Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-04, 20:49   Link #41
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
Every fiber of my being says Kill It! But I don't think I could win against a god-loli. Better surrender then. White Flag, don't use you god powers on me Karin.
Old 2007-04-05, 06:10   Link #42
FireChick

My friend found the trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_bfPdAbhoM
Old 2007-04-06, 06:50   Link #43
FireChick

Sorry for this but Kamichama Karin airs today!
Old 2007-04-06, 12:47   Link #44
dxgarten

Episode 01 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-06, 16:57   Link #45
crystar
*yawns*

I hope to see it soon. *_* Looks awesome. XD Karin looks really cute.
Old 2007-04-06, 17:33   Link #46
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Nice show. Very nice backgrounds, animation, and character design, and a kids' story with a little bit of sophistication. Perhaps. And the voice-acting was good -- Nakahara Mai (Mai in Mai-HiME), Sawashiro Miyuki (Shinku in Rozen Maiden), Shitaya Noriko (Himeko in Kannazuki).

EDIT: Seeing as I'm not a big fan of mahou shoujo, I found the guys' transformations kind of refreshing. As Monir mentions later, the second half was more interesting.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-04-07 at 00:59.
Old 2007-04-06, 17:38   Link #47
Srin Tuar
無謀

This looks a bit too much like mahoushoujo for my tastes.
I winced through the whole opening battle. (Am I the only who thought the guy's rainbow jumps were a bit.... short? I mean, even I can hop up stairs 2 or 3 times, and thats without henshin'ing)

I didnt understand the jump from goddess to confused school girl, but at least the second half of the show was watchable.
Old 2007-04-06, 17:41   Link #48
kari-no-sugata

Can't say I was too enthused about the ep - it didn't work for me.

PS If a girl is going to yell "I AM GOD!!" I feelt it should at least be Haruhi (or Nanoha) otherwise it sounds like a joke
Old 2007-04-06, 19:05   Link #49
kari-no-sugata

Accidental double-post due to networking problems...
Old 2007-04-07, 00:09   Link #50
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I'm probably not the first to mention it, but the whole Karin, Kazune thing reminds me a hell of a lot of Sakura and Li Syaoron from Card Captor Sakura. And this Glasses wearing man... Clow Reed? Who knows what to think. Anyway I've always had a soft spot for magical girl series so I plan on checking this out once there's a sub.
Old 2007-04-07, 00:44   Link #51
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
(Am I the only who thought the guy's rainbow jumps were a bit.... short? I mean, even I can hop up stairs 2 or 3 times, and thats without henshin'ing).
That is funny! I almost stopped watching after the first couple of minutes, but then my resolves to finish the episode kicked in, and I was rewarded.

eeeesh... what a cutie pie!!!! The VA cast is also my favourite, especially Swashiro Miyuki. I almost screamed Pita Ten. Have been looking for a show similar to Pita Ten for so long, but it seems my search will continue. That said, the show still has a lot of positive things' going on (especially in the 2nd half) for viewers who may not be into mahou shoujou stuff. Oh and the special words that are said right before the Mahou Shoujou transformation by our heroine Karin, "I am god-o" is right around there with the infamous lines such as "Lyrical Takarov.. Kill em' all" or "Pipiru Piru Piru Pipiru Pi." Of course, her punishment isn't as severe or brutal as those of Dokuro-chan or Punie-chan, but she does seem to have an adorable mascot and a nifty magical wand. I am in for the moment, but ready to bail out at seconds notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Every fiber of my being says Kill It! But I don't think I could win against a god-loli. Better surrender then. White Flag, don't use you god powers on me Karin.
Old 2007-04-07, 01:21   Link #52
Dandruff
Flakey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
PS If a girl is going to yell "I AM GOD!!" I feelt it should at least be Haruhi (or Nanoha) otherwise it sounds like a joke

That's what it is, a joke in a sense, according to the mangaka, Kamichama Karin started out as a gag manga and a parody of the mahou shoujo genre with it's nonsense and stupid battle cries like "I AM GOD!". The mangaka points out that if ya find that stupid, well you're absolutely right xD

Anyways, time to watch the first episode and drown in the kawaiiness
Old 2007-04-07, 05:57   Link #53
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yurie in Kamichu! did a variation of that. She yelled "Kamichu!" before transforming.
Old 2007-04-07, 08:46   Link #54
MetaFire
Wuthuh?

I didn't like how the humor was handled, the animators totally could have made it a lot more fun. I think the music threw it off. Totally could be me, but I really didn't like the choice of opening song. Actually, I really dislike the soundtrack. Himeka-chan seemed a lot more energetic in the manga. The whole show seems to be taking itself too seriously with Karin seeming totally out of place. Or you can take it as Karin being awesome and the rest of the show being way too serious.
Old 2007-04-07, 13:10   Link #55
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

I was disappointed in the first episode. I agree that the music felt mostly out of place, and disliked the way they chose to cut from a future battle to the setup events. I realize that they can't possibly hope to copy Donbo's work to a high degree of fidelity, but it still didn't feel - or look - much like her original artwork to me. Somehow Pitaten managed it but this show just looked like a knockoff of her combination of high detail and ridiculous chibis.

Unfortunately, the fact that Nakahara Mai plays the main in this almost guarantees my tuning in ;P
Old 2007-04-07, 15:03   Link #56
froinlaven
Wanchu!

I haven't read the manga. I thought the anime was really cute though, and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Full impressions here.
Old 2007-04-07, 15:51   Link #57
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I really like the anime so far.
I at first thought the OP was odd-was expecting something more cutesy like CCS's style but they went for a darker and mysterious theme. After listening to "Ankoku Tengoku" a couple of times, I actually like it a lot.

*swoons over Kazune-kun's sweet smile in the rain*
Old 2007-04-07, 18:11   Link #58
iwubanime
FMP wubber

i am really looking forward to this, lots of people have made comparisons between this and CCS (which is my second fav series) so that makes me pretty happy

however, other people have mentioned pita-ten, which i haven't really watched much of (only like 2 or 3 episodes) and i didn't like it that much :/

so we'll see
Old 2007-04-07, 18:52   Link #59
Jiji
*Scanlator

Hmm...well, I thought there was a stark and obvious difference in the directing of the opening "action" sequence and the rest of the episode, and the action part was not up to par. I thought it was pretty bad, actually. I was just about to turn it off and write this one off when it changed and picked up considerably.

The good: the character designs aren't too far off of K-D's work, no worse than Pita Ten or Di Gi Charat. The backgrounding is a stand-out success so far, with some really delicate and sensative watercolours in there. Karin's acting is quite what is needed, but I found Himeko's to be very flat--but that is what the character calls for unfortunately at first. Of course, I watched it in RAW, and I only know what's going on from having read the manga... ^^;;

I loved Pita Ten and I seem to always like Koge-Donbo projects, so I'll continue to give this one a chance.
Old 2007-04-08, 07:57   Link #60
FireChick

Apparently Hikari no Kiseki is going to release Kamichama Karin subtitled today! Check it out at www.fansub.tv ! Too bad for Shintani subs but it's okay.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, magical girl, romance, satelight, shoujo