AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-17, 21:57   Link #12081
Gravitas Free Zone

I managed an Ace Tanker in the Chi-Nu Kai on my fifth game with it. I thought I'd played more games than that, but I suppose I never did..

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I took some risks, since I drove back to reset an enemy cap from a Ke-Ho (sacrificing my team's only other surviving vehicle, a Valentine, which attacked their base alone against a Hellcat, Grille, and Marder 38t), while I had 7% health remaining.

I should have died. The other team split up to find me, meaning that I was able to handle each of them individually while they couldn't cover each other (and the Grille missed). The Chi-Nu Kai's horrible gun depression nearly got me killed fighting the Hellcat.

Also noticed (rather late) that the St. Patrick's Day event is still going, so I have a small chance to get the Chi-To's crew to 100% on their first skill while the x3 crew bonus is still in effect. Or at the very least get them close enough that I can do the skill swap for Sixth Sense and Safe Stowage while it's still on sale but the crew isn't a huge distance from 100%.

Edit: Got that crew trained up in time.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-03-18 at 02:32. Reason: Minor update.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 07:33   Link #12082
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
This is absolutely hilarious. Flashram of -G- is alone in a Soviet medium against 5 enemies in a losing match and trolls them repeatedly:

YouTube
Why it cut short?

and I almost reinstalled WoT, lack of disc space from so many HD anime prevented me though...
Old 2014-03-18, 08:35   Link #12083
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
Why it cut short?
I suppose it's because the rest of the replay wasn't that interesting. He said that the enemy just gave up on trying to kill him and won by capping.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 17:03   Link #12084
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

I still have no comms ><
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 22:24   Link #12085
Gravitas Free Zone

Ehhhhhhhhhhh. Somehow I ended up at 64% for my session and managed to complete the 15000 XP for Advancing Up The Line, but mixed into tonight's games were some amazing examples of lemming rushes up the wrong side of the map.

I didn't have much to do with that, I was in either the leFH or Grille for those games. The one time the team came to its senses in time was a Highway game where my east-spawning team started to rush the city but actually came back to the base when I started pinging angrily about the scouts that were rushing across the field.
Old 2014-03-20, 06:42   Link #12086
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Images
100% winrate
Old 2014-03-20, 07:00   Link #12087
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Images
100% winrate
It's not his fault they lost, it's clearly that scrub 45%er he got stuck platooning with. You can only carry so much as a tier 4 in a tier 8 game you know.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 07:37   Link #12088
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
It's not his fault they lost, it's clearly that scrub 45%er he got stuck platooning with. You can only carry so much as a tier 4 in a tier 8 game you know.
It's his fault if he accept to platoon with such a bad player, it's his fault that he chose to platoon a tier 8 in a tier 4 non-scout light tank.

and he's a new player or reroll, he having 50.54% winrate with 186 battles now.
Old 2014-03-20, 07:42   Link #12089
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
It's his fault if he accept to platoon with such a bad player, it's his fault that he chose to platoon a tier 8 in a tier 4 non-scout light tank.

and he's a new player or reroll, he having 50.54% winrate with 186 battles now.
It appears the extremely obvious sarcasm in my post has been missed.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 10:44   Link #12090
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
It appears the extremely obvious sarcasm in my post has been missed.
Nah, sarcasm is overrated anyway. What would you rather do: call out someone for being bad at every opportunity or have basic reading comprehension skill? Given the context of the game, you sure don't need me to tell you which.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 13:15   Link #12091
Gravitas Free Zone

From looking at the Upcoming Missions tab:

This weekend there's a Japanese focus. Maybe I'll be able to get the Chi-Ri on sale.

Next Monday there's a short-duration mission involving 5 games each in each vehicle class, for the reward of 3 days of premium.

Edit: Actual WG page.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/22/w...warrior-event/

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-03-20 at 14:55. Reason: Updated.
Old 2014-03-21, 08:24   Link #12092
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Last edited by Silver-Throne; 2014-03-21 at 08:39.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 10:06   Link #12093
Gravitas Free Zone

Bought Chi-Ri. Crew transfer is not on sale, so I won't be using it for a little while. Leaning toward rammer (since it's one of the few rammer-capable autoloaders), gun-laying drive, and... binoculars? Do the rest of you lean toward static shooting? Because flanking in a tank the size and speed of a Tiger II, with the armor of a Panzer III, at Tier 7, seems dubious.

Actually I'm not entirely sure about the EGLD either, but the inter-shell reload is listed as 1 second, with a base aim time of 1.7 seconds, which is not bad for an autoloader. However, I don't know how bad the bloom is between shots.

But if I don't put the EGLD on, the third option is a mystery, since the clip reload is short enough that vents won't be an enormous change.
Old 2014-03-21, 11:18   Link #12094
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

My freaking god. What the hell is this tank doing in the game. Hopefully this is just an extremely lucky streak I've been getting, or else I fear I might have sold my soul to the devil when buying this monstrosity.

Images

Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Bought Chi-Ri. Crew transfer is not on sale, so I won't be using it for a little while. Leaning toward rammer (since it's one of the few rammer-capable autoloaders), gun-laying drive, and... binoculars? Do the rest of you lean toward static shooting? Because flanking in a tank the size and speed of a Tiger II, with the armor of a Panzer III, at Tier 7, seems dubious.

Actually I'm not entirely sure about the EGLD either, but the inter-shell reload is listed as 1 second, with a base aim time of 1.7 seconds, which is not bad for an autoloader. However, I don't know how bad the bloom is between shots.

But if I don't put the EGLD on, the third option is a mystery, since the clip reload is short enough that vents won't be an enormous change.
Keep the GLD. You want to get those 3 shots off as fast as possible, especially when shooting distant targets. Your aim time is slower than your intra-drum reload after all, so you must compensate for that.
Old 2014-03-21, 12:27   Link #12095
Pen3

I had the worst luck on my waffle pziv with about 20% win. I know it is a team game, but damn the teams I get. I ended up selling it on frustration.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 16:06   Link #12096
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Keep the GLD. You want to get those 3 shots off as fast as possible, especially when shooting distant targets. Your aim time is slower than your intra-drum reload after all, so you must compensate for that.
So did you choose vision devices?
Old 2014-03-21, 16:33   Link #12097
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
So did you choose vision devices?
I didn't play the Chi-Ri. I despised the Chi-To and the Chi-Ri looked like more of the same except worse. I used a rammer, GLD and optics on the Chi-To though. It's my generic medium setup when vertstab isn't available. I generally don't use binocs on tanks that aren't the T49, ELC AMX, or Hellcat. Maybe the crappy Japanese tanks can benefit from using them, I dunno.
Old 2014-03-21, 17:09   Link #12098
Gravitas Free Zone

I've been running the rammer, GLD, and optics on a lot of things also.

The mid-tier Japanese tanks have been a strange drive.
Old 2014-03-21, 17:50   Link #12099
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Pubs are always a PITA on weekends. Won 11 and lost 25 just this afternoon, maybe I'll try a little more later, specially since I need only 5k xp left to unlock the IS-8's final gun.

Also, I'm very interested to try the jap line since I've heard that their tanks have insane RoF.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 21:19   Link #12100
Gravitas Free Zone

The 9.0 public test is now available.

Images
PzIV-related matters.

And just a bit of Sherman. These camo patterns aren't quite as garish now.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-03-21 at 23:53.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks