AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-15, 16:07   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Mahouka [LN/M]- Character Speculation/Theories: Other Characters

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all speculation, theories, and general discussion related to Other Characters.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourites.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for characters you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel or Social Groups.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

As this is a source material thread, it is expected that you should be reasonably caught up to the latest source material when participating. However, if spoiling major plot points that others may not yet have read, please be considerate and use properly-labelled spoiler tags that indicate to the reader whether it's safe to open the tag. Spoiler tags with no label are not allowed!
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 20:30   Link #2
guestuser

i dont know why there is no lina thread but i just say this and i dont mean this to start a shipping war if i had to choose which is my favorite characters to end together in mahouka i say lina and in volume 11 the author said character have a chance to appear again in the story so tatsuya and lina pair is still possible and who else be side the ICE QUEEN that can kill tatsuya it is the FIRE QUEEN well they are known as the twin queen for reason and miyuki x tatsuya is too perfect well where is fun in that they need a good competition and lina could fit bill since she is miyuki rival in more than one way
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 12:44   Link #3
Echizen777

^Mayumi and Mari can beat Miyuki, I am not saying that they are stronger, just that their level is comparable. Lina is just the only female of similar age who can beat her.

Fumiya and Ayako need their own threads.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 18:46   Link #4
zerozeronine

^both wouldn't stand a chance against Cocytus.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 20:05   Link #5
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
^both wouldn't stand a chance against Cocytus.
I could say she doesn't stand a chance against Dojigiri or a barrage of multidirectional supersonic bullets either. If you go by that logic Miyuki is invincible because nobody can resist Cocytus, the problem with this magic and many other MI magics like Fumiya and Genzou's one is that we don' know how they work. The only thing we know about Cocytus is that she waves her right arm, what happens next, it's a mystery. Those 3 are comparable plus there is the fact that Miyuki has many occasions to show her magics contrary to these 2 but they have never been portrayed has inferior to her. During the game with Lina they wanted to verify if someone in the same age bracket as her could rival her.
Old 2014-05-17, 23:28   Link #6
rladls2121

I'm curious, about Morisaki Shun, what is going on with him?
Not to far after the beginning of this series, he became discipline commitee along with Tatsuya.
That is all I know, what are his other appearances?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 00:00   Link #7
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
I'm curious, about Morisaki Shun, what is going on with him?
Not to far after the beginning of this series, he became discipline commitee along with Tatsuya.
That is all I know, what are his other appearances?
I think he just disappeared, due to the fact the author has a lot of characters to cover and he's not part of the main group of characters that the author usually focuses on...

If I remember correctly there was a side story about him in volume 5 with the title - The Honour Student's Supplementary Lesson, but apart from that, I don't remember him being mentioned or having any meaningful roles in the story ... most likely because he is too 'normal', to have a chance to get some screen time.

Last edited by Chris38; 2014-05-18 at 00:28.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 01:20   Link #8
rladls2121

Thank you for the answer.
It's too bad, Morisaki isn't worth for author's time then.
He was the one of the character that is worth talking about.
I was curious how he changed or stayed the same after Tatsuya and the others captured Blanche in Enrollment arc.
There are more to than just him looking down at Course 2 students but, oh well.

Last time I seen this character is how he leaves Tatsuya alone after giving an another insult to him.
I was imagining what is really like for Morisaki being into real life and death situation battlefield since Tatsuya monologued there is no next time in the real battlefield.
That might have been good development for Morisaki, at least I think.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 01:22   Link #9
Kokus

morisaki? he had several short apperances for example his the appearances in the enrolment cap. ,he was one of the few who messed up in the bus accident,he was a competitor in monolite code, the dining scene were he left(after mono. code final) ,
the side story (The Honour Student's Supplementary Lesson ), after that he didn't show up till D7 (he was the one who k.o's takuma).
well that was basicaly all i remember about him, there might be a few more scenes...
Kokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 01:27   Link #10
Echizen777

He reappears in volume 12 where he is less of a jerkass but his growth is only really shown in his SS.
Old 2014-05-18, 03:01   Link #11
hchan94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
I guess it's because she is the main heroine? Shippers have their reasons. I find it quite amusing that some find Masaki X Miyuki impossible despite Miyuki being practically in the same situation as him. Masaki's situation is even better than hers.
No not even close. he viewed Miyuki as his danced partner and love interest but she never saw him more than her brothers opponent during the stone monolith. Its stated in volume 13 chapter 1. In fact they were messing with him the whole time. and in chapter 6 same volume Tatsuya is starting to get certain feelings back as it states that he was feeling embarrassed therefore Miyuki is a way better position with Tatsuya than Masaki does with Miyuki. and those that says Masaki x Miyuki is possible just no. Masaki has his good points but he has way too many flaws to him that just makes him someone desperate for power so that a girl that will never look at him will if he becomes stronger than her brother. Thats really pathetic cause he's forcing himself into their lives and causing this problem with Tatsuya who doesnt even care about him. So to be honest masaki just needs to lay off he's never going to go past being friends. even if he does fight tatsuya again and wins Miyuki is just going to hate him for hurting her brother. Thats just going to make it worst for him and if he tries to hit on her through out the day she's obviously going to decline him because she rather be with her brother. So either ways Masaki's situation with trying to get Miyuki is beyond hope. But Miyuki's chance with her brother is slowly growing as he can slowly regain some emotions
hchan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 03:28   Link #12
Echizen777

I am not saying that she likes him or something. Miyuki doesn't care about him at all, just like all the others men. I wanted to point out that her position as Tatsuya's sister is more disadvantageous than Masaki's position as the next heir. That's basically a love triangle where love is extremely one sided, Masaki loves Miyuki who doesn't care about him and Miyuki loves Tatsuya who only sees her as his sister. That bed scene added nothing that we didn't know, he is only showing stronger emotions related to his friends, his feelings for Miyuki are steady since Miya played with his MCA.

I'd say him wanting to beat Tatsuya is the good method because it will make her rethink about her Onii-sama worshiping( and Kawahara agreees with me ). Like I said earlier, what is really interesting with Masaki isn't only that he is strong, it's that he has the potential to break the status quo. I am tired of the usual cockblocking moment between these two. And really, Tatsuya is the only male magic student of his level actually. It's just like Miyuki when Lina joined 1st high, these magicians are too strong to have rivaling peers.
Old 2014-05-18, 05:58   Link #13
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
I am not saying that she likes him or something. Miyuki doesn't care about him at all, just like all the others men. I wanted to point out that her position as Tatsuya's sister is more disadvantageous than Masaki's position as the next heir. That's basically a love triangle where love is extremely one sided, Masaki loves Miyuki who doesn't care about him and Miyuki loves Tatsuya who only sees her as his sister. That bed scene added nothing that we didn't know, he is only showing stronger emotions related to his friends, his feelings for Miyuki are steady since Miya played with his MCA.

I'd say him wanting to beat Tatsuya is the good method because it will make her rethink about her Onii-sama worshiping( and Kawahara agreees with me ). Like I said earlier, what is really interesting with Masaki isn't only that he is strong, it's that he has the potential to break the status quo. I am tired of the usual cockblocking moment between these two. And really, Tatsuya is the only male magic student of his level actually. It's just like Miyuki when Lina joined 1st high, these magicians are too strong to have rivaling peers.
the thing is can masaki beat tatsuya? he is strong and powerful but as he is now will pose a challenge but noting more.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 06:32   Link #14
Echizen777

He can but he won't , he has the potential. Of course I don't want Tatsuya to lose but being a challenge, doesn't it mean than he can beat him? Even Tatsuya is not sure he will be victorious in a real fight. He is super strong and Rupture kills faster than Self Restoration's speed.
Old 2014-05-18, 06:43   Link #15
XFire
150% done

Quote:
He can but he won't , he has the potential. Of course I don't want Tatsuya to lose but being a challenge, doesn't it mean than he can beat him? Even Tatsuya is not sure he will be victorious in a real fight. He is super strong and Rupture kills faster than Self Restoration's speed.
That only applies if Tats is restricted. Gram Dispersion would take Rupture out of play, and Masaki has no equivalent counter for Mist Dispersion.
Old 2014-05-18, 07:29   Link #16
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
That only applies if Tats is restricted. Gram Dispersion would take Rupture out of play, and Masaki has no equivalent counter for Mist Dispersion.
The quote said without restricitons

Spoiler for QUOTE:

Justly Tatsuya was worried because he couldn't win without an excellent plan with his restrictions. Contrarily to our protagonits the OP side characters have less occasion to show their strength but even with what he shown I don't see how he is not a match for Tatsuya.

His Rupture is the only spell faster than Regrowth, Kyokan Jigoku would be useless.
His weakened shots could knock out everybody but Leo, he is good at bombardment, his Armor of Interference is like a mini Phalanx(Tatsuya could bypass it with Trident though). Even if Tatsuya can counter all his attacks, he has been hurt several times in the story. It's not as if they will stand still during a fight to death and both are soldiers trained for combat.
Old 2014-05-18, 09:10   Link #17
zerozeronine

Quote:
I could say she doesn't stand a chance against Dojigiri or a barrage of multidirectional supersonic bullets either. If you go by that logic Miyuki is invincible because nobody can resist Cocytus, the problem with this magic and many other MI magics like Fumiya and Genzou's one is that we don' know how they work. The only thing we know about Cocytus is that she waves her right arm, what happens next, it's a mystery. Those 3 are comparable plus there is the fact that Miyuki has many occasions to show her magics contrary to these 2 but they have never been portrayed has inferior to her. During the game with Lina they wanted to verify if someone in the same age bracket as her could rival her.
Miyuki is comparable to a battalion power wise the 2 I think would fall as strong as a squadron(or is it thwe other way around,forgot my military terms?).
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 09:32   Link #18
IceHism

Gram dispersion isn't very useful if your activation speed is faster than Tatsuya can cancel it. Its been stated throughout all the volumes that he would have a lot of trouble against extremely powerful mages.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 10:25   Link #19
Echizen777

I don't see in what these comparisons help. I am talking about 1VS1. Mari is specialized in combat, fighting a group is not good for her and he can hold against 10MC magicians thanks to her weapon mastery.

Mayumi is said to have an incredible MP even for 10MC standards(vol 3), and she should be even better to fight several opponents since Herd Control is suited for this task, just read how she stomped the terrorists from the helicopter, she has ESP, counter magic in the form of bullets and her activation speed rivals Miyuki. They destroyed the tanks at the same time. Plus she can fire pellets at supersonic speed. Lina's subsonic DF bullet is extremely fast even for Tatsuya. I don't see how she couldn't beat Miyuki. Their levels are comparable.
Old 2014-05-18, 11:05   Link #20
nosaer

everyone who acts like tatsuya is unbeatable seem to be forgetting that he loses fights on a daily basis to Yakumo in training. sure he might be able to win if they both were to go all out, but its silly of you to believe that Tatsuya is the only one holding back in these sparring sessions. Yes tatsuya has some ridiculously strong specialized magic but that doesn't make him invincible.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote