2. Real Media Decoders

Usually most people who do not have RealPlayer installed simply install Real Alternative, which includes both the Splitter and an illegal distribution of the decoders. Then you can play the RM files in any DirectShow player (Media Player Classic, ZoomPlayer. The Core Media Player, etc).

However, if you already have RealPlayer installed you can simply just register the Real Media Splitter on your system and then play the files within DirectShow. Real Alternative has also made this extremely simple by detecting whether you have RealPlayer installed on the system or not. It will ask if you want to continue or uninstall RealPlayer, click continue, and it will only allow you to install the Real Media Splitter (which is all you need). Otherwise you can get the filter from Gabest's sourceforge site and manually register it. Lastly for this method with RealPlayer + splitter, sometimes you may not have the required decoders already on the system. In order to solve this you just play the file in RealPlayer and it will download the needed decoder.

Once again though, if you cannot play the file in RealPlayer you have no chance of playing it anywhere else. You might have a corrupted/incomplete file.
Old 2006-08-05, 21:54   Link #6
toru310

Excuse me can i have a step by step screen shot?
Cause im not sure if im doing it right...

One more thing can the codecs or the things you metion uninstallable?
Old 2006-08-05, 21:55   Link #7
toru310

So basically i have to install real player and get Gabest's Real Media Splitter thats all????
Old 2006-08-05, 22:01   Link #8
checkers
Part 8
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to checkers
yes, but if even real palyer won't play them they are most likely corrupt.
Old 2006-08-06, 03:12   Link #9
Nicholi
King of Hosers

If you have RealPlayer installed, you obviously do not need to install it again. So the only thing you need is the Real Media Splitter (get it by itself or get it with Real Alt, reread post above for instructions).

If you do not have RealPlayer installed you will need to install Real Alternative. Which contains both the codecs and the splitter.

If you can't play the file in RealPlayer then you will never be able to play the file. It is most likely corrupt. Download it again or from a different source.
Old 2006-08-06, 04:06   Link #10
toru310

Is real media splitter easy to install? just click click and click???

Ill just get the torrent version of realplayer so that it will be much easier for me.
cause in the torrent version there a hacking thingy there to activate it i think.

Will real media splitter be a permanent program and can't be uninstalled???

If you install it windows media player and other players will be affected with codecs as well????
Old 2006-08-12, 05:55   Link #11
toru310

Excuse me can you give me the exact link for the codec cause theres so many i don't know which one!!??

There so many im planning to download Media player classic alternative and the other one but theres so many i don't know what to download.................

which one should i get in the six??
http://www.free-codecs.com/Real_Alte...e_download.htm

which one should i get in the in the three????
http://www.free-codecs.com/Media_Pla...c_download.htm

Last edited by toru310; 2006-08-12 at 06:17.
Old 2006-08-12, 11:31   Link #12
yuzuha

Try the info from this page

http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/118p1.html

Don't know if will help but I've never came across that file type. Just did a quick Google search for the file extension.

Good luck!
Old 2006-08-12, 19:47   Link #13
toru310

You can't tell which one should i get?? cause there media player classic rev 1.1 what that??? And alternative lite mirror thiny so confuse!??!

Thx for the help anyways im only waiting for the seniors to help me out who came across this problem who also gave me the link im just confuse and lost.
Old 2006-08-12, 21:18   Link #14
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binsentsu
Excuse me can you give me the exact link for the codec cause theres so many i don't know which one!!??

There so many im planning to download Media player classic alternative and the other one but theres so many i don't know what to download.................

which one should i get in the six??
http://www.free-codecs.com/Real_Alte...e_download.htm

which one should i get in the in the three????
http://www.free-codecs.com/Media_Pla...c_download.htm
Quote:
You can't tell which one should i get?? cause there media player classic rev 1.1 what that??? And alternative lite mirror thiny so confuse!??!

Thx for the help anyways im only waiting for the seniors to help me out who came across this problem who also gave me the link im just confuse and lost.
It wouldn't hurt you to read what they contain. But here it is:

The only difference between real alternative 1.49 and real alternative 1.49 lite is that the former has media player classic 6.4.9.0 included. So if you choose the non-lite version, then you don't need to download media player classic separately.

As for media player classic, rev. 611 is just an update on the regular 6.4.9.0, but it's only available on windows 2000/xp systems. With the regular 6.4.9.0, you have a choice of 2000/xp or 9x/me.

I believe the regular version of media player classic 6.4.9.0 is the one that's included with real alternative 1.49.

So, just choose which setup you prefer. Oh, and those miirrors for the real alternative download links just mean they're an alternative link to download the same thing. So really there's only two versions of real alternative provided, lite and non-lite.
Old 2006-08-12, 22:24   Link #15
toru310

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
It wouldn't hurt you to read what they contain. But here it is:

The only difference between real alternative 1.49 and real alternative 1.49 lite is that the former has media player classic 6.4.9.0 included. So if you choose the non-lite version, then you don't need to download media player classic separately.

As for media player classic, rev. 611 is just an update on the regular 6.4.9.0, but it's only available on windows 2000/xp systems. With the regular 6.4.9.0, you have a choice of 2000/xp or 9x/me.

I believe the regular version of media player classic 6.4.9.0 is the one that's included with real alternative 1.49.

So, just choose which setup you prefer. Oh, and those miirrors for the real alternative download links just mean they're an alternative link to download the same thing. So really there's only two versions of real alternative provided, lite and non-lite.
So if i download real media player classic 6.4.9.0 theres no need to download real alternative and i can play rmvb files???
Old 2006-08-12, 22:39   Link #16
toru310

Quote:
So if i download real media player classic 6.4.9.0 theres no need to download real alternative and i can play rmvb files???
Wow so media player classic is not an installer???! never knew that..

Oh no its asking for codecs i should download real aterantive????
Old 2006-08-12, 22:41   Link #17
toru310

So basically if i download real alternative non lite version there a free media player classic inside????
Old 2006-08-12, 22:51   Link #18
checkers
Part 8
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to checkers
yes, but don't install two copies of media player classic (you can choose not to install it when you run the installer)
Old 2006-08-12, 22:51   Link #19
monster

Nevermind, looks like you got it already.
Old 2006-08-13, 01:02   Link #20
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

An alternative method is to download Mplayer, then install all essential codecs for it so you can run anything on it.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?