AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-21, 23:18   Link #881
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Don't tempt him; he makes a harem out of anyone he encounters, even his sisters, and he DOES deal with one snail of a ghost!
Eh...Bakemonogatari...an anime I've been hearing a lot of good about...want to see it...fits right into my preferred style and genre of anime...has characters that got me interested even before I knew the series' name...yet whenever I get around to see it, I never do.

It's weird...I blame ghosts...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 02:29   Link #882
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
...y'know, it's a good thing that Yuuko is bound to the school...Niiya Teiichi would be the world's greatest con-artist if he had Yuuko running around, causing mischief and he got 'paid' to take care of it...

I don't know if even Araragi Koyomi could have done anything much about it - he doesn't have to deal with ghosts that we've seen...XD
Kill that plot-bunny, God knows I'd self-destruct trying to write fan-fiction for Tasogare.
Old 2012-05-22, 02:36   Link #883
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
In that case, Yuuko had exploded emotionally and had to flee from her shadow self. Niyaa couldn't think about Kanoe since he needed to go after Yuuko (who was his #1, for sure, whether she realized it or not). Hard luck for Kanoe, but inescapable. I certainly worried what shadow Yuuko might do to her, or she might do out of fear -- but she had dealt directly with shadow Yuuko before, so I wasn't too worried.
It was really just that particularly scene transition that bugged me. It suddenly goes from "OMGRUNAWAY", to "Hey let's stop to take a look at that rock again and reminisce". And when Niyaa came to conclusion that Yuuko was sacrificed and that shadow wasn't her, based on incredible leaps of logic, I was almost convinced he was just trying to bullshit himself.

The rest of the episode was great though.

Last edited by Haak; 2012-05-23 at 08:10.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 05:54   Link #884
Lukeman1884

Ehh, similar to last ep, with all the crazy students, I just found Yuuko pushing him off the stairs a bit too unbelievable with just what we've been told so far. I doubt she would have done it simply out of jealously, yandere-style. Even if she thought that Niiya was starting to see her as a monster, would it really have been enough to have her do that?

I'm thinking that instead, the Shadow "got" to her somehow, she experienced all the negative feelings and memories she'd kept at bay (Considering that was the shadow's goal all along, to get her to "remember" ), and it caused to to lash out, and Niiya just happened to be the closest person on a flight of stairs. I'm assuming her guilt afterwards at what she did made her lock away her memories.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 11:12   Link #885
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

This was the first epi I really enjoyed in several weeks. not saying the last two werent good but I was glad the series got back to Yuuko's past. We start finding out just what Kage!Yuuko is, and though I had a feeling the shadow had gone into her when Kirie showed up I wasnt expecting that ending!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 11:39   Link #886
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

I have not read the manga, but it seems to me that the reason evil Yuuko has not done anything harmful is because (unlike air-head Yuuko) she cannot affect physical matter (so at most she can give you a bad dream infusing images from Yuukos tormented past) but if she gets enough of "good" Yuuko's memories then she will gain the ability to affect physical matter (and our Yuuko will truly become a shadow that cannot interact with the world around her).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 12:10   Link #887
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
The scene just felt weird, since it expanded the area and showed Yuuko in a distance. In some respects, I can see what you mean. However, it also felt like because of Kirie and Teiichi discussion, Yuuko felt distant. I'm sure in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. However, symbolically, I do wonder which was the more accurate interpretation.

I concur that taking back all of her true self is the usual way to handle this and is idealistic. However, if we take into account that Yuuko is a spirit, then taking all those negative emotion could be counter productive. She could very well end up as a vengeful spirit herself and never pass on. If there is a way for her to remember things, more as a 3rd person story, then she could distance herself from those emotions and avoid becoming vengeful.
Yeah, that also makes sense.

Mhm, I'm sure that doing so will more than likely turn her into a vengeful spirit. I highly doubt that there's any other way for her to regain her memories and feelings, though. But then again, anything is possible; this is fiction, after all.

I wonder if those negative feelings and lost memories are all that's keeping Yuuko in this world. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to ghost lore, but I think those two things, well, mostly the negative feelings, are usually what prevent ghosts from this leaving this world. If that turns out to the case for this story, then Yuuko will finally be able to die once she regains her memory. And while that may grant her some sort of salvation, I don't want that to happen; I just want a happy ending for Teiichi and Yuuko.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 15:34   Link #888
GrimJack

a relevant page from the manga

Spoiler for Chapter1 17:

In a sense it was Shadow Yuuko pushing Teiichi down the stairs but it also was Yuuko
Old 2012-05-22, 17:46   Link #889
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
I'm thinking that instead, the Shadow "got" to her somehow, she experienced all the negative feelings and memories she'd kept at bay (Considering that was the shadow's goal all along, to get her to "remember" ), and it caused to to lash out, and Niiya just happened to be the closest person on a flight of stairs. I'm assuming her guilt afterwards at what she did made her lock away her memories.
As I've said, it remains unclear. In the manga, like here, we saw Shadow Yuuko seemingly enveloping our Yuuko as she looked down at Teiichi after pushing him. When I first read that chapter I thought that maybe Shadow Yuuko had somehow taken over Yuuko in some way, and was using her to lash out. But it's not really clear. The cause of the action is quickly forgotten in the face of the larger issue of Yuuko having lost her memory again.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 23:18   Link #890
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Poor Yuuko. Wandering around for at least 60 years. Left to die in the basement with a broken leg. Forcing her ugly emotions out and forgetting things in the process.

One really can't help but feel sorry for her.

Endless "No nickname today" Soul
Old 2012-05-23, 07:49   Link #891
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
a relevant page from the manga

Spoiler for Chapter1 17:

In a sense it was Shadow Yuuko pushing Teiichi down the stairs but it also was Yuuko
In another sense there is one Yuuko (for the first time since the series started) that behaves normally... for a ghost

Anyway, I also find this the best episode yet, and this kind of story is perfect for Ounuma Shin (the director), like ef... it seems that his style is perfect for ecchi ghost stories, down to the female MC's name (different kanji though)
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 10:11   Link #892
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
In another sense there is one Yuuko (for the first time since the series started) that behaves normally... for a ghost

Anyway, I also find this the best episode yet, and this kind of story is perfect for Ounuma Shin (the director), like ef... it seems that his style is perfect for ecchi ghost stories, down to the female MC's name (different kanji though)
Both Yuukos' even sound similar...
Old 2012-05-23, 12:51   Link #893
whitecloud

you know is it just me...when the other yuuko said im your shadow, your past, all that your reject ....okay... come..persona...haha persona yuuko
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 05:19   Link #894
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Shadow Yuuko is finally introduced after appearing a few times in the background in some of the earlier episodes. Some of the content I thought was skipped appeared later here, apparently further reordering the content. Anyway, seeing those parts animated was great. Quite a visual treat for this episode, though I did find Shadow Yuuko's appearance to be less freaky than expected. Not black enough, perhaps?

Now that they've come back to this part, it seems to me they're planning to go through with all the Shadow Yuuko related parts in one go, hopefully also including those from the more recent chapters. The special ED visuals for this episode was also a nice touch. Looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2012-05-24, 09:08   Link #895
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Karandorie is out!! Enka for everyone!!!
Old 2012-05-25, 05:59   Link #896
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Poor Yuuko. Wandering around for at least 60 years. Left to die in the basement with a broken leg. Forcing her ugly emotions out and forgetting things in the process.

One really can't help but feel sorry for her.

Endless "No nickname today" Soul
But don't you guys think that this part of the story is weird. We just saw the sacrifice segment and the sacrifices were killed, not left to die in a basement. I think that Teichi's accident hints at her end, meaning someone she knew out of rage pushed her down the stairs and then left her. Her death was covered up with the sacrifice story.
Old 2012-05-25, 06:32   Link #897
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Niyaa said she was sacrificed alive indicating that it wasn't completely identical to the typical one .
Old 2012-05-25, 06:48   Link #898
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But don't you guys think that this part of the story is weird. We just saw the sacrifice segment and the sacrifices were killed, not left to die in a basement. I think that Teichi's accident hints at her end, meaning someone she knew out of rage pushed her down the stairs and then left her. Her death was covered up with the sacrifice story.
Now that you mention it, it sounds pretty logical... but as always, it might be an intentionally misleading coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Niyaa said she was sacrificed alive indicating that it wasn't completely identical to the typical one .
Eh So in typical sacrifices you need someone already dead? Am I missing something here? I thought that when you make a sacrifice you kill something, so it should alive before getting sacrificed
Old 2012-05-25, 06:50   Link #899
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well it would be a bit redundant then wouldn't it? To say that they're "sacrificed alive" when they need to be alive to be sacrificed anyway...

What I'm saying is that instead of killing her directly, they just left her alive for the spirit to kill her or something. Like burying someone alive.
Old 2012-05-25, 07:13   Link #900
Malkuth
Banned

OK, got it now. Well, you know both are not mutually exclusive. Someone (maybe more) could have pushed her down the stares towards the shrine, crippling her, and letting her there to day, like an "unusual and live" sacrifice

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural