AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-12, 23:53   Link #241
Wrath88
Kissing...

That's just the lens flare effect creating a mirage.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-13, 08:08   Link #242
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Bleh, closet lolicon
Old 2007-01-18, 22:32   Link #243
azuma-blade
The Dominant

Send a message via Yahoo to azuma-blade
can i join
Old 2007-01-19, 06:25   Link #244
-Tsukihime-

Send a message via MSN to -Tsukihime- Send a message via Yahoo to -Tsukihime-
same here can I join?
is there any req. for the club?
I mean to get accepted?

oh I forgot..
konnichiwa minna~!
(silly me ^__^; )
Old 2007-01-19, 07:08   Link #245
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tsukihime- View Post
same here can I join?
is there any req. for the club?
The basic one: Must like Primula.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-19, 13:01   Link #246
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Can I join please? I made a request a long time ago but it got ignored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Bleh, closet lolicon
I'm not a closet case either.
Old 2007-01-19, 13:10   Link #247
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

You know, most clubs aren't as organized as us, so just consider yourself in most of the time

I range. Some people have actually neg repped me for being a lolicon, then someone accused me of not being one of "them" lolicon. Go figure
Old 2007-01-19, 13:33   Link #248
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Variety is good, beauty comes in many forms.

I wonder how many people need to be reminded that Primula is only a year younger than Nerine. She's just waifish.

Heh, "lolicon" gets tossed around and misused so much as a label that it has almost no meaning anymore.
Old 2007-01-19, 13:35   Link #249
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
I range. Some people have actually neg repped me for being a lolicon, then someone accused me of not being one of "them" lolicon. Go figure
I can't imagine neg-repping someone for being a lolicon. Wouldn't you end up having to neg-rep like half of the board?

Also, wouldn't you be classified as more of an osanajimi fan? That was more the image I always had ....
Old 2007-01-19, 13:46   Link #250
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Question!

Is the description of Ama being a "loli milf" an oxymoron?
Am I half a lolicon because I like her? :x
Old 2007-01-19, 13:52   Link #251
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Question!

Is the description of Ama being a "loli milf" an oxymoron?
Am I half a lolicon because I like her? :x
Technically a loli is someone underaged, it's common usage is more for the dainty character-type. Like moe I think a lot of confusion erupts because there's two common usages and neither is really right or wrong.

It's usually easier to look at a range of people that someone likes to make a generalization. npal seems to generally lean to the osanajimi. Though someone could draw the assumption that he's a lolicon because he likes Sakura and Nanoha, I guess? Anyway, the point is that I can safely say that by looking at the range of anime characters you like, you're wholeheartedly a mommy-con, Riker.
Old 2007-01-19, 14:01   Link #252
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Thats why I always say "loli" is a state of mind (or at least of appearance) .... age is irrelevant. Rooboy's definition is also accurate though I get into disputes because I define "lolicon" (underage) as separate from "pedocon" (pre-puberty). I suppose acting or looking "loli" should be taken differently than being a "lolicon" (stupid shifting word meanings )

My brain doesn't function properly when Ama is onscreen ... but it doesn't function properly when Kanon's Mai ... or LH's Motoko ... or Negima's Kaede ... or well, as I said - beauty comes in many forms.
Old 2007-01-19, 14:05   Link #253
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
I can't imagine neg-repping someone for being a lolicon. Wouldn't you end up having to neg-rep like half of the board?

Also, wouldn't you be classified as more of an osanajimi fan? That was more the image I always had ....
Eh... well, apparently some thought my loli appreciation was too much to bear Who knows One comment when something like this : "drooling over under-developed bodies makes me sick" or something like that. Left me scratching my head.

Well, I'm also known for favoring close relatives. But yeah, I've got more than my share of loli favorites . It depends on the anime and when and how each girl is presented. Osananajimi just tend to have most personality traits that I like, only contested by close relatives usually. Then there's the case of some ideals, morals, beliefs etc, that I have that boost each girl's profile accordingly. Plus, Primula got extra points for caring for Kaede so much during her arc. Plus, Primula is more or less family, and I'm a devoted individual .

Well, let's just say that a loli osananajimi scores insane points And then, it depends on the rival girls' personality. But you know, sometimes a conflict of conscience arises, where I feel that the right order of things is to root for the childhood friend, yet I can't really decide if I should root for the other girl, or maybe the third girl (I'm actually having that sort of trouble in Juushi Akazukin, although that's not a romance anime )

Well, not really. The official end of the loli spectrum is around 13-14 and women can bear children then, so it's technically possible Then, there's the idealized "loli" that transcends age (and sometimes certain aspects of appearance), so yeah... a loli milf is possible
Old 2007-01-19, 14:07   Link #254
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Anyway, the point is that I can safely say that by looking at the range of anime characters you like, you're wholeheartedly a mommy-con, Riker.
Noooooooooooo~

Lies! I Deny Everything!

/runs

Ok, I should stop spamming off topic posts. :x
Old 2007-01-19, 14:22   Link #255
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Thats why I always say "loli" is a state of mind (or at least of appearance) .... age is irrelevant. Rooboy's definition is also accurate though I get into disputes because I define "lolicon" (underage) as separate from "pedocon" (pre-puberty). I suppose acting or looking "loli" should be taken differently than being a "lolicon" (stupid shifting word meanings )
I guess I didn't make it too clear in my earlier post: I also think it's easier to use it to define the body-type rather than the age. Since the art style can make younger characters bigger busted it's not really useful in describing the age. From that perspective Primula would be a loli (irregardless of age) and so would Ama, but Ama is also a mother, which is it's own moe type (and a nekomimi as well!)

If I were to chart them I would say Ama's primary mode is mommy, secondary is loli and tertiary is nekomimi. Primula's primary is loli, secondary is emotionless and tertiary is fake imouto.

For full disclosure I prefer older, "airhead", hime-sama, bokkukun and tsundere types (in about that order). It's always nice to be aware of what you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Well, let's just say that a loli osananajimi scores insane points And then, it depends on the rival girls' personality. But you know, sometimes a conflict of conscience arises, where I feel that the right order of things is to root for the childhood friend, yet I can't really decide if I should root for the other girl, or maybe the third girl (I'm actually having that sort of trouble in Juushi Akazukin, although that's not a romance anime )
I have the same kind of conflict in Akazukin though, on the one hand I really like Ringo's tsundere-ness, on the other I'm very fond of both Shirayuki-hime's hime-sama mode and Ibara-hime's airhead mode, so it's very hard to choose a favorite. Though, like you said, it's really not a romance per se.
Old 2007-01-19, 15:04   Link #256
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
You know, most clubs aren't as organized as us, so just consider yourself in most of the time

No one has ever given a neg for not being a lolicon but i have gotten a few for being one.

I even got one for Shizuru Sig when it wasn't even in the MH/MO forum.
Old 2007-01-19, 15:11   Link #257
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well lol i define a loli as:

a character who is in the pre puberty stage of development regardless of age

and with that its easier for me to snap to my senses

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-19, 15:44   Link #258
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Technically a loli is someone underaged, it's common usage is more for the dainty character-type. Like moe I think a lot of confusion erupts because there's two common usages and neither is really right or wrong.

It's usually easier to look at a range of people that someone likes to make a generalization. npal seems to generally lean to the osanajimi. Though someone could draw the assumption that he's a lolicon because he likes Sakura and Nanoha, I guess? Anyway, the point is that I can safely say that by looking at the range of anime characters you like, you're wholeheartedly a mommy-con, Riker.

mommy-cows, mommy-pigs, mommy-con... Rooboy is on a roll here today! Rumor also has it that some lolicons are actually mommy-cons as well. Welcome to the club Riker!
Old 2007-01-19, 16:13   Link #259
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Welcome to the club Riker!
Unfortunately, I'm already in a (very inactive) club: CMAC. :3

And while we're on the topic of lolis...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-24, 13:12   Link #260
-Tsukihime-

Send a message via MSN to -Tsukihime- Send a message via Yahoo to -Tsukihime-
Aren't we forgetting sth?

Spoiler:
Closed Thread