AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-10-15, 14:26   Link #4201
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I thought Meliodas himself didn't want to use his original magic, though. And I interpreted that conversation with the Demon King to mean that after using his magic, he can't exist in the real world anymore. I could be wrong, though. But if this is the case, then I have to ask: does this also apply to him going back to the real Meliodas as his emotions? As in, can Meliodas not get his emotions back anymore?
Old 2018-10-15, 18:53   Link #4202
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I thought Meliodas himself didn't want to use his original magic, though. And I interpreted that conversation with the Demon King to mean that after using his magic, he can't exist in the real world anymore. I could be wrong, though. But if this is the case, then I have to ask: does this also apply to him going back to the real Meliodas as his emotions? As in, can Meliodas not get his emotions back anymore?
The Demon King is afraid of him going to the real world, so I'm pretty sure he can go back to his old body. I doubt he'd be able to do much as an ethereal being.
Old 2018-10-15, 21:46   Link #4203
Hakai

I think the reason why he can't keep existing in the real world after awakening his true power is pretty much this. It makes him too OP.

Chapter is out in English btw. This fight is happening before Mael's awakening, so we'll get to see both Zeldris and Ludociel's reaction while they are fighting... Good one Nakaba

Last edited by Hakai; 2018-10-15 at 22:14.
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-16, 08:59   Link #4204
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

I hope that Escanor wont loose his grace after this battle especiialy after Mael turning back to the goddess side and the death flags seen in the battle aftermath with Meliodas
Old 2018-10-16, 09:42   Link #4205
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think Hakai has it right: the reason he can't exist in the real world after awakening his true power is probably because he'd be too OP to exist in the real world at that point. It's why the Demon King isn't there either. Those two panels are talking about Meliodas becoming the Demon King since that power is too great, but it seems to apply to Meliodas' own true power as well.
Old 2018-10-16, 16:54   Link #4206
Hakai

It seems like Emo Mel is returning to his own body while Ban is going to Hawk. Still didn't confirm if he'll instantly "fuse" with his true body though, we'll see.

Next chapter is called "Flash" so expect Ludociel to show off the power of his grace.
Old 2018-10-16, 18:19   Link #4207
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What does Meliodas being unable to remain in the real world mean exactly? I get it's because he's too powerful, but what would be the effects? Given what his real magic seems to be, is he going to disintegrate people around him without control? Couldn't he possibly learn to control his power?
Old 2018-10-17, 10:18   Link #4208
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I hope he finds a way to stay in the real world, either way. But yeah, I do also want to know what it exactly means. More info, please, Nakaba.
Old 2018-10-17, 15:21   Link #4209
marvelB

As far as Mel's hidden magic is concerned.... part of me wonders if he's sort of like the opposite of Mael, and is able to wield the power of light despite being born a being of darkness? If so, that could explain what he meant by being unable to remain in the mortal realm.... because his body can't house two opposing powers for long and would eventually destroy him, much like with Mael after absorbing the commandments. It also explains how he was capable of slicing off the DK's arm like that.... I'd think light would be an effective weapon against him. At least, that what makes the most sense to me....

Also, SO looking forward to seeing Escanor in action again after so long! I just hope he doesn't bite fighting against Chandler. Also, why I am I not surprised that Ludoshel is considering Hendy as a backup vessel.....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 15:40   Link #4210
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At least we're getting to an interesting point. Ban and Meliodas are on their way. Kind of makes sense that they'd separate since they are going to different places. Will be nice to see how that changes up the status quo.

Credit to them that I'm more worried about Escanor at this point than just about anyone in this coming fight. Despite how insanely strong the guy is they've set up enough concerning factors. Going to be interesting.
Old 2018-10-19, 00:48   Link #4211
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Remember the scene in episode 5. With the friendly meeting between Ban and Mel . Why do i get the feeling that it will happen exactly like that when Meliodas emerged from the cocoon will meet Ban escaped from purgatory
Old 2018-10-19, 03:08   Link #4212
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Since Meliodas managed to cut off one of the demon king's arms, do we count that as a win against one of the 2 final bosses of the series? Because truth be told after all this is done, I'm seeing Ludociel and/or the Supreme Goddess herself as the last bosses.
Old 2018-10-19, 09:40   Link #4213
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Meliodas should be a lot more powerful after having stayed in Purgatory for 1,000+ years and absorbing those Commandments. He'll weaken to some extent from getting his emotions back, but between the power-up from Purgatory and the one from absorbing the Commandments, it shouldn't mean much. He should still be able to fight whoever he needs (I hope).

But that being said, I do wonder who he'll have to fight. Even after returning to "good Meliodas", will he still have to fight Ludociel? Either way, fighting the Supreme Goddess is still necessary since they have to break the curse on Elizabeth (having to fight Ludociel and/or the Supreme Goddess sounds about right). To break the curse on Meliodas, they need to beat Zeldris or the Demon King.

@Drago: Ban entered Purgatory using Hawk as a gateway, so he'll come out from there at whatever place Hawk is right now. And IIRC, Hawk isn't near that cocoon thing that Meliodas is in. So they won't see each other immediately when Meliodas comes out from the cocoon (will they?).
Old 2018-10-22, 06:59   Link #4214
Hakai

Chapter out! Wow that was early (I'll delete my previous post with spoiler pics and TL).

Holy ****ing shit those numbers.

This just confirms Meliodas was nowhere near his prime during his fight against Escanor(he was 142k).

Honestly I can't see Escanor being that relevant here without "The One", or maybe he'll get some insane boost when Merlin is in danger since Merlin is his "Sun".

Also I really love Chandler and Cusack's reactions when they see someone trying to hurt their students. Say what you want about them but gotta appreciate that loyalty/devotion.

Next chapter is called "The Prince of Darkness"(I really like the title).
Zeldris about to unleash his true magic. I have a feeling it's going to be something amazing, he's also Demon King's son after all.
Old 2018-10-22, 11:49   Link #4215
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ludociel's grace isn't very impressive since Zeldris could almost keep up with his speed, but his power level sure is. Same level as Mael with 4 commandments. Chandler and Cusack are no slouches, either. Escanor seems kind of outmatched here.
Old 2018-10-22, 12:20   Link #4216
marvelB

Yeah, it's kind of interesting that Escanor seems to be the "weakest" here for a change (though as brought up before, that could very much change once he reaches his peak). And Ludeshel being roughly equal with a Mael who absorbed multiple commandments..... I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that, but I guess Mael would have been way stronger than that if he had his sunshine grace, so I guess there's no issue. Anyway, last chapter we had a hint of Mel's original magic, and now we're about to see Zeldris'.... should be interesting. I actually sort of wonder if he's aware of his big brother's original power, and the reason he feared it.....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 14:41   Link #4217
Twi

As far as I'm concerned, the moment they put numbers to it they made it a matter of power levels over anything like strategy for the most part. They don't even explain how Merlin deflected those blows.
Old 2018-10-22, 17:49   Link #4218
SilverGlavenus

Does that mean the two Indra forms have at least 200k power ?? Mind blown.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 18:40   Link #4219
Wandering Soul

It's sort of funny to see a situation where Escanor is the weakest one involved.
Old 2018-10-23, 12:23   Link #4220
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Twi: I think Merlin deflected those blows with some sort of magic trick. That's the easiest explanation at the moment.

I'm really interested in seeing Zeldris' original magic. That and like Marvel, I also wonder if Zeldris knows about his brother's original magic and why he fears it. We should see it soon.

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen