Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-25, 00:31   Link #1561
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGeneral2000 View Post
Kiyosumi really should change their order and send out someone with better defense as Vanguard against Teru.
That's the thing. Right now, there's no evidence of any team actually changing order for any reason. Also, in Eps 25 to season 1 -- already previewed Tacos matched against Teru.

Can't go back on that now.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 00:34   Link #1562
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Kiyosumi really should change their order and send out someone with better defense as Vanguard against Teru.
You are unable to change the orders which you have already registered.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 00:41   Link #1563
XGeneral2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
You are unable to change the orders which you have already registered.
Ah, is that right? I didn't know your order was set for the entire tournament. Guess Yuuki's just gonna have to bite the bullet either way, then. And besides, as Kyuu mentioned, the Nationals preview in S1 showed Yuuki playing Teru. Let's hope whoever Rinkai(?) sends out can make up for Kuro and Yuuki.
XGeneral2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 00:47   Link #1564
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Ah, is that right? I didn't know your order was set for the entire tournament. Guess Yuuki's just gonna have to bite the bullet either way, then. And besides, as Kyuu mentioned, the Nationals preview in S1 showed Yuuki playing Teru. Let's hope whoever Rinkai(?) sends out can make up for Kuro and Yuuki.
Don't worry. Tacos is wearing a cape.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 03:25   Link #1565
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
OK, so I've finally got myself caught up in preparation for next week's final TV airing episode and I have to say...if I could, I'd plunge my hands through the computer screen and strangle the ever-living fuck out of Kuro. It doesn't matter if she's hoarding dora and making it difficult for Teru to score higher hands, she hasn't done SQUAT since the match started. At least Toki's risking life and limb (read: eyesight) putting a stopper to her winning streaks and Kirame's being an awesome bro for trying to keep everyone from hitting zero. WAKE UP KURO YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE DRAGON LORD. WOMAN UP AND BEAT DOWN DEATHWING--I MEAN TERU. Then you can get an awesome title like "Kuro the Dragonslayer" or "Kuro, Destroyer's End".
Don't hate Kuroooo ( ̄□ ̄;)!!. Matsumi Bank's pretty dry already with Teru cashing in like crazy.

Her bonds with her mother and sister are something that I like a lot; in fact, despite all the crazy staging and the excellent backstory for Senriyama in the past few episodes, Yuu's vow to defend her little sister is my favorite scene still. It's not Kuro's fault that she is not at monster level like Koromo where she can control the flow of the tiles so that nobody can meld their hands (,,#゚Д゚). Kuro's probably going to do :something: next episode to remind people that this is not ~Toki~ Senriyama-hen.

Speaking of MMO, this is like those weird situations where all your healers and dps (except 1) died and 2 tanks are just rotating cooldowns trying to stay alive to finish him off while the last dps barely has any HP left ... ( ´_ゝ`)
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 03:45   Link #1566
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Don't hate Kuroooo ( ̄□ ̄!!. Matsumi Bank's pretty dry already with Teru cashing in like crazy.

Her bonds with her mother and sister are something that I like a lot; in fact, despite all the crazy staging and the excellent backstory for Senriyama in the past few episodes, Yuu's vow to defend her little sister is my favorite scene still. It's not Kuro's fault that she is not at monster level like Koromo where she can control the flow of the tiles so that nobody can meld their hands (,,#゚Д゚). Kuro's probably going to do :something: next episode to remind people that this is not ~Toki~ Senriyama-hen.

Speaking of MMO, this is like those weird situations where all your healers and dps (except 1) died and 2 tanks are just rotating cooldowns trying to stay alive to finish him off while the last dps barely has any HP left ... ( ´_ゝ`)
Haha. Indeed, please don't hate on Kuro. She's the angel of the Achiga mahjong club; the gentle maiden who waited 2 years cleaning a defunct mahjong clubroom out of faith that one day she and her friends would play together again. Take a look at this blogpost, which I stumbled across in one of /a/'s Saki threads:

http://yaranakya.wordpress.com/2012/...-matsumi-kuro/

However much Kuro might be struggling in the fight against Teru right now I think we should remember the kindness at the heart of her character.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 04:32   Link #1567
Scarletknive
Meister

When I saw the 4th wall broke, I thought of those Generation Break in SD Gundam G Generation World... Is it just my imagination?

One of Toki's lines, as Requiem said, really punched AGE Watchers in their gut, but also hit their head... For what happen to the person who said the same quote. *Punched*

The title... "Promise" did not state anything much... But then the part when she is falling... NO! Setsuna, Trans-am Burst please!
Old 2012-06-25, 04:37   Link #1568
Qilin
Romanticist

If there was anyone here who didn't get pumped up watching that tense cliffhanger, I'd be very much surprised.

This episode just demonstrates just why I'm enjoying the anime much more than the manga. Something about the music and voices makes their struggles all the more real for me, and the drama in that last scene was just pure, delicious candy. This is hands down the most emotionally engaging episode in the entire series for me so far, perhaps even for the entire season.

At this point in the series, it's kinda hard to not care about Senriyama, particularly Toki and Ryuuka. Of course, Teru will always be my favorite character in the entire spin-off for the sheer coolness factor she contributes to the, um, table. I still can't help but root for Toki in her efforts to topple the Champion's absolute reign, for, you know, that thing called catharsis.

Now, I can finally say that the anime viewers and manga readers are in the same boat (well, almost). Very little can be said about what might happen next, but I will most certainly enjoy waiting for the next week's episode alongside everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Haha. Indeed, please don't hate on Kuro. She's the angel of the Achiga mahjong club; the gentle maiden who waited 2 years cleaning a defunct mahjong clubroom out of faith that one day she and her friends would play together again. Take a look at this blogpost, which I stumbled across in one of /a/'s Saki threads:

However much Kuro might be struggling in the fight against Teru right now I think we should remember the kindness at the heart of her character.
While I can sympathize with all the Kuro haters out there for the passive role she's had on the match so far, such feelings are mostly undeserved on her part.

To add to this, the only reason that Kirame and Toki were able to work together so well against Teru was because of Toki's foresight ability. Without Toki, such a tactic would be difficult, if not nearly impossible. Also, Kirame was only able to go on the offensive because her hand wasn't bound in the same was Kuro was. People act like the game would turn out that much better if Kuro could somehow magically discard the dora. In reality, that would only make waits on the dora much more reasonable on the part of Teru, and don't get me started on the bloodshed that would ensue if the dora were reintroduced to the table.

All that said, if there is a proper dramatic moment for Kuro to start discarding dora, it would be next episode.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:40   Link #1569
JW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post

That's an interesting observation (and it's an anime-only thing, btw, she doesn't do it in the manga), but I'm not entirely convinced. Yuu also discards her tiles that way, and she was never involved with the children's club.
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 04:43   Link #1570
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
That's an interesting observation (and it's an anime-only thing, btw, she doesn't do it in the manga), but I'm not entirely convinced. Yuu also discards her tiles that way, and she was never involved with the children's club.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that she might have picked it up from Kuro in the first place.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:44   Link #1571
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
To add to this, the only reason that Kirame and Toki were able to work together so well against Teru was because of Toki's foresight ability. Without Toki, such a tactic would be difficult, if not nearly impossible. Also, Kirame was only able to go on the offensive because her hand wasn't bound in the same was Kuro was. People act like the game would turn out that much better if Kuro could somehow magically discard the dora. In reality, that would only make waits on the dora much more reasonable on the part of Teru, and don't get me started on the bloodshed that would ensue if the dora were reintroduced to the table.

All that said, if there is a proper dramatic moment for Kuro to start discarding dora, it would be next episode.
Dora discards will cause Teru to totally falter as she riichi, hoping to get ONLY ura dora(She knew normal doras are hard to pick on.). But note this, discarding doras will also totally backfire's Kuro's ability. If the ability is UPGRADED, She can discard dora at her own will, and still be able to get back new doras.(Though this is the true reason why the skill will backfire, discard a dora and get back the same dora is abit... =.=)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post

Spoiler for The promise at the end of it all:

And in case someone wants there

Spoiler for "I have no regrets, this is the only path":

By the way, any other AGE watchers here felt punched in the gut with one of Toki's lines? I sure did.
Spoiler for The worst DEATH flag of them all:
Requoting this...

Spoiler for Answering 3 spoilers in 1 shot.:

Oh. And fix'd for you.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:51   Link #1572
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Dora discards will cause Teru to totally falter as she riichi, hoping to get ONLY ura dora(She knew normal doras are hard to pick on.). But note this, discarding doras will also totally backfire's Kuro's ability. If the ability is UPGRADED, She can discard dora at her own will, and still be able to get back new doras.(Though this is the true reason why the skill will backfire, discard a dora and get back the same dora is abit... =.=)
But that's the thing. Kuro has to time her dora discards well because doing so would negate her ability for a while, thus, reintroducing the dora into the table, which is something to be avoided in Teru's presence. Even if she survives one game, the next ones will only be harder to stop.

The only way out of this hole is probably a power-up that somehow allows her to discard her dora freely, but it's way too late for that kind of upgrade since it's the last hand (and anyone else winning will end the game).
Old 2012-06-25, 04:57   Link #1573
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
But that's the thing. Kuro has to time her dora discards well because doing so would negate her ability for a while, thus, reintroducing the dora into the table, which is something to be avoided in Teru's presence. Even if she survives one game, the next ones will only be harder to stop.

The only way out of this hole is probably a power-up that somehow allows her to discard her dora freely, but it's way too late for that kind of upgrade since it's the last hand (and anyone else winning will end the game).
Note: when Kuro discards a dora, the skill will backfire for a long time.

Not really, the upgrade will go on if they make it to the finals, which will make Teru's consecutive win skill backfire heavily. However, if they discarding a dora makes her hand making more sense, she can win. Thats the basics of the skill.
Old 2012-06-25, 05:02   Link #1574
kniteowl

Holy Sh*T

The last two episodes of Achiga were the best in the series so far, I thought that episode 10 was great but then episode 11 hits it out of the stratosphere.

Toki became my favourite character last episode, now she's cemented as one of my favourite badass characters of all time.

Triple... and she sees the pearly gates, just one more turn honey, survive one more turn, you're almost at the end, the trial is almost over... *dam cliff hangers*
Old 2012-06-25, 05:05   Link #1575
JW1

Quote:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that she might have picked it up from Kuro in the first place.
That's very possible, but I suspect it's probably something to do with the notion that the sisters' hands are easy to read.
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 05:07   Link #1576
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Note: when Kuro discards a dora, the skill will backfire for a long time.

Not really, the upgrade will go on if they make it to the finals, which will make Teru's consecutive win skill backfire heavily. However, if they discarding a dora makes her hand making more sense, she can win. Thats the basics of the skill.
That is exactly why I've been saying that the only conceivable time for Kuro to discard any dora in the current match is during the end of it, which is around this episode until the next.

Even if she somehow gained that ability in the finals, I don't see how it can cause Teru's skills to backfire. At most, it's just another risky weapon that can either win big or lose big. Such an upgrade would only convert her skill into an actual plus instead of being a handicap.
Old 2012-06-25, 05:13   Link #1577
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
That's very possible, but I suspect it's probably something to do with the notion that the sisters' hands are easy to read.
Easy to read, but unlike Kuro, Yuu's hands are actually quite hard to read...

-All mans are not safe.
-Chuns are not safe.
-5,7,9 sous are not safe.
-I can't tell pins... Since almost all of them have that colour...

Taking note of these, some tiles are actually not safe.

6 sou- closed wait.
8 sou- closed wait.

Btw, guys remember this?

Quote:
1. Pure skill
2. Newtypes
3. Dragon Road(Kuro. PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!)
4. Flit Asuno's rage.
5. Super Pilot
6. MARVELOUS!!(Kirame. MARVELOUS! I got OWNED.)
7. True Innovator(A.k.a Toki as shown in THE RECENT episode.)
8. NT-D
9. Kamille Thoughts
10. Kyuu
Taking out:
-coordinators
-Newtype Pressure

Put in:
Flit Asuno's rage...(Quote from one of Toki's lines.)

Changed: Innovators to True Innovator.(Toki, herself, 3 turns ahead.)

The answer will be shown to us... Which of the suggestions is the best suggestion to defeat Teru.(Don't know when, but high possibility is next week.)

Oh feel free to post some suggestions... We got to stop Teru's hellish renchan...

Added Kyuu for great killing of the mahjong fox player.
Old 2012-06-25, 05:51   Link #1578
kona~chan
ヘタレ

Quote:

The answer will be shown to us... Which of the suggestions is the best suggestion to defeat Teru.(Don't know when, but high possibility is next week.)

Oh feel free to post some suggestions... We got to stop Teru's hellish renchan...

Added Kyuu for great killing of the mahjong fox player.
imo what make teru unbeatable is her speed, she able to reach tenpai faster than anyone else (even faster than kirame and toki), that's why as long as you can't match her speed or stooping her from tenpai than forget about defeating her even survival is hard enough to do
thought you can try to forcing her goes riichi, make her into furiten or gathering all her winning tiles and then make a quad of it, or just make the round draw. but then again that's only able to stop her temporary not really a way to sealed her completely

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 06:08   Link #1579
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona~chan View Post
imo what make teru unbeatable is her speed, she able to reach tenpai faster than anyone else (even faster than kirame and toki), that's why as long as you can't match her speed or stooping her from tenpai than forget about defeating her even survival is hard enough to do
thought you can try to forcing her goes riichi, make her into furiten or gathering all her winning tiles and then make a quad of it, or just make the round draw. but then again that's only able to stop her temporary not really a way to sealed her completely
Stopping her from Tenpai is possible... You did have to be in tenpai faster than Teru.

Though a question since episode 10, Kuro's hand showed that she already has 3 9 man before Teru kans... Something is not gonna be pretty... Is it that Kuro's ability also applies to unrevealed kan dora?

Putting that as Pure skill... And I saw your sig... Mind if you can relate to who in the Gundam verse almost has the same phrase as Toki? (Though she is a true innovator...)
Old 2012-06-25, 06:59   Link #1580
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Imbedded videos makes my office browser scream in agony.
Flashblock is your friend.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri