Schwing!

so much anger in this thread already ;p
Old 2010-06-29, 23:51   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRime View Post
I"m sorry, but.... WHAT? If we see sexism, we should just bite our tongues and deal with it, because other people have it worse? You're making women's rights sound like a privilege, which it's NOT. It's something that belongs to everyone, not just people who have it worse than 1st worlders.

As for Bleach and Soifon, I'm actually pretty surprised how "un-sexist" it is. Soifon's bankai is the first female's bankai we've ever seen (I think), and I'm pleasantly surprised by how BADASS it is. I was expecting something pretty or stereotypically feminine (like Rukia's beautiful, ribbon-clad sword or Unohana's Creature of Motherly Healing) but I was really happy when she got a bankai with such brute force. Another thing I love about Soifon is that she's unapologetically nasty, without the need to be overly angsty at the same time.
I'm not sure how impressed one should be with Soi Fon's bankai. I was actually expecting something interesting and instead she just gets a giant missile. Sure it packs a ridiculous amount of power, but it still is a one shot missile. No wonder she holds off from using it since it's not something you can use in any sort of drawn out fight. If that shot did finish off #2 it'll feel weird. I'm still waiting for that guy to show up again.

Anyways also curious about how the fight against Stark is going to progress. It'd seem a bit over the top to have both Ukitake and Shunsui fighting him. Sure it's a combo form, but really two guns vs two swords seems relatively even in principle. Not trying to be overly critical but I wonder about Ukitake's thought process. I mean you have Soi Fon out there getting her arm chopped out and the first person he helps out is Shunsui. Though I suppose it would make more sense to help out your close friend than someone who might get upset about you jumping in . I wonder why Shunsui is holding back from bankai though since it doesn't seem like he's going to win just with shikai.
Old 2010-06-30, 00:05   Link #43
Gin
*Artist

I thought this was a pretty good episode.

The explosion from Soi-chan's Bankai went a little too slowly for me, but I was also disappointed with when Soi Fon actually started flying, it would have looked better if she got sent flying from shooting her Bankai.

Other than that though, it was a good episode. I liked Gin, tousen, and Ai-chan's conversation, though I wish Ai-chan hadn't resisted the urge to rise to Gin's bait, just a good thing tousen was there to pick up the slack.
Starrk's resurecion was awesome, but I don't think they had to drag out Starrk rubbing on Lillynette's butt for so long.

Also, wtf did Ukitake do? From the preview it seems Kira is predicting that Ukitake has betrayed SS by under going hollowfication, based solely on the color of his hair. I wonder if thats the cause of Ukitake's illness? Like maybe his body is rejecting the hollow part of his soul.
Old 2010-06-30, 00:21   Link #44
TheRime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Also, wtf did Ukitake do? From the preview it seems Kira is predicting that Ukitake has betrayed SS by under going hollowfication, based solely on the color of his hair. I wonder if thats the cause of Ukitake's illness? Like maybe his body is rejecting the hollow part of his soul.

It's cuz he shot a cero, which only the bad guys supposedly can do.
Old 2010-06-30, 00:47   Link #45
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I mean you have Soi Fon out there getting her arm chopped out and the first person he helps out is Shunsui.
1. Shunsui is a flash step away, Soifon is a fair distance away from them.
2. Starrk IS the primera, and machine gun Cero would probably have the same effect as respira if it hit (i.e. death :P)
3. Not sure if even Ukitake could match Barragan, I mean he's already sick and old...why pour oil into the fire?^^
Old 2010-06-30, 01:26   Link #46
Jerseykid

They could of skipped this episode and gone right to the next one, it was pretty much gargage. Best part was 23:33, you see Aizen looking around with no fire.
Old 2010-06-30, 01:33   Link #47
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Oh, since when did Shinji become one of the bad guys?
Old 2010-06-30, 02:06   Link #48
TheRime

Quote:
Oh, since when did Shinji become one of the bad guys?
I meant bad guys = arrancars/hollows, and Shinji's half-hollow.
Old 2010-06-30, 02:08   Link #49
Gin
*Artist

You should be more specific next time.
Old 2010-06-30, 02:13   Link #50
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Funny that before the preview I figured it was some kind of ability from Ukitake's sword. I mean it was the same colour as Starrk's so I thought it was some reflection ability. Besides I don't think we should trust Kira for any tactical information here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
1. Shunsui is a flash step away, Soifon is a fair distance away from them.
2. Starrk IS the primera, and machine gun Cero would probably have the same effect as respira if it hit (i.e. death :P)
3. Not sure if even Ukitake could match Barragan, I mean he's already sick and old...why pour oil into the fire?^^
I know he was certainly closer, but it's not like it would have taken that much longer to speed over. No doubt that getting hit by that Cero would have been bad, but if Shunsui was so pressed why not just use his bankai already? I can see him being concerned about what Starrk is hiding, but isn't it better to just wrap it up quickly than continue wasting time when Aizen and company could break out?

It's been a while since the Soul Society Arc but I thought that Ukitake is right up there with Shunsui in terms of power. Since his illness isn't slowing him down right now he should be one of the strongest captains out there. With having so little information about Ukitake's shikai and bankai it's hard to really say if he'd have trouble with Barragan or not. Well anyways it seems like the situation resolved itself so Ukitake's actions don't seem that bad other than the time he spent goofing around .

A pretty nice compliment by Shunsui though in saying Hitsugaya could surpass him within a century. Considering how old some of them can be that's not a huge amount of time to become one of the strongest captains there. Though no doubt the gap between them has to be pretty sizable at this point. Plus there is the whole issue of surviving this insane situation which will be tough on everyone there .
Old 2010-06-30, 02:18   Link #51
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
great ukitake episode, ill wait next week to see if i can find something better for my avatar! finally some bromance action!
Old 2010-06-30, 02:53   Link #52
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

episode was awesome. the fight scenes made a very refreshing change from sword action from everybody else.

though, are both guns lynette? it seems stark only talks to one of them.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-06-30, 05:38   Link #53
Lumir

Off Topic

Quote:
I"m sorry, but.... WHAT? If we see sexism, we should just bite our tongues and deal with it, because other people have it worse? You're making women's rights sound like a privilege, which it's NOT. It's something that belongs to everyone, not just people who have it worse than 1st worlders.
You took my post the wrong way. And seeing as how you reacted makes me believe you still have A LOT to learn and see when it comes to life. Let me just tell you this right here and now that one region(s)/countries rights hold NO domination in another. Women's rights ARE something that has developed and was NEVER a RIGHT in most countries until made so in developed countries, one should understand this from an educated point of view. As for your feelings of "sexism" sure go ahead and "vent" your anger and frustration on your speculations/opinions if it helps you from feeling whatever it is you were feeling because even if thats how some take it, I HIGHLY doubt it was intended.

You said...

"It's something that belongs to everyone, not just people who have it worse than 1st worlders."

Well let me tell you, one your statement was incorrect, two even though I agree with what you intended to state... thats not the case and never will be, and finally three why even bring up such a serious topic in an anime thread? It seems ludicrous and leads me to think that some may have shall we call "gender fairness" issues. Tell me are most anime's with a main character that is male usually different from bleach in these situations?

On Topic

The fact soifong's bankai is practically a nuke makes me think that its highly effective against someone like barragan. An explosion is still an explosion regardless of time. And I dont see him coming out of that unscathed unless he can either stop time entirely or slow it down to a near halt within an instance. I also wonder if thats all to her bankai? Would be kinda lame, one shot at victory.

As for espada #1 epic release! Machine gun cero is hax and should be doing way more damage to the surroundings if its anything as powerful as ulq's. And oddly enough i find if fair ukitake came into the fray as it seems 2v2 now. Fair! haha.
Old 2010-06-30, 06:49   Link #54
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Great episode. Loved Starks release....love the guns and the rapid fire cero he fired out right at the end.
Old 2010-06-30, 10:06   Link #55
Langus
Optimus Prime

This episode had explosions, feisty women, butt sex and bromance. Everything a guy could ask for. I give it two thumbs up even though nothing of consequence actually happened.
Old 2010-06-30, 16:02   Link #56
TheRime

[QUOTE=Lumir;3114229]Off Topic

Let me just tell you this right here and now that one region(s)/countries rights hold NO domination in another. Women's rights ARE something that has developed and was NEVER a RIGHT in most countries until made so in developed countries, one should understand this from an educated point of view.
QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm perfectly aware of that. What YOU'RE suggesting, however, is that women who have more rights than those in 3rd world countries should just STFU if they encounter anything sexist. You're the one who said we have no "right" to banter about it, because we're 1st worlders.
Old 2010-06-30, 16:23   Link #57
Gin
*Artist

Since when is it sexist to have girls not be as strong as guys? That's just a science fact.
Old 2010-06-30, 16:28   Link #58
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
@ TheRime: I think what Lumir means is that it's sort of treading on another culture's beliefs. Correct me if I'm wrong, Lumir.
Old 2010-07-01, 05:18   Link #59
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

So much rage in this thread, oh wait that's right it's a bleach discussion thread. Glad I skipped page 2.

Anyway isn't it obvious that Ukitake somehow absorbed the ceros and shot them back at Stark with some kind of ability of his sword? You can see him swinging his sword and it's even the same colour than the previous ceros, so I don't really get this discussion about hollowfication and whatever.

Quote:
You should be more specific next time.
No he shouldn't because it was clear what he meant with his post. Instead just try to not be so massively nitpicking.
Old 2010-07-01, 07:20   Link #60
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Does anyone know the name of the song played when Stark is about to release?