AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-21, 23:32   Link #21
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Eh. I feel that Shoko shows far more emotions than Lacus ever did as well.
I too like Shoko better than I did Lacus. Lacus seemed more like a perfect doll who had little real emotion and did anything and everything perfectly. Shoko seems more like a real girl who has her quirks and imperfections and can amaze every so often. I do find her annoying sometimes in her weird impromptu ways of solving a situation that I don't think are very well thought through. But that's still part of her charm.

Sunrise, IMO hasn't had very many teen female main characters that have left an impression on me (at least with their mecha series). I either sorta like them (Shoko), don't care either way (Lacus), or downright hate them so much I want to rip out their pretty hair and stab them in the heart! (Relena and Flay)

I think the only ones I actually enjoyed were Sayla and Badgirul, and Badgirul only barely gets by.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-22, 15:42   Link #22
mayumi

she is weird but cute. But is a bit boring with the always having the right things to say at the right time. it can get stu-ish later on if she doesn't even fail once.
Old 2013-05-22, 17:38   Link #23
Destined_Fate

Eh. I wouldn't say that at all. Remember when everyone was freaking out when the place got really cold? Shoko was unable to do anything about it as they started fighting and did look pretty sad that she was failing to keep everyone united.. At the very least no one held any grudges considering what happened in Episode 6.

Course that crazy song for cash might have been a reason for that too I guess.
Old 2013-05-22, 18:06   Link #24
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
What if Shouko was just acting stupid but in reality she's part of the Facility and is masterminding everything behind the current events.
I do wonder if she isn't meant to play a key part in this whole experiment, being the Prime Minister's daughter and all. If this 'school is part of the plan' thing holds true I'm skeptical that her being there is purely coincidental. I wonder if there hasn't been some sort of mental suggestion placed on her, and/or the student body, to keep the Valvraves out of enemy hands at all costs. It would also explain the general dissonance between the students' attitude and the reality of the situation they're in, I think.
Old 2013-05-22, 18:11   Link #25
Destined_Fate

Or Shoko is completely in the dark because daddy hoped that the research could be kept a secret so his daughter wouldn't have to learn about it.
Old 2013-05-22, 18:14   Link #26
~BC~

Then sending her to the actual site of it's development and testing would be all kinds of stupid on his part. Not to mention that it made the place a military target.
Old 2013-05-22, 18:37   Link #27
Destined_Fate

Or she went there because Haruto is there? I doubt he could have stopped her from going even if he tried, especially if he wanted to keep the truth a secret.

None of them knew that there had been a leak that lead to the infiltration.
Old 2013-05-22, 19:05   Link #28
~BC~

It could be as easy as the school not accepting her. She doesn't have to know her father had anything to do with it. Also, no one knew about the leak but it'd be silly for them not to at least consider the possibility of being found out and what that'd mean for everyone residing there.

But I'm only presenting a "what if" scenario. I just find the idea intriguing and it'd add another layer to Shoko's character (and the Sakimori situation as a whole).
Old 2013-05-22, 19:33   Link #29
Destined_Fate

The school would need a darn good reason to not accept the daughter of the prime minister and she at most seems more intelligent than Haruto and most of the other kids. That and the teacher at least had no idea what was happening so most likely only a select few there even knew about the Valvrave stuff anyway as it was on a need to know basis and they weren't involved with the project so they didn't need to know.
Old 2013-05-23, 21:30   Link #30
finalfury
Incognito

Strange girl she is, but at the end of the day, she is a very respectable character who also can cook the most atrocious looking but delectable dishes.
Old 2013-05-23, 22:21   Link #31
Destined_Fate

L-Elf and Saki approve of her cooking.

Soon enough both will realize that Shoko was always the one! Mwahahahaha~!!!
Old 2013-05-24, 02:49   Link #32
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
The school would need a darn good reason to not accept the daughter of the prime minister and she at most seems more intelligent than Haruto and most of the other kids. That and the teacher at least had no idea what was happening so most likely only a select few there even knew about the Valvrave stuff anyway as it was on a need to know basis and they weren't involved with the project so they didn't need to know.

L-Elf acknowledges her as the leader of module 77

all other opinions are invalid
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-05-24, 16:11   Link #33
Destined_Fate

That was funny that he sampled her food, said it was good(as if that would get him cookie points), than proceed to hand her his plans for the future of the country.
Old 2013-05-24, 16:15   Link #34
finalfury
Incognito

Is it just me, or has the series pretty much established Shouko as the lodestone of New Jior? It feels like the characters can't really function well without her. :/
Old 2013-05-24, 16:41   Link #35
Destined_Fate

That isn't a bad thing, she is the main heroine after all. Besides L-Elf at least had back up plans in case Shoko rejected an offer he assumed that she would have accepted as logically it's the best for the country. Course Shoko defies his expectations again!
Old 2013-05-24, 17:06   Link #36
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
That isn't a bad thing, she is the main heroine after all. Besides L-Elf at least had back up plans in case Shoko rejected an offer he assumed that she would have accepted as logically it's the best for the country. Course Shoko defies his expectations again!
Well, they well likely accept his help soon. His wits will be needed.
However, Shouko is definitely altering 80% of his initial plan XD I am already feeling sorry for little L-11 who will have to see his 100-page essay heavily edited XD
Old 2013-05-24, 18:13   Link #37
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Shouko thinks with her heart and L-Elf thinks with his brain most of the time so it is understandable that her answer towards his offer would be different than expected.
For me, it's probably the fact that the character who is completely normal (has no special powers or mechs) is currently the most powerful and influential character in the main cast that makes my brain go "HUH??????".
Old 2013-05-25, 14:16   Link #38
Destined_Fate

Yes, they do contrast like that. I'm sure eventually Shoko will accept L-Elf's help and considering his OCDness he'll end up working close with her because he wants to micromanage everything so it goes according to plan.

This will be perfect for me!

Mwahahahahaha~!!!!
Old 2013-06-07, 05:59   Link #39
Kumbayah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Valverave-tan is Shouko's dead twin sister whose soul has been transported into the Valverave 01.
HAHAHA. I can imagine the love and hate of people if this ridiculousness ever comes true.

That said, yes, it's strange that Shoko -- the highest-ranking official's daughter -- is in a research facility with the most dangerous weapon known to the world. It might have been to get her closest to something that can protect her, but then again the module was attacked several times and almost blown up/taken over. OR it might be she has a sinister role in all of this.
Old 2013-06-07, 06:03   Link #40
Destined_Fate

I doubt Shoko has any sinister role at all and is most likely kept in the dark as she's obviously not from the military and is just the child of a secretive father who kept her out of the loop. Besides, if anything being near the Valvrave's is safer for her as a single Valvrave demolished a Dorssian Force rather easily.

Shoko seems to be set up soon for heartbreak with Haruto and the Election. We already know that not wanting to arm/weaponize the place "was" popular and Shoko's view in the past but now everyone has embraced L-Elf's way. We also have those that Thunder that doesn't approve of Shoko's policies and nor does Satomi. With how things have changed I can see the election going VERY badly for her.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters