AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-06-14, 17:29   Link #3361
Shelbrit
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekodamashii View Post
Well, it's just my opinion but, the span of time in the novel doesn't matter much to relationship progress. If author wanted to, he could have the MC and heroines married within hours of meeting.
Ah yes jet marriage, anyway. Rio being a 'beta' male so it is not his choice anyway. If the harem's size was smaller it would be better tho...
Shelbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-17, 18:23   Link #3362
Roberto1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
don't get me wrong, jagt calendar is amazing, but even if in LN timeline only months have passed, in real time we have been reading for years and people are getting impatient
__________________
Roberto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-19, 10:04   Link #3363
Alisa~Chan~
A Bat Toting FOX~!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: SECRET!
Ah~ it's been so long since i was last on in this website and have came back since i started reading this again and have refreshed my memories~

Anyways~ I am just seeing some people saying that the calendar is irrelevant and just wanna say something~ Please don't take offense in this but i think your wrong~ For you it might be meaningless considering how small the progress might've been~ but i think it's important~ Like how that other person said~ it's about what happened during in that time span and the circumstances of the characters~

Sorry~ i am bad with words and how to write my feelings even if typing is my main way of communicating as a mute~ But i am trying to work on it as i work on my novel~
Alisa~Chan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-19, 15:05   Link #3364
nekodamashii
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa~Chan~ View Post
Ah~ it's been so long since i was last on in this website and have came back since i started reading this again and have refreshed my memories~

Anyways~ I am just seeing some people saying that the calendar is irrelevant and just wanna say something~ Please don't take offense in this but i think your wrong~ For you it might be meaningless considering how small the progress might've been~ but i think it's important~ Like how that other person said~ it's about what happened during in that time span and the circumstances of the characters~

Sorry~ i am bad with words and how to write my feelings even if typing is my main way of communicating as a mute~ But i am trying to work on it as i work on my novel~
I TOOK OFFENSE!!! hahahaha just kidding.

Now for the calendar, I never called it meaningless, perish the thought in fact; I'm very thankful for jagt's calendar almanac as it helps with seeing the progression of events and their length in-story. Personally, as a person of the "I don't care for Haruto's girlfriend-less age faction", my point is simply that (time = progress) is a faulty equation. many years don't bring about relationship progress as naturally as the passage of time and a few days don't necessarily mean no progress. For a relation to advance there needs to be a trigger, the chemistry between the 2 people should also be taken into consideration. Author could have introduced said triggers anytime he wanted in the story across the 19 vols that were released on the span of 7 years irl. An example of such triggers would be the thoughts of Miharu on vol 16 when Charlotte declared romantic war on the other girls close to Rio, another is Miharu's confession (indirect) to Rio on vol10. Both triggers were introduced and then sorta shelved by the author, they led to nothing and contributed nothing to the plot, and please don't tell me Miahru hugged Rio from behind on vol17 or sth, cause at that rate of character development and relationship growth we would need 50vols or so to see any romantic developments.

To summarize my standpoint, the author never showed anything that makes me believe in him or put my trust on the future romantic map of this novel's main cast. He could finish the novel with/o any worthwhile romantic development and I wouldn't be the least surprised. You guys say that some vols happened on the span of a few days but, if Haruto spent a few days with some of the heroines 19 times with nothing happening, then when is anything gonna happen? Can you be sure that anything is even gonna happen? Correct me if I'm wrong but, the moments we are looking for don't take days of preparation or need a wall of text. A confession, for one, is only 1 line in the book and takes minutes to be carried out story time wise.
nekodamashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-19, 18:16   Link #3365
Marco
A lazy reader.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekodamashii View Post
I TOOK OFFENSE!!! hahahaha just kidding.

Now for the calendar, I never called it meaningless, perish the thought in fact; I'm very thankful for jagt's calendar almanac as it helps with seeing the progression of events and their length in-story. Personally, as a person of the "I don't care for Haruto's girlfriend-less age faction", my point is simply that (time = progress) is a faulty equation. many years don't bring about relationship progress as naturally as the passage of time and a few days don't necessarily mean no progress. For a relation to advance there needs to be a trigger, the chemistry between the 2 people should also be taken into consideration. Author could have introduced said triggers anytime he wanted in the story across the 19 vols that were released on the span of 7 years irl. An example of such triggers would be the thoughts of Miharu on vol 16 when Charlotte declared romantic war on the other girls close to Rio, another is Miharu's confession (indirect) to Rio on vol10. Both triggers were introduced and then sorta shelved by the author, they led to nothing and contributed nothing to the plot, and please don't tell me Miahru hugged Rio from behind on vol17 or sth, cause at that rate of character development and relationship growth we would need 50vols or so to see any romantic developments.

To summarize my standpoint, the author never showed anything that makes me believe in him or put my trust on the future romantic map of this novel's main cast. He could finish the novel with/o any worthwhile romantic development and I wouldn't be the least surprised. You guys say that some vols happened on the span of a few days but, if Haruto spent a few days with some of the heroines 19 times with nothing happening, then when is anything gonna happen? Can you be sure that anything is even gonna happen? Correct me if I'm wrong but, the moments we are looking for don't take days of preparation or need a wall of text. A confession, for one, is only 1 line in the book and takes minutes to be carried out story time wise.
Being one of the people who said it's important to consider the time inside the story, I did clarify that "time" was not the only variable in th equation, but one of at least three with the characters and their idiosyncrasy, and the circumstances with a proper analysis.

While I agree with the point of the author's authority in the development, we can also say that he actually can't do anything he wants with his characters. That is, if he wants to build a natural story and keep selling his novel.
He could've made his characters bolder from the very beginning and we wouldn't be having this discussion.
But, well, I personally wouldn't read a novel like that.
In this case, he made a protagonist that has low self-esteem and thinks that he will stain the pureness of his friends.
Liselotte's character is one to hide her emotions and be more serious.
Satsuki would rather supress her feelings if her friend's in love with the same person.
The author can't just forget their idiosyncrasy and force "progress". He can't help but take more time to lead the characters to a desirable change.

Anyways, I'm inclined to agree that he can sow more seeds here and there. But considering that the pace is already appropriate, he'll risk destroying the spontaneousness, making it forced.

Well, I keep repeating that it has to be natural because an important part of every story actually builds itself, limiting the author's power.
We don't want to say: where the hell did this development come from?
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-20, 20:31   Link #3366
Alisa~Chan~
A Bat Toting FOX~!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: SECRET!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekodamashii View Post
I TOOK OFFENSE!!! hahahaha just kidding.

Now for the calendar, I never called it meaningless, perish the thought in fact; I'm very thankful for jagt's calendar almanac as it helps with seeing the progression of events and their length in-story. Personally, as a person of the "I don't care for Haruto's girlfriend-less age faction", my point is simply that (time = progress) is a faulty equation. many years don't bring about relationship progress as naturally as the passage of time and a few days don't necessarily mean no progress. For a relation to advance there needs to be a trigger, the chemistry between the 2 people should also be taken into consideration. Author could have introduced said triggers anytime he wanted in the story across the 19 vols that were released on the span of 7 years irl. An example of such triggers would be the thoughts of Miharu on vol 16 when Charlotte declared romantic war on the other girls close to Rio, another is Miharu's confession (indirect) to Rio on vol10. Both triggers were introduced and then sorta shelved by the author, they led to nothing and contributed nothing to the plot, and please don't tell me Miahru hugged Rio from behind on vol17 or sth, cause at that rate of character development and relationship growth we would need 50vols or so to see any romantic developments.

To summarize my standpoint, the author never showed anything that makes me believe in him or put my trust on the future romantic map of this novel's main cast. He could finish the novel with/o any worthwhile romantic development and I wouldn't be the least surprised. You guys say that some vols happened on the span of a few days but, if Haruto spent a few days with some of the heroines 19 times with nothing happening, then when is anything gonna happen? Can you be sure that anything is even gonna happen? Correct me if I'm wrong but, the moments we are looking for don't take days of preparation or need a wall of text. A confession, for one, is only 1 line in the book and takes minutes to be carried out story time wise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
Being one of the people who said it's important to consider the time inside the story, I did clarify that "time" was not the only variable in th equation, but one of at least three with the characters and their idiosyncrasy, and the circumstances with a proper analysis.

While I agree with the point of the author's authority in the development, we can also say that he actually can't do anything he wants with his characters. That is, if he wants to build a natural story and keep selling his novel.
He could've made his characters bolder from the very beginning and we wouldn't be having this discussion.
But, well, I personally wouldn't read a novel like that.
In this case, he made a protagonist that has low self-esteem and thinks that he will stain the pureness of his friends.
Liselotte's character is one to hide her emotions and be more serious.
Satsuki would rather supress her feelings if her friend's in love with the same person.
The author can't just forget their idiosyncrasy and force "progress". He can't help but take more time to lead the characters to a desirable change.

Anyways, I'm inclined to agree that he can sow more seeds here and there. But considering that the pace is already appropriate, he'll risk destroying the spontaneousness, making it forced.

Well, I keep repeating that it has to be natural because an important part of every story actually builds itself, limiting the author's power.
We don't want to say: where the hell did this development come from?
Oh thank goodness~ i don't want another internet argument just because of something like this~ Thank you for your understanding~

I agree with this lazy one over here~ the author can't rush things most of all now that we are this deep into the story~ and considering the many factors the author has to keep in mind of (As an author myself i am really impressed how they managed to keep it all together and not forget everything) Like how Certain characters would act or the how they would react to the circumstances around them~
of course i am not saying that they kept everything intact like how they made Flora do nothing but worry and be sad all the time now~ I am re-reading this again in Vol. 1 since i started at Vol. 4 last time but after seeing the posts here i decided to really start from the first Volume~ In the first Volume~ Flora has this surprising assertiveness to her that is now gone in later Volumes~ For Christina~ I felt like she has mellowed out a bit~ a little like her sister in the first volumes but i guess it's because of what she just went through before and after they reunited from Vol. 12(?)-14~

But anyways~ I just wanna say that with the overall flow of the story~ having a confession now would kinda break the flow~ but for some reason my mind is just imagining Rio having another fight of his life while protecting Miharu and the others and just unconsciously screaming his zeal like "I Promised. I promised that we would meet again, so i could protect you with my life. And that! I will be making sure to fulfill!" before charging through a load of super powerful enemies and awakening as the seventh hero that i am suspecting he is~ and i am very much all for it~
Alisa~Chan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-22, 02:01   Link #3367
Snowbold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: I've fallen and I can't get up.
I am curious with trepidation about two things on the anime.

1) Is it 12 episodes?
2) What will they cut in order to have Aishia a lead character?

If it is 12 episodes, I don't know how they will get to Aishia without either cutting novels or content throughout.
I imagine they will cut stuff from Seirei no Tami like Rio cooking, duels, the black wyverns, etc. They will probably limit Yagumo to 1 (2 max) episode.

What do you guys think they will do?

I just hope they don't butcher it and add something insulting like in Hachinan Tte that added that clown scene, I was offended with that stupidity.
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-22, 03:45   Link #3368
Alisa~Chan~
A Bat Toting FOX~!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: SECRET!
I think it would last until 24 episodes since it would feel rushed if it's just 12 episodes just to cover up until Vol. 4-5 of the LN~ If it's 12 then the anime would be really rushed~ As the others have said~ the novel's pace is really slow and it's important to keep that way or it would just feel really shitty if they planned to fit 4-5 Volumes of the LN in just 12 episodes~
Alisa~Chan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-22, 17:58   Link #3369
Roberto1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
24 chapters is impossible, forget it, even more popular LN never have more than 12 chapters
__________________
Roberto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-22, 18:33   Link #3370
haseo0408
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
I hope it┤s 24 episodes, volumes 1 to 3 are just the prologue, the whole thing would be rushed as hell with just 12.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-22, 20:05   Link #3371
Alisa~Chan~
A Bat Toting FOX~!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: SECRET!
With those thoughts in mind~ lets just keep our fingers crossed and hope to the high heavens that it would at the very least be a 24 episode and covers 4 Volumes at most~

On another note~ has anyone ever thought of Erika turning yandere for Rio in their next encounter~ I can somehow just imagine him during their second fight Rio would just let out his feelings and somehow Erika recognizes him as one of her students and just laughs maniacally~ And in another scenario~ i can imagine her getting the jump on everyone and taking Rio's first kiss in front of everyone and proposes(threatens) him that if he marries her she would stop the war~
Forgive me as it's just my stupid brain's imagination when caffeinated~
Alisa~Chan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-22, 20:28   Link #3372
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I also hope for 2 cour but I'm having not much of an expectations on it. If its only 1 cour, then do the prolong of the story (vol 1-3) but I'm really hoping to see a wedding dress here (vol 5)
__________________
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-22, 20:33   Link #3373
Marco
A lazy reader.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
https://www.facebook.com/10002596264...9162905625790/
Preview.

https://www.facebook.com/10002596264...8916205650460/
Opening.
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-22, 21:13   Link #3374
Mirable
ミラベル
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa~Chan~ View Post
On another note~ has anyone ever thought of Erika turning yandere for Rio in their next encounter~ I can somehow just imagine him during their second fight Rio would just let out his feelings and somehow Erika recognizes him as one of her students and just laughs maniacally~ And in another scenario~ i can imagine her getting the jump on everyone and taking Rio's first kiss in front of everyone and proposes(threatens) him that if he marries her she would stop the war~
Forgive me as it's just my stupid brain's imagination when caffeinated~
That would be hilarious and weird if that really happen lol, Consider Rio did "kill" her once (i mean there is not many story about villain turn to heroine after got kill by MC )

Well if author really want it, Erika seriously need a long redemption and it's going to be really hard to forgive her past action. The whole of her insanity is she still can't get over the death of her fiancÚ.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-23, 01:19   Link #3375
KairuParreno
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
There's Alfred VS. Rio in the OP scene. I really hope this will have 24 Episode, or else it was gonna be rush.
KairuParreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-23, 01:54   Link #3376
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
So that was really alfred? I alrrady suspected it but .... they also showed aki and masato. Miharu was highlighted and that was volume 4 story.

How many episode would the anime get?

The pre-aired episode 1 doesn shown ruahed pacing and it looks like the whole kidnapping fiasco would be dealt with in 1 episode. But im certainly concerned on the pacing.q
__________________
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-23, 18:56   Link #3377
Alisa~Chan~
A Bat Toting FOX~!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: SECRET!
Wouldn't it be legendary if the anime got 36 episodes instead~? I know that it will never happen but if it's going to reach up to volume 6-7 then the anime might become the greatest adaptation of all time~ If it happens of course~

Also @Mirable ~ Wouldn't it be the greatest scene if Erika did it in front of everyone~? I can just imagine the chaos it would create and everyone in the scene would just hurriedly separate the two and a girl or two or just wipes his mouth as if trying to undo the damage and the others would just create a human wall~ I can somehow totally see that happening~
Alisa~Chan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, harem, isekai, magic

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.