AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

Old 2004-10-01, 22:54   Link #21
daedalus6

Which Frankfurt was it? and other questions.

Ok first of all. I must have been away for a long time coz I could swear this moster forum did not exsist when I was here last time. I bet the next time I come here the whole of naruto forum has been replaced with Bleach forum

Anyway to the point. I really really enjoy Monster I have been to germany once (my grandfather lives there) and I think the anime looks really authentic? But few questions that I have in mind.

1.Is the monster manga different enough so that I should read it even now that I have watched monster anime 24 eps?
2.Is the whole manga covered in 26(or is anme even longer?) eps of anime?
3. In one ep (mayby around ep 19) Tenma talked to a cop who was using drugs and had a bad case of withdrawal. This happened in Frankfurt but which frankfurt was it? I m quite sure there are at least two of them. I have been to frankfurt "amai"(not sure if thats written correctly) that last part of the name means it was near some kind of water a river mayby?

I want to know this because the setting in that frankfurt resempled the frankfurt I visited but I am not quite sure. If it is the same same frankfurt there is a strong chance I have sat in the "same" bench that tenma sat. (or one close to it)
It would also help ofcourse if one could indetify the place where all this actually happens. My guess it is a somekind of trainstation near center of frankfurt amai but I am no expert.
daedalus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 00:30   Link #22
hooliganj
Team Player

I don't know Frankfurt from Frankfurt, but I can answer the first two.

1. So far the anime has been a very faithful adaptation of the manga. A couple of shots are composed differently, and several flashbacks are added in at least one episode, but the story remains identical. If you really enjoy the show it wouldn't hurt to get this other interpretation.

2. The anime is going to be at least 70 episodes long, and yes it will be covering the entire story.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 07:07   Link #23
Ri_
mangaworm

3. I think you mean Frankfurt and Frankfurt am Main... the one in the story is just plain Frankurt. (Edit: This information is incorrect)

1. If you're very much into suspense, then I recommend that you check out the manga too, as in there it comes across better. I recently watched the adaption of one of my very favorite Monster stories (content of ep 19), and was pretty dissapointed as it was - at least to me - much less suspenseful than in the manga. They could've done more with the colours and the soundtrack and make shorter pauses, as originally there was more dialogue... otherwise I was always hoping the animators'd use the "fish bowl camera angle" trick, that'd be very suitable for the series... but alas~
But I don't know how much you hold to such details. The content itself is as said the same.

Last edited by Ri_; 2004-10-03 at 11:16.
Ri_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 14:50   Link #24
Bracken33

Yes, there are at least two of them, Frankfurt am Main (this one is in west germany) and Frankfurt an der Oder (this one is in the east, border to Poland). Oder and Main are rivers.
I have not seen episode 19, so I can´t help you with which one it was.
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 10:06   Link #25
lamer_de

It's definitely Frankfurt am Main. You can tell by the main train station, which looks very similar to the real one, just like (almost) everything else in Monster. And I doubt there are many Turks in Frankfurt/Oder either, they have more foreigners from eastern/middle europe due to it's location near Poland.

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2004-10-03, 11:09   Link #26
Ri_
mangaworm

Whoops, so I've learnt something today too. My atlas didn't have "an der Oder" next to plain Frankfurt in it's index.
Ri_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 17:51   Link #27
daedalus6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamer_de
It's definitely Frankfurt am Main. You can tell by the main train station, which looks very similar to the real one, just like (almost) everything else in Monster. And I doubt there are many Turks in Frankfurt/Oder either, they have more foreigners from eastern/middle europe due to it's location near Poland.

CU,
lamer_de
YES it just might be true then. I am allmost 100% positive I have been to the main train station of Frankfurt am Main. Thanks for clearing this up.
daedalus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 23:22   Link #28
eviljiraiya
Evil Perverted Sannin

How many episodes in the Anime?

For those of you who have read the manga and have watched the anime till its current episode, how many episodes would you expect the anime to be (judging by where the anime is up to in the manga) ?
eviljiraiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 23:41   Link #29
hooliganj
Team Player

I would have said close to 90, but they've already announced somthing in the mid 70s, I forget exactly where.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 00:10   Link #30
stpehen
kisses for all

Nobody really knows exactly how many episodes it will be. The only two pieces of evidence are...

1) The announcement that it would run for 3 seasons, or a year and a half. Since a full season is 26 episodes, some people have taken this to mean 78.

2) A short transcript of the director's comments taken from the public screening of the 1st episode several weeks before the show began airing, in which he was quoted as saying there would be 70 episodes. This could have been an abbreviation (for 70-something) or estimate number.

EDIT: Thanks Crowley. Our forum went screwy, we had to change the location, and I totally forgot to change the link in my signature.

Last edited by stpehen; 2004-12-10 at 01:10.
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 00:44   Link #31
Crowley
A-Kraze QCer

The announcement was that it would run for 1.5 years, or 78 weeks. However, it's been running at about 2 chapters per episode, which comes out to 81 episodes. Consider that sometimes an episode may only cover one chapter, there will be a couple more "extra" episodes, and that on some weeks it hasn't aired, 78 is quite reasonable as an estimate.

btw, stpehen, your comparison link doesn't work. It should be "http://www.mangascreener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1305".
Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 03:35   Link #32
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Well this anime its good, and I wouldnt mind to collect a 100eps or 70
I hope it has a great end ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley
The announcement was that it would run for 1.5 years, or 78 weeks. However, it's been running at about 2 chapters per episode, which comes out to 81 episodes. Consider that sometimes an episode may only cover one chapter, there will be a couple more "extra" episodes, and that on some weeks it hasn't aired, 78 is quite reasonable as an estimate.

btw, stpehen, your comparison link doesn't work. It should be "http://www.mangascreener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1305".
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 07:19   Link #33
Animonger
Gama-Bunta

Send a message via AIM to Animonger Send a message via MSN to Animonger
While I haven't started watching yet, thanks for this information. I really had pegged this to be a shorter series, haha. Also thanks for the comprehensive reviews!
Animonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 08:36   Link #34
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Monster divided into... seasons?

Well thats the strange thing. I rememebred monster being shown on cable TV in singapore like during last september when I was fliping through the magazines...
Well today, it seemed like they're showing "Season2", calling it Monster II. Well... Its quite... weird to being broken up into different seasons...
Ratix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 05:52   Link #35
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Wasnt Anna one of the two Johan didnt plan to kill and wanted to appologize too?.

Ok Johan never had plans too kill her during the whole series, but did any one notice when Roberto was first introduced , he took her to a deserted place and left her alone with some of their men ( to kill Anna). Was he acting without orders back then?.
Old 2006-10-18, 08:21   Link #36
Cooldude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Ok Johan never had plans too kill her during the whole series, but did any one notice when Roberto was first introduced , he took her to a deserted place and left her alone with some of their men ( to kill Anna). Was he acting without orders back then?.
One of the bits that annoyed me since Madhouse left out some bits in the manga that would've explained that:

Spoiler:
Cooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 23:55   Link #37
Goon
Lurker

Question about Tenma

Hi there, Im new on these forums so this is my very first post here! Short introduction:
Im from norway, like series in general both live action and anime alike. Favourite anime series include Elfen Lied, Higurashi, Monster and Rurouni Kenshin. Ive not seen every anime out there, but Ive seen a fair deal.

SO

As for my question about Tenma that I was so surprised was never answered during the show. Its starting to be a while since I saw the show, so certain character names escape me. So here goes:

Spoiler:

See what Im getting at? Why didnt the series follow this up?
Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 11:51   Link #38
mangasuki

I'm not good at English, but nobody response your question. So I decided to response. Sorry, If you won't understand my Sentence.

1. Tenma has multiple personalities?
You were mistaken. In first half episodes, Tenma thought Johan might have multiple personalities.

2. Tenam's faces was cut out?
No. I don't remember well, but I'm sure those pictures are not Tenma's.

3. Sorry, I couldn't get your question.
After tenma fired his gun, his hand shaking for fear of killing man stopped. So he says "My hand shudder stopped." or something.

By the reference, author mentioned tenma are

1. He likes loneliness.
2. He was very smart, but he made no impression on others in his school life.
3. His family relations are weak.

Last edited by mangasuki; 2007-06-12 at 06:06.
mangasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 13:54   Link #39
xris
Just call me Ojisan

As announced in this forum, the Monster forum has been retired. This is just a natural part of a forum's lifespan. It has been a while since the new episodes of the show were aired. Over the time since then, the show has seen a great reduction of posting and attention. As a result, it is no longer meaningful to have a gadzillion threads to discuss the show.

This thread is one of the few remaining where discussion can still be posted. By concentrating discussion into a few threads it may be possible to actually have a semblance of interaction once more. Please continue to show Monster your enjoyment interest in these threads.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 16:58   Link #40
lazyman

Since this thread is the official for Q & A I wanted to know a few questions:

Did Richard Braun really kill the boy while he was sober?
He didn't actually die drunk, so did they just assume he did because of the bottle or did they actually do an autopsy report?
How and why did Johan kill him was it ever mentioned?
lazyman is offline   Reply With Quote