AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2007-09-03, 03:18   Link #281
SeventhHS
Conceptual Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
It's almost exactly the same
Huh? No, it isn't. (Did you think Chewy was asking about Matsuribayashi? I'm pretty sure he/she is referring to the PS2 game.)

I haven't played my copy of Matsuri extensively, due to no modded PS2 / buggy emulator that freezes halfway through Onikakushi, but have listened to the OST that came with it. The music is by a circle of at least 8 composers called '5zizz', and varies widely in quality. The "happy town music" is quite good, the energetic music ranges from listenable to awful ("DEAD END Symphony" in particular makes my ears bleed), and the dramatic music isn't bad but doesn't have the same impact as dai's.

All told, it's not as good as Kai's soundtrack. The Japanese seem to think so as well, they're replacing the BGM of most Matsuri videos they upload with the original songs.

Incidentally, the music is the thing I'm most worried that the anime version of that climatic scene won't get right. I am really praying with all my heart that Kenji Kawai rearranged 虚 for the purpose (though it seems unlikely, since he hasn't paid the game music any heed prior to this.) It's an absolutely perfect song for the scene... so much that I tear up whenever it comes on my music player, just from the association.
SeventhHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 03:50   Link #282
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Most of the youtube & niconicodouga videos that are linked here are PS2 Matsuri game scenes with the soundtrack re-dubbed from the original doujin game. Why? Because most people prefer dai's music which fits much more into Higurashi's story, that's why!!

I would imagine the reason why you guys like these videos. Half of it is probably because of the music. Am I right?

Yes, Kawai Kenji's music in the anime is really good...but if you've played the game, you would know that half of what makes Higurashi great is because of dai's music. And most would say that out of all of dai's music in Higurashi, the music titled "YOU" is the most PERFECT soundtrack that creates a tear-jerking emotional response to such scenes.

Last edited by kj1980; 2007-09-03 at 04:02.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 07:59   Link #283
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I will agree with SevenHS: Matsuri soundtrack is "so-so". It is certainly fine/good with fun tracks, but some parts are dull, especially some "creep" tracks (for instance, the track used for Shion's phone call)
I think in some extent, the anime beats matsuri in that regard.

There is no doubt the original tracks by dai are simply overkill, not only because of their quality but also the timing and feelings literaly perfect for the scenes.

There are some weird exceptions, however. the most notable one is probably the "final" scene (the 皆殺し). 嘘 was... well, not exactly fitting the scene. (i may missed the point... long life to half ass google translation...)

however, prior and after this scene, it is just too good :
一重 was just... well, tear jearking? I believe i cursed a lot during this. gah.
YOU and conviction are absolutely great with everyone after "that". Despite their hope during this, it is bitter...
月(惨⇔賛)歌 by 風域 is perfect as well, demonstrating the mood ot "this person".

dang... it is a shame we don't got tracks as great as the actions / casual days...
Action : Search and Destroy, C-examination, Fearlness, You -destructive, assault_operations (damn for this one... hope "that character" will have their POWNAGE scene...)
Casual days : air plzz, daily passing by, what is wished, etc.

*sigh* hope they will pull something as good as YOU, thanks and being >_>

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-09-03 at 08:25.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 08:25   Link #284
MarthX

I'd still like see someone redub the entire first season with game music.
MarthX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 11:51   Link #285
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I think I might try that
Old 2007-09-03, 13:45   Link #286
SeventhHS
Conceptual Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
There are some weird exceptions, however. the most notable one is probably the "final" scene (the 皆殺し). 嘘 was... well, not exactly fitting the scene. (i may missed the point... long life to half ass google translation...)
I guess we disagree about that then. It's heroic-sounding music for a sad scene, yes... but at the same time, it can't be said they succumbed quietly and meekly to fate. I thought it really captured that theme which appears occasionally in Higurashi - don't give up, keep on fighting until the end, no matter how tragic it may be.

...Or are 虚 and 嘘 different songs? I bought a copy of 'yours' and one of the songs that plays during the final parts is listed as the former, so I thought that's what you're talking about.

dai is amazing, but one thing he could stand to improve at is naming songs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
I'd still like see someone redub the entire first season with game music.
That would be quite difficult. Matsuri is easy to redub because you can turn off the BGM but leave the vocals. You can't do that with anime.

Could try to redub the anime with both the original-game music and the Matsuri voices... but that'd just be nuts and probably have lipsync issues
Old 2007-09-03, 14:04   Link #287
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I gave up after working on it for 2 hours straight. Like Seventh said it's way too hard to Isolate the voices from the BGM in the anime
Old 2007-09-03, 14:08   Link #288
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhHS View Post
I guess we disagree about that then. It's heroic-sounding music for a sad scene, yes... but at the same time, it can't be said they succumbed quietly and meekly to fate. I thought it really captured that theme which appears occasionally in Higurashi - don't give up, keep on fighting until the end, no matter how tragic it may be.
I dunno... this song was really something weird. while it fit Rena, Shion and Rika, it gave me some weird vibes for Mion and Satoko.

Not exactly heroic, it is hard to tell...

But i must admit, the more i "watch" the final scene with 嘘, the more it is growing on me. But it is really weird to me, for Mion >_>
I think it is a big contrast considering what happened before with the almighty 一重.

Guess i will try either 虚 or 嘘 with the anime version.

Quote:
...Or are 虚 and 嘘 different songs? I bought a copy of 'yours' and one of the songs that plays during the final parts is listed as the former, so I thought that's what you're talking about.
No they are the "same", though 虚 is a remix of 嘘, as expected from yours album.
Quote:
dai is amazing, but one thing he could stand to improve at is naming songs
I believe the simplicity of his track names were nice. (feel, live and being are really matching well)

Quote:
That would be quite difficult. Matsuri is easy to redub because you can turn off the BGM but leave the vocals. You can't do that with anime.
I agree... The "stunt" is possible if the anime BGM is very quiet (like the bland and tasteless one for hell and Heaven fight). But on some cases, it is completely impossible.
I'm just wondering if it is possible to get only the "voices" track with DVD, since they are using several "channels" for the language... or do the voices are "hard merged" with the BGM?
Quote:
Could try to redub the anime with both the original-game music and the Matsuri voices... but that'd just be nuts and probably have lipsync issues
I think it would be much harder and less effective than the smply "overlap" ^^"
Old 2007-09-05, 02:19   Link #289
Najica

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
1. There are torrents for the Japanese ones, but it'll take a bit of digging to find them. The games themselves aren't available outside of Japan
2. Daybreak and it's expansion Daybreak Kai are the only ones I know of (not counting the series itself)
Onikakushi-hen
Watanagashi-hen
Tatarigoroshi-hen
Himatsubushi-hen
Meakashi-hen
Tsumihoroboshi-hen
Meakashi-hen
Matsuribayashi-hen
oh, thanks for answering me and if they are japanese<-(the games) (i don't know japanese :P ) i don't know if its any god to play them, since i wont get the story or anything :x

And i'll check out those 2 sites you said MrZombie ^.^
Najica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 16:04   Link #290
Fychan

Send a message via MSN to Fychan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najica View Post
oh, thanks for answering me and if they are japanese<-(the games) (i don't know japanese :P ) i don't know if its any god to play them, since i wont get the story or anything :x

And i'll check out those 2 sites you said MrZombie ^.^
The games are in japanese, but there are some people doing translations for some chapters. However, only for the last ones, while the first chapter has only 3 chapters translated...

But if you REALLY want to play, you could try to learn some japanese from it^^'' Although it may be very hard, it's worth it(both for the game and what you'll learn)
Old 2007-09-06, 04:54   Link #291
Najica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fychan View Post
The games are in japanese, but there are some people doing translations for some chapters. However, only for the last ones, while the first chapter has only 3 chapters translated...

But if you REALLY want to play, you could try to learn some japanese from it^^'' Although it may be very hard, it's worth it(both for the game and what you'll learn)
Yeah, thats true ^.^ I have this "lets learn japanese basic" stuff on my comp but i just "puch" it away while thinking "meh~ i'll do it later" xD Well, I guess i'll go game hunting for higurashi when som more chaps has been translated :P

[EDIT] Anyone that can tell me wich game this is? (i found this pic when i search form higurashi pics on photobucket) and its translated to0~
Spoiler:

if someone know where i can get this game i would be happy

(puted spoiler since i dunno how pic they are)
[EDIT2] err..found a link ^^u http://hinamizawaclub.com dunno how that works though >,<

Last edited by Najica; 2007-09-30 at 11:21. Reason: fixed
Old 2007-10-02, 21:37   Link #292
shionxmion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Creator View Post
i wanna know; if there is some kind of patch to play the game at least the first question; in english or if the game are gonna be released in the usa or europe
thanks a lot
its not going to be in america its a doujinshi game and doujinshi games are never put to americas release because they dont know about them, which i think is retarded XD
shionxmion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 21:42   Link #293
shionxmion

hello!i know for a fact that the higurashi game will never come out into america because ite doujinshi and america cant buy doujinshi games from the origonal people who made it..i know it sucks so if any of u ever get the game in japanese u will have to translate it and thats going to be fun isnt it?
shionxmion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 00:48   Link #294
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

najica: this is probably the chapter where Keiichi is asked to be the auction house animator, in Minagoroshi-hen.
Old 2007-10-03, 04:43   Link #295
GyroidFanatic

It's not because it's a doujin game (although that does bring up a few legal problems on it's own), it's because it's a visual novel.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 13:18   Link #296
Najica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
najica: this is probably the chapter where Keiichi is asked to be the auction house animator, in Minagoroshi-hen.
oh okay, thanks for the info, damn...i really gotta buy these visual novels some day xD
<- since i'm such a big "fan" og higurashi
Old 2007-12-09, 00:35   Link #297
Ichigo Milk

Higurashi Game~♥

Gah, I really want to play it but, it hasn't even made it to American yet D;
Does anyone know the release date?
Other then that discuss the game and/or anime ^^
Ichigo Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 04:26   Link #298
SeventhHS
Conceptual Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo Milk View Post
Gah, I really want to play it but, it hasn't even made it to American yet D;
Does anyone know the release date?
An American release isn't going to happen - unless some game publisher goes completely off the deep end and licenses the PS2 game. But some of us pestered the two publishers we thought were eccentric enough to do it (Atlus and Nippon Ichi) back when Matsuri first came out, and nothing came of it, so don't disappoint yourself fantasizing about such an unlikely event.

Your other option is the fan translations, which unfortunately are having a bumpy ride as well.
Old 2007-12-10, 18:11   Link #299
Khaos

Question

Can anyone tell me, if there is any patch for Higurashi Daybreak DX higher than 1.11? When playing Shion it sometimes freezes the computer so I have to reset.
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 00:22   Link #300
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
I gave up after working on it for 2 hours straight. Like Seventh said it's way too hard to Isolate the voices from the BGM in the anime
1. Get a copy of the soundtrack and save them as a wav file
2. Use an audio program to invert all the soundtrack's wav file
3. overlay them to their respective BGM used in the anime
4. BGM cancels out, leaving only the voices.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote