AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-06-06, 17:30   Link #221
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Also tempted to drop this since the ending is now fairly predictable... but oh well, it's just a few episode left. So will just stay around and see how things go.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-06, 22:34   Link #222
Vaans
NEET

We can see the ending, but I'm not dropping it because of Emily, Muramasa, and Megumi.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-06, 22:36   Link #223
IceHism

Wait why would you drop. You already know how it was gonna be from the title. This show is funny and well animated which is pretty much what the author is going for.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-06, 23:29   Link #224
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Wait why would you drop. You already know how it was gonna be from the title. This show is funny and well animated which is pretty much what the author is going for.
Maybe because not everyone wants to eat the same meal twice? and especially when is the same as before. It might be a fun show but there is nothing out of the ordinary, especially when it comes to this particular adaptation and how the development of the story works.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-06, 23:37   Link #225
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Same meal twice from the same chef with the same plating, to clarify.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 03:52   Link #226
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Maybe because not everyone wants to eat the same meal twice? and especially when is the same as before. It might be a fun show but there is nothing out of the ordinary, especially when it comes to this particular adaptation and how the development of the story works.
Now this is kind of odd to me. The content is ordinary and you can literally tell by looking at the title, pv, plot synopsis, and genre but it's still better than half the shows in the season because of its good animation and highly expressive faces and body language. Nevermind that, no one would have picked this show up if they were really looking for something with value(head over to something like sksk, uchouten, BHA, tsuki ga kirei or something if you wanted that). Therefore, i assume the people who watched this show to begin with are people who didn't expect anything out of the ordinary. For ordinary stuff, this knocks it out regardless of whether you know who wins or not. Not like there'll be any conclusion to that sort of stuff in 12/13 episodes anyways. Just like most harems.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 16:31   Link #227
Sakuratsuki

I don't understand some people around here if you don't like it well don't watch it. We have been hearing the same thing for like 9 episodes now: ''This is bad, this is not good, best girl is going to lose!, this is still the same as Oreimo or even worse etc etc. imho it's not the show that's bad, because looking at the sales and the popularity it's doing quite good. Light novel is ranked 8th and the anime pre orders are doing quite well too. Besides the reasons that I keep hearing over and over again are just the same thing that we heard over at Oreimo. Not even once I read some very constructive argument about why it's really bad. Only remarks regarding shipping in combination with Oreimo have been mentioned as a reason for it being bad.

I will repeat the message once again the author sticks to his style you have to know that by now.
Old 2017-06-07, 17:41   Link #228
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Now this is kind of odd to me. The content is ordinary and you can literally tell by looking at the title, pv, plot synopsis, and genre but it's still better than half the shows in the season because of its good animation and highly expressive faces and body language. Nevermind that, no one would have picked this show up if they were really looking for something with value(head over to something like sksk, uchouten, BHA, tsuki ga kirei or something if you wanted that). Therefore, i assume the people who watched this show to begin with are people who didn't expect anything out of the ordinary. For ordinary stuff, this knocks it out regardless of whether you know who wins or not. Not like there'll be any conclusion to that sort of stuff in 12/13 episodes anyways. Just like most harems.
If we look at this with a production value standpoint, yeah is one of the best this season, considering that other series looks really bad and some adaptations are getting butchered as always.

Leaving aside really good stories that are like underdogs this season (personally I agree with you about SukaSuka and Uchouten) EMS is getting quite a bit of attention because is a source of an insane amount of baits for the average otaku, you have little girls doing things that adults do, you have a massive load of fanservice, girls to choose here and there (like the ones who likes Elf over Sagiri for example) and that being complemented with a nice amount of merchandise and promotion ends on what you can see in the rankings, which is not even close to be an indicator of the quality of the story. Personally I have fun watching this and the characters are quite nice but I know what this is, same as other users here.

----------------------------

@Sakura_Tsuki Using the LN sells and the stalker point as a basis of why you believe the story is good, is literally a mediocre argument. Sells usually don't indicate quality, the last NT volume of Index sold a bit more than usual (still low) but the quality of the writting was really good, same goes for LN's like Horizon that doesn't sell incredible amounts these days but is close to a masterpiece for the level and the quality of the text. You have other LN's that aren't that good like SAO and is still selling quite a lot thanks to the fanbase.

If you like EMS is okay but being in denial and overly defensive against anyone who criticize the story after realizing what truly is doesn't change reality. EMS is average at best and is nothing amazing or good, just a better version of Oreimo with different elements here and there, just like @Marcus H said or other users too.
Old 2017-06-07, 22:29   Link #229
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Just what is it in the OP that makes you think the two of them knew each other as kids? It'd be awesome if they did, since I too am a big fan of the childhood friend, but I honestly don't see it at all.
Sorry for late reply, but trying to catch up with SukaSuka is pure torture. Not because it's bad, but I don't want the feels that I know are incoming lol. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRyaX6yN4vs

At 37s, we see an obviously much younger looking Sagiri and Masamune looking off at the same sunset. We know how Sagiri and Masamune looked like when they first met in episode 1 (Sagiri had long hair then while the OP had her with short hair), so why have them shown as their younger selves that seems to have a connection THEN, if they never met before they became 'family'?

Another thing that tickles my osananajimi radar is that we know Masamune has been a light novel for some time already (since he entered middle school, and since he is in high school that's at least 3 years). Ever since then Eromanga-sensei has been doing the illustrations, though they've only been a family for about a year. So these two debuting at around the same time as how they would look like in the OP seems to be too much to be a coincidence for me, especially since the anime still hasn't got into how Masa/Sagiri got to be a pro in the first place.

I mean, if eromanga-sensei is already ripping off Bakuman's couple promise to work hard in order to fulfill their dream to make an anime together, why stop there? Might as well rip off the mid-season backstory that...
Spoiler for it's really inconsequential to the main plot:

Of course I may be reading too much into this, like Phantom World OP really baiting me hard last year. To be fair though, I wasn't the only one baited (I've seen around the internet saying Mai is a typical jealous childhood friend lol) AND that her first meeting with the MC still hasn't been revealed, so I'm still holding hope.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-10, 10:49   Link #230
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

As some people said, this series is created by the very same author who did Oreimo, and some of us are all well aware how this would end.

But even so, we shall all see how this turn out. It's too late to drop this show while you guys have already gone this far now.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-10, 11:14   Link #231
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
As some people said, this series is created by the very same author who did Oreimo, and some of us are all well aware how this would end.

But even so, we shall all see how this turn out. It's too late to drop this show while you guys have already gone this far now.
I think some people are just being tsun tsun, they mentioned also before that they will be dropping it after 3 episodes but are still watching.
Old 2017-06-10, 12:42   Link #232
AP24

Judging from the pacing, Ep 11 will end at or near Vol 3's ending. But Vol 3 ends with a cliffhanger that continues into Vol 4. So I wonder what Ep 12 will cover? Is this going to end up like OreImo's first season which Ep 12 had true route and good end versions?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-10, 12:46   Link #233
AB079
Banned

Oh look! Muramasa into the trash after Elf... really? These girls can't realize that Masamune is not someone they can get because he loves Sagiri and nothing will change that, this is so painfully predictable.

When she screamed "is only because I'm using a kimono" was priceless.
Old 2017-06-10, 13:09   Link #234
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Judging from the pacing, Ep 11 will end at or near Vol 3's ending. But Vol 3 ends with a cliffhanger that continues into Vol 4. So I wonder what Ep 12 will cover? Is this going to end up like OreImo's first season which Ep 12 had true route and good end versions?
According to MAL there hasn't been anything mentioned how long this season will take and if it will only get 12 episodes. So perhaps it will be more than only 1 season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
It's actually already confirmed to be 12 episodes somewhere.
All hope out of the window then. you have a source for that?
Old 2017-06-10, 13:11   Link #235
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
According to MAL there hasn't been anything mentioned how long this season will take and if it will only get 12 episodes.....
It's actually already confirmed to be 12 episodes somewhere.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-10, 13:19   Link #236
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well we're moving steadily along.

I suppose the one annoying thing is that the show is bothering with other possibilities. They did a good job in the first few episodes setting where we were going. Obviously you need more than 2-3 characters for a show, but seems somewhat pointless to be developing a harem or at least other love interests in that situation. Flesh out his rival and friends sure, but don't spend too much time on love interests that aren't really love interests since it's going to be Masamune and Sagiri at the end of the day.

Not that they haven't at all. But there hasn't been enough development of the main relationship. It's as if the writer wanted to make clear who would win....and then pretended he hadn't and just developed the story as a regular harem.

Still has been a decent ride though. Will enjoy what episodes we've got left.
Old 2017-06-10, 15:19   Link #237
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well we're moving steadily along.

I suppose the one annoying thing is that the show is bothering with other possibilities. They did a good job in the first few episodes setting where we were going. Obviously you need more than 2-3 characters for a show, but seems somewhat pointless to be developing a harem or at least other love interests in that situation. Flesh out his rival and friends sure, but don't spend too much time on love interests that aren't really love interests since it's going to be Masamune and Sagiri at the end of the day.

Not that they haven't at all. But there hasn't been enough development of the main relationship. It's as if the writer wanted to make clear who would win....and then pretended he hadn't and just developed the story as a regular harem.

Still has been a decent ride though. Will enjoy what episodes we've got left.
Indeed. I don't really consider this "the same meal" as someone said earlier; same type of meal, perhaps, but not the same. But the way that the two are in love from the start is nice to me, having both firmly committed to one another above anyone else. Spending several episodes on other characters and even having a quarter of the series with Masamune far away from Sagiri really subtracts from the plot. It kind of reminds me of Re: Zero. Little time was given to Emilia and tons of time was given to Rem. Unlike here, there the result was that Emilia's good points weren't well-defined and people saw her as seriously inferior to Rem, especially in terms of her chemistry with Subaru. Fortunately, here that doesn't seem to be the case. The author did a better job than Zero at defining Sagiri's character and making her a truly lovable character and making me want to see the two of them together. Her fighting back her crippling social anxiety to stand bare-faced in front of a stranger and declare that she won't let anyone else have him was the clincher; that was practically equivalent to walking into the middle of town stark naked and shouting at the top of your lungs. After the build up leading to that, I couldn't see anyone else winning. But while this was great in that it kept me from thinking "why is he dumping X for someone like her?", it also kept me from really appreciating the harem element and reduced any value that could have been given to his interactions with the other girls. It's a delicate balance, and while this one avoided one extreme it's falling into the other.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-10, 18:28   Link #238
Sakuratsuki

Spoiler for Ep 11 Eromanga:
Old 2017-06-10, 23:56   Link #239
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@BWTraveller
Next episode is "How the two met and future siblings". So far, I'm right on the mark?

It's interesting how others brought up this is the same author as OreImo, because as the one who actually made the original OreImo thread, I actually felt that this author actually knows the osananajimi trope inside and out. Lots of people hate on Manami, but to keep spoilers to a minimum, I think he actually did that character a lot of justice for someone obviously so into imoutos.

(I mean, I'm not going to lie, the ending still stung a bit. Still, I know such a relationship isn't really going to work in the real world, and upon reading recently the doujin "Life Consultation After 10 Years", I now have closure as THAT felt like a realistic epilogue to the story.)

Now interestingly, despite all the multi-faceted aspects of Manami, one osananajimi trope the author did NOT touch in OreImo was the forgotten childhood friend. Admittedly, at first I was confused at the 'hajimemashite' greeting Masa/Sagiri exchanged in episode 1 because I noticed episode 2 OP with the couple appearing as kids, and then it hit me there's still something the author didn't touch on before. Somehow Masa and Sagiri met when they were younger, and this kicked off their 'types' (thus their huge initial attraction even in their first meeting), but they don't remember/recognize each other three years later as the one they met. Goodness knows it's been done a billion times before, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case here.

Of course, this is still the author of OreImo we're talking about, so s/he'll probably find a way to make Sagiri blood-related or something. Am I the only one weirded out how Megumin focused on the 'non blood related under one house' in episode 2? How'd she even know they weren't related when she never became friends with Sagiri before? Reeks so much of foreshadowing, but I might just be overthinking things.

I mean, I do find it real odd that the guardian of the Izumis is their aunt, rather than one of their 'other' parents. Of course this most probably means that Masa's mom and Sagiri's dad just so happened to pass away before the story, BUT what if Sagiri's real dad is Masa's dad through an illicit affair? It isn't the first time childhood friends had been brought up the question "are we really blood related?", and usually in those stories the answer usually is 'no'. What if the biggest twist in this series is that it is a 'yes' instead? I most certainly wouldn't put it past the author. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-12, 07:50   Link #240
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
(I mean, I'm not going to lie, the ending still stung a bit. Still, I know such a relationship isn't really going to work in the real world, and upon reading recently the doujin "Life Consultation After 10 Years", I now have closure as THAT felt like a realistic epilogue to the story.)
First off, could you PM a summary of that epilogue? I've never even heard about it. Also, when you say "such a relationship" won't really work in the real world, are you talking about childhood friend romance or the specific sort of relationship found between Manami and Kyousuke? If it's the latter that's fine but if it's the former I'd have to strongly disagree. There are tons of people out there who married people that've been close to them since they were little. Even as close as Shouta and Yuzuki from Momokuri, who'd been like glue since infancy. It's hard, not impossible, and the challenge is part of what makes it such a treasure.
Quote:
Now interestingly, despite all the multi-faceted aspects of Manami, one osananajimi trope the author did NOT touch in OreImo was the forgotten childhood friend. Admittedly, at first I was confused at the 'hajimemashite' greeting Masa/Sagiri exchanged in episode 1 because I noticed episode 2 OP with the couple appearing as kids, and then it hit me there's still something the author didn't touch on before. Somehow Masa and Sagiri met when they were younger, and this kicked off their 'types' (thus their huge initial attraction even in their first meeting), but they don't remember/recognize each other three years later as the one they met. Goodness knows it's been done a billion times before, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case here.
Have to say I'm not that big a fan of the forgotten childhood friend, at least when placed next to the standard version. I don't mind it, it's still real sweet, but as I mentioned in your special thread on childhood friend romance, their separation fixes a lot of the problems faced by childhood friends to such a point where I'd say a friend of a few years is a bigger obstacle. The separation diminishes the familiarity and draws them apart, transforming their past from proof of an absolute relationship that doesn't need anything more into a long-lost treasure that needs serious effort to reclaim and hold dear. But still, while I'm not as big a fan as I am of a standard childhood friend, and I get frustrated if a steady childhood friend who's always been there is dumped for someone who's been gone for a long time, it's still a good trope on its own.
Quote:
Of course, this is still the author of OreImo we're talking about, so s/he'll probably find a way to make Sagiri blood-related or something. Am I the only one weirded out how Megumin focused on the 'non blood related under one house' in episode 2? How'd she even know they weren't related when she never became friends with Sagiri before? Reeks so much of foreshadowing, but I might just be overthinking things.
Hard to say; I took it more as her studying up before showing up. It wouldn't be all that hard to find out that she's living with a stepbrother alone, especially since it's made clear that she's open and friendly and talkative with everyone she meets. And if she knows that she's living with a "brother" who's not really related to her, with no one else around, it'd be rather likely to strike her as both strange and difficult, something to show sympathy for.
Quote:
I mean, I do find it real odd that the guardian of the Izumis is their aunt, rather than one of their 'other' parents. Of course this most probably means that Masa's mom and Sagiri's dad just so happened to pass away before the story, BUT what if Sagiri's real dad is Masa's dad through an illicit affair? It isn't the first time childhood friends had been brought up the question "are we really blood related?", and usually in those stories the answer usually is 'no'. What if the biggest twist in this series is that it is a 'yes' instead? I most certainly wouldn't put it past the author. XD
I believe their parents were a widow and a widower. I don't recall Sagiri talking much about her former father, but I do recall Masamune talking about what it was like losing his original "real" mother and how much it hurt. Both their lives have been hard, losing a dear parent, struggling to handle the new family, and then losing their remaining parent and stepparent in one fell swoop. The first reunion between the two really makes sense. After that sort of experience, it'd not be at all surprising to really want family and cling to it, like Masamune initially seems to have done, or to reject the idea of labelling someone with a relationship so stained with "betrayal" and "abandonment" like Sagiri initially seemed to do.

Anyway, I'm going to remain skeptical about the "are we related" thing until I get more evidence than the clumsy attempts at ice-breaking by a nosy, intrusive twelve-year-old fake-slut. But then I got tired of that "Maybe we are blood" just from reading the wiki page on Naka-Imo.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
novelist, siblings