AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-01-09, 09:56   Link #11721
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
So glad that this series can end properly and not received the same fate as Bleach, Toriko, etc who got cancelled mercilessly. I’m stil pissed that Leone had to die like some vagrant on the street and refused to get some medical help (which is the part I hate from the anime-ending), but at least they executed it a little better in this. Also, I’m so freakin’ glad for Honest’s sllloooouuuww and painful death. His death was also gruesome in the anime (Leone repeatedly pound Honest’s face until his head turned to a bloody pulp) but it’s a little bit too quick for the worst sonuvabitch in the story. For that, the manga gave us one of the most satisfying gruesome comeuppance of the main villains ever. Awesome.

By default, manga-ending is better than the anime-ending because it’s simply has more content and fleshing out (though considering how much time the manga had compared to the anime, I expect nothing less). But when it comes to the big differences (eg. Tatsumi died vs. Tatsumi lived, Kurome died vs. Kurome lived, etc), I think both are equally good. Still, I could do without some filler-ish portion like the alchemist-girl that ended up adding almost nothing to the story aside from making Tatsumi spent one of his dragon-transformation quota and making Shikotaizer more monstrous than the anime (which is not really needed because they can always say that Shiko was that powerful from the beginning). Overall, it was a rather simple ending for a rather simple story which isn’t necessarily a negative thing. It’s still a very nice conclusion to everything that has been built up previously to the point that the mangaka didn’t forget to fulfill Tatsumi, Sayo & Ieyasu’s old promise to bring prosperity to their village. In short, I like this ending.

PS: where are those anime-haters who insisted that manga-Budo is still alive (not died one-shotted by Mein's blast like in the anime) and saying repeatedly that the Path of Peace will come at the climax of the revolution and played some big/major role? Not so confident with your argument now, huh? They also bitched about Najenda not doing enough in the anime during the capital raid. Well, guess what? The manga also treated her the same .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 10:13   Link #11722
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Well, weekly and monthly series get different treatment, I doubt this would have lasted being published on WSJ more than 2 months before getting axed.

About anime end vs manga end, I think I like both but I think the anime might be because no fucking Jeagers ruining everything.

Path of Peace was a joke and remained a joke, I never hide my amusement at those theories.
Budo is more of a jobber in the manga than the anime ironically, at least he died taking down one enemy in the manga just was hyped up more each chapter only to have that end.
I stopped caring about Najenda around the time Lubbock got offed by a fodder character.

Btw, type Green Kirito on Google along the series tittle and you get Lubbock .

That aside manga gave a better end to this and even make readers want some more.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 10:43   Link #11723
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
man a really good ending for a gruesome manga, the author really know how to make us happy and sad at same time, my only complain here is akame ending, she ended basically "alone" with her curse, no love no peace no happy ending for her , i'm not saying which she would have ended with the mc, but she could get a little more "love in her end" or some happiness, but well her end is more or less what i could expectat but still a very sad one.

another note poor mc guy, while he survived, now being a "monster which can't even "talk" will be a little pain in the ass, he is alive with his "loli" but how they can "do" something now::: bestially??? i really don't see it as a "perfect happy ending for him or the loli, but not was a terrible one.

since i don't watched the anime due to many peoples complain about "how rushed and bad the anime was" i just sticked with the manga.

over a 8.0 - 10.0 - just because akame don't get a happy ending as she diserved(and more than anyone even more than the mc guy)
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 10:43   Link #11724
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 29
It was a pretty decent ending, especially considering how the final arc turned out to be. So, what are the chances to get an Akame spin-off where she tries to heal her body and then finds herself in lethal situations?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 10:46   Link #11725
wuhugm
Salted Tiger
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hell of Cliches
Can this be considered as "the main heroine (Akame) is not the winning girl?"
__________________
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 10:51   Link #11726
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
since i don't watched the anime due to many peoples complain about "how rushed and bad the anime was" i just sticked with the manga.
Well, the anime is overall good. If you want to see the characters & battles got (well) animated with good music too, you can watch the anime. Rather than super-rushed, the anime took a different route compared to the manga from episode 19 onwards (like in VN game).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Can this be considered as "the main heroine (Akame) is not the winning girl?"
She was never competing to begin with .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 10:59   Link #11727
Sixth
Mushroom Princess
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Can this be considered as "the main heroine (Akame) is not the winning girl?"
Indeed. This is why this manga is somewhat brilliant when it comes to writing romance.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 11:19   Link #11728
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St. Celestina
@Obelisk

Well at least we seen that Najenda respects their decision but those who expect that Najenda will backstab them was really wrong about Najenda themself. She really let them go when the time comes to depart and it feels good enough for her to let them do what they want.

For Leone, you see Akame's reaction when Leone hugged her. She was dead already because her body is as cold as ice meaning Leone is beyond help like Tatsumi while her Teigu only sustain her life for a little longer but at least it was worth enough to bring down Honest.
========================

Najenda let Wave and Kurome go since they come to help Revolutionary and defected from Jaegers in time and Najenda allows Wave to remain at Kurome's side to recover her minds from the haunted past. For the Jaegers, only Kurome and Wave that are spared because of their defection on final hours of revolution while Najenda also keep her word about Kurome from Akame.

Emperor have the dignity and honor until the end without a disgrace even the revolutionary will not cuff him to the day of execution despite he was imprisoned. I'm more impressed to see the Emperor remain to have his dignity and held his head high till the end though.

Honest's execution was more brutal and gruesome and yes, a part of his body can deserve as a reward for his bounty but still i wonder how much is bounty that Honest possess?

For Akame, she got what she deserved anyway to feel the curse of Murasame for the first time and she have to find the origin of Murasame itself alone. Knowing that her comrades already worn out and some are even broken like Wave, Kurome and Tatsumi, she know that she can't drag them longer to this case as she have to do it by her own. Tatsumi and Mine have to retire to recuperate their morale and minds while Tatsumi have to adjust his life as a dragon and so are Wave and Kurome as well. Akame want Kurome to be cured so it's natural for Kurome and Wave to retire this way and Najenda respect their decision and let them go.

Final chapter i give my rate 10/10
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 11:27   Link #11729
AB079
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
And finally the trainwreck ended.

I used to have fun reading this at the beginning but then everything turned out to be a huge freaking joke, the good thing is the last part of the manga went back to the good times and I must say the last fights were pretty good.

As for how all the characters ended after the last fight, Akame was predictable, Mine and Tatsumi... what the hell they have kids??? I mean yeah we know the first one was before the last battle but now that Tatsumi is a dragon... the doujin writes itself. It was a happy ending for most of the characters, poor Leone tho, she was a good one.

The story itself was decent enough to keep me interested but I must say sometimes I just laugh at how bad and ridiculous was, there are lot of jobbers and characters that were keept in the dark like Najenda. Overall I give this a 6/10, it was okay but it could be much better.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 11:39   Link #11730
GLDarkLord
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Akame is lonely yet again at the end..... sigh.....wasted character main heroine who was almost forgotten from her creator.
Leone Death was just for the sake of being tragic. Because if she survive , she will be the most happiest character without any burdens or consequences from the last battle. Probably going party everyday on every bars.
But at last no true happy ending, so she need to die.
GLDarkLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 12:14   Link #11731
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I gotta say, it felt weird and awkward to have the whole series come from Tatsumi's point of view and then suddenly switch to Akame's point of view for the finale. Another reason I don't like the whole Tatsumi became Tyrant thing, but I'm more put off by the switch to Akame's PoV than that.
It's not a sudden switch. Akame's POV has steadily become more prominent since around chapter 60.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 12:45   Link #11732
Hoodspirit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
The ending was better than most Manga's get, so overall I'm glad with it.
I only wish there could have been a few more details, as I am left confused by the time line.

It would have been better to state whether Mine was pregnant with multiple children from the start of if she got more later on. In my interpretation they were more later on when Tatsumi returned to be a human. If he stayed as a real dragon he would probably have lived way longer.

Looks like Leone was already dead, so her way of chosing to party rather than dieing in a hospital is understandable.

Najenda seemed to have more years left than I thought she would have if she was willing to adopt a child. Good for her.

Kurome and Wave ending was good too, for however long that lasted, but it seemed to be quite some time judging from all the long time words used in that passage.

Now is the main point, Akame's ending. To me it looks like she became an unaging immortal cursed being. Her reason to pick up the sword again was to protect the happy endings of the others. With the task gone it implies that they all died by now (that's why Tatsumi most likely changed back to die like a normal human). In the constructed "flashback" only the seven 'survivers' (Leone technically counts too as she saw the end end of the fight) of the last battle were there. Not the friends from before like in the usual flashbacks. And now they are all gone with Akame saying "I have survived".
That would also make her tears more dramatic. If she was just on a normal journey she could have returned to them, but there is nothing to return to anymore. The last sentence pretty much confirms that as she has to look for a new road to take.

It sounds like a stretch at first, but assuming the others are still alive there would be too many contradictions with Akamae's ending.
__________________
'Let's not make the mistake to doubt the mind or good will of every man with a different opinion.'
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 13:17   Link #11733
Grand-Chariot-Wave
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Apparently two epilogue chapters are coming however don't quote me on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
PS: where are those anime-haters who insisted that manga-Budo is still alive (not died one-shotted by Mein's blast like in the anime) and saying repeatedly that the Path of Peace will come at the climax of the revolution and played some big/major role? Not so confident with your argument now, huh? They also bitched about Najenda not doing enough in the anime during the capital raid. Well, guess what? The manga also treated her the same .
You're saying all that as if people were saying that stuff as facts.
Grand-Chariot-Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 17:10   Link #11734
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Overall that was a great ending. The PM got what he deserved and just about every other character got an ending that fit them. I prefer this ending to the anime ending.

This series could no doubt be ridiculous and even needlessly edgy at times, but I'm glad I saw this through to the end.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 17:22   Link #11735
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 42
up next

Rurouni Kenshin Akame

so whose sword does akame have with her now?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 17:30   Link #11736
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Chariot-Wave View Post
You're saying all that as if people were saying that stuff as facts.
Not really. But those people wanted to believe it so hard as if it's a fact just to spite the anime. Well, now they're proven to be flat-out wrong. That's all that matters. Now, I can laugh at them. Heck, I've been laughing at them since Shikotaizer appeared in the manga. No, scratch that, ever since Budo got ridiculed by Mein's Pumpkin twice in the manga .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Rurouni Kenshin Akame
More like: Rurouni Akame .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 20:03   Link #11737
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Not really. But those people wanted to believe it so hard as if it's a fact just to spite the anime. Well, now they're proven to be flat-out wrong. That's all that matters. Now, I can laugh at them. Heck, I've been laughing at them since Shikotaizer appeared in the manga. No, scratch that, ever since Budo got ridiculed by Mein's Pumpkin twice in the manga .
We know you enjoy any chance you get to gloat over the idea that, at times, the manga can be as bad as the anime. You've been anything but subtle about your grudge.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 20:56   Link #11738
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
We know you enjoy any chance you get to gloat over the idea that, at times, the manga can be as bad as the anime. You've been anything but subtle about your grudge.
If you insist to claim that I have a grudge, let’s just say that my grudge is not with Akame ga Kill (manga or anime), but with the double-standard and people who apply them for negative purposes in the fandom.

And I don’t intend to be subtle at all when pointing the bad things in the manga/anime and people’s double-standards. Double-standard is mostly a bad thing and a bad manner in society and the same is applied here. Some truths need to be voiced. Also, the salt from people who apply double-standard is delicious, just like the tears from people who are caught red-handed from doing crimes .

And my comparison is not driven by grudge. The manga chapters continuously gave me materials to compare right until the ending because it only shyly differs from the anime. If the manga took a totally different story (which is what I wanted), I will automatically stop comparing and just enjoy the ride like I did with FMA first series & Arpeggio: Ars Nova that took totally different route from their mangas and become their own enjoyable things. One example: nobody asked the manga to go giant-teigu route like in the anime, but it followed it anyway \_(ツ)_/
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 21:39   Link #11739
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's not a sudden switch. Akame's POV has steadily become more prominent since around chapter 60.
The author basically sidelining the MC is one of the oddest things about this series. I honestly wonder if maybe his editors forced him to make Tatsumi the MC instead of Akame or something....
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 21:52   Link #11740
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
The author basically sidelining the MC is one of the oddest things about this series. I honestly wonder if maybe his editors forced him to make Tatsumi the MC instead of Akame or something....
well i can see it since "shounen and seinen" series, with more shounen archtype style are a norm the mc being a "male" to help the readers can put themselfs in his place, then if akame was the mc from the beginner this could not worked well in this side to the fans which like the more normal shounen archtype with a male mc, then he probably put the guy as the mc to attract many readers as possible also throwing a lot of "cliche things like harems, hot girls and everything to attract many peoples as possible to later as he start to make his own style and "peoples start to drop" to not like the or too much dark or too much "cute girls dying" or the male mc not being more important as before and be sure to have enough fans and things like that, while some shounens and seinens can have "girls" as main characters and don't focus on males mcs this still a "risk thing" and most of the otakus would rater prefer a "male mc" or if in girls case a very "cute girls or yuri style", what the author dind't wanted.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.