AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-01-03, 09:51   Link #321
Jun pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
It was already mentioned before that the game will come with the ova packed in, and it can be reasonably assumed this should stay the same for the localisation.
Oh I see. Well, it wouldn't be the first time that a European CE would have less/not same quality as USA, so I try not to be too optimistic, tbh

Shion -- Senyuu
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-03, 10:56   Link #322
GDB

Europe's had better Tales Of specials and collector's editions for like... every game since they started releasing games again with Graces F, so not sure what you're talking about.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-03, 13:21   Link #323
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Europe's had better Tales Of specials and collector's editions for like... every game since they started releasing games again with Graces F, so not sure what you're talking about.
Yup. I think the only benefit in getting the Japanese release would be being able to play it earlier, or/and having the original voice actors if you 're into that.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-03, 13:25   Link #324
GDB

And certain DLC. I imported Xillia because I wasn't sure it'd be localized, but knew X2 would be, and imported it anyway to get the awesome Madoka DLC.
Old 2015-01-03, 13:34   Link #325
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Ah, you're right, I suppose Idolmaster/school uniforms/etc DLCs are exclusive. Also, I don't know if it holds true for the US/EU version too, but JP Xillia saw my Graces f and Vesperia save data on my PS3 and gave me some extra cosmetic stuff.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-03, 13:36   Link #326
GDB

The US version did too, but it only checked for Graces and gave both if you had it (since the US didn't get VesP3ria).
Old 2015-01-03, 15:24   Link #327
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Ah, you're right, I suppose Idolmaster/school uniforms/etc DLCs are exclusive. Also, I don't know if it holds true for the US/EU version too, but JP Xillia saw my Graces f and Vesperia save data on my PS3 and gave me some extra cosmetic stuff.
The iDOLM@STER DLC showed up on the Euro PSN just to rub it in the face of us Europeans that the games aren't available here, not even the iOS versions.
Old 2015-01-04, 07:10   Link #328
Jun pls

Quote:
Xillia 2 NA's version got rollo plush, a better steel case (seriously, I didn't need this rollo steel case, I'd rather have the day one version of that one). Tales of Symphonia Chronicles came in a neet box with steel case.
I dunno about graces since I didn't get a CE there and I think Xillia was the same for both USA and EU, can't remember.
Of course I dunno if any of the above stated things are true since I don't own NA versions and I only saw pics on the internet so someone would have to tell me if it's like that or not and I apologize in advance if I made mistakes.
I also might be just nitpicking here but NA gets better stuff/quality in CEs, at least it happened before. Even if it's just about a steelcase or hardcover artbook or whatever.
What I'm trying to say is, that I wouldn't be too surprised if EU doesn't get the same things NA will get in a ToZ CE.
And honestly, I would've loved that rollo plush

But apart from the CE I also hope we'll get the DLC. I kinda doubt we get the NGE/AnE ones but maaaaybe there's a way (since both NGE and AnE are not unknown here at least).

Btw, am I the only one that is super sad that we can't "hunt" for costumes ingame anymore? I loved it back in Symphonia (and Abyss) and I'm kinda disappointed that 90% of all the costumes are DLC now.
I actually wanted to ask "would it hurt to make the 'usual types' (swimsuits, butler/maid, school uniform etc) available ingame again and only crossover/special ones as DLC", but I guess they wouldn't make as much money then, huh

Shion -- Senyuu
Old 2015-01-04, 10:20   Link #329
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun pls View Post
Xillia 2 NA's version got rollo plush, a better steel case (seriously, I didn't need this rollo steel case, I'd rather have the day one version of that one).
No it didn't. It came with a Ludger figure and a cheap plastic fog watch that had a mirror inside rather than a watch. It did have a steelbook, but based on the pictures it's much larger than a normal case so probably wouldn't fit on most shelves.

If it had come with a Rollo plushie, it would've justified the $130 price tag. As it was, it was $30 more than Xillia's CE while only adding a plastic fogwatch mirror and swapping out the cute Milla for the bland Ludger.

Also, you guys got a Day 1 Edition that had the pre-order costumes for DLC. For us, that was only in the CE. Yeah, want Yuri!Jude? Pay $130.

Quote:
I dunno about graces since I didn't get a CE there and I think Xillia was the same for both USA and EU, can't remember.
Pretty positive the US didn't even GET a CE for Graces, while Europe did.

Quote:
I actually wanted to ask "would it hurt to make the 'usual types' (swimsuits, butler/maid, school uniform etc) available ingame again and only crossover/special ones as DLC", but I guess they wouldn't make as much money then, huh
Pretty much. I don't think I ever used those costumes so it doesn't affect me much, but it still sucks not having the option.
Old 2015-01-04, 11:10   Link #330
Jun pls

Quote:
No it didn't. It came with a Ludger figure and a cheap plastic fog watch that had a mirror inside rather than a watch. It did have a steelbook, but based on the pictures it's much larger than a normal case so probably wouldn't fit on most shelves.

If it had come with a Rollo plushie, it would've justified the $130 price tag. As it was, it was $30 more than Xillia's CE while only adding a plastic fogwatch mirror and swapping out the cute Milla for the bland Ludger.

Also, you guys got a Day 1 Edition that had the pre-order costumes for DLC. For us, that was only in the CE. Yeah, want Yuri!Jude? Pay $130.

Pretty positive the US didn't even GET a CE for Graces, while Europe did.

Oh I see. I apalogize about that then.
I saw a picture of a CE with a Rollo Plush (maybe it was something special? I have no idea then).
Like I said, I didn't know anything about the Grace CE since I haven't gotten that one.

Ugh, I think it's awful that certain DLCs are only in one edition not the other one. I pay alot for a CE and I don't even get the costumes? Yeah wow thanks alot.

Well I guess there're ups and downs in NA/EU CEs and noone would be really happy (unless maybe everyone gets the JP version lol)

Quote:
Pretty much. I don't think I ever used those costumes so it doesn't affect me much, but it still sucks not having the option.
I do like to change costumes, but I don't wanna pay extra money for it. Especially when sets need ages to actually get online.
But I haven't bought a single costume DLC yet. MIGHT change my mind when it comes to NGE ones (at least for Sorey )

Another question and I'm sorry if it got answered already, I've got a goldfish brain and might've overlooked that info.
Is the Grade-system going to be the same like it was for Xillia/Xillia2?
I'm honest, I dislike it. I loved grinding grades back in Symphonia/Abyss (in Abyss for 3DS I'm at 8000-something grade so I can get everything from shop 2nd playthrough) but I don't like the way it was in Xillia.
Anyone knows anything about it already? Bet I'm the only one not knowing

Shion -- Senyuu
Old 2015-01-04, 11:24   Link #331
GDB

The Rollo plushie was in one of the super deluxe Japanese sets. Don't remember which one (if not multiple), since they have like 5 levels of deluxe sets.

They haven't said how Grade will work yet, but I agree I vastly preferred how Symphonia did it (and I want to say Vesperia did it this way too). It was nice being able to just grind it out rather than being forced to do many, many replays just to build it up.
Old 2015-01-04, 19:03   Link #332
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Welp .. Just watched the anime special. I won't take back what I said but the anime sure did hype even me up for this game. I'll most definitely play through it - if only for the story. Likeable characters are a huge plus. In Xillia I couldn't really get to like any of them.

Now begins the wait for not only the release, but the X number of days after release for a working undub to appear. Especially after watching the anime, zero chance for me to play with eng dubs. Unless that rumor that this game will have JP audio included was true ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun pls View Post

Btw, am I the only one that is super sad that we can't "hunt" for costumes ingame anymore? I loved it back in Symphonia (and Abyss) and I'm kinda disappointed that 90% of all the costumes are DLC now.
Well I don't know about Xillia but in Graces you could hunt some costumes down, like the mentioned swimsuits and I believe the butler/maid/school costume may have been part of some side-event as well. The DLC was just a shortcut since some costumes you could get only REALLY late in to the game. Of course there were exclusive DLC like crossovers and Idolmaster as you said but those were generally pretty meh ..

Especially the Idolmaster. I cannot fathom why they even brought Idolmaster costumes in to the Tales games. They look ugly. They don't fit any of the characters.
Old 2015-01-05, 02:41   Link #333
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
^^
One thing I would say is that I think the Idolmaster costumes were fine as dlc. I think it's actually the best look for Leia overall . At least better than the original costume she got stuck with .
Old 2015-01-05, 03:01   Link #334
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Especially the Idolmaster. I cannot fathom why they even brought Idolmaster costumes in to the Tales games. They look ugly. They don't fit any of the characters.
Because Idolm@ster and Tales are both Namco franchises.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 09:26   Link #335
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
^^
One thing I would say is that I think the Idolmaster costumes were fine as dlc. I think it's actually the best look for Leia overall . At least better than the original costume she got stuck with .
Mami outfit without the hat is the best Leia outfit. Zettai Ryouiki and ojou-sama curls for days! Plus Mami actually fights, so the costume doesn't look ridiculous in battle.
Old 2015-01-05, 12:37   Link #336
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Because Idolm@ster and Tales are both Namco franchises.
Well that explains it .. Somewhat. I thought it was just a cross-over/cameo from anime like Graces had costumes from Code Geass and Hatsune Miku and such. But, it still looks ugly. I only tried them on Graces of course, but I couldn't like the costume on any of the characters even a tiny weeny bit. Just flat out impossible.

All of the costumes were pink. Are they all like that in the franchise too? What's more but almost none, if not actually none of any costumes whatsoever provided a transformation for the hair/hat. So while you had the costume on you still didn't look anything like the original. Biggest letdown was Zero's Costume for Richard of course, as that costume looked ridiculously dumb without the helmet.
Old 2015-01-06, 23:17   Link #337
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Uhh, I'll just say Graces is an older game and was originally for the Wii.

Customizations was improved in Xillia. The im@s costumes there look great and Gaius' Zero costume has the helmet on

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 06:40   Link #338
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Tales of Zestiria Manga To Begin Publication This Month

Quote:
Tales of Zestiria launches in Japan on January 22nd, and Anime News Network reports that a manga adaptation will begin publication just a few days later on January 28th.

The manga, whose title translates to Tales of Zestiria: The Time of Guidance, will be serialized in Ichijinsha’s Monthly Comic Zero-Sum magazine. It will be illustrated by manga artist Shiramine.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 14:47   Link #339
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Previous Tales save data unlocks attachments in Tales of Zestiria

Yeah! Can't wait to get my Yuri plush-- Oh wait >_>
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 14:50   Link #340
GDB

It'll probably just be linked to Xillia 2 or Graces again instead.