AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-02-09, 16:45   Link #841
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

00F would have to be tuned way the fuck down to work as an animated series, especially with how freakin' overpowered Fon is.
Old 2011-02-09, 17:47   Link #842
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
00F would have to be tuned way the fuck down to work as an animated series, especially with how freakin' overpowered Fon is.
Why would being an animated series necessitate such a change?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 19:12   Link #843
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
While Unicorn's visual quality is superb, I'd rather have something new than a retelling of the older material. It'd be nice, but they haven't given the impression that it's a priority for them at all. And given that Unicorn's still ongoing, I'd rather have a regular TV anime series than another OVA series that we have to wait a long time between instalments for- there's already Unicorn for that. Although there are hits and misses, and lord knows there's absolutely no way everyone will be pleased with whatever they put out, I like that they continually try to put new spins on Gundam and come up with original ideas to do with it. So, I guess that means I'm vaguely inclined towards another AU, but I'm willing to be surprised.

Do note, however, that no matter what I say in discussion or whatever opinions I voice normally, as soon as I'm actually sat down watching it I'll switch gears to 'dur hur giant robots' mode and will likely enjoy watching it whatever it is.
well im a sucker for awesome animation that is why i prefer the OVA route, and according to sales gundam unicorn is doing very well for a OVA, but ye its more likely that it will be a 50 episode TV series

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteOPSIM View Post
Has the possibility of a NEW timeline been ruled out?or we have some confirmation or rumour that it will take place in an existing timeline?
it might be cool to see another timeline, i think people are saying that it will be base on UC timeline because of this http://animehistory.wordpress.com/20...ries-after-00/
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 19:32   Link #844
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Why would being an animated series necessitate such a change?
Mainly because Fon's skill in the manga utterly breaks the atmosphere in the animated 00'verse depictions. His abilities in a mobile suit put Kira Yamato to shame--we're talking about someone who downed a pair of Emprusses in a single shot, and took out Gadessa-series mobile suits by freaking kicking them in a second-generation Gundam without upgrades.

Most people would fly off the handle if it was animated and he wasn't toned way the hell down.
Old 2011-02-09, 20:44   Link #845
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
I know it's too soon, but would 00P/00F be an awesome series?

And what about MSV or 00V, maybe some special series like that... My imagination is running wild!
Ugh, if only that was the plan. But since Okawara is back, I don't think it'll be anything 00 related. The mecha designs from the series aren't his MO.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 21:13   Link #846
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Most people would fly off the handle if it was animated and he wasn't toned way the hell down.
Eh, let them fly off the handle. The Gundam fandom could use a kick in the pants.
Old 2011-02-09, 21:16   Link #847
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Well, I'm with RD on the toning down of Fon's skills, if they were to ever be animated. The Empruss and GNZ line got fucked up enough as it is in the main series.
Old 2011-02-09, 21:23   Link #848
monster

Seriously, though, I'd take it either way. But if Fon is really that powerful in a mobile suit, then it would be a shame not to see him at his best.
Old 2011-02-09, 21:45   Link #849
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Seriously, though, I'd take it either way. But if Fon is really that powerful in a mobile suit, then it would be a shame not to see him at his best.
The thing is, he shouldn't be that powerful. The machine he was using was a carbon copy of a second-generation Gundam, and not the one with the special composite armor, either. The Gadessa and Garazzo have it beat in every department from size, strength, armor, maneuverability, weaponry, plus skilled pilots with the VEDA backup. By all rights, the Astraea Type F should've been completely obliterated.

Instead, he's going around taking out three superior machines with a single kick. Machines that previously required the 00 Raiser to put down with any semblance of ease.

No, most serious fans of 00 aren't happy at all with how Fon turned out, and that's just with his skills. I'm sure others have problems with the fact that he's basically an axe-crazy, amoral Setsuna copy when it comes to his characterization.
Old 2011-02-09, 22:07   Link #850
monster

Alright, I'll trust you on this. A one-kick victory does seem a bit ridiculous from the sound of it.
Old 2011-02-09, 22:12   Link #851
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I wish I was exaggerating when I said that, but I wasn't. He doesn't even have to try for most, if not all, of his fights, and he's the protagonist of 00F. So... yeah.
Old 2011-02-09, 22:25   Link #852
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
it might be cool to see another timeline, i think people are saying that it will be base on UC timeline because of this http://animehistory.wordpress.com/20...ries-after-00/
What? That has nothing to do with the next show... People are saying it might be UC because Okawara said it might be UC...
Old 2011-02-10, 01:05   Link #853
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Which for all we know could of been just the biggest case of BS. I wouldn't be surprised if he just said it on a whim.
Old 2011-02-10, 19:56   Link #854
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Which for all we know could of been just the biggest case of BS. I wouldn't be surprised if he just said it on a whim.
I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thread is a result of him going senile and there's absolutely no announcement next month...

I mean, the nichigo timeslot is being filled by Ao no Exocist at least until October after all... So a TV series announcement at this point is unlikely.
Old 2011-02-10, 21:13   Link #855
tetsuo69

still no news on the new series
Old 2011-02-10, 21:23   Link #856
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thread is a result of him going senile and there's absolutely no announcement next month...

I mean, the nichigo timeslot is being filled by Ao no Exocist at least until October after all... So a TV series announcement at this point is unlikely.
Or this new project could turn out to be something other than an animated series.

But if that's the case, then I would wish he had kept quiet rather than getting my hopes up.
Old 2011-02-10, 22:00   Link #857
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Then again, hellfire and brimstone will rain down if no one hears anything on March 1st at 00:00:00.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 23:06   Link #858
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Then again, hellfire and brimstone will rain down if no one hears anything on March 1st at 00:00:00.
How about if we hear the news that a live action sequel to G-Savior was coming out? (´・ω・`)
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 23:12   Link #859
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Or this new project could turn out to be something other than an animated series.

But if that's the case, then I would wish he had kept quiet rather than getting my hopes up.
Well, it will be more than two years since 00 ended this year, so a new Gundam starting in October might be logical based on the past few Gundam shows (ie the two year gaps between X/Turn A, Turn A/Seed, and Seed Destiny/00, and new Gundam shows tend to start in October on MBS). But if that is indeed the case then the announcement should be a bit later than March... But then again, who knows.

Last edited by brightman; 2011-02-10 at 23:34.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 23:15   Link #860
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
woot so a chance for another gundam OVA is high
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote