AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-08-23, 16:01   Link #441
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I really don't understand why they're making so much mystery around Sasuke. It's not like he's deep under cover or anything. Just tell Sarada he's got a big important mission whose details are secret and let it go at that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-23, 20:42   Link #442
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I really don't understand why they're making so much mystery around Sasuke. It's not like he's deep under cover or anything. Just tell Sarada he's got a big important mission whose details are secret and let it go at that.
To create false drama.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-23, 21:51   Link #443
Random14
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Its funny, but I miss the anime original stuff. Never thought I would say that, but then this manga arc wasn't my favorite arc either. At least the animation is still decent.

So yet another Sharingan fan-boy. It was a bit funny when Naruto shrugged off being stabbed in the stomach, even with that guy's big talk of Akatsuki, he should be nothing before Naruto and Sasuke by now.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 12:29   Link #444
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I really don't understand why they're making so much mystery around Sasuke. It's not like he's deep under cover or anything. Just tell Sarada he's got a big important mission whose details are secret and let it go at that.
Isn't that basically what they told her? The problem is that this mission has been on-going for a decade and he never came back home even once. Sakura rarely talks about him either because she doesn't want her daughter to find out about her father's dark past. From Sarada's point of view, all of this is very confusing.

What is very forced is Sakura not giving Sarada answers about small things like Sasuke never wearing glasses, which was only done so that Sarada would start to think she is Karin's daughter. It's also hilarious Sasuke took the time to get a picture of himself and his team taken when he was with Akatsuki but never managed to get one with Sakura.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 13:21   Link #445
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Isn't that basically what they told her?
Is it, though? Because the last few episodes, whenever she asks, adults just change the subject in the most transparent, most infuriating way.

Also, did Sakura tell her, or did the Hokage tell her? Because it's not the same.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 20:09   Link #446
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Wow, IGN must be watching a different arc than the rest of us because the scores being given to this arc does not reflect the flaw in logic rampant in this arc. Not that their score ever make any sense.

In the manga this arc just read like Kishimoto giving one last blowjob to the Uchihas just because. Did we really need yet another Sharingan obsessed idiot to be the enemy? That was literally what the series devolved into after Pain arc, so why again?

Then there is the whole Sarada plot that would have been pretty interesting and (in my opinion) would have made the whole Sakura x Sasuke relationship make more sense and be (dare I say it) more interesting if it had gone along with the Karin route. But no, we get Danzo 2.0, nerfed Naruto and Sasuke and very confusing reasoning as to why Sarada barely knows anything about her father.

I definitely can't wait for the focus to return to Boruto and the guys, at least we got new stuff from them.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 02:59   Link #447
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
In the manga this arc just read like Kishimoto giving one last blowjob to the Uchihas just because. Did we really need yet another Sharingan obsessed idiot to be the enemy? That was literally what the series devolved into after Pain arc, so why again?
because its easy,

the uchiha powers get stronger the more negative shit one experiences, so there is already a easy to use foundation for how the enemys are instable idiots,

the powers can be whatever the hell the author wants so its already easy to create a powerful enemy too,

and than just add in a look for the enemy, a motivation and tada, you got your villian for a arc
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 11:22   Link #448
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Is it, though? Because the last few episodes, whenever she asks, adults just change the subject in the most transparent, most infuriating way.

Also, did Sakura tell her, or did the Hokage tell her? Because it's not the same.
I seem to remember Sakura telling her (or rather reminding her again) and Sarada flying off the handle because she couldn't understand what kind of mission could possibly separate him from his family this long. And she's actually right. He could have visited her plenty of times if he had wanted to. Maybe he wants to, but is still too ashamed to face the people of Konoha, even though as Naruto himself told him in the flashback, everybody is over it already (except him apparently).
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 00:40   Link #449
alex_drian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Tobirama was right...
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 11:17   Link #450
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Tobirama was right...
I've been saying that for a while...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 16:07   Link #451
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
because its easy,

the uchiha powers get stronger the more negative shit one experiences, so there is already a easy to use foundation for how the enemys are instable idiots,

the powers can be whatever the hell the author wants so its already easy to create a powerful enemy too,

and than just add in a look for the enemy, a motivation and tada, you got your villian for a arc
Yeah, they just need to find another excuse for why they have more eyes than usual. I also thought this arc wasn't very good in the manga. At least I think the anime version is a lot better since these characters have relevant character development that makes them more compelling to us.
__________________
Favorite Series: 0. To aru Series 1. Ze Tian Ji 2. Reincarnator
3. The King's Avatar/ Mushoku Tensei/ Legendary Moonlight Sculptor 4. Martial World/ Great Teacher Onizuka 5. KnB/KLK/Detective Conan/ Clannad AF/Bakuman

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 03:56   Link #452
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
They had relevant character development, than it went MIA once manga arc started.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 12:35   Link #453
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
This is what I've been fearing all along. The filler version of Boruto and Sarada were actually likable, unlike the former's movie version and the later's manga version.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 05:46   Link #454
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
ep22

well well well,

sasuke acts calm and composed and sarada is angry because of that,

he even explains that personal feelings dont have anything to do with a shinobis mission(yeah, tell BS to someone else, you and naruto are the most emotional ones in the original series),

anyway, sakura is talking about some crap with the villian, "they are your sons yada yada" and the villian spouts some phylosophical crap back about how "death" is just the end of one vessel and that DNA always keeps existing and that is "life" yada yada yada, all in all: boring crap

in any case, we meet wood-shinobi again and he has the crappiest job of all: standing in front of orochimarus hideout and surveiling him....dont they have a prison for that guy or cameras?
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 10:39   Link #455
Random14
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Yeah, its always been annoying how light a "sentence" Orochimaru got. Although its kind of nice seeing that Yamato is not just watching Orochimaru's place by himself, there's some other ninjas with him. I think in the manga it was just himself, which looked kind of pathetic, the anime lessens that impression a bit.

Ugh, that scene with Sarada and Suigetsu is one of my least favorite of this arc. Doesn't help that Sasuke won't be winning any father of the year awards anytime soon.

And huh, a reference to "that boy", I think that was an anime addition too. At least it shows Naruto is aware of that (compared being ignorant during the Sarada origins scene). I wonder if the anime will ever officially cover that or not (either the manga prequel or the reveal scene).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 11:55   Link #456
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
The worst part of it all is that they're still letting Orochimaru carry out his inhuman experiments. It seems very out of character for Naruto to let him do that. In fact, wasn't it more Shin clones in those tanks? How did Naruto and Sasuke have nothing to say about that? They also seemed pretty cool with the fact the enemy who kidnapped Sakura and may have killed her was created by him.

Next episode should be the last of the arc. Anyone know what we're getting after that?
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 15:29   Link #457
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
ep22

well well well,

sasuke acts calm and composed and sarada is angry because of that,

he even explains that personal feelings dont have anything to do with a shinobis mission(yeah, tell BS to someone else, you and naruto are the most emotional ones in the original series),
Yes, and what did emotions ever got him except terrible decisions and embarrassing defeats?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 16:48   Link #458
alex_drian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Damn it Suigetsu
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 17:21   Link #459
xellos2099
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Yeah, its always been annoying how light a "sentence" Orochimaru got. Although its kind of nice seeing that Yamato is not just watching Orochimaru's place by himself, there's some other ninjas with him. I think in the manga it was just himself, which looked kind of pathetic, the anime lessens that impression a bit.

Ugh, that scene with Sarada and Suigetsu is one of my least favorite of this arc. Doesn't help that Sasuke won't be winning any father of the year awards anytime soon.

And huh, a reference to "that boy", I think that was an anime addition too. At least it shows Naruto is aware of that (compared being ignorant during the Sarada origins scene). I wonder if the anime will ever officially cover that or not (either the manga prequel or the reveal scene).
Was Orochimaru ever punished? I think he did more good than harm toward the end of the original series thus why he was never really put on trial for what he did. Wait do naruto world even have trial?
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 17:51   Link #460
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: JEEEESUS CHRIIIISTOOOOO
Age: 28
I think the big problem with Orochimaru is that he is too powerful to even go after him.

Also, while Sasuke says they shouldn't get carried away by their emotions, he himself has done that for a long time in the series since he got nearly killed by Haku to protect Naruto and recently when took all of Shin's shurikens to protect Sarada.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.