Others (please list) 83 13.54%
Lyle Dylandy x Anew Returner 78 12.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 613. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-08, 13:13   Link #741
wingzerosnuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Tell that to Lacus and Kira...
Heero and Relena, Domon and Rain, Garrod and Tifa, too. It's sort of consistent with the AUs.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 13:15   Link #742
wingzerosnuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post

Strictly speaking with regards to OPs though, Athrun X Cagalli kind of kills that theory, at least at the moment.
They're a secondary couple though. I meant the couple involving the lead.
Old 2009-03-08, 13:17   Link #743
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
They're a secondary couple though. I meant the couple involving the lead.
Kira and Lacus aren't the lead couple in Destiny though, at least in the context of Gundam franchise... In which case that would be Shinn X Stellar (in the first two GSD OPs), which didn't work out either.
Old 2009-03-08, 13:19   Link #744
Slick_rick

Quote:
If you're going back to the early UC period, which is an obvious inspiration for most of 00, then no. I guess post-90's though, yes.

Strictly speaking with regards to OPs though, Athrun X Cagalli kind of kills that theory, at least at the moment.
How so? They did end up together at the end of Seed. Not only that Sayla and Amuro ended up together at the end of MSG. Though they didn't stay together for reasons most likely due to her voice actors availability. Also Fa ended up with Kamille. And all the UC OVA sort of ended up together if they weren't dead. Nina most likely got back together with Kou.
Old 2009-03-08, 13:28   Link #745
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
How so? They did end up together at the end of Seed. Not only that Sayla and Amuro ended up together at the end of MSG. Though they didn't stay together for reasons most likely due to her voice actors availability. Also Fa ended up with Kamille. And all the UC OVA sort of ended up together if they weren't dead. Nina most likely got back together with Kou.
Not according to the material which came after the OVAs and the movie which states that Kou didn't take her back.
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 13:29   Link #746
wingzerosnuggles

Quote:
Kira and Lacus aren't the lead couple in Destiny though, at least in the context of Gundam franchise... In which case that would be Shinn X Stellar (in the first two GSD OPs), which didn't work out either.
She died but she got to admit she loved him first so it sorta worked. Stellar is then replaced by Lunamaria and we all know how that "worked."
Old 2009-03-08, 13:34   Link #747
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitsPunchSamurai View Post
Not according to the material which came after the OVAs and the movie which states that Kou didn't take her back.
Well Kou was always an idiot. He'd eventually come crawling back so it's all the same really.
Old 2009-03-08, 13:35   Link #748
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Well Kou was always an idiot. He'd eventually come crawling back so it's all the same really.
Honestly who would take Nina Purpleton back after what she did to him?
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 13:42   Link #749
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl

Quote:
Would you take her back?
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 13:43   Link #750
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitsPunchSamurai View Post
Honestly who would take Nina Purpleton back after what she did to him?
A smart man would. I thought what she did was pretty awesome. Most shows cop-out by making the person they don't want the main character to a fight a sibling but 0083 made it a ex-lover. I thought it was interesting twist. Most people could understand a sibling but would take offense to an ex-lover. But, of course that's ignoring that you would still care about the person and wouldn't want them to die just like a sibling. I don't think I'd like an Ex and my current fighting to the death. I'd probably try whatever I could to stop it too. I'd probably end up alone like her too but I'd still feel I she made the right choice. Her ending was fairly tragic in my mind.
Old 2009-03-08, 14:09   Link #751
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Also Fa ended up with Kamille.
But Fa didn't show up in the OPs... Only Four did. Would the female lead not show up in the OPs at all?

I guess she's the star of the ED though.
Old 2009-03-08, 15:03   Link #752
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Urgh no. In the Final Plus OP, they catch up each other hands; In Spe edition ending, he is wearing an Orb uniform.

Ops in Gundam speaks the truth. (And lol at Kira and Lacus. Their story is majorly through Ops )

WingZero : Lol I have a lot of HeeroRelena vibes with those two, but I guess that the problem is that Relena was kinda more active than Marina through the serie and more talkative when it comes to her feelings for the guy ("HEERO !"); However when it comes to Heero/Setsuna they are both affected by each girls in a similar way thus why I don't loose hope for them.
To conclude...Great post.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 15:19   Link #753
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Urgh no. In the Final Plus OP, they catch up each other hands; In Spe edition ending, he is wearing an Orb uniform.
Wait, you are trying to prove that something in an OP is canon because something in another OP shows it is?

The fact is nothing shows that Athrun and Cagalli has gotten back together again, and no, wearing an Orb uniform doesn't mean anything. He was wearing an Orb uniform through the last 15 episodes of Destiny too.
Old 2009-03-08, 15:36   Link #754
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
So, when a couple does not work your way, you want a person of the party to gets killed off? |DDDD;

To be honest, i am not surprised. MarinaxSetsuna interactions, felt they could develop potentially to something-romantic, but it was certainly not definite. It could just stay that way, two people from the same place, trying to understand each other.
And it is apparently the second. Did not see it as an elephant being pushed from the stairs.
Now, if there is {which i do not think there will be} FeldtxSetsuna, idk. But honest, i see this as a slim possibility. Very slim.
It's just that I'm at my limit here. GSD (Athrun x Cagalli got separate...kind of), Code Geass ('he' died), Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto (they got separate.), Chrono Crusade ('they died'), and many many many more couples that don't have happy endings TT_TT.

And Marina is so useless. (But I still love her.) Like I said before, what's the point of her in this show if she's not going to end up with Setsuna? F**k (yeah, it's the first time I cursed) the OPs and EDs. Sunrise is stupid enough to change the female (and male for GSD's case) lead because of the popularities. Let it be.

At least if Marina dies, we might see some reactions from Setsuna, and it might give him some huge impact. It can be my last wish for this couple's moment.

(Sorry guys, I'm being a b**ch and a jerk right now.)
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 15:50   Link #755
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
It's just that I'm at my limit here. GSD (Athrun x Cagalli got separate...kind of), Code Geass ('he' died), Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto (they got separate.), Chrono Crusade ('they died'), and many many many more couples that don't have happy endings TT_TT.

And Marina is so useless. (But I still love her.) Like I said before, what's the point of her in this show if she's not going to end up with Setsuna? F**k (yeah, it's the first time I cursed) the OPs and EDs. Sunrise is stupid enough to change the female (and male for GSD's case) lead because of the popularities. Let it be.

At least if Marina dies, we might see some reactions from Setsuna, and it might give him some huge impact. It can be my last wish for this couple's moment.

(Sorry guys, I'm being a b**ch and a jerk right now.)
Maybe not ending up with him? Why does it always have to be romance? Marina can somehow get Setsuna, probably a bit more than the others. They had this development of "reason to fight, might be something else." They want to understand each other, the letter from the finale of S1 was kind of the whole point.
It does not always have to be romantic sparkles, {even thought i will admit, that Sunrise, could avoid some "teasing"} two people within the same realm of understanding is quite enough.

And do you really consider that Setsuna of all people, could end up with Feldt because of popularity or something? They hardly interact {especially in S2, like at all} and they just had a "nice" moment. That's it. Do you really think, they will pull another AnewxLyle {that at least, served a purpose} in the span of 3 episodes, and make Setsuna another "Lyle"? Lol, not really.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 16:13   Link #756
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post

Maybe not ending up with him? Why does it always have to be romance? Marina can somehow get Setsuna, probably a bit more than the others. They had this development of "reason to fight, might be something else." They want to understand each other, the letter from the finale of S1 was kind of the whole point.
It does not always have to be romantic sparkles, {even thought i will admit, that Sunrise, could avoid some "teasing"} two people within the same realm of understanding is quite enough.

And do you really consider that Setsuna of all people, could end up with Feldt because of popularity or something? They hardly interact {especially in S2, like at all} and they just had a "nice" moment. That's it. Do you really think, they will pull another AnewxLyle {that at least, served a purpose} in the span of 3 episodes, and make Setsuna another "Lyle"? Lol, not really.
I'm more concern about the fact that it's 'Sunrise'. Unlike other companies, (or whatever you call it) they had done many unreasonable things in many anime before. 'Anything can happen in Sunrise.'

In GSD, at first Shinn and Lunamaria had this nice brother-sister kind of relationship, and then they ended up together. They (Sunrise or whoever) also stated that the only real romance relationship in GSD is Shinn x Lunamaria's. (I forgot what they said about Kira x Lacus But for Athrun x Cagalli, it was something like 'not understand each other'.) And it doesn't make any sense to me. (Or maybe I'm stupid.)
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 16:21   Link #757
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
I'm more concern about the fact that it's 'Sunrise'. Unlike other companies, (or whatever you call it) they had done many unreasonable things in many anime before. 'Anything can happen in Sunrise.'

In GSD, at first Shinn and Lunamaria had this nice brother-sister kind of relationship, and then they ended up together. They (Sunrise or whoever) also stated that the only real romance relationship in GSD is Shinn x Lunamaria's. (I forgot what they said about Kira x Lacus But for Athrun x Cagalli, it was something like 'not understand each other'.) And it doesn't make any sense to me. (Or maybe I'm stupid.)

I have not watched GSD much, so i can't really get what you saying, but this is off-topic anyway.

My point is, that "anything can happen" can't really apply here. We have to consider Setsuna's nature. If they want to add a last-time romance, pretty much out of nowhere, then they have to make an OOC Setsuna. At least, that is how i see it. {and i do not even mind Feldt x Setsuna, i just see blank-nothing on the horizon} It just seems, highly, very highly unlikely to happen according to me and the way the show goes. Like, near impossible.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 16:21   Link #758
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Wait, you are trying to prove that something in an OP is canon because something in another OP shows it is?

The fact is nothing shows that Athrun and Cagalli has gotten back together again, and no, wearing an Orb uniform doesn't mean anything. He was wearing an Orb uniform through the last 15 episodes of Destiny too.
Nope just pointing that this very example didn't deserve your point.

Now for Athrun, on Archangel everyone was wearing an Orb Uniform. But if at the very end, while even Kira is in Zaft, he is the only one wearing an Orb uniform while aside from Cagalli he has no reason to be there, I don't think it's wrong to do the a+b=c.

(And sorry for the off topic...)

Old 2009-03-08, 16:37   Link #759
Pathis87

like i said you people are overreacting , Feldt might develop a crush for him or something but so does Marina and we all know how he looks upon relationships besides it's sunrise they might give us an end where he and marina are together but not a couple yet . ALso due to the fact feldt and he had 0 build up or moments together prior to the flower scène it's just not done ... . Yes setsuna is still the gundam boy from s1 altough he matured ^^

ps : Marina got it bad tbh , she just needs to look out of the window into space and she goes : " setsuna" i think if you would count how many times she says his name during this 00 you would have filled a whole paper

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Pathis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 16:47   Link #760
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathis87 View Post
like i said you people are overreacting , Feldt might develop a crush for him or something but so does Marina and we all know how he looks upon relationships besides it's sunrise they might give us an end where he and marina are together but not a couple yet . ALso due to the fact feldt and he had 0 build up or moments together prior to the flower scène it's just not done ... . Yes setsuna is still the gundam boy from s1 altough he matured ^^

ps : Marina got it bad tbh , she just needs to look out of the window into space and she goes : " setsuna" i think if you would count how many times she says his name during this 00 you would have filled a whole paper

But...he breaks Marina's heart !

On a side note SetsunaxFeldt fanarts are blooming over the web O_o'