Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2021-02-24, 04:25   Link #2081
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I can see one of two possibilities happening:

So this episode they don't show Shion's fate- that she was killed. But this actually makes sense from a pacing view:

Next episode, episode 8, the first half will be about Rimuru discovering that Shion was killed, and puts him almost at the breaking point. The second half, the Hope part, should be the Dragon/Demon Lord story... I forget off the top of my head who actually tells him about this story.

That means Episode 9 would be the Falmuth slaughter. And in all my experience of watching 12/13 episode series (even though it's split cour technically for this), Episode 9 is almost always where the Major Development occurs... and I'd say that slaughtering Falmuth counts as a Major Development.

Really, it's all about where Episode 8 ends. Either with the story and Rimuru meeting up with Falmuth, or making the decision to simply slaughter the soldiers. If they wanted to be REALLY evil, they'd end the episode with simply, "There... may be a way to save them", and then have 9 be the Story episode. Then you have 10 as the actual slaughter.

Which would leave the final episodes of this cour for build-up to the Walpurgis banquet... I'm assuming they'd end with Milim defecting and attacking the Beast nation, just so we'd have a cliffhanger for the second half.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-24, 07:21   Link #2082
Huh...?

My guess is that,
- Episode 8 would cover Rimuru healing Gobta & Hakuro, and then learning about Shion's death, and contemplating on absorbing them, and then learning about the legend and about the Pi chance.
- Episode 9 would mainly focus on Rimuru's declaration of becoming Demon Lord, with the cast destroying those crystals for the Anti-monster barrier, and fighting the Otherworlders, and ending with Rimuru flying over the Falmuth Army.
- Episode 10 would begin with the slaughter, Diablo's summon, and Rimuru's accession with Raphael using the Resurrection Spell, and episode ending with Shion opening her eyes.
- Episode 11 would focus on Rimuru gaining consciousness meeting the revived people, and then meeting the Eurazania group and learning about Millim's action, and ending with Raphael informing Rimuru that its possible to release Veldora.
- Episode 12 would starts with Veldora's revival and the meeting with the Leaders of other Kingdoms (+ a Guild master), and then Ramiris coming to inform about Walpurgis.
- Episode 13 would then focus on the finer details and then selection of the members going to Walpurgis, and would End with Rimuru, Ranga & Shion crossing the door to the Walpurgis meeting room (aka., the scene in the cover of LN v06).

If "Season 2 Part I" is of 12 episodes (instead of 13), then the part of Veldora's resurrection would be moved to Episode 11, with the rest of the stuff happening a bit rushed and covered in Episode 12.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-24, 08:50   Link #2083
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
- Episode 10 would begin with the slaughter, Diablo's summon, and Rimuru's accession with Raphael using the Resurrection Spell, and episode ending with Shion opening her eyes.
That'd turn Slime into one of the worst flops in history considering this would cram the most looked-forward-to scenes into measly 23 minutes and 40 seconds, and that includes OP/ED.

Just to give you a little overview of what you are suggesting:
Most recent anime episode covered the final bits of manga chapter 55 and the majority of chapter 59, for a total of about 1 manga chapter.

What you suggest for ep10 would mean it'd cover half of manga chapter 65 and all of manga chapters 66, 67 and 68. In total 3.5 chapters. That's definitely not going to happen.

Your suggestion for episodes 12 and 13 would likewise cover 7 chapters in total (and there is no episode 13, the first cour ends at 12).

With the current pacing as it is, I see the first cour ending with the Harvest Festival and Shion opening her eyes, or at most with Raphael announcing that it's now possible to release Unlimted Imprisonment. The second cour would then cover the Blumund arc and Beretta intro in a flashback and then go up to Walpurgis, the second season perhaps ending on Laplace's mad laughter.
Old 2021-02-24, 09:49   Link #2084
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
That'd turn Slime into one of the worst flops in history considering this would cram the most looked-forward-to scenes into measly 23 minutes and 40 seconds, and that includes OP/ED.

Most recent anime episode covered the final bits of manga chapter 55 and the majority of chapter 59, for a total of about 1 manga chapter.

What you suggest for ep10 would mean it'd cover half of manga chapter 65 and all of manga chapters 66, 67 and 68. In total 3.5 chapters. That's definitely not going to happen.

Your suggestion for episodes 12 and 13 would likewise cover 7 chapters in total (and there is no episode 13, the first cour ends at 12).

With the current pacing as it is, I see the first cour ending with the Harvest Festival and Shion opening her eyes, or at most with Raphael announcing that it's now possible to release Unlimted Imprisonment. The second cour would then cover the Blumund arc and Beretta intro in a flashback and then go up to Walpurgis, the second season perhaps ending on Laplace's mad laughter.
First of all, the OP of "Season 2 Part I" already showed Veldora in his Human form and Millim in her Battle form.
That mean plot of Manga Chapter 70 and Chapter 71 would probably be covered in it.

Now, you may say that the OP of "Season 1" contained scenes of Rimuru & Hinata fighting and the top members of the Church, though none of them got showcased during Season 1.
But, that's because they created that OP randomly without much planning, as they didn't know at that time whether the series would get a Season 2 or not (and by the time they got the green signal for Season 2, they could only alter the episode 22 and 23 somewhat, which even irritated the Author).
So, the OP of Season 1 was mainly used as an Open-Ending type, to showcase the features of the plot. That's why it didn't matter.

But since we know now that this series would get more Seasons later on, there is no need for the production team now to showcase stuff in the OP if they aren't going to be covered. So, probably all events showcased in the OP would be covered in someway in the season.

As for the other parts, i mainly guessed it, so i am not sure, but i doubt they would be spending too much time covering Rimuru slaughter part (it would probably covered in around 2-3 minutes).

Also, the flow of events in the Anime is not the same as the flow in the Manga. So, how they cover stuff would probably be different. And it won't be the first time they covered more parts in an Episode when compared to the Manga, like

Episode 04 - contained some parts from ch53, ch54 and ch56 (total amount should be within the range of 1.5 to 2 Manga chapters)
Episode 05 - contained some parts from ch56, and almost full part of ch57 & ch58 (total amount should be within the range of 2.5 to 3 Manga chapters)
Episode 06 - contained half of ch54, half of ch55 and some additional part after ch58 plot which weren't included in the Manga (total amount should be within the range of 1.5 to 2 Manga chapters)
Episode 07 - contained half of ch55 and half of 59 (total amount should be within the range of 1 Manga chapter)

So, in a way, compared to the other episodes, Episode 07 actually covered the least amount of plot when compared to the Manga (atleast as per my assumption).

As for "Season 2 Part II", i am almost sure that both Walpurgis and the 2nd round against Hinata would be showcased in it. I doubt they would want to leave the rematch for Season 3, which would be a long time.

As for the "Blumund arc", "Beretta intro" and "Millim's weapon" (shown in the OP of "Season 2 Part I"), i get the feeling they would be covered in some yet unannounced extra episodes (like episode 24 and 24.5 in Season 1) or OVA's/OAD's (including them in the OP wouldn't bother in this case).

Old 2021-02-24, 10:32   Link #2085
RDNexus

Why are you using the manga as reference?
Shouldn't the novels be the ones accounted?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-24, 13:04   Link #2086
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
As for "Season 2 Part II", i am almost sure that both Walpurgis and the 2nd round against Hinata would be showcased in it. I doubt they would want to leave the rematch for Season 3, which would be a long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNexus View Post
Why are you using the manga as reference?
Shouldn't the novels be the ones accounted?
All official anime material has Kodansha on it, because Kodansha runs the show. Kodansha is the manga publisher, not the LN publisher. Do you think they'll hurt their own manga sales?
Not to mention the official websites lists the manga as the source material. Of course it uses the LN too where it gives more content or where the manga has not reached yet at the time of Storyboarding/Scriptwriting but it's extremely unlikely for the anime to actually get past the manga by the end of season 2, meaning September 2021, at most it will barely catch up again.

Anyway, if they start rushing now, all the best parts of the season, and probably the entire anime's future, would be ruined, so I hope they'll keep the current pace going and give time to the moments that deserve it. There's plenty of stuff in the second cour that can be covered more quickly, but not the finale of this arc!
Old 2021-02-24, 13:13   Link #2087
RDNexus

Ohh... OK, didn't know that one
Usually such stories adapt the novels rather than the manga.
Thanks for the intel.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 04:02   Link #2088
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post

You know, this pacing actually makes more sense. I'd forgotten that there's some in-between stuff after learning about the Dragon Story.

The only thing i will argue is that you don't need more than one episode for the slaughter. Maybe put the slaughter as episode 11... and then 12 would be ascension and Shion opening her eyes. Keep in mind that as much as we want to see it, the slaughter is literally just Death Lasers hitting the entire army at once... it's not drawn out; Rimuru is taking care of business in the most efficient way possible. The only part that drags out is that it takes a ton of tries for the ascension to happen, as the Great sage repeats "failure" for a bunch before it actually succeeds. Oh, and of course a handful of humans that try (and fail) to escape.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 07:51   Link #2089
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
The only thing i will argue is that you don't need more than one episode for the slaughter.
I agree on that.
While the scene is important and kind of iconic, it isn't the type which even needs more than like 4 minutes of coverage, because that would be just waste of budget (unless they want to dramatizes that part and stretch it too much).

Old 2021-02-25, 08:23   Link #2090
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Well it might or might not include manga chapter 65.5.

But people forget that the Megiddo part is not all there is. There's the part with Merciless, interaction with the King, the Demon Summoning and Diablo vs Razen. The manga needed 2.5 chapters for all that.
Old 2021-02-25, 23:24   Link #2091
mickbis

Manga 81 have 3 event at once in one chapter...
I totally could hear anime director scream from this...
hope pacing and sequence of event is bring properly show in anime
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 02:03   Link #2092
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
Manga 81 have 3 event at once in one chapter...
I totally could hear anime director scream from this...
hope pacing and sequence of event is bring properly show in anime
Not really, considering the Anime has been rearranging the event follows and showcasing them different compared to the Manga already (as seen in "Season 2 Part I").
Well, all these extra focus does make it so that Anime "Season 2 Part II" would atleast focus 6-7 episodes on this whole arc.

Old 2021-02-26, 02:48   Link #2093
mickbis

Quote:
Not really, considering the Anime has been rearranging the event follows and showcasing them different compared to the Manga already (as seen in "Season 2 Part I").
Well, all these extra focus does make it so that Anime "Season 2 Part II" would atleast focus 6-7 episodes on this whole arc.
yea I hope they rearrange so the hype will hit for 4-5 episode straight
Old 2021-02-26, 06:14   Link #2094
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Preview images for episode 32 (S2 EP8):
https://www.animatetimes.com/tag_img...ls.php?id=7135
Old 2021-02-27, 08:13   Link #2095
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Just saw the raws for chapter 81. So much hype on this.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 09:43   Link #2096
Misha Necron

Volume 18 is a touching volume. Yuuki really did change from wn. He really valued friendship compared to wn where he only treat them as tools. Damn cliffhanger.
Misha Necron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-16, 13:47   Link #2097
Silver Fay

Can anyone tell me if there is romance side story between Masayuki and Velgrynd ?

The ship is interesting enough to get it's own novel i think.

Also velgrynd illustration is scorching hot
Silver Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-17, 00:26   Link #2098
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Fay View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is romance side story between Masayuki and Velgrynd ?

The ship is interesting enough to get it's own novel i think.

Also velgrynd illustration is scorching hot
at the moment I don't think so....
If I remember correctly, she become Masayuki advisor once he become Empire emperor
and participate in meeting and stuff to build his power base

and in WN she realize it Masayuki in the epilogue and it only mention how "She manage to located Rudra incarnation and went on a journey with him and that another story"
kind of thing
Old 2021-07-17, 01:36   Link #2099
Silver Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
at the moment I don't think so....
If I remember correctly, she become Masayuki advisor once he become Empire emperor
and participate in meeting and stuff to build his power base

and in WN she realize it Masayuki in the epilogue and it only mention how "She manage to located Rudra incarnation and went on a journey with him and that another story"
kind of thing
Is it true that masayuki got transfered to that world because of velgrynd ?
Silver Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-17, 02:52   Link #2100
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Fay View Post
Is it true that masayuki got transfered to that world because of velgrynd ?
Seem to be yes, She did found him in modern Japan after all

Tags
demon lord, evolution, isekai, op slime, reincarnation