AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

View Poll Results: Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 1 7.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 15.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 46.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2019-04-03, 19:48   Link #21
grecefar

if it were for proof they didn't have any with naofumi rape case in the beginning, only the princess word and some clothes in his room, that is not proof and more now that we know they have video.
Old 2019-04-03, 19:57   Link #22
Wandering Soul

If nothing else, the whole "cleaning up the messes of the other heroes arc" at least showed us that above all, Ren is the only of the other three heroes that can really use his brain. Itsuki is just a bit too stubborn and Motoyasu is a hopeless idiot wrapped around Myne's finger.
Old 2019-04-03, 22:00   Link #23
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It does kind of feel like we're back to square one, which is why I hope this situation will be resolved quickly. Myne's schemes to dirty Naofumi's name and bring him down have gotten really stale, it's time to move on to something new.
I'd take more Glass over more Myne as far as female villains go.

Surprised Glass wasn't in the new Opening though .
Old 2019-04-04, 01:53   Link #24
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
It does kind of feel like we're back to square one, which is why I hope this situation will be resolved quickly. Myne's schemes to dirty Naofumi's name and bring him down have gotten really stale, it's time to move on to something new.
Please don't see this as me doubting you. I just rarely see someone exclaiming something gets "stale" after only the second time that thing happens. Like maybe there's more to it than just the amount of times something happens?
Old 2019-04-04, 03:01   Link #25
The Green One

This is a lot more large scale it seems than the first frame up. This looks like an all out attempt to destroy him and his group. They've gone all religious crusade on his ass.
Old 2019-04-04, 06:02   Link #26
Keila

I know it would be out of character, but it's times like this that it'd be great if Filo actually did eat people.
Old 2019-04-04, 08:41   Link #27
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

New OP! New characters! We can even see the real queen turkey in there somewhere! Also we now know that the once loli Raph would've been in her 50s by the end of this series Imagine having a daughter that looks like your grandmother

I wonder why Melty kept insisting that his father was not in on this plot, it's definitely not only because she knows he adores her.

I did ask where the secret service was in all these, turns out they just like to watch and pick up stuff that the shield hero dropped

At least we have part of the answer of why everyone hates the shield, looks like the answer is religious fanaticism, very nice!

I won't even mention Myne, I'm still wondering what happened to her that made her turn out to be this evil

There's something I don't understand though.

I thought it was just a cliched assassination plot at the beginning, but what happened was they wanted footage of Nao "abducting" Melty and then using Magic Premiere Pro™ to make him appear as the villain.

So when you're accused of kidnapping the crown princess even if you really didn't, what you would've wanted is to clear your name ASAP, so that you can go play merchant without anyone interfering with you again, but since there's a good chance you're going to get killed when you go back, fleeing to another country is a great plan, especially if you thought they would be friendlier than your pursuers.

BUT after you've learned that the Queen is higher ranked than the king, that she ordered him to treat the shield hero well, and that she might be able to resolve whatever situation this has become, wouldn't you change your objective to go to the queen so that you can dump the second princess with her, clear your name, and even maybe get a written order to let the church use the hourglass to level up your partymates all at the same time? Even if at that time you didn't know that the queen is in the opposite direction of where you're heading?

It's possible Nao has thought of this before they were found by the 3 stooges, but he asked the secret service girl about what he has to gain by meeting the queen, so he definitely haven't considered going to the queen when it should've been his first priority.

Of course, it might turn out that the queen is where Myne got her attitude from, but he can deal with it when the situation arises, so why didn't he immediately head towards the queen?
Old 2019-04-04, 11:19   Link #28
Lex79

I can think of three possible reasons:
-Naofumi could very well think that Melty isn't the most reliable source when it comes to her parents, since she was convinced her farhercwas a really nice guy that did nothing wrong, so Naofumi could be still not be 100% sure the queen will be an ally;
-the queen might help him but ask for something in return;
-looks like the queen cannot really help him until she comes back or else I think she would already took action. Even if she gives him some written orders, Myne could simply accuse him of having forged them and everybody would believe her.
Old 2019-04-04, 11:28   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Please don't see this as me doubting you. I just rarely see someone exclaiming something gets "stale" after only the second time that thing happens. Like maybe there's more to it than just the amount of times something happens?
It's the third time actually (the first two being her betrayal at the beginning, and then the whole thing with Raphtalia). There were also minor incidents besides those two, like the race, and Motoyasu fighting Naofumi inside the city for Filo with her backing.

But what I find really boring is that it's always Myne behind those incidents. Myne's entire character seems to revolve around making Naofumi miserable, and that makes her boring. Even the succession issue seems secondary to this. If someone else had been responsible for the current conspiracy, my views would probably be different. Yes, I know the church is involved, but it's obvious Myne is the one pulling everybody's strings.
Old 2019-04-04, 13:00   Link #30
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I can think of three possible reasons:
-Naofumi could very well think that Melty isn't the most reliable source when it comes to her parents, since she was convinced her farhercwas a really nice guy that did nothing wrong, so Naofumi could be still not be 100% sure the queen will be an ally;
This might be true considering his distrust of the royal family, but all he had to do was dump melty with her mother once they see her, much like how he interacts with the king when he's summoned, he doesn't stay long, does what's needed to do then leaves.

Unless of course, Naofumi has made up his mind to include Melty in his party right after he told her he'd protect him, that's why they're still running away to another country even if he could've left Melty with the queen (in theory anyway)

Quote:
-the queen might help him but ask for something in return;
Again probably because he distrusts the royal family, but all this time he'd never done things without a reward, so running away from the queen because she might ask for something in return is somewhat uncharacteristic for him.

Quote:
-looks like the queen cannot really help him until she comes back or else I think she would already took action. Even if she gives him some written orders, Myne could simply accuse him of having forged them and everybody would believe her.
Ooh something that I've forgotten about, all that was said about this is that the queen cannot leave her current location, we don't know why.

It's possible that he had considered her help but so far the queen hasn't directly helped him yet (aside from sending Melty, maybe) so why go to where the queen is when nothing might happen once they're there?

Yep I kind of get why going to the queen never crossed his mind when trying to find a place to run away to.
Old 2019-04-04, 13:39   Link #31
Lex79

Quote:
This might be true considering his distrust of the royal family, but all he had to do was dump melty with her mother once they see her, much like how he interacts with the king when he's summoned, he doesn't stay long, does what's needed to do then leaves.
Well, if Naofumi doesn't believe that the queen is as nice as she sounds, the next logical step is thinking that she might not let him leave so easily.
Quote:
Again probably because he distrusts the royal family, but all this time he'd never done things without a reward, so running away from the queen because she might ask for something in return is somewhat uncharacteristic for him.
We know that he doesn't want to be involved with the royal family, and he very likely view himself as the one who should be entitled compensations for the wrongs he suffered,not the o Reno has to give a reward for a favor.
Quote:
It's possible that he had considered her help but so far the queen hasn't directly helped him yet (aside from sending Melty, maybe) so why go to where the queen is when nothing might happen once they're there?
That's very possible, too.
Old 2019-04-04, 23:34   Link #32
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
It's the third time actually (the first two being her betrayal at the beginning, and then the whole thing with Raphtalia). There were also minor incidents besides those two, like the race, and Motoyasu fighting Naofumi inside the city for Filo with her backing.

But what I find really boring is that it's always Myne behind those incidents. Myne's entire character seems to revolve around making Naofumi miserable, and that makes her boring. Even the succession issue seems secondary to this. If someone else had been responsible for the current conspiracy, my views would probably be different. Yes, I know the church is involved, but it's obvious Myne is the one pulling everybody's strings.
This. It also doesn't help that we still don't know why she's so antagonistic against the Shield Hero. Even if someone says religious fanaticism that doesn't explain why the church then is at odds with the Shield Hero as well. As such, everything she does seems childish and heavy handed, and she comes off one dimensional.
Old 2019-04-04, 23:43   Link #33
The Green One

Maybe she's just in it for the shits and giggles. Being born a Princess and originally the Crown Princess she's used to her word being law I imagine. Anything she wants she gets and the people who can successfully say otherwise can be counted on one hand.
Old 2019-04-05, 00:56   Link #34
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Maybe there's a church prophecy that she'll be the Empress that conquers the continent, and that the only thing that can prevent her ascendancy is the Shield Hero uniting people against her. So she does everything she can to ruin him and prevent anyone from siding with him, but can't actually kill him because, y'know, the Waves.

Maybe she struck a deal with the people behind Glass, and agreed to undermine and cause infighting among the heroes in exchange for some great power (Glass-tier or higher?) or artifact.

Maybe she's doing it to get revenge on the people who killed her father's family. She's old enough that it wouldn't be inconceivable that she was also very close to some of them before said event (when did it happen? 10 years ago would be plenty). If it was traumatic enough, it could even tie into her unhinged personality, which would in turn impact her suitability for inheritance.

People's ideas of her motivations seem ridiculously limited.
Old 2019-04-05, 01:18   Link #35
BWTraveller
Born to ship

My guess is that she's not really "out to get" Naofumi. She just saw him as a very useful pawn, a villain that thanks to religion would be immediately assumed guilty. Having a villain to fight could be quite convenient to various schemes, as we've seen here with her trying to use him as a scapegoat for her assassination attempt and then as an excuse to make her sister into collateral damage. It just happens that she needs him to remain full of hate and rage to maintain this image, and any trust given to him or success gained by him endangers her. She set him as a scapegoat and as such every time he gets the better of her it's further undermining her plans. That and she's definitely the kind of person who pulled the wings off butterflies as a child and then enjoyed watching the ants get them.

As for the religion, again this is a mostly-human and significantly human-supremacist nation sitting right up next to a large nation that's apparently equally or more demi-human-supremacist. It'd be like if Nazi Germany was right next to a Jewish nation that wanted to exterminate all Gentiles. At the very least one can assume there'd been friction (wall also supports this). Given then the present of an actual potential threat made up of demi-humans coupled with the preexisting hate of the race, it doesn't seem that strange that over generations efforts would be made to change the church and make it demonize the one hero who allied himself with them. It's all a matter of whether this is something that happens every two or three decades (as someone suggested at some point) or two or three centuries (or more). If it's the former it'd be a little odd since memory of a good guy carrying the Shield would still be fresh, but if it's the latter it'd make sense that things would shift in a politically-charged church.
Old 2019-04-05, 01:34   Link #36
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

I would guess time scales in the 50-70 year range. Decades, but not centuries. Those who can remember the last set of heroes would be very old, and most of what's remembered is just the notable stand-out moments — good or bad.
Old 2019-04-05, 16:02   Link #37
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You know, I don't actually know whether anyone currently alive has ever seen the prior heroes. Nobody really mentions anything like that. It's not unreasonable assume that the last time they were summoned was more than a lifetime ago.

Quote:

I really don't think she has it out for Naofumi specifically. Naofumi is just a means to an end for her.
Old 2019-04-05, 21:22   Link #38
Twi

It's pretty clear they didn't care who the Shield Hero was, so long as it was the Shield Hero. They clearly wanted to break whoever it was from day one. Logically, Myne killing her sister and framing it on Naofumi makes the most sense because she has everything to gain...

If she wasn't trying to do it right in front of the other two heroes!

I can handle villainy, I can't handle stupid villainy I'm meant to take seriously.
Old 2019-04-05, 22:49   Link #39
The Green One

I think Myne thinks she can talk her way out of anything.

Or she just doesn't think things through.

Or both.
Old 2019-04-05, 22:54   Link #40
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I think Myne thinks she can talk her way out of anything.

Or she just doesn't think things through.

Or both.
I think she believes her royal authority and status as a princess lets her get away with anything she wants, especially since she has the king under her thumb.

The fact that Melty can countermand that is probably part of the reason she's doggedly determined to kill her sister.