Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-08-16, 02:49   Link #81
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
He loves both, although he hasn't come to the conclusion yet. You know, I feel bad for HanaKana girls. I truly am... Most of them were doomed to get a red flag. For a goddess tier perfect girls? It's really sad. But this one, is really painful to watch.

I strongly believe the Yukari system is not entirely perfect, there could be some cases. Though rumors stated that by do so would lead to an unacceptable, detrimental consequences in the society, unless it was just Nisaka BS about that just to get his BFF. Personally, a sensible liberals wouldn't believe in that much to the face value.
The painful part about it is that the MC will likely choose Misaki over Lilina in the end, while the latter is actually a far better partner for him.
tbH at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Misaki suddenly goes School Days on the MC.
At least him choosing Misaki is the logical outcome if the story is supposed to have a proper morale to it.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-16, 03:54   Link #82
RDNexus

Who knows? There have been cases of stories where the MC didn't pick the first girl at the end...as far as I remember...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-16, 04:08   Link #83
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
The painful part about it is that the MC will likely choose Misaki over Lilina in the end, while the latter is actually a far better partner for him.
tbH at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Misaki suddenly goes School Days on the MC.
At least him choosing Misaki is the logical outcome if the story is supposed to have a proper morale to it.
As far as how love comes natural is concerned, for me, it's the other way around from what you think. I mean, I'm maybe critically skeptical of the Ministry's policy on handling the possible (uncommon cases) minorities' sociological welfare that felt the system don't sit quite well with them, doesn't mean I completely doubt the Yukari system's matchmaking methodology on finding an ideal partner (because it's already a Japan thing).

It's like placing couples into a whole new different world where everything looks & feels perfect in life. For me, a perfect utopian life is like migrated into the castle of blissful lies. It just don't sit well with me sometimes, especially when I said I don't believe in a perfect system. I suspect Yukari might feel the same as well, for literally being thrown into a pot of hot water when he had to make life decision.

But if he choose Misaki, I'm sure people would definitely mock him & the author with this remark (could be in a sarcastic tone) like:
"Congratulations, boy. You've finally did the impossible by going through the trouble of fighting for your childhood girl & give a middle finger to the status quo. Bravo, good for you... But at what cost?" "You've disappointed your family, you've ruined your arranged partner's family relationship, you've given yourself a tarnished reputation, you've spatted the system a bad name & ultimately forsaken your responsibility to the country's future over your selfish desires. All because of your one selfish decision, you're gonna regret much more miserably for eternity. You've messed up your own future, my friend. Because you've made a big mistake for this. All blame on you. And for this, you will live your life full of regrets & suffer a colossal consequences, you mark my words."

Screw this mockery, anyway. As much as I favor Yukari to be with Misaki, I hope he don't regret it if he had to follow his heart as what Motoi advised him.

Don't get me wrong. I do think both girls are perfect for him, while Lilina don't really mind to be a close friend of his either. Judging from her character, she look like she's eager to accept any kinds of outcomes. Either ways are fine for her.

For Misaki, though, because of Misaki's feeling still remain a mystery, being closer to Yukari maybe hurts him & herself both, but being distant from him hurts them both even more - especially if Yukari holds dear of his times with her were real, especially if both him & Misaki thought the love they found would be the real love that can last for eternity. For that, it'd end with Misaki finally found her place where she can be very close to him - yet feels eternally distant.

Though, as I already came across with the manga, the anime could end differently from the original. I cannot deny the possibility of Lilina ending. However, the possibility of Misaki ending also do exist, which I personally think it's more fitting for this drama story, but I hope it goes better for the manga. Either way, we'll see how this one goes.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-16, 04:24   Link #84
RDNexus

Given your latest posts, I have this question...
Has the Anime deviated from the Manga at any point?
Old 2017-08-16, 04:31   Link #85
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Given your latest posts, I have this question...
Has the Anime deviated from the Manga at any point?
Some of it, adding anime original materials & plots instead of the original. Sora no Otoshimono Forte, for example.

Even Infinite Stratos 2nd season derailed from the LN's story in the 2nd half.
Old 2017-08-16, 05:12   Link #86
RDNexus

I meant this story alone. If possible, could you reply to me in the Manga Thread or through PM?
Old 2017-08-16, 06:21   Link #87
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
I meant this story alone. If possible, could you reply to me in the Manga Thread or through PM?
Don't bother. I just go ahead & refer you through this link:
Koi to Uso manga thread
Old 2017-08-16, 06:52   Link #88
RDNexus

I think I've done that already...but gotta do it again. Thanks.
Old 2017-08-21, 01:22   Link #89
ArrowSmith

MC was kind of rapey in the opening scene.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 20:58   Link #90
Psyco Diver

I dunno who I want to ship for anymore, I want both girls to win
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-22, 10:14   Link #91
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Oh my god... This week's episode is really hitting me hard with Yukari getting more & more confused & Misaki despaired of her lucky streak miracles got nailed by the love drama establishment. That makes me wanna ship Yukari x Misaki even more with genuine sympathy, I frankly mean it. The agony feels so real, I know how it feels to have the pain of the person I loved has been taken from the moment I realized I fell in love. So... yeah. It hit my scar. Been there, done there, I guess.

Still, if Misaki really is his future wife, she'll be more than happy to enjoy life with Yukari. It would have been a heaven on earth, which, frankly, she deserves better.
Old 2017-08-22, 11:33   Link #92
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
I dunno who I want to ship for anymore, I want both girls to win
After this episode, I will stick with Misaki to the end. She's so kind and her love for Yukari is so strong. And her boobs are so big... but it's mostly because of her pure love I like her so much. Yeah.
Old 2017-08-22, 11:51   Link #93
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
After this episode, I will stick with Misaki to the end. She's so kind and her love for Yukari is so strong. And her boobs are so big... but it's mostly because of her pure love I like her so much. Yeah.
We're in this together, yeah?
Old 2017-08-22, 12:05   Link #94
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
We're in this together, yeah?
Yes, Misaki forever! I believe quite a few people are going to be moved by her speech.

I like Ririna too, but I feel a lot more sympathy for Misaki and the situation she's now finding herself in.
Old 2017-08-22, 12:13   Link #95
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm on the misaki ship as well. have been since ep 1 pretty much. to quote the #1 romance anime, Tsuki ga Kirei, "To have the person I love love me back; it seemed like a miracle." that's exactly what she and he are going through right now.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-22, 15:16   Link #96
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
This series tugs at my heart strings and, that is a feat within itself because i am not a very emotional person. But damnit seeing the actual love Mikaki has for Yukari put me in her camp. Its a shame because both girls are pretty damn cool but, i guess im just a sucker for those long shot romances. These two truly care about each other. What a shitty system to have in place. It would never work in the real world thank god.
Old 2017-08-22, 15:24   Link #97
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Not shipping anyone. Just here for the "DRAMA!!!"

As to which is better for Nejima, he has to understand the core question that Misaka stated, "What is love?". These are all teenagers with raging hormones. How much can you expect them to understand such a question. They definitely have desires.

With Misaka, it is showing the passion of desire where when it hits you, you can't help yourself. Misaka is struggling hard with it. Is this love? Or is this what we think of love is or desire that kind of passionate love?

With Ririna, it is showing a blossoming non-sexual desire arising from growing mutual understanding. Being around Ririna, Nejima is experiencing a relationship of discovery and consideration. It is not a hot passion that drives one wild but a slow boil of fulfillment and satisfaction. Is this love? Or is this just deeper friendship?

In the real world, there are cases for both sides where the couples stay married and in love for either one of the two.

So, what is love? Is either a lie? Does preferring one over the other make one a love and the other a lie?

Can a plain vanilla, relatively boring with average (or below-average) smarts boy like Nejima figure this out and what he really wants? It's no wonder he is confused.

Then we have Nisaka. His love has a few burdens to bear:

1. His love for Nejima is one that is not in favour by that society in general and thus, he is keeping himself well closeted by keeping his relationships limited;
2. He has an unrequited love for Nejima that Nejima has no clue about as Nejima is not attuned to the love from the same gender; and
3. He has to watch and bear with the love attention that Nejima is getting that he knows he has no chance of.

Yet, why does he not cut himself off from Nejima? In part, just like Misaka, he can't help himself. He is keeping a better distance because he is living under those burdens. Then the question is, for Nisaka, is there a plce for him in this society? What does the Yukari system do for people like him? Counsel him to marry a girl out of duty instead of love?

There's only 4 episodes left. The anime definitely doesn't have time to sort all this out. It will either rush through it if it wants to do so and leave us all angry. Very likely, it will just leave us hanging at the end.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-22, 15:37   Link #98
nicky.
animesuki

This show is getting less interesting with each episode, for me.
nicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-22, 19:28   Link #99
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yes, Misaki forever! I believe quite a few people are going to be moved by her speech.

I like Ririna too, but I feel a lot more sympathy for Misaki and the situation she's now finding herself in.
Slightly more than you think. Because seeing her suffering like that is something we don't take it lightly - especially with the government's intervention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i'm on the misaki ship as well. have been since ep 1 pretty much. to quote the #1 romance anime, Tsuki ga Kirei, "To have the person I love love me back; it seemed like a miracle." that's exactly what she and he are going through right now.
Could be holding true by the longshot, if the story is handled well. Otherwise, the love confession from the start would become nothing & petty. Thus, the story would feel cheap to conclude the narrative with "the System is all perfect" while didn't risk something to prove it to be flawed. That only makes the "Three Wise Monkeys" thing look petty that rings hollow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
This series tugs at my heart strings and, that is a feat within itself because i am not a very emotional person. But damnit seeing the actual love Mikaki has for Yukari put me in her camp. Its a shame because both girls are pretty damn cool but, i guess im just a sucker for those long shot romances. These two truly care about each other. What a shitty system to have in place. It would never work in the real world thank god.
Reality is cruel sometimes...
Old 2017-08-22, 20:30   Link #100
Wandering Soul

I was honestly split on which girl to root for, but Misaka's speech about liking someone and the feeling you get when they notice you won me over. I do get the feeling that the series will go for Ririna though. Oh well, it wouldnot be the first time I choose an obviously sinking ship.