AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 38 55.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 27.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 11.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-06, 20:05   Link #41
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Yup. Ever since episode 6 the story was hinting/foreshadowing this moment imo. But OMG nonetheless the episode was breathtaking and epic. Well executed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Why her ? I personally didn't get that vibe ( maybe one of the mainl bosses/ she definitely had that vibe for me though). I even think Satsuki might even end up allying with our main character personally.
The why her part is regarding the mom being the final boss or not which i still think not the final boss but still one of the main bosses. basically this post from episode 6 thread http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...4&postcount=51 .

---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Satsuki Kiryuin is one of the good guys imo. She is just trying to make matoi angry/mad so that she can become stronger and a possible future ally.
episode 13:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...17#post4963917

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2014-02-06 at 20:35.
Old 2014-02-06, 20:24   Link #42
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Of course not. Ever if it weren't an obvious development, we see her (apparently) uninjured in the next ep preview.
My guess: the one Satsuki "killed" was Ragyo's secretary disguised as her. If Nui could do it, so could someone else. That could explain the rainbow threads.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2014-02-06, 20:26   Link #43
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
I feel like Satsuki picked wrong time to rebel or I fail to see her genius. All your citizens and students sans student council got wraped into cocons and you claim it is fortress against revocs regime. Ain't a bit too late? At the moment I see these people as goners. So patiently waiting for explanation.

Otherwise Satsuki raised hugest death flag in series yet.
This is my explanation/guess. The only way for her to land an attack on her mother ( who is probably extremely strong) was to catch her off guard.

The moment the mother pushed that button ( by anime/manga logic at least) is the moment she is going to feel the most relieved and most vulnerable to surprise attack because of having let her guard down.

It happens often in Manga and anime that the main bad guy ( or sometimes even a good guy) is defeated because they felt they have won and usually that moment is portrayed as a moment they momentarily drop their guard down.

Also beside that probably just getting dressed up by those red threads doesn't mean they are dead and there is probably sometime left. Basically Satsuki used those people as bait ( with the knowledge of that they won't die and she can save them) to drop her mom's guard down. Also there is a high chance that they wouldn't be able to help in that fight and they would just get in the way ( basically not their stage). So Satsuki could have also done this to protect them from getting harmed.

The timing couldn't be better imo. They used a bait to get Ryoko and the nudist beach to get there too. Basically she has her support as well while showing Ryoko that she isn't the bad guy here either.

This is at least what i though .
Old 2014-02-06, 20:58   Link #44
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Mind = blown. I knew Satsuki wasn't really a bad guy, but I wasn't expecting that kind of explosive finish to the episode. Awesome!
Old 2014-02-06, 21:02   Link #45
tuckersister

Best episode so far. I knew Satsuki would betray Ragyo. I wonder if those scars on Ragyo was caused by someone she fought.
Old 2014-02-06, 21:05   Link #46
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Awesome episode. Just because it started with the fight being cancelled was already good. I found last week's cliffhanger too forced. Then it's amazing how Akiuro keeps making expositions while making me laugh. One negative thing is that I laughed so much that I barely paid attention.

The scene where Mako's family introduced themselves was also priceless due to how the dog acted and Gamagoori reacted to them. Then I bet everybody saw coming that final twist. There are still around 7 episodes left. I wonder what are they going to do.
Old 2014-02-06, 21:20   Link #47
Death Usagi
Banned

Mako's family was badass this episode when they asked the two questions 8D
Old 2014-02-06, 21:23   Link #48
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Ya i agree so much .
Old 2014-02-06, 21:36   Link #49
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Yeah, I thought the same thing. This was a really great episode. I was very satisfied.

This was somewhat expected and unexpected at the same time.

I'm starting to like Satsuki more and more as the eps go by. I wonder what shenanigans is going to go down next time.
Old 2014-02-06, 21:46   Link #50
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Mind = blown. I knew Satsuki wasn't really a bad guy, but I wasn't expecting that kind of explosive finish to the episode. Awesome!
LOL. Surely you've seen enough media to realize that attacking a major bad guy does not make one a good guy.

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more; no less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
My guess: the one Satsuki "killed" was Ragyo's secretary disguised as her. If Nui could do it, so could someone else. That could explain the rainbow threads.
Nooooo! Not Hououmaru-chan!
Old 2014-02-06, 21:51   Link #51
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Satsuki is going against Ragyo for the sake of humanity so her intentions are somewhat noble, but Ryuko isn't going to approve of her methods, so they're still technically enemies even if they both have a common foe.

One wants to befriend and compromise with life fibers (Ryuko) while the other wants to control/destroy them (Satsuki).
Old 2014-02-06, 22:06   Link #52
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Aw man, if it really turns out that way then I can say goodbye to that Mako vs Hououmaru match-up I've been wanting to see happen if Mako gets her moment again.
Old 2014-02-06, 22:11   Link #53
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Satsuki is going against Ragyo for the sake of humanity so her intentions are somewhat noble, but Ryuko isn't going to approve of her methods, so they're still technically enemies even if they both have a common foe.

One wants to befriend and compromise with life fibers (Ryuko) while the other wants to control/destroy them (Satsuki).
We've yet to see anything "noble" about Satsuki or her intentions, all of which can be easily (and in most cases best) explained by self-interest. The closest we've seen to an exception is her interaction with Soroi, but even then, he is her butler, so it's still self-interest of a sort.

We don't know for what "sake" she's defying Ragyo and the life-fibers. Ragyo may simply be in her way on her path to controlling the life-fibers so that she can be in control of humanity (which is of course exactly what she's been doing up to this point at Honnouji).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student no.0 View Post
Aw man, if it really turns out that way then I can say goodbye to that Mako vs Hououmaru match-up I've been wanting to see happen if Mako gets her moment again.
Oooooh... I wouldn't want to see that. Mako would get owned. Assistant (read: bodyguard) for the Big Bad, business dress, Scary Shiny Glasses, calm demeanor... If that doesn't scream "badass" in an anime, I don't know what does...
Old 2014-02-06, 22:18   Link #54
MCAL

That's Kiryuin Satsuki for ya. When she gets stuff done, she does it efficiently.

Anyway, this was exactly the episode this show needed. Hope it continues.
Old 2014-02-06, 22:18   Link #55
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I also wasn't really sure if anyone noticed what Nui said about Ryuko.

She quoted Macbeth... "Fair is foul and foul is fair." (that's probably one of the most famous lines of Shakespeare in existence, and it basically means that appearances are false/things are not as they seem. (Macbeth is a tragedy...)

So I found that interesting along with everything else that happened this episode.

So far Kill la Kill has been my favorite anime I've seen... I have a lot of anime I think are excellent, but this has been an excellent anime. Given who made it, of course it was amazing.
Old 2014-02-06, 22:21   Link #56
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I also wasn't really sure if anyone noticed what Nui said about Ryuko.

She quoted Macbeth... "Fair is foul and foul is fair." (that's probably one of the most famous lines of Shakespeare in existence, and it basically means that appearances are false/things are not as they seem. (Macbeth is a tragedy...)

So I found that interesting along with everything else that happened this episode.

So far Kill la Kill has been my favorite anime I've seen... I have a lot of anime I think are excellent, but this has been an excellent anime. Given who made it, of course it was amazing.
Could also be taken as foreshadowing that Ragyo was expecting the betrayal.
Old 2014-02-06, 22:28   Link #57
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post

Oooooh... I wouldn't want to see that. Mako would get owned. Assistant (read: bodyguard) for the Big Bad, business dress, Scary Shiny Glasses, calm demeanor... If that doesn't scream "badass" in an anime, I don't know what does...
If 3-star Jotaro jacket doesn't help against the odds or whatever strength Hououmaru has in store (pretty sure she is at a similar hax level like Nui) then I fear a tragic end for Mako indeed.
Old 2014-02-06, 23:03   Link #58
Gravitas Free Zone

Perhaps Hououmaru will have to fight... Satsuki's butler.
Old 2014-02-06, 23:14   Link #59
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Now I'm even more convinced that Tsumugu's sister was Ryuuko's mother
That seems to make more sense than Ragyo being her mother, an idea that has been tossed around in the speculation thread. I still wonder if Isshin was Satsuki's father, though. This episode includes the scene from episode three where we see her father; once again it is not obvious who it might be. I suppose it could just be some guy who is either departed or dead, but that seems unlikely given how tightly the rest of the story is written.
Old 2014-02-06, 23:16   Link #60
Dark Wing

wow...just OMG! That was the best back stab ever!