AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-06-11, 22:58   Link #21
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
A sniper that doesn't have enough firepower to take down his enemies is what I call weak. He did a good job supporting Nami, but his plants are really no more than a hindrance against tough guys.
Usopp's gotta wait to get his powerup in Elbaf
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-12, 04:07   Link #22
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As promised back then, I say Ulti coming back after getting a giant hole in her gut is bullshit. Couldn't Nami's new weapon have been tested on someone else? I do find it funny that Ulti ended up being a guinea pig for both Big Mom and Nami though.
You are forgetting that Zoans are tanks, and can recover fast from wounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I have to say, I'm getting BTFO'd by Oda by expecting the story to hit a tragedy soon to end Act 3.

I had the opposite prediction. I knew for a fact that she was going to come back but I'm flabbergasted that this was how Ulti (and Page One) got taken out. I just can't believe it. It looks more like Nami won by accident than by her own ingenuity. I'm still waiting for proper fights for Nami and Ussop. Give Ulti and Page One proper fights.

Funny how you complain about “pacing” but then complain about how certain fights go that would just make things go on longer, there is no pleasing you people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Just to clarify, I'm not really against the idea of Yamato joining in a permanent capacity, but I feel there's two big barriers that get in the way of making that a reality: The first (and I believe I brought this up when she was first revealed,) is Oden's journal. I feel it's too risky to let someone who may be privy to the world's greatest secrets join the main cast at this point. And yes, I know some may point to Robin as a counter-argument, but it's not like she's omniscient, either... otherwise, she wouldn't be hunting down the Poneglyphs in the first place (heck, I don't even think she was aware of the Road Poneglyphs until Zou). The second barrier is that I don't see any specific role for Yamato to fulfill should she join. Again, people may point to Robin, but her ability to read the ancient texts is vitally important if the crew wants to reach Laugh Tale. Even Jinbei, who joined much later, proved his worth as a helmsman by sailing the Sunny through a freaking tsunami. So unless Oda is about to reveal some really unique ability specific to Yamato during this clash with her dad, I can only see her being another Vivi, at best....
I’m pretty sure Oden didn’t reveal anything revealing about Laughtale in his journal other than that Roger named it that, also funny how you mentioned Vivi considering how it looks like Oda is building up her return and joining the crew permanently, also I heard somewhere that Vivi was supposed to join the crew permanently earlier at the end of Alabasta but editorial interference got in the way.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2021-06-12 at 21:47. Reason: Please use the [edit] button to add content to your post instead of double-posting.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-12, 09:57   Link #23
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I had the opposite prediction. I knew for a fact that she was going to come back but I'm flabbergasted that this was how Ulti (and Page One) got taken out. I just can't believe it. It looks more like Nami won by accident than by her own ingenuity. I'm still waiting for proper fights for Nami and Ussop. Give Ulti and Page One proper fights.
Except Nami and Ussop are the two members of the Straw hats who are the closest to ordinary humans power-wise, and they were up against two straight-up superhuman brawlers packing zoan devil fruit abilities (one of whom is stronger than the other) who'd be able to annihilate them in a fair fight. The result from the first round of them facing Ulti and Page One was to be expected. It's like pitting a tiny common grass spider up against an angry grizzly bear.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-20, 13:53   Link #24
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
Except Nami and Ussop are the two members of the Straw hats who are the closest to ordinary humans power-wise, and they were up against two straight-up superhuman brawlers packing zoan devil fruit abilities (one of whom is stronger than the other) who'd be able to annihilate them in a fair fight. The result from the first round of them facing Ulti and Page One was to be expected. It's like pitting a tiny common grass spider up against an angry grizzly bear.
Or a wolf spider against an angry tiger.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-20, 18:01   Link #25
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
Funny how you complain about “pacing” but then complain about how certain fights go that would just make things go on longer, there is no pleasing you people.
When did I ever complain about pacing? I don't think I've ever complained about pacing in the One Piece manga. I'm in it for the long haul so I'm not fussed.

But I have to ask: are you picking fights with people for no reason now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
I still wanted to see them show growth to overcome that challenge.

Nami has more than enough firepower with Zeus to deal with Ulti. As marvelB said, it feels like Nami's victory is diluted due to all the damage Ulti took from Big Mom. My own comment on this is that the clash is missing the wits that I've come to expect from Nami. Also, the fact that Nami didn't defeat the Zoan form and just the regular human form irks me for some reason.

Page One is an even more miserable affair with him getting one-shotted by Big Mom. I have no idea how Ussop could have potentially dealt with him but if he somehow did get a win over a Tobi Roppo, I would have given him mad respect. Maybe he could only do so by coming up with a unique Ussop strategy? We may never know now...

I am curious though: would you use the same reasoning for Nami and Ussop not having straightforward fights with the Tobi Roppo for excusing any potential 1vs1 fights for them against the Blackbeard Pirates?

I thought Oda was prepping for an Ussop vs Van Augur sniper fight but I guess using your reasoning Ussop should never be able to fight against him in a fair fight either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯