AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-01, 08:03   Link #721
Pathis87

I wish the ending is a Kotone or Akari chan ending , it would be so refreshing to see in these types of anime. But i don't think that will happen though. even Sumiyoshi is screwed as the female childhood friend. sigh.

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Pathis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 08:10   Link #722
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
though i wonder what they're going to do with the ending (3 episodes left?)

i have a gut feeling it's gonna be a harem ending seeing has how the anime jumps around a lot
Yeah, I don't see them tying it all up in such a short amount of time. Besides, this is primarily a comedy, not a romance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradF View Post
Yea I agree to a point its just hard to pin point at the moment. But most if not everyone within the anime knows Junpei likes Kaede. Also what you don't see often is a developed mutual relationship from the first starter episodes.
That is very true and is one thing I liked about the romance aspect here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
fairly obvious that they're doing Kana centric eps, then twins centric ep, then the last two will be dedicated to Kaede.
That sounds like a good plan to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
It probably isn't normal to wear under a school uniform, but this is their day off from school and everybody was wearing regular clothes in the beginning of the episode. Also, since it is snowing, layering up would probably be expected. Junpei and Kaede thought that they were going on a normal study session.
Oh yeah, they were wearing regular clothes and layering up is understandable. It makes a little more sense now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Ohhhh...yes.
Iam definitely checking her out.
hahaha, that is so typical of you.
Old 2009-12-01, 08:17   Link #723
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradF View Post
But most if not everyone within the anime knows Junpei likes Kaede. Also what you don't see often is a developed mutual relationship from the first starter episodes.
In addition, there are some further layers to the story. For example, Kaede is aware that Kana likes Junpei too, and that makes her always considerate in her actions.
So, there's rivalry between the girls in the sense that they fight for their objective, each one with her own ways, but there's also chivalry, as in no one is oblivious about someone's else feelings, as seen in most harem-ish anime around.

In this aspect Nyan Koi is very commendable, other than being genuinely fun.
Old 2009-12-01, 08:18   Link #724
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
usually the childhood friend does win. in fact, i usually ship the childhood friend. but this time, i just don't like Kana's design.
Thats a negative my friend childhood rarely wins. Usually, the protagonist has a crush on someone else and the childhood friend has a crush on him.
Old 2009-12-01, 08:28   Link #725
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
In addition, there are some further layers to the story. For example, Kaede is aware that Kana likes Junpei too, and that makes her always considerate in her actions.
So, there's rivalry between the girls in the sense that they fight for their objective, each one with her own ways, but there's also chivalry, as in no one is oblivious about someone's else feelings, as seen in most harem-ish anime around.

In this aspect Nyan Koi is very commendable, other than being genuinely fun.
Yeah, all that too! lol. If this was a strict romance, it would still kick ass. Not sure which one I'd want to see more though since this can be really really funny sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Thats a negative my friend childhood rarely wins. Usually, the protagonist has a crush on someone else and the childhood friend has a crush on him.
I agree with your there. Its always an unrequited love with the childhood friends. I am glad there is no "nee-chan" or "nii-chan" stuff though.
Old 2009-12-01, 08:46   Link #726
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
hahaha, that is so typical of you.
lol. You know me.
Old 2009-12-01, 09:52   Link #727
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
& Nagi-chan's oppai
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 09:54   Link #728
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
LOL, don't let me whip up my list again (and derail the thread at that) to show the falsity of that statement....

And here I thought I stamped out that myth in this forums already.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 12:16   Link #729
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
LOL, don't let me whip up my list again (and derail the thread at that) to show the falsity of that statement....

And here I thought I stamped out that myth in this forums already.
I remember that list and please dont remember what happen last time everyone bought out a list to disprove one another it was a mess lol.

so lets try this back in the 80's and early 90's i noticed more childhood friends ended up together at the end of a series. However over the past 8 to 10 years iv notice the trend changing yes there are plenty of series where it is the opposite but they are becoming a rarity.

As much as i would wish it for this series i hold very little hope for Kana to win this, also, someone else already pointed it out but Kana's womanly body is actually a handicap for her. Doesn't mean i wont be sacrificing small animals to the anime gods in the mean time to improve her chances lol.
Old 2009-12-01, 12:22   Link #730
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Childhood friends are winning usually in romance-focused animes. Though they're rather lopsided in harems. About usually 40% of the childhood friends win there. But seriously. Why would the statistics matter much?
The orientation of development is the thing that matters. And as Kaede falls more and more for Junpei, Kana's chances are grow more and more slimmer. The thing which matters who has more development with the main and who isn't. Though this is rather balanced in Nyankoi...
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 12:28   Link #731
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
I remember that list and please dont remember what happen last time everyone bought out a list to disprove one another it was a mess lol.
Yeah right. No one EVER brought out a list to disprove it, and I've brought it up in at least 3 shows over the years already.

Why no one brought out a list in all this time? Simple is because they can't, since I practically listed every show since 2000 in where the childhood friend even so much appears. And the numbers are so overwhelming (at least 2:1 win/loss ratio in favour of the childhood friend, with at least 50 shows listed) that no one can muster up any sort of support in where the childhood friend rarely wins. >_>
Old 2009-12-01, 12:32   Link #732
Nosauz

There's really nothing wrong with Osana najimi's really, I just find Junpei to be rather shallow. K, girl drops from tree into your lap, WTF, you fall in love... it's just a ridiculous premise. Where as man kanako definitely is someone more interesting than kaede. Even though I kinda like all the "heroines" and secretly wish this was an eroge, I still have to put my stamp of approval to Miko twins... I mean one tsundere, and they moonlight as mahou shoujos you really can't top that.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 12:42   Link #733
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
There's really nothing wrong with Osana najimi's really, I just find Junpei to be rather shallow. K, girl drops from tree into your lap, WTF, you fall in love... it's just a ridiculous premise.
I don't see what's wrong with falling in love at first sight.
Old 2009-12-01, 12:56   Link #734
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Quote:
There's really nothing wrong with Osana najimi's really, I just find Junpei to be rather shallow. K, girl drops from tree into your lap, WTF, you fall in love... it's just a ridiculous premise. Where as man kanako definitely is someone more interesting than kaede. Even though I kinda like all the "heroines" and secretly wish this was an eroge, I still have to put my stamp of approval to Miko twins... I mean one tsundere, and they moonlight as mahou shoujos you really can't top that.
You know love is often comes without a good reason. And also he didn't fall for her because of the thing with the cats. He's fallen for her because she's about the only nice and non-scary girl she knows of. And also because Kaede is cute beyond any reason. As it was shown Kaede is the kind of girl for whom almost everyone would fall. She's extremely good natured, though clumsy sometimes and really energetic.
Kanako is interesting because of her unrequited love. She's extremely violent and acts without thinking. She also can't control her emotions and jump to conclusions a way too fast.(and keeps a grudge up a for really shallow reason). Also she's the one cares about Junpei the most as she's the one most seriously in love with him. Perhaps Kaede worries about Junpei too, but she still keeps her distance somehow. Also because of her airheadedness we hardly seen her being serious and I think you meant that as shallow or uninteresting. But I think as she falls for Junpei more she starts to become more serious as a character. I also while Junpei's relation with Kanako worked as an inhibition before later it would act as a cathalyst to develop Kaede's feelings...perhaps we'll only see that if somehow they decide to make a second season
Old 2009-12-01, 12:58   Link #735
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Yeah right. No one EVER brought out a list to disprove it, and I've brought it up in at least 3 shows over the years already.

Why no one brought out a list in all this time? Simple is because they can't, since I practically listed every show since 2000 in where the childhood friend even so much appears. And the numbers are so overwhelming (at least 2:1 win/loss ratio in favour of the childhood friend, with at least 50 shows listed) that no one can muster up any sort of support in where the childhood friend rarely wins. >_>
Do you have the link to that thread i cant find it.
Quote:
Im not understanding what your problem is. Are you unhappy with love at first sight or just unhappy about how its been implemented.
Old 2009-12-01, 13:00   Link #736
Nosauz

meh, you may "fall in love on first sight" but it's still naturally unrealistic. It does happen but even if thats the case it's still somewhat shallow. I'm not saying it does not happen, but in a day where half of marriages end in divorce it seems that these, ZOMG i'm in love love stories just don't really mean "true" love. But then again I'm a hopeless romantic who likes em Tsun tsun more than just the straight dere dere.
Old 2009-12-01, 13:06   Link #737
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Then it's only a matter of your preference...
Tsunderes actually not the classical "true love" you know. Though with tsundere heroines we can avoid the mass of fluffy developments and making it more interestic/comedic.
Junpei likes Kaede because she's cute, good-natured, well-manered, great at sports and etc...I think he has an extreme crush.
Perhaps it isn't "true love" but actually it is extremely rare in animes. They usually end it when the two gets together and it's actually just the beginning of everything
Old 2009-12-01, 13:20   Link #738
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Childhood friends are winning usually in romance-focused animes. Though they're rather lopsided in harems. About usually 40% of the childhood friends win there.
Harem huh? Going by titles listed under harem in anidb by using search function --> harem at max weight --> search by english/japanese/japanese with english trascription. Haven't checked the years though, but I'm pretty sure they're year 2000+.

= draw, no winner(even so much as being hinted at), or no male/female childhood friend pairing present
x loss
o win

Spoiler for Yeah MAJOR spoilers:

6 wins, 4 losses, 15 draws. 3:2 win/loss ratio from this sample.

Obiously, there are a number of shows that a lot of people would consider Harem that isn't listed in anidb (To Heart 2 comes to mind, even Nyan Koi isn't listed as harem in anidb), but that should be a reasonable sample.

I could of course run through my entire list from year 2000 and cross out the shows I don't consider harem, if anyone wants a bigger picture. Don't think it would change things much.

Quote:
But seriously. Why would the statistics matter much?
I personally could care less about the actual statistics. What I care about is people perpetuating the myth that osananajimi rarely wins in anime, when the opposite is the truth. This really IRKS me since the entire reason why I watch anime (and not western shows) is BECAUSE the childhood friend wins more often than not.

As for Nyan Koi, to be honest we won't see the end pairing animated, nor would they even hint so much considering the source material is still ongoing.

EDIT:
@Sinestra
Stay tuned later on, and I'll update the list. Latest version only has shows till 2007, I'll update it for 2008.
Old 2009-12-01, 13:53   Link #739
Nosauz

@Sinestra
More so about how it's being implemented. Considering that Junpei does go to school with this girl, he's gotta have some other motivations for being sooo infatuated that he's blind to all affection other than hers. It's more his dense nature much like natsuru who drives me nuts. It's ok to be a romanctic and love the notion of love at first sight, but to be so clueless to the other peoples interactions with you just seem pretty far fetched and pretty much make him out to be a dense idiot. Not only is he dense, but in terms of enlightment view his good deeds, he might as well revert back to a bug in his next life...
Old 2009-12-01, 13:56   Link #740
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

@ DragoonKain3: I think you should make a thread for talking about that stuff, seriously. Put it in the General Anime forum and put a spoiler warning cause this obviously will be a spoilerful discussion. And if you can mark each example with spoilers per series it would be great. I wanna read it but I'm scared, lol.

And love at first sight is very realistic - it happens all the time. Its just rare that anything would come of it.

And this will be either a harem end or Kaede end. I bet the anime will be harem since its so short and the manga Kaede.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, supernatural