AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-17, 07:37   Link #2421
ookamigirl

Genthru and his crew collecting cards.
Those guys are really keen on getting all of them fast.
Gon and Killua are collecting cards pretty vigorously as well.
Their tactics to swap Leave cards for the ones they need is a good idea.
It was nice of them to save those villagers and profitable too.
Teaming up to get Patch of Shore, hope it will be a smart thing.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 12:46   Link #2422
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salce View Post
But you're comparing it with series that have one or two cour fixed since the begining.
For those series, finishing without adapting all the original source is normal and planned, and getting a second season is good news.

But Hunter x Hunter is a long running series. If it stops being on TV, those are bad news. Even if it gets more episodes in a year.

If it ends now, it would be like the ending of Katekyo Hitman Reborn or Bleach, which got canceled.
Not necessarily, Kinnikuman went through two filler arcs and then stopped in 1986 then came back in 1991 adapting the final arc.

But then again, you got Reborn and BLEACH, as well as Rurouni Kenshin... and Dragon Quest: Dai's Great Adventures that were left without conclusion...
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 13:02   Link #2423
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Bleach was canceled? lol I've been behind the times.

Anyway, it wouldn't be like that. It would just be running out of its timeslot.

As or the episode, wow bouncy lady sure is bouncy.

I'm looking forward to the next episode though.

Our main party encounters Razor, who, if you were paying attention, is both a Game Master and a Boss.

Last edited by Dengar; 2013-02-17 at 15:56.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 15:45   Link #2424
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow what luck that they had a party of 15 to trigger the event. So Razor appears again, wonder if Gon will be able to talk to him. That preview Hisoka!
Old 2013-02-17, 16:00   Link #2425
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

While it's not like luck isn't involved, it seems the game is designed in such a way that eventually people start teaming up into larger and larger groups as the game is about to end and figure out the secret.

Remember, this big huge teamup happened because a smaller group somewhere else got close to beating the game.
Old 2013-02-17, 20:00   Link #2426
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
Not necessarily, Kinnikuman went through two filler arcs and then stopped in 1986 then came back in 1991 adapting the final arc.

But then again, you got Reborn and BLEACH, as well as Rurouni Kenshin... and Dragon Quest: Dai's Great Adventures that were left without conclusion...
The issue here is that H x H is doing superbly right now - they're looking for more ways to expose it, not less. The idea of hiatus or cancellation with so much manga left unadapted - especially as it's the parts that were left out before - makes no sense from a purely commercial standpoint.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 02:44   Link #2427
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

No one's saying that wouldn't be the smart thing to do, but this is TV Networks we're talking about.
Old 2013-02-18, 02:46   Link #2428
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The issue here is that H x H is doing superbly right now - they're looking for more ways to expose it, not less. The idea of hiatus or cancellation with so much manga left unadapted - especially as it's the parts that were left out before - makes no sense from a purely commercial standpoint.
But what better way to give anime watchers the manga experience than to go on hiatus all the time?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 02:59   Link #2429
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I've ever watch is what I can see from this version (2011)? Or I have to watch those before?
Old 2013-02-18, 03:19   Link #2430
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I will say this though: It's nearly impossible to animate the next arc on the morning.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 09:27   Link #2431
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Ya the brutality level of this show is going to seriously rise by a lot once Greed Islands story arc is over. It's hard to imagine them airing those during little kid airtime.

Either way, they will seriously censor the violence or they will move the airtime. Neither of those seems like something that would make for a joyous "big announcement". So color me curious.
Old 2013-02-18, 10:20   Link #2432
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

We got pierced female nipples on the sunday morning slot of the anime of another network, wich if you compare with what you get in late night anime, really makes you wonder to what point tv anime has changed to promote disk sales instead of comply to regulations, like i said, personally i would love a more faithfully adapted HxH, but its hard to see them leaving kids as they target audience changing the timeslot for it.
Old 2013-02-18, 11:24   Link #2433
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
I will say this though: It's nearly impossible to animate the next arc on the morning.
It's fine really. Just apply some basic sensor techniques here and there and you're golden. If you feel differently, feel free to PM me an example that you think might change my opinion.
Old 2013-02-20, 02:45   Link #2434
Articalys

According to Manga News, that teaser last week was for this week's announcement that the Chimera Ant arc will start in the anime on April 21.
Articalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 03:58   Link #2435
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articalys View Post
According to Manga News, that teaser last week was for this week's announcement that the Chimera Ant arc will start in the anime on April 21.
How is that big news? Mind you, it means a few extra eps for Greed Island, so I wouldn't mind.
Old 2013-02-20, 03:59   Link #2436
garbage

Chimera Arc really ?! yeah! that's what I'm waiting for something new in the anime versions ^^

well it is big news HxH fans have been waiting years for the story to continue in anime form, i think they will put in some filler episodes then before going to Chimera right?
Old 2013-02-20, 04:56   Link #2437
HybridBloodsZak

Gonna be interesting to see how Madhouse adapts this arc for a Sunday morning slot. They did Yorknew justice so I'm optimistic. Right now I'm just looking forward to seeing Greed Island finish with the best parts of the arc coming

Hope anime only viewers are ready for a complete 180 tone wise again.
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 06:39   Link #2438
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
Chimera Arc really ?! yeah! that's what I'm waiting for something new in the anime versions ^^

well it is big news HxH fans have been waiting years for the story to continue in anime form, i think they will put in some filler episodes then before going to Chimera right?
I hope not. It seems as if GI has been paced pretty briskly so far - if they're not going to open the next cour with Chimera, why use filler - just let the rest of Greed Island stretch its legs a little more.
Old 2013-02-20, 07:20   Link #2439
Marower

I cannot express how happy I am right now \o/

But how will Madhouse handle it? It needs to be brutal to be effective, but considering censoring... I'm really curious.

Marower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 07:55   Link #2440
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

York Shin wasn't exactly G-rated, either, and it managed just fine.

Tags
action, shounen