AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-02-10, 21:24   Link #1
Draders
... :D

Karaoke Maker 3 public release

Karaoke Maker 3 is a tool that allows you to design effect templates on a per line, per syllable, and per character basis and then apply that effect to all lines, syllables and characters.

Features
- Over 60 function tags such as ceiling, hex colour sequence, for loop, and if statement.
- Ability to automatically add lead in and out times.
- Simple scripting language using elements of both C based languages and karaoke maker 2 scripts. Objects include Events, Templates, Variables, and Arrays.
- Unicode input and output.
-KM3 scripts save right in your ASS karaoke timing file so you only have to open one file to edit a script and rebuild your karaoke.
- Active and open minded development.

Karaoke Maker v3.0.4b

Documentation

Last edited by Draders; 2007-03-08 at 22:17. Reason: Updated download link.
Draders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 13:00   Link #2
MexFX
Waiting...
*Fansubber

Oh man..................I love it , and so the documents.......

but stupid quistion.....Can I do per syllable stuff with your tool( sorry , but I am new In this Kara Thing and I didn't use your tool before )

another one ..... Could you post some advanced examples ?....I really love it... and I wanna do something cool with it ....

thanks for sharing your tools
MexFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 13:31   Link #3
Draders

Yes you can do per syllable stuff as well as per character.

For per syllable you set the linemode in your template to "lps" or "1"

Code:
Template awsome {
   template = [sleft,"{\alpha&HFF&}","{\alpha&H00&}"]"{\t("[0]","[1]",\fscx200\fscy200)}"[s][sright,"{\fscx100\fscy100\alpha&HFF&}"];
   linemode = lps;
}
For line per character set line mode to "lpc" or "2"

Code:
Template awsome {
   template = [sleft,"{\alpha&HFF&}","{\alpha&H00&}"]"{\t("[0]","[1]",\fscx200\fscy200)}"[s][sright,"{\fscx100\fscy100\alpha&HFF&}"];
   linemode = 2;
}

I'll post some advanced scripts soon, I'm a little busy today.
Old 2007-02-12, 08:36   Link #4
Draders

Bug fix and sample script!

Karaoke Maker 3.0.2b (February 12 2007)
- Fixed a bug where syllable effects with a length of 1 would not be added to the final line.

The sample script I made is an adaption of the Eureka seveN 2nd opening karaoke I made a while ago. Info and download link available here.
Old 2007-02-12, 09:01   Link #5
MexFX
Waiting...
*Fansubber

Geez.........thanks for fast reply and sorry coz I post before reading the rest of ducoments

I really like Eureka sevenN OP.......so, I'll get My **s outta here and try to study that sample script....

but before that ...... where can I find v2 r vs1 ....?

you know, starting with a cpmplex version not really good (ofcourse if they're quite simple than this version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draders View Post
I'll post some advanced scripts soon, I'm a little busy today.[/URL].

take your time, we're not n hurry...... I ask you for Advanced script just to see what can I do with this tool, and the first impression is ..." I can do some coooool kara with it"

thanks again...

Last edited by MexFX; 2007-02-12 at 09:12.
Old 2007-02-12, 09:13   Link #6
Draders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexFX View Post
but before that ...... where can I find v2 r vs1 ....?
What do you mean by v2 r vs1?
Old 2007-02-12, 09:16   Link #7
MexFX
Waiting...
*Fansubber

Quote:
What do you mean by v2 r vs1?

sorry........I just mean is there any another versions before this one ????
Old 2007-02-12, 09:27   Link #8
Draders

There was previous versions. Karaoke Maker 1 was lost in a hard drive crash and I no longer have it. Karaoke Maker 2 I still have but it's no longer being worked on and overall I would say it is less easier to use.
Old 2007-02-12, 09:34   Link #9
MexFX
Waiting...
*Fansubber

Quote:
There was previous versions. Karaoke Maker 1 was lost in a hard drive crash and I no longer have it. Karaoke Maker 2 I still have but it's no longer being worked on and overall I would say it is less easier to use.
Aha.... I just think they'll be easier than this one

ok Drades ... I'll complete reading the document and thanks for everything

C.U
Old 2007-02-13, 15:08   Link #10
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
Rather complicated... You don't have any good guides made out. I will try and learn this and post my finding. It looks promising.
Old 2007-02-15, 13:15   Link #11
Draders

Update:

Karaoke Maker 3.0.3 (February 15 2007)
- Added [bord] and [shad] tags.
- Added [PI] and [E] constants.
- Added ability to comment your script.
- Added ability for Templates to take parameters.
- Fixed [nc] returns centiseconds instead of milliseconds.
Old 2007-02-15, 13:42   Link #12
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
Its getting better. But it doesn't allow for indentation. It forces me to use the spacebar instead of being able to use tab.
Old 2007-02-15, 14:18   Link #13
Draders

Quick bug fix:

Karaoke Maker 3.0.3b (February 15 2007)
- Fixed generated karaoke saving in the windows default code page instead of the encoding of the origional ass script loaded.

Thanks to darkfire for finding this bug.

Edit: I do plan on making a more scripting friedly textbox for KM3, but as I am only one person I can only do so much. You can always write the script in a seperate program and then import it.

If anyone is interested in helping on the project to speed up development whether it's KM3, Perseus or just web code I'd be happy to talk. You can email me at draders@draders.com or post a message on the forums at forums.draders.com
Old 2007-02-20, 15:18   Link #14
Draders

Another update!

Karaoke Maker 3.0.3c (February 20 2007)
- Added [invert] tag.
- Added tabbing to script text box as well as the ability to set it's font.
- Changed [colour] and [alpha] tags to return the value with it's '&H' and '&' surrounding it.
- Fixed [shad], [bord], and [alpha,2] tags returning wrong values or nothing.
- Fixed stack overflow crash caused by variables getting caught in an infinite refreshing loop.
- Fixed other small issues.
Old 2007-02-21, 19:13   Link #15
Uska
Guardian of the Seal

Send a message via AIM to Uska Send a message via Yahoo to Uska
Man draders I gotta learn to code to use your karaoke maker. hahaha
Uska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 20:15   Link #16
contrite

Wow! that looks so cool! yeah!
contrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 22:41   Link #17
Draders

New version of karaoke maker out.

Karaoke Maker 3.0.4 (March 07 2007)
- Added clipping automation to templates.
- Added clipping tags [clip.left], [clip.top], [clip.right], [clip.bottom], [clip.x1], [clip.y1], [clip.x2], and [clip.y2].
- Added play res tags [resx] and [resy].
- Added is even tag [even] and is odd tag [odd].
- Added more error checking.
- Fixed various [if] bugs.
- Fixed various small bugs.

More info on clipping at http://forums.draders.com/viewtopic.php?p=56#56.
Old 2007-03-08, 11:57   Link #18
Draders

To show you how easy it really is to write a KM3 script I wrote a comparison comparing Aegisubs "simple-k-replacer.lua" script with a KM3 script that does the same thing.
Old 2007-03-08, 12:40   Link #19
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Uh... what exactly does that comparison tell you? No, wait, I'll tell you: absolutely nothing. You're comparing apples and oranges.

simple-k-replacer is a general utility script that lets you replace \k tags with arbitrary strings, and also lets you access various metadata such as syllable start and end times. It also lets you do calculations with these variables, and if one were so inclined one could potentially run (almost) arbitrary Lua code from the dialog box (by enclosing it in %% signs), and therefore access any variable in the Automation environment.
This means simple-k-replacer has a lot of code related to deciding which style the replacement should be applied to, exposing certain internal Automation variables as $THING, evaluating expressions (and throwing errors if they can't be parsed) and interfacing with Aegisub's Export dialog box, plus some sanity-checking.

YOUR "simple-k-replacer" on the other hand is really equivalent with the text in the "\k replacement" field of the Export dialog in this screenshot:

plus some extra environment business. Did you actually understand what simple-k-replacer actually does? It doesn't seem so.

If you wanted to make a fair comparison, you'd take some random effect and compare what kind of code you'd have to write in a custom automation script versus the code you'd have to write in a KM3 script.
Comparing Aegisub's factorybrew scripts to a generic KM3 effect script is extremely pointless, since in KM3 you already have all the expression parsing, environment interfacing and so on and so forth as a part of the program. If you wanted to make that sort of comparison you'd have to take all your C# (or whatever language you're using) code for parsing KM3 scripts into account as well.

That being said, KM3 does seem easy to use, potentially easier than writing your own automation scripts, but it's NOT easier to use than Aegisub's factorybrews.

Edit: the actual Automation equivalent of your example is something like this:
Code:
include("karaskel.lua")

-- Define the name of the script
name = "bogus"
-- Define a description of the script
description = "does something"

-- just some pretty text in the export dialog
configuration  = {
	[1] = {
		name = "label1";
		kind = "label";
		label = [[this script does something]];
		hint = ""
	}
}

version, kind= 3, 'basic_ass'

function do_syllable(meta, styles, config, line, syl)
	local text, ktext
        -- text is the text of the syllable
        text = syl.text
        -- ktext is what the \k tag gets replaced with
        ktext = "{\bord2}{\t(" .. syl.start_time .. "," .. syl.end_time .. ",\bord5)}"
        return ktext .. text
end

function do_line(meta, styles, config, line)
        return karaskel.do_line(meta, styles, config, line)
end
Note that about 50% of this is generic copypasta that you don't need to write yourself.

(Disclaimer: I don't actually know Lua and I can't actually program Automation, I just hacked a bit.)
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2007-03-08 at 13:30.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 15:27   Link #20
Draders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
simple-k-replacer is a general utility script that lets you replace \k tags with arbitrary strings, and also lets you access various metadata such as syllable start and end times. It also lets you do calculations with these variables
Everything said there KM3 can do. The KM3 script in the comparison replaces the \k tags with \t tags using start and end time metadata from the timing script and if I chose to, I could of done calculations on them. If I did <[0] + 100> in the template it would add 100 ms to the start time of the script.

Quote:
This means simple-k-replacer has a lot of code related to deciding which style the replacement should be applied to, ... evaluating expressions (and throwing errors if they can't be parsed) ... , plus some sanity-checking.
Karaoke Maker 3 has all these things built in, only they have defaults, if you don't specify a style, it will apply it to all of them, more over if there is no k tags in the line, and you don't specify how to apply the template to the line, it wont apply it and return the line without the template. KM3 throws errors if the parameters of tags given are unparsable only km3 doesn't make you write this yourself.

Quote:
Did you actually understand what simple-k-replacer actually does? It doesn't seem so.
Yes I do. It replaces k tags with other strings like it's name suggests. Only because km3 scripts work quite differently then aegisub, it's hard to make an exact equivilant, as depending on how and what you want to replace things with will effect how the script should be written.

Quote:
Comparing Aegisub's factorybrew scripts to a generic KM3 effect script is extremely pointless, since in KM3 you already have all the expression parsing, environment interfacing and so on and so forth as a part of the program. If you wanted to make that sort of comparison you'd have to take all your C# (or whatever language you're using) code for parsing KM3 scripts into account as well.
Do you think line-per-syllable.lua calculates the x position of each line in the script itself? No that's built into aegisub, and is accessed by the script just like all the tags in km3, so how is that any different. I only have more of them to make it easier to make scripts for which is what I was comparing in the first place.

Quote:
That being said, KM3 does seem easy to use, potentially easier than writing your own automation scripts, but it's NOT easier to use than Aegisub's factorybrews.
It may seem easier to use Aegi's factory brew scripts due to the nice wizards they have, but when you get into larger more advanced effects, typing all that into one little single lined textbox gets really ugly. And I could of easily added variables to the top of that km3 script to fill in all the data you would need in one spot so you don't even have to look at the script which is just as easy.

The KM3 gui is just a temp gui while I design and build the real one, Perseus.dll the backbone of km3, next to Perseus.Automation.dll, has much more functionality then is exposed in this gui. It's actually open to use and partial documentation can be found at http://perseus.draders.com/pdoc/.

Also the so called actual equiviliant is still much longer then the KM3 script.