AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Old 2008-04-01, 15:04   Link #201
Zoe

The first uncut showing will air on 4/11 at 2:15 AM.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 15:35   Link #202
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Just watched the trailer and it really look good! especially the fight scenes which caught my attention, definitely going on my to watch list
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 01:50   Link #203
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
Well Soul Eater could be Bones next Cashcow, but how popular is Soul Eater?

Also does anyone know how Sword of the Stranger did on the Japanese box office and if it's out on DVD how is it fairing in Sales?
This weeks manga rankings from Japan volume #11 came in at #6

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ng-march-25-31

Will probably exit next week, also friggin Nodame is a beast, last 3 weeks has been #1, #1 and #3.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 08:39   Link #204
Zoe

Interesting, that means the ranking actually went up since it was released the same day as FMA.
Old 2008-04-02, 08:48   Link #205
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh I didn't even notice that, guess the hype for the anime is helping out but I do find it a bit strange that it couldn't brake into the top ten last week... I remember going back through every manga release week on ANN until I got to last year and I'm pretty sure Vol 10 was around #7 or #8 the week it came out.
Old 2008-04-02, 09:45   Link #206
terrus

Well Soul Eater had to be popular to a certain extent to be made into an anime (usually a manga has to have at least 5 or more volumes worth of material before it is adapted) but then again I could be wrong :X. Gonzo adapted Pumpkin scissors when it was about 5 volumes into the series despite being published in a not-quite popular magazine (from looking at the magazine pumpkin scissors is published in it seems it's mostly made of low quality art manga, not that this makes it bad at all) However it was because of this that PS had so much filler and why it seems that most manga usually get adapted at 8 to 9 volumes like FMA and Soul Eater and Bamboo Blade as well (that's publsihed in gangan as well isn't it?). I expect most likely that we'll probably see a Fairy tail manga sometime in the future as well, also wasn't there a rumor that 666 satan was going to be made into an anime or did that come from another rumor about Bones adapting another Gangan manga and it turned out to be SE?

Last edited by terrus; 2008-04-05 at 05:39.
terrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 04:20   Link #207
terrus

What's going on here people? it's now less than a day to go until SE airs and yet this thread has been dead for four days now.
Old 2008-04-06, 05:16   Link #208
Zoe

It's the calm before the storm
Old 2008-04-06, 06:42   Link #209
TrueKnight

Dude, it's no wonder Soul Eater currently gets little attention. You got new promising shows like Code Geass R2 and Macross Frontier, To-LoveRU and the newly surprisingly good Tower of Druaga out there already grabbing the the audience. D:

Hopefully when Soul Eater kicks in it'll grab a decent portion of the audience as well.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 10:14   Link #210
terrus

Well I've kept clear of Code Geass threads due to spoilers and Macross Frontier's first episode was just the same one as the episode that aired at the end of 2007 excpet with minor diffrences .To-LoveRU is terrible, the only thing it's got going for it is ecchi scenes and that's it and as for tower of Druga i had heard about that being suprisingly good as i read a review about it on a blog and was suprised to find about it being a comedy.
Old 2008-04-06, 11:24   Link #211
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
It's the calm before the storm
That's right
Old 2008-04-06, 12:14   Link #212
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

OMG! Soul Eater is tomorrow! I'm so excited! This thread will be alive again for sure once it's out xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Dude, it's no wonder Soul Eater currently gets little attention. You got new promising shows like Code Geass R2 and Macross Frontier, To-LoveRU and the newly surprisingly good Tower of Druaga out there already grabbing the the audience. D:

Hopefully when Soul Eater kicks in it'll grab a decent portion of the audience as well.
I hope so too. Code Geass R2 and Macross F were tough competitions. If Tower of Drauga, a new series, was able to grab audience attention even if it aired on the same season as those two megapopular series, there's hope for Soul Eater

Wait . . To Love-Ru is also getting a lot of audiences? Oh terible! I don't wish for ecchi fanservice series to dominate this season >_>
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 13:06   Link #213
v1cious

does anyone know what time this airs tomorrow in Japan?
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 13:35   Link #214
_gallo_

6:00 pm
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 13:39   Link #215
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

I'm far more excited about this series then many of the others, including Code Geass. For me, that's the equivalent of driving by a train wreck, but rather than avert your eyes, you can't help but look anyways. >.>

Ugh! Can't wait!
RyougaElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 13:45   Link #216
Westlo
Lets be reality

Really looking forward to the raw I'll be collecting the fansub of the late night version except for anime original episodes where I'll get both.
Old 2008-04-06, 13:50   Link #217
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

I don't think I have enough disk space for a 50 episode series.
BearShare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 13:51   Link #218
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

Then just download one at a time and delete them as you go. ^^

There will always be time to go back and download the whole series at a later date if you end up liking it.
RyougaElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 13:51   Link #219
deffusse
otaku[SK]

is there any airing schedule for this one? What time /day airs late night ver. of this show?
deffusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 13:52   Link #220
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

It airs tomorrow and the uncut airs 3 days after the original I think.
BearShare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, death the kid, shounen, soul eater