AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-26, 09:28   Link #1061
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

heh.. ok... I think it's going to be really good... *.* Her voice is great ! I always loved when she was saying something. From the beginning I thought her voice is quite dark and scary, but now... *.*

And, could someone translate it ? I know that at the beginning she is saying "Hei... where... No, why I" next they're talking about false passport or what ? I can understand few words, and I can guess what they are talking about, but I want to know it for sure...

And I suppose those 4 eps, would be much better than 2nd season, finally something interesting and DTB like...
Old 2010-01-29, 11:58   Link #1062
arkxkra
全力全開

Watched the new OVA trailer, Yin look scary, @.@'. What really happen there.

BTW, really hope there is a season 3, erm, maybe a movie?
Old 2010-01-31, 14:37   Link #1063
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Is this new one inbetween season I and II?
Old 2010-01-31, 17:56   Link #1064
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Is this new one inbetween season I and II?
Yes, a 4 episode OAD that bridges the gap between the seasons.
Old 2010-02-04, 20:57   Link #1065
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess View Post
Yes, a 4 episode OAD that bridges the gap between the seasons.
when are they going to be released?
Old 2010-02-04, 21:07   Link #1066
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
when are they going to be released?
The first just came out; the second's gonna be released in March along with the 2nd DVD of S2.
Old 2010-02-05, 03:37   Link #1067
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
The first just came out; the second's gonna be released in March along with the 2nd DVD of S2.
sweet. cheers for that.
Old 2010-03-18, 02:10   Link #1068
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

DtB is pretty confusing. We still have no idea what the hell Hell's Gate is or how can there be the fake sky as well as fake stars and how contractors exist. I wish for season 3 to clear these left-clifhanger up.
Old 2010-03-18, 09:07   Link #1069
Seihai
スマイリウム

To me, those 'cliffhangers' you speak of are just part of the 'mystery' part in DtB.
But yeah, I agree that the anime overdid it a bit with all the open questions.
They just turned out to be more in season 2 when I thought season 2 would explain things, but no. lol
Oh well.
Old 2010-03-18, 18:47   Link #1070
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
DtB is pretty confusing. We still have no idea what the hell Hell's Gate is or how can there be the fake sky as well as fake stars and how contractors exist. I wish for season 3 to clear these left-clifhanger up.
What are you talking about? Did you even watch the show? The whole show is fictional. They stated several times in the show that Hell's Gate randomly appeared. Fake stars represent contractors, who got their powers when Hell's gate and Heaven's Gate both appeared. And there isn't any real "cliffhanger" because they can just end the series after S2. Possibly more OVA's or a movie.
Old 2010-03-18, 18:59   Link #1071
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
What are you talking about? Did you even watch the show? The whole show is fictional. They stated several times in the show that Hell's Gate randomly appeared. Fake stars represent contractors, who got their powers when Hell's gate and Heaven's Gate both appeared.
Have you ever read any fantasy? Part of what makes a good story is reasons for whatever the heck is going on. And I'll admit, DtB hasn't gone a ton into the background behind why things have happened but that's no reason to say that they never will be addressed. With the new agency formed at the end of S2 it's even more possible that they'll get to the bottom of what happened and give the show, what most fans would call, a satisfying conclusion.
Old 2010-03-19, 20:04   Link #1072
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Have you ever read any fantasy? Part of what makes a good story is reasons for whatever the heck is going on. And I'll admit, DtB hasn't gone a ton into the background behind why things have happened but that's no reason to say that they never will be addressed. With the new agency formed at the end of S2 it's even more possible that they'll get to the bottom of what happened and give the show, what most fans would call, a satisfying conclusion.
The mystery was a part of the show. Many things were left ambiguous because the show, first season at least, was based on a different story per couple episodes. I never said that things will never be addressed? Read the post, I simply stated that they Could end it after S2.
Old 2010-04-04, 14:19   Link #1073
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I seriously think season two would have been so much better if Suou's Contractor ability wasn't so mind-bogglingly retarded.
Old 2010-04-04, 15:10   Link #1074
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I seriously think season two would have been so much better if Suou's Contractor ability wasn't so mind-bogglingly retarded.
I know right? But then again, I never really liked Suou as a character anyway, she always annoyed me.
Old 2010-04-04, 18:56   Link #1075
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
The mystery was a part of the show. Many things were left ambiguous because the show, first season at least, was based on a different story per couple episodes. I never said that things will never be addressed? Read the post, I simply stated that they Could end it after S2.
If DTB ends on a bad note with such a crappy season (compared to season 1), me and DTB fans everywhere will flip out!!!
Old 2010-04-05, 15:05   Link #1076
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
If DTB ends on a bad note with such a crappy season (compared to season 1), me and DTB fans everywhere will flip out!!!
First of all, I'd be surprised if they were a fan and did not lose interest from watching the first two episodes of the second season. Who wants to watch a little girl as the main character with the series named DARKER THAN BLACK Seriously. I'm not even sure that a 3rd season would solve anything. It might even be worse.
Old 2010-04-06, 10:27   Link #1077
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Question : How did Suou become a contractor all of a sudden?

Is it the fact that anyone can become a contractor at anytime. If so, why does this happen?

Btw, I am on ep. 4 of S2.
Old 2010-04-06, 11:16   Link #1078
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
First of all, I'd be surprised if they were a fan and did not lose interest from watching the first two episodes of the second season. Who wants to watch a little girl as the main character with the series named DARKER THAN BLACK Seriously. I'm not even sure that a 3rd season would solve anything. It might even be worse.
There's nothing inherently wrong with season two's choice of Suou as a character. I don't mind her at all. What bothers me intensely is just how dumb her ability is. I'd much rather liked her to have a more "normal" Contractor ability.

I mean, yeah, the Magician had a similar power, but his was just infinitely cooler, since he could just whip out whatever he wanted.

A lot of what made me really enjoy season two was watching Hei fight with Hazuki. She's basically his distaff counterpart, complete with grappling wires and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztech View Post
Question : How did Suou become a contractor all of a sudden?

Is it the fact that anyone can become a contractor at anytime. If so, why does this happen?

Btw, I am on ep. 4 of S2.
Spoiler for season one spoilers:
Old 2010-04-06, 11:46   Link #1079
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
There's nothing inherently wrong with season two's choice of Suou as a character. I don't mind her at all. What bothers me intensely is just how dumb her ability is. I'd much rather liked her to have a more "normal" Contractor ability.

I mean, yeah, the Magician had a similar power, but his was just infinitely cooler, since he could just whip out whatever he wanted.

A lot of what made me really enjoy season two was watching Hei fight with Hazuki. She's basically his distaff counterpart, complete with grappling wires and everything.

Spoiler for season one spoilers:
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2010-04-06, 19:12   Link #1080
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztech View Post
Spoiler for reply:
Did you watch Season 2? Some part of me is telling you to stop, because IMO season 2 ruined the badass-ness of the show. But if you're reading the spoilers here, might as well watch it.