AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-18, 17:31   Link #961
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
Spoiler for spoiler no Ri-Maajon !.. for ep 16, Aaeru mystery:

Spoiler for Ah, forgot to mention about the Ri-maajon:

Last edited by warainagara; 2006-07-18 at 18:35.
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 18:45   Link #962
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
More episode 16

Spoiler for episode 16:
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 20:55   Link #963
m000m000

Spoiler for Stuff about Ep16:

Last edited by m000m000; 2006-07-18 at 21:22.
m000m000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 21:26   Link #964
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Seen episode five.

What impresses me about Simoun is the story driven by each of the characters' own perspectives about the implications of the war, to what motivations have an impact whether positive or negative upon a certain character who desire to grasp, for what use were the Simouns assigned to, etc.

Each episode weaves a part puzzle of the plot, sometimes focused on an overall peace, other times filled with the intrigue of politics manipulated from behind by the adults, and the last part dealing at the midst of the homicidal war where the Simula recall or build dismal experiences about their helplessness felt upon the casualties they witness live.

At the same time, a Simula recounts the past or simply experiences the present of their lives for an episode focusing individually on each of them.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 00:43   Link #965
metronome
Mad Loli

ah....time to find the simoun action figures lolz!:P:P:P(go find rimone)

btw

@wowo

I cant edit the subs after the part:

Spoiler:

just wanna edit the tenses/structure:P:P
but oh well if it cant it's still good

thanks for the subs btw
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 14:51   Link #966
wowo

Quote:
You mean you can't open the file in a subtitle program?
I'm not sure if I can help, but if you can give me a few more details maybe I can do something differently.

Quote:
tenses
Yes, I know I am horrible with those. >_<
I should pick up a grammar book and just read the damn thing.
wowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 16:20   Link #967
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome
Hey, if you're interested in editing fansub files, we're always looking for more help over at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Simoun .

And in a pinch, an .ass file can be edited with a regular garden variety text editor. That's what I do....
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 18:31   Link #968
warainagara
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by m000m000
Old 2006-07-19, 18:31   Link #969
warainagara
CA

Quote:
Also, the art/drawing job seems to have been handed to the same team who did the previous super-atrocious Episode 9 .
The art/drawing director of this ep is the one who did ep 9.
I hope they will redo the job for DVDs.
Recently, animes are quite often redone for the purpose, I'm positive.

And, the radio show seems to have announced the temporary result of the character poll

1. Aaeru
2. Yun
3. Neviril
4. Mamina
5. Limone
Old 2006-07-19, 19:33   Link #970
m000m000

Quote:
Originally Posted by warainagara
And, the radio show seems to have announced the temporary result of the character poll

1. Aaeru
2. Yun
3. Neviril
4. Mamina
5. Limone
I support this moition o/

...Well, except for the person on top, maybe .

Personally I think Dominura should deserve to be in the top 5, but then again most people already voted way before the two-three most recent episodes. Oh well, hope they do another popularity check by the end of the series. If I had to swap someone out on the list personally, it'd probably be Mamiina. As much as I like her myself, she's for most of the part fairly typical and hasn't really gotten a chance to shine for real yet.

Also, the Sisters have to be the most bland characters of the main cast, IMO - Aside from their issue with each other... was there really anything in either of them that made them stand out, positive or negative? Not really.
(...and while the Sisters may be somewhat bland, at least they're not annoying gits. Yes, I'm looking at you, Floe).

Anyway, it's a character popularity poll, not a character personality and character judgement poll, so oh well

Also, I' bet that Yun placing so high is half the reason why they finally went and fixed the opening animation to include her . Here's to hoping she'll get a good major spotlight episode down the line...

m000m000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 21:42   Link #971
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...(...and while the Sisters may be somewhat bland, at least they're not annoying gits. Yes, I'm looking at you, Floe). Anyway, it's a character popularity poll, not a character personality and character judgement poll, so oh well....Also, I'd bet that Yun placing so high is half the reason why they finally went and fixed the opening animation to include her....
Furoe is one of my (many) favorites. I don't find her annoying at all. She's Miss Natural. She doesn't hold back, but comes right out with her feelings. And when she rushed Aaeru out of the dining room that day, for a little talk about love, she showed social sensitivity and boldness. Her young seiyuu Aizawa Michiru, who is supposedly only 13, is giving her a harsh voice, though, it's true.

As for the sisters, they both seem pretty serious, except for their romantic neediness. In a way, maybe they're the normal ones that make a background for the others.

I think you may be right about Yun and the OP. I'll bet they didn't expect her to become so popular. Part of the credit has to go to Nazuka Kaori, for striking just the right note with her voice.

I was just looking at the 2channel thread called "Moe for Furoe (Belly-button)". Several people there commented on the seiyuu's acting ability, and said she expressed emotion well. And there were a couple of cute little plays on words:
エロフロエ = ero-Furoe This is a palindrome in Japanese (reads the same backwards and forwards).
フロエと風呂へ = Furoe to furo e "Go to the bath with Furoe."

But I voted for Aaeru in the popularity poll.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 23:15   Link #972
wowo

I love Furoe as well. She's my 2nd favorite, with Aeru coming in 1st place.
I don't get what's so great about Yun. She's cool, but she barely says or does anything. I mean 2nd place? That's a pretty impressive rank!
Somehow I feel a Ayanami Rei style popularity taking place for her.
wowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 00:46   Link #973
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowo
You mean you can't open the file in a subtitle program?
I'm not sure if I can help, but if you can give me a few more details maybe I can do something differently.
haha, no I mean I have edited some part of the subs, but subs only appears till some part of the anime, the rest of the subs wont appear after that, may be because of the line spacing?
I can open that in the text document files
I can only edit till this part:

Spoiler:

after that part, the subs wont show in the anime

Quote:
Yes, I know I am horrible with those. >_<
I should pick up a grammar book and just read the damn thing.
dun't worry
subs comes first editing comes later hahaha:P
it's pretty good to get a glimpse of what all the characters' dialogs as fast as we can
Old 2006-07-20, 00:47   Link #974
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan
Hey, if you're interested in editing fansub files, we're always looking for more help over at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Simoun .

And in a pinch, an .ass file can be edited with a regular garden variety text editor. That's what I do....

uh....I'm can't understand japanese, but oh well since I watched so many animes, may be I can get a glimpse~~
Old 2006-07-20, 00:49   Link #975
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by warainagara
The art/drawing director of this ep is the one who did ep 9.
I hope they will redo the job for DVDs.
Recently, animes are quite often redone for the purpose, I'm positive.

1. Aaeru
2. Yun
3. Neviril
4. Mamina
5. Limone
bah.....Yuun got number 2??

to me, Neviril is number 2, her lips is somehow attractive:P

ya, aaeru wibis fista is the best ;P
Old 2006-07-20, 07:45   Link #976
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I don't get what's so great about Yun. She's cool, but she barely says or does anything. I mean 2nd place? That's a pretty impressive rank!
Yes, I don't get it either. Usually such characters get ranked high when the rest of the characters are thought to be annoying - it's better to pick someone who is rarely seen that someone who gets on your nerves all the time. But in Simoun most of the cast is impressive which makes it weird that a character who has had such a minor role is ranked so highly.

Floe's mouth is most of the times a few steps ahead of her brain which is the reason I am not that fond of her. My favourites have to be Aaeru, Rimone and Dominura. Neviril just spent too much time being angsty and depressed in her room. And having said all that about Yun she needs to get more screen time.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 13:25   Link #977
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome
bah.....Yuun got number 2?? to me, Neviril is number 2, her lips is somehow attractive:P ya, aaeru wibis fista is the best ;P
I like Yun. Even though she wouldn't be near the top of my list, I can understand why she's popular: both for her appearance and for her character. She is the most serious of all, and there are so many little events that put her in a good light. The way she put her hand on Mamina's shoulder to half stop her when she first met Chor Tempest and was going over to be a pill to them. Her refusal to run from battle, even though she hates it, because so many of her friends had fought and died. Her lullaby. Her crisp upbraiding of Paraietta for not being equally concerned for all the sibyllae. And she is to some extent the quiet blank slate that people can write what they want on. And she's blonde, lol. I really do think that Nazuka Kaori's unusual approach to her voice has helped, as well.

What Matrim said about such characters usually being popular when other characters are annoying is true, but both Suzumiya Haruhi (Yuki) and Simoun (Yun) are counter-examples where they are popular despite the strength of the other characters. It's a bit of a mystery in both cases.

I like the idea of Neviril's lips being attractive, lol. Here's the home page of the character designer/animation director, Nishida Asako. The small links just above "Information," about 3/4 of the way down the page, lead to great drawings of Neviril and Aaeru, and to a gallery. Not all images are work-safe (especially Aaeru). With the pic of Neviril, she wrote that she loved the Diana-like (I think that's Diana the Huntress, the Greek goddess) feeling that Takahashi Rieko brought to the role, even though it was a bit different from her original conception, which was more big-sisterish.

An anti-Simoun post a month or so ago said that the poster didn't have to check to know that this show was made my men. That is true for the director and other staff -- and probably for the main writer, who seems to use a pseudonym -- but the images are all Nishida Asako, who as I said was both the character designer and the animation director. She did the same two jobs on Yama to Boushi to Hon, and was animation director of Fate/Stay Night, among other shows.

Neviril attractive? I'd say so:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-07-20 at 13:48.
Old 2006-07-20, 13:47   Link #978
fignae
floofer. floof.

Yun has a gravity the other characters don't possess. It's like Neviril's, but different, harder. Besides, she has the most conventional beauty of them all. I may remember thinking that when she first appeared. She stands out for looking fairly ordinarily pretty. I suppose the Japanese otakus also respond to her ore-ness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I found the home page of the character designer/animation director, Nishida Asako. The small links just above "Information," about 3/4 of the way down the page, lead to great drawings of Neviril and Aaeru, and to a gallery.
Wow. Her drawings are just great (godly!). And so many lolis, haha. Thanks for the link! The first girl in the original works page has a very Aaeru-like look and attitude. And ah, Takahashi Rieko and Diana again.... (Oh, sorry, it's Dianna of Turn A. But I'm sure it's evocative of the goddess as well.)

Last edited by fignae; 2006-07-20 at 22:57.
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 14:14   Link #979
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae
...Wow. Her drawings are just great (godly!)....
I think I've mentioned this before, but check out the "Dolls" section, especially the "Photo Album," for her yuri doll collection. The dolls she works with are Super Dollfie.
Old 2006-07-20, 14:51   Link #980
DaFool
Resident devil

Ever since Yun and Mami appeared, I've always been a Yun fanboy. In this sense, her popularity confirms my psychoanalysis on myself. I'm surprised that the feelings that made Japanese otakus vote for her are similar to mine.

Yun is the sensible male-brain-in-female-body archetype. In other words, a friend who happens to be hot. Although men may worship goddesses like Neviril, its the accessible female who wins in the end.

Yun speaks in masculine.
She's no-nonsense.
At the same time she's your best buddy and greatest support, as showed by key scenes.
By singing the lullaby, she shows that she has potential maternal instincts as well. That is just damn attractive.
Not to mention, the elegant ladylike way she carries herself, and that damn miniskirt!

DaFool faints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
An anti-Simoun post a month or so ago said that the poster didn't have to check to know that this show was made my men. That is true for the director and other staff -- and probably for the main writer, who seems to use a pseudonym -- but the images are all Nishida Asako, who as I said was both the character designer and the animation director. She did the same two jobs on Yama to Boushi to Hon, and was animation director of Fate/Stay Night, among other shows.
That shouldn't really matter though. Heck, even Hollywood movies ever since the fifties were directed mostly by men, but that didn't mean that character or romance was lacking in all shows. The difference is that Simoun aimed to be beyond the blatant exploitation of characters type of series, and it succeeded. Also, its through talents like Nishida Asako who are so inspiring that many male artists are preferrinng the female style of artistic depiction...that is why more and more bishoujo games and seinen manga / novels are illustrated like shoujo, and sometimes by women, and in some cases even have more detailed, elaborate, and intricate drawings than typical shoujo. I noticed this ever since I branched off from shounen into shoujo and then enjoyed the recent seinen boom. Heck, even shounen nowadays are less 'bold and spikey' and more soft and muted in design.

Last edited by DaFool; 2006-07-20 at 15:12.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri