Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-08-11, 21:30   Link #301
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It's Pokemon SM. She looks M, but S wouldn't be too bad...
You want her to be a delinquent, don't you? It would be a pretty hilarious twist, gotta admit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't like his design. Raichu used to be pretty badass looking. This looks more like one of the other region's mouses' evolutions than a new Raichu.
To be fair, the badass look hasn't helped Raichu for the past 20 years, so maybe changing styles ain't such a bad plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Alola Raichu is one of those cases where the hype is over the fact that it exists, that they're finally remembering Raichu, not so much in what the actual Pokemon is.
People seem to like the fact it surfs on its own tail. And it is cool.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-11, 21:56   Link #302
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
That's because "Surfin' Pikachu" has been a joke since gen 1.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-11, 22:02   Link #303
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
You want her to be a delinquent, don't you? It would be a pretty hilarious twist, gotta admit.

To be fair, the badass look hasn't helped Raichu for the past 20 years, so maybe changing styles ain't such a bad plan.

It's not the look, it's the stats and the fact that it lives in the shadow of Pikachus' popularity and it wouldn't be the first Pokémonto be affected by it. Just look at Porygon, it appeared in one episode that ended up being banned because Porygon was accused of causing the epileptic seizures' when in fact it was Pikachu who caused them.
Old 2016-08-11, 22:51   Link #304
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
That's because "Surfin' Pikachu" has been a joke since gen 1.
I know, but its nice to see something being done with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
It's not the look, it's the stats and the fact that it lives in the shadow of Pikachus' popularity and it wouldn't be the first Pokémonto be affected by it. Just look at Porygon, it appeared in one episode that ended up being banned because Porygon was accused of causing the epileptic seizures' when in fact it was Pikachu who caused them.
Poor porygon. Still, they probably thought looking cute would help it.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-11, 22:56   Link #305
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Now that it's been mentioned, I actually kinda like how it's surfing on its tail. It's just aesthetic but it's still neat.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-12, 09:21   Link #306
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool as well. I'm still loving team skull. I'm still shocked at how different the English and Japanese trailers seem to be every time. They're really pushing different styles of marketing lol.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 22:56   Link #307
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't like his design. Raichu used to be pretty badass looking. This looks more like one of the other region's mouses' evolutions than a new Raichu.
the design for Raichu looks like some 4 year old girl saw Raichu and decided to draw on it a bit. Electric Psychic is badass and the surge surfer is a decent idea but honestly that is almost as nauseating an image as exeggutor

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 22:58   Link #308
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

They can't all look badass. Some of them are gonna have to look goofy. :V

I for one don't mind Alola Raichu.

It's Alola Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard I worry about.
Old 2016-08-16, 23:44   Link #309
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
They can't all look badass. Some of them are gonna have to look goofy. :V

I for one don't mind Alola Raichu.

It's Alola Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard I worry about.
i don't think they will be involve this time around with the new forms, i mean for one they are starters so unless they do like x and y and give us the first gen starters at some point i doubt we will see alolan forms of them, and 2 it looks like they are giving alolan forms to pokemon who didn't receive mega's
Old 2016-08-18, 11:34   Link #310
Chosen_Hero

A new challeger has appeared:

It's official, Bowser is now a Pokémon.

P.S. Looks like Doofenshmirts broke into GameFreak and sneakily named a Pokémon.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2016-08-18 at 14:53.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 19:42   Link #311
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

P.S. Looks like Doofenshmirts broke into GameFreak and sneakily named a Pokémon.

Lol I like how the explanation video uses XY music to do it. No. It's very good, but its era will soon be over.

Also, turtonator. I have nothing to say. I'm just really amused.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2016-08-18, 20:00   Link #312
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Not really a big fan of its design but it looks interesting to say the least.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 08:45   Link #313
Chosen_Hero

For anyone wondering why Alolan Marowak has the typing it has:

Even more Pokémon have been revealed:

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2016-08-19 at 12:11.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 12:23   Link #314
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

Not a fan of that pokemon's kissy lip beak thing XD
Old 2016-08-19, 12:31   Link #315
shadow1296

Quote:

well he did want to

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
now he can
Old 2016-08-19, 12:39   Link #316
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Not a fan of that pokemon's kissy lip beak thing XD
Pretty sure that's the nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
well he did want to

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
now he can
I see nothing wrong with that plan, it's flawless.
Old 2016-08-19, 15:04   Link #317
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Pretty sure that's the nose.

I see nothing wrong with that plan, it's flawless.
For once he is guaranteed to succeed.

Old 2016-08-19, 17:00   Link #318
Chibiloli

Is that a tag on stufful's butt?
Old 2016-08-20, 01:52   Link #319
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

I have been wondering a bit on the Alola forms, something dawned on me, would we get an Alola Onix? If so would they make it into that crystal Onix from the anime during the Orange Islands journey. This has been something thing that some people from the Pokemon community have been wanting to get in the games (without mods) for some time. The same thing goes for that Snowman Snorlax from the Johto Journey. I wouldn't count that Golden Sudowoodo since that was a forced evolution. But the other two adapt to their environment, so I guess they would fit in Sun and Moon Alola forms.

Crystal Onix

Snorlax Snowman

It would feel like a missed opportunity from them not to include them at least.

as for Onix evolution into steelix (I know we have the mega steelix) it might be like a diamond steelix. Even though the pokedex states that steelix is comprised of materials harder than diamond, unless it becomes something made out of obsidian possibly.

Last edited by ScorchingFlames; 2016-08-20 at 02:04.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 08:35   Link #320
Chichiryuushintei

That boxer crab is so cool! Calling mine Ippo.