AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-08, 02:55   Link #61
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Superchop gets + rep for giving me + rep. or atleast i hope I gave him + rep, it won't let me give rep to him.
Old 2003-12-08, 03:01   Link #62
The Small One

Hm, it makes me really happy that people are starting to use the reputation function...
But actually you should rate the quality of the posts and not giving rep for getting some.
Old 2003-12-08, 03:36   Link #63
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
well for me i own both xbox and ps2 but what i really like to play is rpg games in which there r tons more in ps2 than in xbox (ff series, suikoden series which is one of my faviorite games and arc the lad series and there is much more great games on ps2 that make it worth my money mg series and a lot more) but the sole reason i bought an xbox which is a really good reason is shenmue i really hope that they make shenmue 3 on xbox
Old 2003-12-08, 03:43   Link #64
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
You obviously don't know me very well If it can be abused, I abused it
Old 2003-12-08, 03:54   Link #65
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
Oh really? You meant Kiddy games? Not Kitty games?

That sucks. Well Looks like I'm gonna cancel that Gamecube order, I seriously wanted a kitty game for my cat. Currently He pwnz me at ddr. Arguing which system is the best and who's marketing strategy is rather pointless.

All you stupid people who think their system is some how better then all the others should shut the hell up.

Ever notice how no one changes their opinions ever? No one is gonna prove anything and this is all gonna end in a big bloody flame war. The Ps3 will come out. No one can tell how well it will sell right now. Same for the Xbox 2 and what ever the hell nintendo releases.

Please let's return the discussion to the actual ps3 or about kitties that play ddr. That thread was much more fun and less hurtful to other people.
1.) You have absolutely no right to tell ANYONE to shut up, unless they, themselves are insulting you or you are the creator of this thread/mod, which you are none of.

2.) This is a forum, forums are meant to discuss/examine/comment on topics, from the absurd to the most important, and THE RIGHT TO EXPRESS such feelings/comments/information of the topic at hand.

3.) This isn't even a flame war, since both Superchop/me/anyone whose comment hasn't even called anyone other then a "fanboy" and boy I'm sure everyones hurt and crying over that. We've had a perfectly adult convo about something that matters to us.

4.) We're closer to being on topic then abusing someone's mispelled term, if you don't like it then make your own thread about cats playing games, or whatever you want, and if I reply and you don't like it, then tell me to shut up.

5.) I'm not trying to change anyones opinion over anything, I merely state the facts, and any conculsions I may have, if they don't like/believe it/follow it, then great, that's up to them, not you telling them to silence their own voice.

Its people like you, that don't think when typing or lack the simple curtesy/politiness that accidently instigate flame wars. If you thought we were idiots, and wanted to prove your point then you could of simply said anything along the lines of "I think everyones acting foolish over this topic and it should be dropped." Or whatever, I wouldn't of said a word, instead disrespecting everyone.

Last edited by JubeiYamazaki; 2003-12-08 at 04:12.
Old 2003-12-08, 04:54   Link #66
luckme10
Just call me G

Location: California, bay area or is it San Diego... not sure
Send a message via AIM to luckme10
I can't wait til the dolphin comes out! It'll be right up there with the katana and the Ultra 64. Oh wait this isn't a thread on general prototypes? Darn... Anyways Consider this the ps2 uses a 300 mhz processor... weee 300 mhz does that come with or without mmx technology??? LOL As it is game developers are seriously limited to the ps2 hardware and are already searching for every nook and cranny to get the most out of it. While pc developers on the other hand have much more play limiting their current minimum specs to like a 64 mb video card geforce 2 equivalent or better and a 1 ghz processor. ps1's life span was 95-200 thats 5 years. For the ps2lets see it was released on october 26 2000 thats over 3 years old! Its over the hill.
Old 2003-12-08, 11:18   Link #67
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckme10
I can't wait til the dolphin comes out! It'll be right up there with the katana and the Ultra 64. Oh wait this isn't a thread on general prototypes? Darn... Anyways Consider this the ps2 uses a 300 mhz processor... weee 300 mhz does that come with or without mmx technology??? LOL As it is game developers are seriously limited to the ps2 hardware and are already searching for every nook and cranny to get the most out of it. While pc developers on the other hand have much more play limiting their current minimum specs to like a 64 mb video card geforce 2 equivalent or better and a 1 ghz processor. ps1's life span was 95-200 thats 5 years. For the ps2lets see it was released on october 26 2000 thats over 3 years old! Its over the hill.
Umm dude, 'DOLPHIN' IS GAMECUBE. Ultra 64 was the codename used for the development of the n64, but its 'not' the ultra64, ultra64 got used towards arcade hardware, ie KILLER INSTINCT. Or I might be wrong......-_-

But you said PC, so.....I'm inclined to like your post.....PC rules over all ^_^
Old 2003-12-08, 15:05   Link #68
JAppi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
2.) This is a forum, forums are meant to discuss/examine/comment on topics
How come I'm not allowed to post my opinion?

Quote:
Its people like you, that don't think when typing or lack the simple curtesy/politiness that accidently instigate flame wars.
*gasp* You're flaming me! You were the first party to flame.

Quote:
1.) You have absolutely no right to tell ANYONE to shut up, unless they, themselves are insulting you
So by your logic I am now perfectly justified in calling you a cock sucking faggot final fantasy fanboi xbox raping, dog tackling whore. Thank you for allowing me the honour.
Old 2003-12-08, 18:34   Link #69
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Ok ok ppl im taking a law course right now and I will state this one fact and then not take a part in this little flame war here.

The 1st amendment of the United States Constitution guarentees its inhabitants the right to free speech. However this freedom is not unlimited. Free speech can be limited when it goes against the government in times of war and crisis. It can also be limited if it has the potential to cause disturbance in the society. For example, yelling "fire" in a mall when there is none is a misdemeanor and can be punished/enforced by law.
Old 2003-12-08, 18:42   Link #70
Dark Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Ok ok ppl im taking a law course right now and I will state this one fact and then not take a part in this little flame war here.

The 1st amendment of the United States Constitution guarentees its inhabitants the right to free speech. However this freedom is not unlimited. Free speech can be limited when it goes against the government in times of war and crisis. It can also be limited if it has the potential to cause disturbance in the society. For example, yelling "fire" in a mall when there is none is a misdemeanor and can be punished/enforced by law.

Who said that that amendment can be used against us in this forum? We not all american here, or live in america. I see what your trying to get at, but its meaningless.
Old 2003-12-08, 19:22   Link #71
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

eh wasn't this a discussion about a PS3?
Old 2003-12-08, 19:33   Link #72
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
eh wasn't this a discussion about a PS3?
Yeah, I'm here with a casual interest in the next gen consoles. Anybody have any info on whether the other manufacturers have something set to sell around 2006 too?

-k
Old 2003-12-08, 21:51   Link #73
JAppi
Banned

The majority of the people who come here are from the united states. These laws also apply in other countries. You have the freedom of free speech as long as you're not harming anyone else or infringing upon anyone else's free speech.
Old 2003-12-08, 22:20   Link #74
NinjaServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
The majority of the people who come here are from the united states. These laws also apply in other countries. You have the freedom of free speech as long as you're not harming anyone else or infringing upon anyone else's free speech.
uuuhhh.....we already know that.....why did you waste a post telling everyone the OBVIOUS!!!
Old 2003-12-08, 22:31   Link #75
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

OK OK i was trying to end some flaming but in place of it i started another flaming. ENOUGH

ok so back to topic
Wasnt the original release for PS3 2005? Or is it 2006? Which is the real date?
Old 2003-12-08, 23:19   Link #76
NinjaServ

I vote for the next systems to have more original names (like if they had named the current ones GayStation69, GropeCube, and XXXBox!!!)

LOL

**PS: Anyone up for a game on the classic NES (Nude Entertainment System)!!!**
Old 2003-12-08, 23:30   Link #77
Dark Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
OK OK i was trying to end some flaming but in place of it i started another flaming. ENOUGH

ok so back to topic
Wasnt the original release for PS3 2005? Or is it 2006? Which is the real date?
There was never an "original" date set, it was all speculation of people to eagerly awaiting for the ps3. C'mon, seriously, they started with ps3 rumors before the ps2 even officially came out. Expect something to come out maybe mid 05, early 06, MAYBE.

Sony is soon coming out with both the PSX and PSP, I doubt they want to bring anything else in too early, thus hurting the sales of mentioned systems, IMO.
Old 2003-12-17, 19:53   Link #78
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

I chose Playstation throughout the years because of the games that are available for it and I like the way the console looks hehehe... though the loading times drive me insane sometimes... but there are soooo many games (lots of my favorites) to choose from... I'm looking forward for when the PSP comes out towards the end of next year. But for now I guess the GameBoy Advance SP will do.
Old 2003-12-17, 20:47   Link #79
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I'm also looking forward to Sony's PSP. Does anyone know the specs on it.
Old 2003-12-18, 00:44   Link #80
Amok
(ey'mok)

PSP Specifications:

PSP CPU Core

MIPS R4000 32-bit core
128-bit bus
1-333MHz (1.2V)
8MB eDRAM main memory
2.6Gbps bus bandwidth
FPU, VFPU (2.6 billion flops)
3D graphics extended instructions
I Cache, D Cache

PSP Media Engine

MIPS R4000 32-bit core
128-bit bus
1-333MHz (1.2V)
2MB eDRAM submemory
I-Cache, D-Cache
90nm CMOS

PSP Graphics Core

1-166MHz (1.2V)
256-bit bus
2MB eDRAM (VRAM)
5.3Gbps bus bandwidth
664 million pixels per second pizel fill rate
3D curved surface and 3D polygon engine
Support for compressed textures, hardware clipping, morphing, bone, tessellation, bezier, b-spline (NURBS)
Maximum of 33 million polygons per second
24-bit full color (RGBA)

Sound Core

VME (Virtual Mobile Engine)
Reconfigurable DSP
166MHz (1.2 V)
128-bit bus
5 giga operations per second
CODEC capabilities
3D sound, 7.1 channels
Synthesizer, effecter, and other abilities
ATRAC3 plus, AAC, MP3 for audio

Media

UMD (Universal Media Disc)
60mm-diameter disc
660nm laser diode
1.8GB capacity (dual-layered disc)
11Mbps transfer rate
AES crypto system
Unique disc ID
Shock proof
Regional code system
Parental lock system
Repeat ordering system

Other Specifications

16:9-format widescreen TFT LCD (480x272 pixels, 24-bit full color)
MPEG4 AVC decoder
Wireless LAN (802.11)
IrDA (Infrared Data Association)
USB 2.0
Memory Stick
AV in/out
Stereo headphone out
Lithium ion battery
Expansion port

Click for larger image
Here's the concept for the PSP. The prototype will be officially displayed at E3 2004 along with a few of the release titles, with more titles to be revelead at TGS 2004. Expected release date for the PSP is Q4 2004.
Closed Thread