Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-05-16, 14:27   Link #1
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Halo 5 - Guardians (2015) [XB1]

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/games-h...y-announcement

Quote:
Any time you transition to a new platform, there is the opportunity to look at things with a new perspective. For us at 343 Industries, the launch of the Xbox One was an opportunity to think about what stories we wanted to tell, how to tell them, and how best to push the “Halo” franchise to showcase the platform. And, most importantly, combining our passion for “Halo” with the vocal and informative input from our fans.

“Halo” isn’t simply a perennial game franchise, it’s a part of the Xbox platform itself. In terms of innovation and ideation, it’s sometimes important to people who might not even play “Halo.” And of course it’s a passion and an essential experience for two generations of gamers. So we asked ourselves, how do we begin and where do we go with “Halo” on Xbox One?

In the past, “Halo” games have pushed the Xbox forward, showcasing the console and its ecosystem in entertaining and innovative ways. Making a “Halo” game that runs at 60 frames per second, on dedicated servers, with the scope, features and scale we’ve been dreaming of for more than a decade, is non-trivial. It’s a task that we, at 343 Industries, are taking very seriously to ensure we deliver the “Halo” game that fans deserve, and a game that is built from the ground up for Xbox One.

I’m happy to reveal that “Halo 5: Guardians,” the next installment in the legendary saga of the Master Chief, will launch on Xbox One in fall of 2015. In the tradition of every “Halo” game since its debut in 2001, it is a massive and exciting project.

“Halo 5: Guardians” is a bigger effort than “Halo 4.” That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen.

It’s a game that will hopefully demonstrate the talent, learnings and abilities of the 343 Industries team. A game that will incorporate the things we learned from “Halo 4” about technology, aesthetics, performance and scale – and perhaps more importantly, understanding and embracing a community of gamers who love what lies at the heart of this game, and the limitless potential of the “Halo” universe.

And 2015 won’t simply be the year of “Halo 5: Guardians,” it will also be a year that offers us a unique opportunity. The opportunity to invite old friends and new audiences into that universe through the “Halo” television series, launched as a unique collaboration with Steven Spielberg and some of the finest creative minds in the business. A series that will stand alone, as well as complement and enrich the game experience. We’ll have more to share on the “Halo” television series as we near its projected fall 2015 release.

Your Journey Begins in 2014

Many fans noted that I was very deliberate with my phrasing on stage at E3 last year. I spoke about a “journey,” rather than a destination – and that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step. We’ll give you much more information about our plans for this year at the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9, and we’re confident that “Halo” fans will be pretty excited about the special plans we have in store.

So until E3, I’d like to express my gratitude to our massive and varied Halo community, whose energy, enthusiasm, criticism and kindness are the driving force behind what we do and what we hope to achieve in “Halo 5: Guardians.”

So... Yeah, a new Halo.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 14:30   Link #2
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

>Not Arbiter

Why.

I'm pretty hyped but what a delay... I'm guessing just a trailer at E3.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 14:33   Link #3
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Nah Halo 5 was never officially announced yet, you might be thinking of the Anniversary thingy which is still coming this year I believe.
Old 2014-05-16, 14:34   Link #4
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

^Oh? Probably that then.

I'll get my Arbiter fix in Halo 2 HD then

I'll admit the new guy has a really neat design. Reminds me of Isaac from Dead Space.
Old 2014-05-16, 14:39   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Still, I never thought I'll see the day where I was more hyped for a new Call of Duty reveal than a new Halo reveal.

What kind of strange parallel universe did I fall into?
Old 2014-05-16, 14:39   Link #6
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Still, I never thought I'll see the day where I was more hyped for a new Call of Duty reveal than a new Halo reveal.

What kind of strange parallel universe did I fall into?
You're just that obsessed with Kevin Spacey, Chaos!
Old 2014-05-16, 14:42   Link #7
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Funny thing was, I didn't really give much thought to the man before this He was just... You know, there It's not like I was a huge fan before lol.
Old 2014-05-16, 14:47   Link #8
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
^Oh? Probably that then.

I'll get my Arbiter fix in Halo 2 HD then

I'll admit the new guy has a really neat design. Reminds me of Isaac from Dead Space.
Yea it's most likely a girl....because..pandering. :P
Old 2014-05-16, 14:53   Link #9
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

It's confirmed a guy though! I wouldn't mind a girl.

Quote:
Funny thing was, I didn't really give much thought to the man before this He was just... You know, there It's not like I was a huge fan before lol.
When I went into the Advanced Warfare thread... 100% of it was about Kevin Spacey. so i had to assume!
Old 2014-05-16, 15:03   Link #10
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
It's confirmed a guy though! I wouldn't mind a girl.

When I went into the Advanced Warfare thread... 100% of it was about Kevin Spacey. so i had to assume!
Oh? ...thank god... Only because it might have been that bitch in Halo 4. =\

......I miss the chick spartan from Reach...
Old 2014-05-16, 17:27   Link #11
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
It's confirmed a guy though!
...Where? That's blatantly a female Spartan.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 17:31   Link #12
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Is there a confirmed synopsis Also, I know Masterchief is on the bottom, but who is the one of top? Another Spartan or is it Masterchief's in a new armor? Trying maybe to symbolize past and present maybe.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 18:05   Link #13
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Josh Holmes refers to it as a He... so

Old 2014-05-16, 19:33   Link #14
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Is there a confirmed synopsis Also, I know Masterchief is on the bottom, but who is the one of top? Another Spartan or is it Masterchief's in a new armor? Trying maybe to symbolize past and present maybe.
New Spartan 4's or what ever... They are more human than Chief is. But weaker.

Something tells me this guy is going to be Halo's Nero...
Old 2014-05-16, 20:15   Link #15
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

If their are no playable Elites again i will rage again!
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 21:49   Link #16
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

So the way I understand it from the cover art, halo 5 is going to like halo 2 were we players take control both John and the unknown spartan.

At first I thought that the Spartan was either going to be Gabriel Thorne from Spartan ops, or Jun from Halo reach, or even Frederic, or even Naomi. Though I have to wonder is this spartan is a 4th gen or there could have a 5th gen that May have been in development after halo 4.

I also have to wonder if the armor is the mjolnir mark 7 even though it doesn't look like it.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 07:43   Link #17
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Josh Holmes refers to it as a He... so

I was ready to not buy this game until this confirmation. Thank goodness I don't have to be Sarah Face Palmher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Oh? ...thank god... Only because it might have been that bitch in Halo 4. =\

......I miss the chick spartan from Reach...
That could be both Noble Six and Kat depending on who was playing.

Though really. Palmer has been made the centerpiece in a bunch of Halo comics recently...and somehow they managed to make here even more of a precambrian knuckledragging meathead than she was in Spartan Ops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Actually not. Is a dude.

Spoiler for Actually no, is a dude:

Spoiler for Compared to female Spartans usually.:
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 20:09   Link #18
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Not a good comparison. Even makes it seem more femaley than male.

EITHER WAY....just better not be a Spartan Nero
Old 2014-05-18, 07:19   Link #19
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via MSN to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via Yahoo to xl_Legit_lx
Quote:
Nah Halo 5 was never officially announced yet, you might be thinking of the Anniversary thingy which is still coming this year I believe.
This is incorrect. Halo 4, 5 and 6 were announced as a trilogy before Halo 4 was released. We all knew that this trilogy would be done by 343 too, as that was also announced. It was just a release date and what console it would be for, that was not announced but we all sort of knew it would be for Xbox One.

The only thing that this shows is the title within Halo 5: Guardians which is new and some screenshots/cover art that was shown and of course that more info will be at E3.

I love[d] Halo up to about 3, and maybe Reach. I've played all of the Halo games, but the industry has changed Halo into something I dislike, and the multiplayer is heavily influenced by Call of Duty now. It's not the same, Halo 3 still had millions of people play a year after release, and Halo Reach lasted for a while too online, but Halo 4 was practically dead 9 months after release unfortunately. If they aim to bring back traditional rank system started in Halo 2, remove spring and fix the flinch issue with snipers and focus on the maps being built for fair game play (no more perks and ordinances would be great, but knowing how people are so used to CoD now, that's unlikely) might help the longevity.

As for singe player, if you have a tie-in series by Spielberg coming alongside Halo 5, I don't really see that being something to worry about. I know a lot of people play Halo for the lore, and that's fine but it was also built on the competitive aspect, or well it used to be.

Also, while that is a male, it did look like Naomi 010...which is why people thought that was a female spartan at first until 343 said it was not.
xl_Legit_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 07:48   Link #20
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I honestly was okay with having the sprint feature be on all the time. It was rather nice having the characters get a bit more mobility in addition to the constant jogging. But I do agree that there were some fundamental problems with Halo 4's multiplayer.

For four major games, the emphasis of Halo's MP in most cases has always been a game of strategic map control. Controlling vantage points/routes to the enemy base, and securing power weapon spawns to get an advantage over them. Even Team death match had this going for it. Replacing power weapon spawns with them as kill streak rewards? That just completely eliminates the need for map control in most instances.

Normally I'm not one to whine about "they changed it now it sucks", but the way Halo 4's MP population count dramatically spiraled down compared to the previous games (to the point where even Reach/Halo 3 had higher player counts) suggests there is something wrong here. Halo 4's mp just wasn't an engaging to the vast majority of people who had previously stuck with Halo games online for years post release.

Though I do have hopes that Halo 5 mp will go back to the series roots. 343 is a business that wants to make money, and the population drop in MP hurts it as a business. Smaller online population means less people are invested in the MP to buy Map pack DLC as compared to previous Halo games (by allot I imagine). Dramatically less DLC money flowing in compared to previous Halo games when it sold at retail about as well gets Microsoft higher ups waltzing over to ask why the DLC monies for multiplayer is less for this game. That results in 343 explaining to the Microsoft overlords all the new and exciting Call of Duty features they added to Halo to revolutionize and update it. That results in Microsoft suits laughing heartily, smacking 343 across the face, and telling them to cut it the fuck out and get them their DLC monies.

...or maybe they'll double down on the current MP mechanics because corporations aren't actually rational entities.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote