AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-08-06, 21:59   Link #141
BPD Renegade

Finding out about the condition of the rest of the farms was terrible, but unless they go on a genocidal crusade to either eradicate all the demons or turn them into the human equivalent of vegans (unlikely), there's not really much they can do about it. And when you put things into perspective, what the demons are doing with humans aren't much different from what humans do to obtain meat. Emma and the other children are basically the equivalent of pasture-raised products. All the other humans are mass-produced and so experience all the cruelty that comes with it. It's the same as the animal cruelty that occurs with factory farming.

At this point, people can idealize about liberating all the humans and giving even the ones in the mass-production farms agency by reconditioning them, but the fact is that the an agreement was made between the demons and humans, and so going on a shonuen-esque liberation crusade would not only be hypocritical but a breach of contract. The children shouldn't expect any help from the human half of the world.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 22:06   Link #142
Wandering Soul

I had a feeling that there was more to Sung Joo and his religion. It's not that he won't eat humans peroid, he just won't eat humans that aren't natural born. I guess that he means he prefers Kosher meals when it comes to humans.

Musica on the hand may actually be on the kids side. Sung Joo even implied that she has never eaten a human before.
Old 2017-08-19, 11:57   Link #143
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Musica is definitely good. She even gave Emma some tips on what she should do. I wonder what these seven walls are.

Disappointed Sung Joo turned out to have saved the kids because he's hoping for them to bring or "make" him new preys to hunt and eat in the future. I liked him.
Old 2017-08-19, 15:56   Link #144
Random14

I kind of wonder just how old he is, not sure if its been said before. Sounds like he was eating humans before the treaty was set up, and farm-raised humans aren't allowed and he can't reach the human world. Not surprised he turned out like that, this is a dark series (and he's literally willing to wait for their "natural" kids if necessary too).

I wonder more about Musica. She seems sincere so that makes me wonder more about her background- apparently they don't need to eat human flesh to survive, but was originally willing to sell them back to the plantation for a hefty reward.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 18:43   Link #145
amasposu

He wants dat free-range organic meat.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 12:02   Link #146
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The kids have arrived at their destination and discovered a bunker. Now what are Minerva (or whoever that guy is)'s plan for them?
Old 2017-09-03, 16:06   Link #147
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The guy in the bunker turned out to be a real dick. I suspect he's just testing the kids though. Either way, they're not going to walk away after everything they went through to get there.

He knew how many of them escaped the facility, so he must have a way to spy on the demon's communication.
Old 2017-09-08, 07:06   Link #148
Random14

Unfortunately it turns out that guy wasn't testing them, he's just crazy (though after what escapees have to go through, that's not surprising). That last page, though... even with how dark this manga is, that was really creepy. Or maybe its just me? This series is always good at having the cryptic next to childish doodles (which just makes it even more ominous).
Old 2017-09-09, 11:52   Link #149
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So he was just crazy after all. Not really surprising after losing all his friends and spending years alone. I think he might be turned into an ally, depending on what his full backstory is. I'm afraid he might have sold out some of his friends to survive.
Old 2017-09-10, 06:21   Link #150
James Rye

I'm glad the gun was real as was his madness. Shows that this world is not for humans to strive in, even a shelter does not protect them surely. The room with all the words, Liar, don't leave me, helphelphelp and ofc Poacher was awesomely scary. If I'd see such a room in a dark, lonely bunker I'd be scared outta my wits.
Old 2017-09-11, 01:55   Link #151
BPD Renegade

^ And judging by the other marks on the walls, it seems like someone (or multiple someones) was imprisoned in the room. There are scratch marks and bloodstains like someone was bashing their head against the wall or trying to get out and tally marks as if counting the days. If it was only the result of that guy's madness, the rest of the bunker should be in a similar state. Coupled with some of the words ("LIAR", and I think I can make out a "STAY WITH ME"), it seems like his group of escapees turned on each other after reaching the bunker, possibly imprisoning the weaker members and using them as sacrifices (barter? food? ). If this is the case, it would make the comrades' names on the wall even more unsettling; instead of the names being written in remembrance, it could be a constant reminder of the traitors instead. If we go down this route, I don't think I would be surprised if "poachers" on the wall is an accusation directed at the escapees' betrayal rather than the demons.

Of course this is all hypothetical, and it could be played straight that the room was actually used to confine those who went mad waiting for Minerva, with the comments directed at Minerva's supposed betrayal instead.

Another question I've had since last chapter is how long biscuits last. That guy claims to have escaped thirteen years ago. There's no way those fancy-looking biscuits or flour to make them could be edible after that long. He has to have had contact with someone.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 12:03   Link #152
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Slice of life chapter this week, with a cliffhanger at the end. Really nice facility Minerva got there.
Old 2017-09-14, 14:14   Link #153
amasposu

I feel like this series has gotten stale ever since they escaped. It feels like the suspense is gone. Maybe because they have plot armor now.
Old 2017-09-14, 17:17   Link #154
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's definitely less exciting than before, but I find it no less interesting.

I don't know about that plot armor. I think the kids are going to get a reality check sooner or later.
Old 2017-09-24, 12:33   Link #155
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

New quest initiated, but Ray and Emma needs to recruit their senpai before heading off. I wonder how they'll convince him.
Old 2017-09-24, 15:28   Link #156
Random14

They seem to have things in hand, as they don't seem surprised that he's popped up like that. I guess they were expecting him to escape. Now, they have to figure out how to negotiate with him. It'd be nice if he could tell them more stuff (like the "poachers"), but he's definitely not all there.

I wonder how their physical abilities are- they ran circles around Krone, but there are a lot more of them now than during tag (which could be a good or bad thing).
Old 2017-09-29, 11:46   Link #157
Wandering Soul

I was wondering how they were going to recruit Mr. No name, and their strategy wasn't bad. They tried to show him the benefits of helping them and that they won't be a strain on his resources, before just going "Oh, we'll also blow the place up if you don't help us".
Old 2017-09-29, 20:57   Link #158
Random14

I liked how friendly Emma was the entire time, even when she was basically making threats. I do wonder if they're just bluffing with the self-destruct, that Ray might not have actually fixed it up in time, but still, that takes guts, saying they'll just end things there if he doesn't cooperate.

I wonder how long their agreement will hold. They also need to come up with a nickname for him after that.
Old 2017-09-30, 13:07   Link #159
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was quite a bold move, and it fortunately worked. Nice observations from the kids regarding his physical fitness and the state of his boots. Their alliance is shaky right now, but if they can convert him, he'll become a precious ally.
Old 2017-10-10, 02:09   Link #160
amasposu

Chapter 58:

Spoiler for 58: