AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2019-06-06, 16:06   Link #3581
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't even understand what the deal is with Zeke. So he took an artillery shell in the shoulder. Big deal. At worst it would keep him from throwing stuff (which, yes, would be pretty inconvenient), but so what?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-06, 18:13   Link #3582
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't even understand what the deal is with Zeke. So he took an artillery shell in the shoulder. Big deal. At worst it would keep him from throwing stuff (which, yes, would be pretty inconvenient), but so what?
His real body, most notably his spine, was hit. He probably won't be able to move for a while, hence the threat of him screaming to protect himself.
Old 2019-06-06, 18:27   Link #3583
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Well then, things are definitely getting interesting. There's so much going on that if I tried to cover every single point that I want to focus on, this may become a very long post. Honestly, I'm quite tired rn and I'm finding it difficult to sit down for what would most likely be an hr+ to list out everything that I want to discuss about this chapter.

Three things that I really want to touch on tho:

1. Gabi's coming to terms with everything feels abrupt. Considering how adamant she was about the Paradis Eldians being devils, choosing now for her to feel regret and come to the realization that they are "people" too... I'm mindblown tbh.

2. Armin getting the spotlight and figuring something was fishy about Eren, felt like a bit of a retcon. I say this because Jean was originally the one to show some kind of doubts when he heard the plan. Then again, this "retcon" isn't so bad that it sticks out like a sore thumb, it's only noticeable if you were really paying close attention to character conversations/mannerisms. I can let it slide.

3. Connie needs to chill the fuck out. Dude's way too hyper about this entire situation. I know that intelligence isn't his strong suit, but just a few chapters ago, he was ready to kill Eren if need be, yet here he is flip-flopping about and saying that "if he dies, I won't get to sock him"... Wishy-washy characters like that tend to annoy me more than anything tbh. Some might just laugh it off or not take it too seriously, but considering how edgy/angsty he is lately, it can get a little overbearing at times.

I'll just leave it at that this time. All I'll say is that I'm extremely looking forward to the next couple of chapters. I have sooooo much more to say about this chapter tbh, but nah, I'm not gonna do that to myself and sit here typing up an essay for the next hr or so.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-07, 11:57   Link #3584
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wouldn't call Armin changing his mind a retcon. Eren's words hit him hard, he needed time to cool his head, and Jean's words may have in fact played a huge part in why he started believing in Eren again.
Old 2019-07-04, 11:02   Link #3585
bastek66

What the flying fuck? [HUGE SPOILER]
https://i.imgur.com/ZCQUERe.jpg
Old 2019-07-04, 16:17   Link #3586
grecefar

Huh... didn’t see that coming.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-04, 18:03   Link #3587
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Only thing I know about the final page is that Eren is going to be fine.
Old 2019-07-04, 18:15   Link #3588
Twi

Whelp, they're trimming the number of names we have to remember at least.
Old 2019-07-04, 20:01   Link #3589
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well it's a lot more credible to think someone with regenerative powers can survive after his body was severed from his head than after his head was blown up, and Reiner did the latter already, so I don't really think Eren is going to die.

It's more likely that his head is going to conveniently roll toward Zeke.

Anyway Falco's titan form is quite disturbing...

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-04, 20:43   Link #3590
Wandering Soul

It's just a flesh wound. Eren will be fine. Ways he could survive include potentially transferring his conscious to another part of his body like Reiner once did, or having Ymir save him the same way she saved Zeke.

Poor Reiner. Once again he came so close to death and in a heroic fashion too, but Porco stole his opportunity.
Old 2019-07-05, 01:24   Link #3591
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Well it's a lot more credible to think someone with regenerative powers can survive after his body was severed from his head than after his head was blown up, and Reiner did the latter already, so I don't really think Eren is going to die.
Reiner could do that because he had a titan body to move to. Eren doesn't.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-05, 08:01   Link #3592
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Reiner could do that because he had a titan body to move to. Eren doesn't.
I don't think the Titan body has anything to do with that. Reiner also transferred his conscience while he was still in human form when Levi first attacked him.

As a matter of facts, considering this image:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It could even be that Eren did the same thing and his conscience is in his body.

Old 2019-07-05, 09:05   Link #3593
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I don't think the Titan body has anything to do with that. Reiner also transferred his conscience while he was still in human form when Levi first attacked him.

As a matter of facts, considering this image:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It could even be that Eren did the same thing and his conscience is in his body.
Man haven't posted in a long time.

I was going to mention that scene, however the only problem is the circumstances that are happening now are different. Reiner had his head still attached to his body, and was able to recover his consciousness quickly.

I could see Eren transferring his consciousness the same way Reiner did. But how he will get back together again might take some time.

I have a theory and it related to the War Hammer Titan, since Eren was aware that Gabi was about to shoot him and might kill him. He might have used the WHT power to link him to any pre existing hardening titan body he had created. I count 3 in the area the one Reiner destroyed, and the two he created to plug up the beaches in the wall. Eren is near the one that he and Armin fought Bert the inner gate.

Since the WHT doesn't need its shifter in its nape to operate it, just needs a life line to it in order to move. I can see his harden titan shell coming back to life and charging to his human, so he can recover in his titan body. This might even give Eren a new titan form that is a mix of the WHT and attack titan. But we are going to have to wait and see.

Also did anyone notice that one titan on the far right was doing the its ok gesture with it right hand.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-05, 12:36   Link #3594
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchingFlames View Post
I have a theory and it related to the War Hammer Titan, since Eren was aware that Gabi was about to shoot him and might kill him. He might have used the WHT power to link him to any pre existing hardening titan body he had created. I count 3 in the area the one Reiner destroyed, and the two he created to plug up the beaches in the wall. Eren is near the one that he and Armin fought Bert the inner gate.

Since the WHT doesn't need its shifter in its nape to operate it, just needs a life line to it in order to move. I can see his harden titan shell coming back to life and charging to his human, so he can recover in his titan body. This might even give Eren a new titan form that is a mix of the WHT and attack titan. But we are going to have to wait and see.
That's one of the most inventive theory I've read so far. I like it.

There are just so many ways Eren can survive that I wonder why Isayama bothered with such a cheap cliffhanger. It's actually the weakest part of the chapter for me. However if the unthinkable happens and Eren does die, then it'll be the strongest.
Old 2019-07-05, 13:11   Link #3595
The Small One

I'm a bit confused, that Gabi's change of mind from the last chapter seems to be undone again.

And why did Eren try to reach Zeke in human form? Didn't they say, that they both need to be in their Titan form for the coordinate power to work? If it works when both are untransformed, then he could have used Historia from the start.

Now Eren seems to be in a similar situation like Zeke was a few chapters ago. I wonder if he will be saved the same way (random titan putting him into the belly) or if the author has something new for us.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-05, 15:15   Link #3596
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I don't think that Gabi changed her mind, she is more or less on the same side as Pieck now, she doesn't think Eldians are devils anymore but she doesn't think that Eren is right either.

For all she knows Eren wants to unleash thousands of colossal titans to the world and kill billions of people. I would have pressed the trigger too if I thought the same.

As for why Eren is running in human form, I don't think it's really necessary for him and Zeke to be in titan form. At the very least we know that Eren was able to use the founding titan power when he was still in human form when he touched Dina. It could be that the titan form is necessary to exert full control, but some degree of control is possible even without.

As for why he can't use Historia, it's because she needs to be a titan or a human-titan. The form isn't what matters, Zeke is still a human-titan even if he is in human form and so is Eren.

Old 2019-07-05, 17:25   Link #3597
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm a bit confused, that Gabi's change of mind from the last chapter seems to be undone again.
Just because she accepted that Eldians are not evil devils doesn't mean she is now cool with the dude that attacked her hometown and ended up killing several of her friends.
Old 2019-07-05, 19:15   Link #3598
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Just wow... I have nothing say..
Old 2019-07-06, 03:11   Link #3599
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

That cliffhanger would carry a lot more weigh/be a lot more suspenseful if we didn't already know what the final panel of this manga was going to be... Isayama, you dun goofed bro.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-06, 10:33   Link #3600
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
That cliffhanger would carry a lot more weigh/be a lot more suspenseful if we didn't already know what the final panel of this manga was going to be... Isayama, you dun goofed bro.
Are you even sure that's Eren though? I think it's likely that Isayama has shown that knowing that people would reach the wrong conclusion.