AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-15, 17:58   Link #981
Iggy_Pop

I thought it was weird that Mina's voice is similar to Rossiu , then I realized both of them are voiced by Mitsuki Saiga.
Old 2009-10-15, 18:33   Link #982
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by dear4life View Post
I don't think Misaki even knows. She was just as surprised as us. I believe it had something to do with the Gate (unexplained things happen in there), or it could have been Amber.
I can possibly accept the Amber explanation IMO. The Gate, from what I've seen so far, does paranormal thingys. Not even going there for now.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-10-15, 19:01   Link #983
Nvis
Where are the good animes

The OP was unlike the previous DtB.......
Old 2009-10-15, 19:40   Link #984
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Awesome OP and ED. Seeing Hei in such unusual clothes at the end of the ED was a bit odd though. And I bet you anything Suou's going to be riding trains around, like the OP shows; with that big-@$$ rifle, there's no other way she could get around.

I do hope they go along with the story as Suou and Hei travelling together though, rather than pulling the "endless chase" thing. That'll be one pointless thing they don't need when they have plenty of stuff to cover in a 12 episode series. (supposedly 12, anyway; I don't think there's been an official announcement about the episode number?)

[crazy thoughts]

Still way too early to tell obviously, but I wonder if they really are going to go with the oyajixschool girl ending here.....not that Hei's an actual oyaji, which might mean it's more likely on the other hand.

[/crazy thoughts]

And yes, it's not looking too good for Yin-fans. Yin looks to be symbolified now, which only makes it look even more like she's really dead. But at least they're giving her plenty of screentime for someone who's not really there though, as opposed to suddenly saying out of nowhere "she's dead, Jim" after nmo mention of her at all. And it looks indeed like whatever happened to Yin is what brought about the birth of hobo-Hei.

Of course there's nothing truly saying she's dead, though. For all we know, she could have been kidnapped (possibly with a plan to make Hei think she's dead) and is being used to create some super-doll world-takeover army, is being brainwashed to run some supernatural world network, or Char Aznable picked her up for his harem.

But for the Yin shippers, they certainly are glorifying her in Hei's mind, almost to the point of symbolification even; maybe they really did have a romantic relationship sometime in these past two years before whatever happened to her.
Old 2009-10-16, 00:52   Link #985
DangerMouse

Spoiler for Ep.2 voice cast list spoiler:

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2009-10-16 at 01:06.
Old 2009-10-16, 03:06   Link #986
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

But for the Yin shippers, they certainly are glorifying her in Hei's mind, almost to the point of symbolification even; maybe they really did have a romantic relationship sometime in these past two years before whatever happened to her.
Yeah, I'm starting to give up, the hopeless Yin fanboy that I am. I don't know, as long as there doesn't develop some weird romantic relationship between Suou and Hei, it's all good--DtB isn't about the romance, after all. That goes for that cow Kirihara, too.

It does look like, between seasons one and two, Yin really developed some social skills, and I think it's quite likely that something happened between Hei and Yin. I'm not saying it was necessarily romantic in nature--it could just be that Hei grew to appreciate her as a friend, not just a tool, although it's arguable that he already saw her as a friend, even before the end of season one. Who knows. She has death flags raising all around her, though. It's crazy, because one of the things I was looking forward to was Yin, but... oh well, DtB still kicks ass.

And the ED makes it look like she's alive!
Old 2009-10-16, 12:10   Link #987
Xacual

Well Yin was what 17 and Hei was 21 in the first season? I just think Hei and Suou having that kind of relationship is a lot weirder. I think its definitely easy to see that he though of most of the people on his team as friends especially by the end of the last episode.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-10-16, 13:17   Link #988
Tigerfire

Why do the awesome people always die in a small 5 min fight? be like DBZ! [Sarcasm] 23456 Eps for 1 fight FTW![/Sarcasm]
Old 2009-10-16, 13:49   Link #989
tezu

Am loving the new OP, it adds a nice touch to the anime and suits it quite well if we consider that the new protagonist seems to be Suoh now ^^ I am a little perplexed at the Yin-scenes, though. I never expected her to be in some kind of danger or appear naked in Hei's mind (reminds me of Gundam Seed and 00 xD) ^^; The only thing in s2 that I am sad about is that there's no Amber anymore which is real depressing for an Amber-fan =_=
Old 2009-10-16, 15:37   Link #990
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

the fansub on animeseason's veoh version is laughably bad...or the dude who did it is perverted... >_<

http://www.animeseason.com/darker-th...ini-episode-2/

fast forward to 16:30 (episode 2)....
Spoiler for bad subing or a joke?:
Old 2009-10-16, 16:08   Link #991
Sakabatou77

First off: Pecha survived. That 1 is down.

2nd: It doesn't look good concerning Yin. I wouldn't go so far as to say she is dead since we haven't seen what had happened. So for the Yin/Hei shippers, I wouldn't give up hope yet. Keep your heads up.

3rd thing: To me, is seems like Hei's power might have been stripped from him since his star disappeared.

And 3: Yay, Misaki!
Old 2009-10-16, 16:12   Link #992
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

btw, how many episodes will there be total?

I've heard it's 12 + 4 OVAs that take place btwn season 1 and 2.

Why aren't they making a full season of 26 eps?!!?!!?
Old 2009-10-17, 00:07   Link #993
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
btw, how many episodes will there be total?

I've heard it's 12 + 4 OVAs that take place btwn season 1 and 2.

Why aren't they making a full season of 26 eps?!!?!!?
GOOD question! This show so deserves a second full season, 12 is too short for something this good...
Old 2009-10-17, 00:12   Link #994
sintaki

i dont really like hei's new look >_>
Old 2009-10-17, 01:49   Link #995
blewin

woohoo! Darker than Black's got its own forum.

Same here. Give us back the Hei from season 1.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-10-17, 11:28   Link #996
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

^ Agreed. S1 Hei is one of the coolest anime chars ever created .

OP has in Misakiiiiiiii

I just wish moe chars didn't rule the OP

The blade-wielding samurai chick is cool

I forsee more fights between her and Hei in the future. I also hope than Yin's alive in ep 3 D;

Last edited by cloak_and_dagger; 2009-10-17 at 11:42.
Old 2009-10-17, 12:15   Link #997
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
the fansub on animeseason's veoh version is laughably bad...or the dude who did it is perverted... >_<

http://www.animeseason.com/darker-th...ini-episode-2/

fast forward to 16:30 (episode 2)....
Spoiler for bad subing or a joke?:
LOL.

But Hei wasn't really molesting her because he didn't know about Suou.
It was an accident
( poor Hei gets bad rep now for being a pedo lol )
Old 2009-10-17, 13:10   Link #998
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

this show deserves a full 26 episode series but seems its not gonna happen and so im dreading a lot of questions will remain unanswered in the end.

well i usually dont like making romantic links between serious characters (well Tieria is exceptional) but small talks and silent understanding between Hei and Yin were looking good and i'd really like to see them back.

i think it's totally out of question to bring hei and suou's romantic relationship here - that will be totally pedo-pervs!!! eewww

and good to see misaki's still obsessed with bk201
Old 2009-10-17, 18:15   Link #999
Iggy_Pop

I really hope that if this season is a success- which likely it will considering the positive response from Japan and abroad- a third one will be made. That is of course, only if the second season still left some questions unanswered, I don't want DTB to become a cash cow franchise.
Old 2009-10-17, 21:50   Link #1000
Nvis
Where are the good animes

It's only 12 episodes? If so, I'll be watching for the lulz.
Closed Thread