AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2011-12-24, 17:50   Link #121
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

To be honest, i always liked action animes. I loved animes like Yu Yu Hakusho, which provided only fights, with cool moves, cool characters, quite realistic combats (ye ok, there were some flame throwing whatsoever, but the characters were more human-like than dragonball or naruto chars). Since i named them, i ofc watched dbz, naruto and one piece (not all the episodes naturally; just when i happened to watch them in TV). I also had planned on watching Bleach, but it's too long and i'm not going to swim in 400 episodes. I also was appealed by death note because of those rational, logical and mindfucked characters, back then, but never tried it. They were trasmitting inuyasha and ranma 1/2 aswell, so i know those titles, but they never caught me much (Maybe ranma did, but was too old looking).

The thing is that those are all quite old animes, that casually got translated even in my language, and that's why i came to know them. I was never interested in japanese animation beyond the shows in TV. It's only recently that i happened to watch a romantic anime in TV that stimulated me to search some more, and more, and more... and then i came to know that i liked romance animes, and there it began the killing spree with all those titles. So yes, i like action, i love mutilation and other gruesome stuff like Hokuto no Ken or Berserk, but i don't like them much in a romance background for obvious reasons.

Tenjou Tenge just provided me the feeling of Yu Yu, adding the romance(that in Yu Yu hakusho was noticeable only the last episode lol), providing tits and some fanservice, and some funny moments aswell. It's just that, so don't think to come bringing me names of mainly-action-fight-combat oriented animes, because the romance is what i seek the most, especially when it goes beyond stupid stuff like hugs but gets more in the kissing and more.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 18:00   Link #122
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Yu Yu Hakusho is awesome, if for nothing else than the friendships and the fact it has the distinction of being one of the only anime that should never be watched in anything other than english dub XD

I haven't waded through all 7 pages to check if you've seen/been recommended these, but if you like action anime perhaps you'd enjoy Buso Renkin or Kaze no Stigma, both action/romance?
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 20:04   Link #123
Undertaker

In that case, you would probably love Air Gear and HSDK. Air Gear and Tenjou Tenge are created by the same mangaka. While it's not as explicit, it is a bit more perverted with more female characters. HSDK is a in a similar boat with plenty of girls and fan-serve to go along with great fights.
Old 2011-12-24, 23:07   Link #124
Soul Strike
Lurker

This thread is becoming a bit of a monster. I recommend updating the first post up to current.

I did a quick scan of all 7 pages and have a few possibilities for you.

5 centimeters per second ~ this is a film about relationships coming togather and growing apart over time. It's broken up into 3 parts in 3 different time frames. Its all drama without any ecchi in it though.

Asu no Yoichi ~ its a comedy/harem/ecchi. you might like it you might not. Personlly that combo of tags in anime has started to bleed them all togather for me.

Clannad ~ I dont think I saw this mentioned. Its not a ecchi, but its a good harem/drama with a second after story season.

Futakoi Alternative ~ This is semi-old but a good one if you want to mix it up with some silly/zany comedy with ecchi/harem elements. If you look this up make sure you have alternative in the title as there is a harem named just Futakoi for which its loosely based off of.

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sore ~ This is a short romance/drama. No ecchi in it. Its about 2 teens in a hospital that slowly hook up. It a bit sad at times. kinda touch and go, if you know what I mean.

I''s Pure ~ Another short romance/drama. Its an OVA series with short ecchi bonus' at the end of each episode. And the drama/story is good too.

Thats everything I got after a quick chary picking of my archive.
Soul Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 23:20   Link #125
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

@ Soul strike: Perhaps you are right, i shall rectify this issue as far as possible. Now, concerning the titles you gave me:
Asu no Yoichi: already watched
Clannad: checked, fround too slow paced and boring, dropped
Hanbun.... : didn't even check because it involved depressing stories, like people in coma or hospitalized for any hopeless disease.

Gotta check T cm per sec and It's pure.

Getting back to the topic

Finished watching the 24 episodes of Tenjou Tenge, and it left me a .... really bitter taste. From a cynical and objective point of view, it was awesome, just awesome. However, it just didn't go as i hoped, and i really felt bad for some characters.

It all started at school, fighting for the pleasure of doing it, preparing for a tournament (like in Yu Yu afterall: if you think about it, the goal was a tournament, and yusuke practised a lot to go beyond his level); the two guys, of whom Souichiro was the protagonist, join that club to practice and eventually get to fight those who were the bad guys, at that point of the story. It is shown some cool tecnique involving physical laws fucking, really awesome combats whatsoever. Untill that i was very pleased. Then it started with the past story, which basically overtook the main story. The ones who were the protaginsts got totally trashed, and replaced with better characters(the ones coming from the past tale). While assisting to what happened in the past, i started to like characters i hated at the beginning, and i also began hating characters that i found pleasant at the beginning. For instance, Mitsuomi had to be the bad guy, but after acknowledging his story, i could only sympatize with him. On the other side, i started disliking much Maya, and hated much her brother, whose death i lurked much.

The fact that the main story got overtaken by that past tale made me just expect too much from this anime; why so? simple: if what should just be a clarification of the anime takes over 15 episodes, you would expect that the main plot is way wider, but of course isn't. From episode 10 the story just changed, other protagonists made their entry, the first ones disappeared. Trying to rush that much the story at the last episode was just a waste. I found this anime really interesting, didn't bore me even one minute, but ruining it like this is just fucking retarded. Also, there is quite a confusion at the beginning, whether Masataka is the protagonist or not (and you discover later on being just an unlucky secondary character who gets officially trashed at the end) which made me wonder who i had to sub in. Anyways, the bitter taste comes from Souichiro: i really had thought that he would have ended up with Aya, for many reasons (She loved him, and he was reacting after being cheered by her. Later on he even happens to cheer her), still he took a like on the girl i hated and i felt shit for Aya.

The ending was just hopeless: trying to finish off a story in ten minutes, after having told the past tale just got no chance of being good. It indeed was disappointing. Somehow you get a fine ending, but it was really a waste.
-Favorite characters? Bunshichi and Mitsuomi.
-Hated characters? Shin and Maya, and their shit trash love relation.
-Useless/pointless characters? Souichiro and Bob: they started out being the protagonists, but ended up being useless weak shits. I thought the anime would have played about them getting better and in the end beating the crap out of anyone, but instead their training "stopped" and they remained shit.

Still, no anime had caught so much interest in me; it might be because the fighting was exciting and actually enjoyable, or because the graphic was a bit more recent and there wasn't old looking stuff, or because some characters were just cool, or because the plot directly involved as main cause the love between two. Deadly mix.

No matter how much i can trash talk this anime, i ended up making a textwall, and that's a sign i liked it. I now happen to know that there is a movie and two OAVs, and wanted to know if they directly continue the story after episode 24, or if they are parallel unlinked stories, or useless fanservice episodes, and in which order they come (First movie, then OVAs or viceversa?)
Old 2011-12-24, 23:38   Link #126
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
No matter how much i can trash talk this anime, i ended up making a textwall, and that's a sign i liked it. I now happen to know that there is a movie and two OAVs, and wanted to know if they directly continue the story after episode 24, or if they are parallel unlinked stories, or useless fanservice episodes, and in which order they come (First movie, then OVAs or viceversa?)
I recommend you watch The Past Chapter movie first since it told you about the past story of Maya and Mitsuomi. Then continue with the OVA. Still, if you aren’t satisfied with the anime, you can read the Manga source.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I gotta warn you though, the movie is, more or less, just a condensed form of the past story told in the original series. So, if you had enough with the past story, you can directly go watch the OVA.
Old 2011-12-25, 06:53   Link #127
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ah fuck this; i finished watching the OVAs, and i confirmed that souichiro likes maya. How sad i had taken a liking on Aya. But my opinion can't be affected by what i wanted. That's it. Still it sucked for me, especially because i hated maya. The anime is left unfinished, so i'll probably go read the manga. It was very enjoyable.
Old 2011-12-25, 09:09   Link #128
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Updated first post: you no longer need to go through 7 pages of textwalls now.

Now starting Air Gear

EDIT
Watched the first episode but hey, what the fuck is that girl? A bitch? Getting ass slapped by anyone, holy shit no. I'll give the second episode a try, hoping i misunderstood.

EDIT2
Arrived at episode 7, but i'm not liking how it is evolving. The male character might even be ok, but i find it retarded that he gain special abilities and can do cool stuff out of nowhere without even training. Moreover, i got that there is a triangle with his sister and the pink haired girl, but i'm liking less and less the latter for being easy. The action it provides is okay, but i don't like the rollerblade thingie.

I'm not in the mood to continue watching this anime, so i'll drop it temporarily.

I'm now going to try Ikkitousen, and confirm if the plot is horrible or if it can do.

EDIT3
It isn't that bad afterall. Ye actually i hoped that it was the guy who had monster powers, and not the girl. This way he's just a shitter who can't protect a fuck and can get only avenged. The amount of ecchi is quite good tho, but i don't like the idea of this dumbass girl who gets touched so easily by anyone. I barely see any light of romance in this anime, since the girl is just stupid and i don't think she will understand anything coming from the boy. Also i hope it doesn't turn into a reverse harem with sausage fest. Next is ep 5.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-12-25 at 14:03.
Old 2011-12-25, 15:31   Link #129
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, since I have time, I'm gonna recommend some more (some titles below may already been mentioned by other posters before):

Kannagi
Spoiler for pic & info:

Kimikiss Pure Rouge
Spoiler for pic & info:

White Album
Spoiler for pic & info:

Nagasarete Airantou
Spoiler for pic & info:

True Tears
Spoiler for pic & info:

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen/Trust & Betrayal
Spoiler for pic & info:

Busou Renkin
Spoiler for pic & info:

They might suit your taste. Sorry if you've seen some of them already.
Old 2011-12-25, 16:23   Link #130
Elegance

Ill second White Album, True Tears(loved this one), Samurai X Trust and Betrayal(Rurouni Kenshin) and Busou Renkin.
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 16:28   Link #131
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Holy shit, there is really nothing left. I watched anything by this time.

Dropped Ikkitousen: it was flooded with ecchiness, and that was good, but there was no romance at all and i just didn't like the characters: stupid girl that doesn't notice a flying fuck, yet is the strongest. Useless boy who can't do shit for said girl and just takes dicks. No romance if not some contort lesbian story. The art design and ecchi were totally fine, just the story and character's personalities sucked for my tastes.

Kannagi had been proposed, still i wasn't appealed by it due to the girl's aspect. There is nothing left to watch anyway, so i'll start watching it now.

Kimikiss pure rouge also was on the "To watch" list, but i had the impression that it was from the girl's pov, and not from the boy's pov. Also, i found only bad sound/video sync versions, but that shouldn't be an issue. If you make it clear whether the protagonist is a girl or a boy, i might watch it.

True tears had all the requirements, but i just didn't like that short haired girl in the background, and since i had the strong feeling that it would be her to end up with the male protagonist, for some reason, i skipped it to avoid such delusion. You of course can't spoil me "no worries, she'll get trashed" because it would just ruin it. The variety of choice is limited now tho, so i'll have to watch it.

White album: Look, i'm really not much in the japanese culture of Idols and otakus, and therefore i usually tend to skip these titles. But if the idols matter just serves as a background, and then the story purely evolves around the love relations between the girls and the boy, then it's fine. If it focuses too much on the idols, singing and other stuff, i'm most likely to drop it immediately.

True i said i was looking for romances, but i clearly stated the age of the protagonist aswell: out there there are countless romances between adults, but i'm just looking for teenagers stories. Also, feudal japan background is too serious and i don't really like its heavy tones.

I think i'll also skip the last title you named because i just don't like that girl (Or actually that shit she has on her face lol).

If you can make it clear about the first 4 titles tho, i would be pleased. Once again, main requirements are: Boy's point of view, Cute girls, Romance. I just would like to know if those titles fit these requirements, since i have some doubts. Thank you for suggesting.

PS, i'll skip Nagasarete because i need the romance element. If it's just a comedy with girls going crazy over the boy who turns out to be too much good natured and perhaps gay, then it won't do.

EDIT
I noticed they released the last episode of Ben-to, so i watched it. Actually, the ending disappointed me a bit because i was expecting some cool ultimate fight, but it still entertained me much. Quite original anime i gotta say, good characters, cool action, good music and graphic. I really liked it. There wasn't any romance (f you actually wanted to see it, it would have been between sato and the witch, but it was only satou's fantasy, so no romance) but i still enjoyed it much. I'd vote it 9.5, but i'd put it into another category, since it doesn't fit with the many romance animes i watched. Very pleasant show, thank you for having suggested it but still don't get me wrong: it's true that i liked it even tho there was no romance, but this was quite an exception because the anime overall was original and good. Missing romance in any other title would just be a fail for me.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-12-25 at 17:36.
Old 2011-12-25, 19:59   Link #132
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Concerning Kimikiss: don't worry, the main character is Kouichi Sanada (the boy).

Concerning White Album: as far as I can remember, the idol matter is only a background. Unlike Idolm@ster for example.

Umm...it seems that you don't have any questions about Kannagi & True Tears.

and yeah, I know you've stated the age & setting. That's why for Rurouni Kenshin, I said to watch it just in case you're in the mood for it. Same thing for Nagasarete.

LoL yeah, the girl from Busou Renkin got a battle scar on her face. Sorry if you don't like it.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2011-12-25 at 20:27.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 00:09   Link #133
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

In the meanwhile i was caught by boredom and just remembered of High school of the dead and felt like watching it. It wasn't what i was looking for, like i had previously confirmed, but the loads of ecchiness just made it. The OAV was actually overloaded with ecchiness and had no blood or other sick shit. Enjoyed it to some extent, especially, as i stated before, in the ecchi department. Don't suggest anything similar to this. I just was in the mood and watched it.

Anyways, these are the titles on my list (random order):
Kimikiss Pure Rouge
Tokimeki Memorial
Kannagi
White album
True tears

EDIT
I happened to know that boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai anime just finished... what the fuck ending is that? I was 100% sure that the 12th episode wasn't the last because it just opened too many new doors and just didn't look like the last episode of a series. Anyways, i'm currently reading the manga. Ah, oh ye, about the manga: i know that there are 2 different manga versions of this novel, but i don't know in what they are different, why they are different, and if they add something to the anime. Currently i've been reading the one from Itachi ( http://www.mangafox.com/manga/boku_w...hi_ga_sukunai/ ), from which the anime is taken, i guess, but what about the other one? I would be pleased if you could give me the most infos about it. Thanks
Old 2011-12-26, 01:54   Link #134
Undertaker

Both Bento and Boku wa Tomodachi are adapted from Light Novels that is still on-going just like ZnT so they don't really an proper end yet.

The manga done by Itachi is the one that follows the original novel. The other one Plus (+) done by Misaki Harukawa & Shoichi Taguchi is a re-imaged series with Sena(Meat) as the main character along with original stories.

EDIT: I was reading through your updated list and another title poped up that I think you'll like. The title is He is My Master. It's a quirky little series that you should like that I can't believe I forgot to mention it before. (I remembered it when I saw They are My Noble Masters on your list.)

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-12-26 at 02:05.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 19:42   Link #135
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I was appealed by He is my master and watched it to full. I have to say that many moments just got ruined and there could have been much more romance. The ending didn't satisfy me at all, if i have to be honest. The ecchiness was totally fine, just like the art design. Even tho the protagonist was the girl, you still had many chances to sub in the male. Oh ye, the boy, he was enough pervert and smart to exploit any good moment, but his attitude also ruined many romantic moments (When there was that contest to catch the girl, and she was hanged up unable to move, the boy said smth "I'm a feminist, i wouldn't violate a girl that is unable to move". That was actually very gentle from him, but as i had predicted, it turned to be a joke). Not even one kiss or a sign of appreciation beyond friendship from the girl. It had its funny moments tho. I'd rate it something like 8.3

I think i'll skip White album. In this little series you gave me, there was an episode where the girl was being made an idol, and even if it was for few minutes, i plain didn't like that scenario. I wouldn't wonder how much i'd hate a series built on idols, even if it's only a mere background for a story. I couldn't bear few minutes, can't imagine 5 hours.

What is Lotte no Omocha? Seems to contain cute girls :Q_

Anyways, going to start Kannagi, if i find a fucking streaming working of course.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-12-26 at 20:00.
Old 2011-12-27, 01:15   Link #136
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Kannagi, and i have to say i totally misjudged this title. It already happened that i was skipping titles by prejudice, so i'll just stop this shit by now and watch animes regardless.

Why i was skipping it in the beginning?
1) I didn't even bother readin what it was about, just saw 2 screenshots which portrayed an azure haired girl, whose haircut i totally disliked.
2) I thought it was some drama with just senseless tears, which would just bother me.
3) I thought the girl was some crybaby or had shit personality, and that the anime didn't have funny moments.

I was totally mislead by those convinctions: the art design was just fine, and i had just stopped at the girl's haircut. It actually was fine that aswell, just the screenshots did suck. I think i liked the animation overall, beside the art design. The girl was mostly funny, not a crybaby, and only showed her melancholic side the last episodes. I liked her all the way, and never got on my balls, and hoped till the end for her to end up with Jin. The plot caught my interest because it concerned gods and existence mindfucking. The triangle wasn't developed much, but at least i was more satisfyed than with other titles; why so? simply because the characters were a bit more honest and actually showed to be bothered by the other's behaviour (an example is when nagi is working as a maid and Jin gets turned on and jealous). There wasn't a definitive ending, since they got a huge quest to solve out, but it was still okay if they actually did fucking kiss instead of getting interrupted by that shitter girl at the end. It was like the best moment of this anime ever.

Why they always have to ruin it, in every fucking anime? That's also a reason why i love ZnT: they kiss more than once in each season, without getting retardly interrupted for no reason.

Anyways, i enjoyed it really much, i'd rate it 9.3 or above that. I'll stop avoiding titles just by seeing the screenshots. I was almost going to skip this title that i really liked. Thank you for suggesting it, i'm off to bed.
Old 2011-12-27, 06:54   Link #137
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post

What is Lotte no Omocha? Seems to contain cute girls :Q_
I thought you already check that out and dropped it.

It's Astarotte no Omocha. Lotte is nickname for Astarotte. It's actually a fun harem anime if you can get over the some of your pevs. Since you've now starting to try some new stuff, I'd said give it another try.

BTW, have you checked out Baka to Test to Shokanju yet? I thought you kind of checked it out before but it's not on your updated list, I would highly recommend you to give it another shot or a deeper look.
Old 2011-12-27, 07:59   Link #138
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Oh, i don't know why i skipped this title once again, lol. There is something wrong with me. Oh well, actually it's highly probable that i thought the girl, lotte, was like 10 years old and therefore this anime wouldn't provide romance. I still haven't watched even one episode, so i'll start by now. If i don't like it, i can always drop it.

Checked baka to test, but i don't like the plot and the fact that the male protagonist is some unlucky masochist guy. I liked the pink haired girl tho. Just i find the plot a bit idiotic, and i hate card or RPG games. Anyways, the main downfall is the protagonist who is just not up to be a man, in my eyes.

I'll update my post by now

EDIT
I started watching Astarotte no omocha and... my hopes of there being a romance just went below 0. Lotte is indeed 10 years old, and the male protagonist is 23 and has a daughter of the same age. What the fuck, he could be his father. Also what's wrong with him? He looks way younger. I'll watch it anyways, since there is nothing much left and priority is kinda screwed at the moment.

EDIT2
Ye indeed, he's made it with her mother lol. Actually i bet the story concerning their meeting would have been way more interesting than this "afterwards story". That surely contained romance. This is getting silly, but i arrived at half by now, so i'll end this.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-12-27 at 10:00.
Old 2011-12-27, 13:28   Link #139
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

No, seriously now, this anime felt wrong all the way:
This dude fucks a girl from another world and has a child. That girl then becomes some bitch sucking anyone's dick, and eventually has another child from another man. How the story goes? The dude gets to fall in love with a ten years old girl(that is supposed to do a lot of sucking) who would be his daughter, if her mother ever got back with him. Happy ending my dick, it just felt wrong all the way, that kind of romance is screwed. I watched it only because i liked the art design and the blonde girl's looking. Nothing else.

I'll now start Tokimeki Memorial
Old 2011-12-28, 01:51   Link #140
Undertaker

Well, the whole premises of that series is based on the fact that Lotte and her mom are Succubus that can't do much about it. I'll give you that it is pretty F@#ked up.

As for Baka Test, how many episodes did you ended up sampling? I just can't help but thinking that by now you should be OK ignoring the problems you had before.

Anyway, with that being said, I do think you should give HSDK a try next as it has a lot of stuff you should despite being a bit heavier on action side but not more than series like Tenjou Tenge, Yu Yu Hakusho, or Ikkitousen.